• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A in verse fight for the fun with a lot of mobility and explosions!!!

DEMOMAN vs SOLDIER

Rules:
-Battle takes place at Dustbowl
-Everything allowed!!!!
-Each start in their spawn room (Defense and Aatack)
-Soldier ressurection is not combat applicable here(I hope)

The Drunk Scottish cyclop with a cursed eye socket: 7 (Knifeman29, jojo123, Mariogoods, Artorimachi_Meteoraft, Sonicflare9, Popted2, CrackerVolley)

The World war II veteran from 1950: 1 (koopa3144)

Tie(incon):

Last edited:
Soldier is stronger more mobile and has better range as well as slightly superior weaponry.

Demoman is leagues smarter, more strategic. Has shown better use of the environment, has some mobility meaning he wouldn’t be a sitting duck even if soldier holds the movement advantage. Tavish also has things like the pirate gun which could push back and throw off soldier.

Voting Demo

Counted, Demo also has his shields that give him a **** ton of mobility with them, beingh able to cross entire maps with It

I think yall are underselling Soldier here, he has 8-C weapons, regen, and his shotgun can one shot Demoman at close range.
Both have ways to one shot or do heavy damage to the other but Demo is a better strategist, has more variety, is more accurate and has the shields that can give him a boost to dodge more attacks.

Both have ways to one shot or do heavy damage to the other but Demo is a better strategist, has more variety, is more accurate and has the shields that can give him a boost to dodge more attacks.
While I agree that Demo is a better strategist I don't think he has more variety. Demo only has explosive weapons which Soldier can react to while Soldier can make use of both his Rocket Launcher and shotguns, the latter bullets being something that Demo can't react to and also something he gets one shot by. Soldier can also make use of rocket jumping which he can use to get the jump on Demo. It is also important to note that Demo is probably gonna be drunk which will hinder both his aim and thinking abilities.

Soldier can also make use of rocket jumping which he can use to get the jump on Demo. It is also important to note that Demo is probably gonna be drunk which will hinder both his aim and thinking abilities.
2 things

-Demo is always drunk and this never makes his aim and abilities worse

-Demo also has shild surfing with his shild dashes and hhis shields also make him more resistent

I'm voting for Soldier btw. He only needs one shot from the Cow Mangler 5000 or Bison to kill Demo and rocket jumping is a better then both sticky jumping and charging in terms of mobility.

I'm gonna restate my points for soldier
  1. He has 8-C weapons which can one shot demo.
  2. He has Mid-low regn with will help him to survive demos explosives.
  3. his shotgun can one shot Demoman at close range.
  4. Demo cant react to the bullets from soldiers shotgun while he can react to all of Demos explosives
  5. Demo is probably gonna be drunk which will hinder both his thinking abilities.

Tavish FRA

I'm gonna restate my points for soldier
  1. He has 8-C weapons which can one shot demo.
  2. He has Mid-low regn with will help him to survive demos explosives.
  3. his shotgun can one shot Demoman at close range.
  4. Demo cant react to the bullets from soldiers shotgun while he can react to all of Demos explosives
  5. Demo is probably gonna be drunk which will hinder both his thinking abilities.
The Cow Mangler's charge shot is slow and too reactable to use in a 1v1 setting.
The Concherer can be useful in general, but also kinda slow.
I don't have an argument about the shotgun outside of that not being the case in game.
...I guess?
Tavish is always drunk. And is still capable of making traps while drinking as seen with Meet the Demo.

Also, I would argue that charging and sticky jumping is far more flexible than shield jumping considering that they're on Dustbowl, which has a lot more tight corridors with ceilings.

Also, the only reason why the entire verse isn't completely 8-C is because of people opposing how it shouldn't scale to all the weapons despite the fact that disintegration isn't even exclusive to the sci-fi prop weapons and stuff like the Neon Annihilator take multiple non-crit strikes to kill people.

Back