• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medic(TF2) vs Necromancer(TABS) (7-0-0) (GRACE!!!)

After a failed experiment by the engineer, the Red Medic was teleported to a Hallowen-themed floating island. A blue necromancer saw the red on the Doctor's clothes and didn't like it at all and went straight to the fight.
  • The fight takes place on the Spooky 1 map
  • Speed Equalized
  • Default Medic is used

Medic: 7 (Peppersalt43, Knifeman29, Armerish, Popted2, Sonicflare9, TauanVictor, Oleggator)

Necromancer:

Merasmus(incon):​

Last edited:
Necromancer has an ap advantage soul manip and corruption. The moment the fight starts medic gets turned into a skeleton
the medic needs to be hit by the necromancer's projectiles for this to happen(which are not that fast and very predictable due to the low intelligence of necromance), and the medic is much smarter in combat than the necromancer and has better ranged attack options

By better long range options I mean attack speed, no range, the Necromancer's flashlight is not spamable, unlike the medic's ranged weapons which are much more spamable.

Necromancer has an ap advantage soul manip and corruption. The moment the fight starts medic gets turned into a skeleton
Medic has soul manip himself so he probably knows how to deal with that and Necromancer's necromancy requires him to kill something first. Here's how it works according to memory

He shoots projectiles that apply a status effect to a unit for a certain period of time. When said unit dies while still having the status effect, they turn into a skeleton. In other words, his corruption and fear manip isn't combat applicable in 1v1

Also this is the first time I've seen a TF2 merc get stomped by a 9-B instead of the other way around

He shoots projectiles that apply a status effect to a unit for a certain period of time. When said unit dies while still having the status effect, they turn into a skeleton. In other words, his corruption and fear manip isn't combat applicable in 1v1
you are partially right, after the projectile hits the target, it will start taking damage for a certain period of time, but the "necromancy" effect never leaves the target after it is hit

fear manipulation is not applicable in 1v1, however corruption is a way to defeat opponents who have a problematic type of immortality, which is the case of the medic.

You know what, I think I'm just gonna state my reasoning. I think Medic can win. His soul manip while not applicable in combat means that he'll know when it's happening to him (He kinda needs those souls to stay away from hell). If I'm not wrong he also does not go for CqC in-character and if he does get knocked back by Necromancer's gravestone wall, he won't try it again (Bonus points since he won't be able to use his 0.001 ton striking strength to his advantage).

Necromancer's Projectiles and movement are sort of predictable so Medic should be able to dodge and attack pretty well. The two best weapons he can have is either Blutsauger or Overdose. The former is under the assumption that gravestone wall doesn't one-shot him. In that case, increased regen would be good for recovering from that attack. The latter is for dodging said predictable projectiles

You know what, I think I'm just gonna state my reasoning. I think Medic can win. His soul manip while not applicable in combat means that he'll know when it's happening to him (He kinda needs those souls to stay away from hell). If I'm not wrong he also does not go for CqC in-character and if he does get knocked back by Necromancer's gravestone wall, he won't try it again (Bonus points since he won't be able to use his 0.001 ton striking strength to his advantage).

Necromancer's Projectiles and movement are sort of predictable so Medic should be able to dodge and attack pretty well. The two best weapons he can have is either Blutsauger or Overdose. The former is under the assumption that gravestone wall doesn't one-shot him. In that case, increased regen would be good for recovering from that attack. The latter is for dodging said predictable projectiles
finally someone who thinks this is a fair fight, vote counted

I would also like to mention that the Necromancer fires 4 projectiles per attack, so if you consider getting hit once = having only one corrupted soul, the doctor would only have to be hit twice (7 souls, 4 projectiles)

there's a chance that it only corrupts one soul at a time though instead of effecting a different one each projectile
If we consider like this, just the effect that the projectiles would cause corruption, correct? ok, so the medic is hit once, the extra damage that the effect causes starts

1 second: a soul
2 second: two souls
three seconds: three souls
seven seconds: seven souls

finally someone who thinks this is a fair fight, vote counted

I would also like to mention that the Necromancer fires 4 projectiles per attack, so if you consider getting hit once = having only one corrupted soul, the doctor would only have to be hit twice (7 souls, 4 projectiles)
Something to note is that the corruption is to counteract medic's immortality since his regen should be able to slightly counteract the health drain from the status effect. Also Necromancer's reload is painfully long. Medic should be able to gun him down even with Stock Syringe gun and after being hit.

Something to note is that the corruption is to counteract medic's immortality since his regen should be able to slightly counteract the health drain from the status effect. Also Necromancer's reload is painfully long. Medic should be able to gun him down even with Stock Syringe gun and after being hit.
the necromancer reload is not that long... one second, I'll see how long it is

4 seconds(The reload starts as soon as he starts shooting, he fires twice, each shot fires two projectiles, the reload is in 3 seconds when he finishes attacking)

Back