• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just letting everyone know about a couple additional edits I made to Raven's page, with proper evidence given here for the validity of those edits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just letting everyone know that I made a couple more edits to Raven's page:

I added Energy Projection, Portal Creation, and Explosion Manipulation to her list of powers. It is undisputable that she these powers, by the examples I give below:

Her use of portal-creation is shown to work separately from her use of teleportation; For her portal creation, she creates a circular portal of dark-energy which her and others can cleary walk/step through in order to travel to another location, which is different from her teleportation ability.

The energy-projection ability is a further extension of her Darkness Manipulation which she exhibits several times, most notably against Malchior, and later against Trigon in her White Raven form. She is clearly shown to sometimes use her dark-energy in a similar way to energy-projection users in other series where this power is common (eg. Dragon Ball); it's not just the manipulation of darkness, but the creation of actual energy-blasts/beams (which sometimes look and act like lightning, but don't seem to be true Electricity Manipulation): Raven vs Malchior

For Explosion Manipulation, you can see her use it here, against a Trigon-Empowered Slade: Raven vs Slade, 114 second mark You can clearly see that where Slade is standing, there is no flammable material in his vicinity; when Raven's soul-self hits him, it creates a large fiery explosion.

I hope no one has a problem with this. It seems pretty clear-cut to me based on the evidence.

Note: She's also exhibited Fire Manipulation on at least one occasion, when she lit a bunch of candles with a wave of her hand, but she has never shown it to be combat-applicable.

Well, I suppose that this probably seems fine, but in the future, please get permission first,

Antvasima said:
Well, I suppose that this probably seems fine, but in the future, please get permission first,
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure about the exactly policies on this. Thank you for saying it's fine, though. I figured it would be, since I was able to give very concrete evidence for all the additions I made, including actual video-clips.

On second thought, let's wait a moment. You should insert brief parenthesis explanations beside the new powers in question, preferably while linking to the evidence. You should insert it into the character profile page that is.

Antvasima said:
On second thought, let's wait a moment. You should insert brief parenthesis explanations beside the new powers in question, preferably while linking to the evidence. You should insert it into the character profile page that is.
I am literally about to go to bed right this very moment, so I'm gonna leave this open on my laptop and get to it the first chance I get tomorrow, alright? Thanks for the suggestion! I agree with you that this is a good idea. The Explosion Manipulation and Energy Projection powers could definitely use an explanation next to them, especially the former.

Although do you think the Portal Creation power, at least, can be left without an explanation? I say this because she uses that power in like, at least every third or fourth episode throughout the entire course of the series, lol. Pretty much anyone who has watched the series can attest to the fact that she creates portals all the time, and that power doesn't really need an explanation XD She actually uses portals more often than she uses teleportation, and teleportation was already in her list of powers without any explanation given.

Antvasima said:
Okay. That seems fine.
Okay thanks! I'm also going to add "of both herself and others" as a note in parentheses next to "teleportation" in her power-list, as she has shown many times in the series that she can envelope both herself, as well as other people, in her Soul-Self and use it to teleport them. While she never actually uses this or her portals to BFR people, it's clear that she can, and the reason she doesn't is because the Titans' goal is to catch and imprison the people they fight, not just remove them from the battlefield to a different location.

Does this sound okay to you? If not, you can feel free to revert that particular change, or ask me to do so. Or if you feel I should elaborate further as to the actual mechanics of how the teleportation works, I can do so.

I am currently about to cook lunch, but will work on all these edits once I have done so!

Edit: I have finished the changes/edits to her profile now. Let me know what you think, Antvasima! If you find yourself agreeing with the changes, then you can go ahead and close this thread. If not, then let me know about anything you think I should make further changes or clarifications to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back