• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A different trans for this says handle everything at that speed. Guessing this one is from the volume release though.
a500d9303225838b52533492f9068279.png

This is the volume release but i would take everything John Werry translates with a massive grain of salt. This is the guy who brought us this:

ac9fb-16823300639509-1920.jpg

Thats a nice statement but Hig says usually and Sukuna can wield his ct so that doesn't apply here.
Here Sukuna also states his CE output is low.
Also what should we consider Kenjaku blackhole feat another Outlier? Then Sukuna dodging electro magnetic waves. Another Outlier?
No it's not some outlier. Things can't just be outliers cause it doesn't conform to the scaling in its entirety, not when it involves big characters like Yuji and Yuta.
Ok 👌.

It's a problem because you're ignoring blatant scaling ramifications just because. And those ramifications are pretty damn important in this case, as you have Maki simultaneously scaling to both Mach 3 and Mach 900
Maki currently doesn't even scale to Mach 3, Clover. She scales to Subsonic+, we're not going to scale her to anything with this thread at the moment. She isn't a part of the scaling for this thread. Hence why she isn't included in the OP. Hence why I'm not trying to push to scale her to this calc. We have a clear scaling that doesn't need Maki for it right now.

Gojo is the fastest, 15Sukuna can intercept Gojo, Hakari performs the feat, Kashimo fights Hakari, Yuki should be above Hakari as a special grade sorcerer who relies on her physicals, Kenjaku can throw hands with Yuki, maybe Choso whose had an awakening and is now able to access new abilities can also scale cause he was in that fight.

These characters can sit in their own bubble in scaling, because they don't interact with the rest of the cast. 15F Sukuna that was able to block Gojo is defintely above the one that went against Maki and Yuji (to what degree, we don't fully have figured out yet and we don't have to have it fully figured out in order for this thread to go through).

Here Sukuna also states his CE output is low.
Also what should we consider Kenjaku blackhole feat another Outlier? Then Sukuna dodging electro magnetic waves. Another Outlier?
This is in reference to his ct, after he just went and used his ct on Yuji to try and kill him. Next chapter then opens up with Sukuna talking about his ct.
Kenjaku isn't reacting to a black hole, idek what that means. He's simply resisting the pull of one. And yeah Sukuna's feat is probably the funniest scaling I've ever seen, the guy went and got hit by a soundwave just a couple pages before that then can dodge emw up close?

I like how JJK fans will go with the highest feat for the scaling and ignore very obvious anti feats and statements in the story. Sukuna dodging that shit might unironically be Gege's way of trolling his fans when it comes to speed scaling. 😭

Didn't bro get tagged by sound waves in the same fight?
Nah look at him he side stepped before it even hit him.
37344845_784_1145_212810.webp

Beside why ignore the fact Kashimo hit Sukuna before Firing that shot
37344750_784_1145_225240.webp

This is in reference to his ct, after he just went and used his ct on Yuji to try and kill him. Next chapter then opens up with Sukuna talking about his ct.
Kenjaku isn't reacting to a black hole, idek what that means. He's simply resisting the pull of one.
Laser said it will be Relativistic speed well. I will let him cook on that.
And yeah Sukuna's feat is probably the funniest scaling I've ever seen, the guy went and got hit by a soundwave just a couple pages before that then can dodge emw up close?
As far as I see He didn't got hit check the above scans when the smoke is clear dude was clearly out of the way. He just says that was loud we don't see any damage from him.

Maki is not comparable to curse Naoya in speed. She is inferior. Naoya pre curse was faster than Yuji. You now trying to put Yuji above Cursed Womb Naoya when base Naoya was superior is just saying "I don't care about the past 4 arcs. They scale to Mach 3"

Huh... that Yuji was still recovering from Shibuya, according to Choso + the Yuji that fought 15f sukuna was much stronger

Nah look at him he side stepped before it even hit him.
Ur joking right? He got hit by that shit plain and simple. That lil side step, he should've been half way across Tokyo if he's really ftl, hell he should've been to the moon and back two times over
As far as I see He didn't got hit check the above scans when the smoke is clear dude was clearly out of the way. He just says that was loud we don't see any damage from him.
What could this possibly be?
KAviogq.png

Sukuna says his CE Output is fluctuating in the next chapter as he is checking up on himself, he then says Megumi resists him and drops CE output when harming allies (alt translation says the rejection is stronger). Fluctuation means something is irregularly dropping and rising, dropping means it's only going down which means Sukuna's idle CE output is anywhere from >10% to 100% while it is directly dropping down to that lower proportion when harming Megumi's allies.

Everyone please, unless it's to either go against the scaling to the Hakari calc or for it, please just drop it. This thread is already long enough and since I'm forseeing the involvement of more staff in this, all that's happening is further lengthening it and killing the thread in total

Sukuna says his CE Output is fluctuating in the next chapter as he is checking up on himself, he then says Megumi resists him and drops CE output when harming allies (alt translation says the rejection is stronger). Fluctuation means something is irregularly dropping and rising, dropping means it's only going down which means Sukuna's idle CE output is anywhere from >10% to 100% while it is directly dropping down to that lower proportion when harming Megumi's allies.
Dude the context of this is Sukuna just tried killing Yuji with his ct, he couldn't, says his ce output is dropping. This is about ct not physicals and even says his movements are fine. Your alt trans is him stating it in reference to his cursed technique not overall.

And KT already brought up how either way this doesn't work in the scaling, you still end up with them being higher in speed than what's consistent.

Ur joking right? He got hit by that shit plain and simple. That lil side step, he should've been half way across Tokyo if he's really ftl, hell he should've been to the moon and back two times over

What could this possibly be?
KAviogq.png
Combat speed ≠ Travel speed bruh. Also Sorry to say this I don't see it clearly in the panel you Sent because of dust piling up and I really can't distinguish between Sukuna and dust from the sound waves.
So I will either take it as he dodged it. That was dust in that panel.
Also you see how dumb it would be for already above mach 3 character to getting tagged by Subsonic attacks? Either he dodged it or he didn't wanted to Dodge it because he might have felt that was harmless. Or he couldn't evade it because Kashimo punching him and making him disoriented.

Here we have Sukuna casually chanting faster than Electro magnetic waves reaching him and slashing it through Dismantle. This is second time he reacted faster than Electro magnetic waves in the same fight
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_236_i_005.png
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_236_i_006.png

Kenjaku isn't reacting to a black hole, idek what that means. He's simply resisting the pull of one.
It would require relativistic reactions to react to a Black Hole being spawned in front of your face. Kenjaku plants his feat on the ground in response to a Black Hole being planted in front of him. Black Holes pull things in like Planet into them at Relativistic speeds (Until they reach the event horizon, which then starts accelerating them at lightspeed), let alone a far lighter thing like Kenjaku. In order to both attempt resisting its pull and activate his anti-gravity technique would require he reacts to the stimuli at relativistic speeds since if he were only reacting at subsonic-supersonic speeds, he'd have gotten pulled in without having any chance to react and died there.
guy went and got hit by a soundwave just a couple pages before that then can dodge emw up close?
One thing I noticed people don't mention is that soundwaves don't have a constant speed... its speed changes based on temperature, medium/material, etc. that can make its speed change drastically. For instance, sound moving through diamond can move over 30x faster than through air. And even in air its speed can vary. The fact it's stated that Kashimo "Optimizes and tunes soundwaves to match the natural frequencies of materials" imo means it likely moves at speeds greater than sound moving through air at ground level.
I like how JJK fans will go with the highest feat for the scaling and ignore very obvious anti feats and statements in the story. Sukuna dodging that shit might unironically be Gege's way of trolling his fans when it comes to speed scaling. 😭
The highest? I would get it if it were one outlier feat, but JJK has a LOT of feats far above said anti-feat capped statements that makes the anti-feats seem like outliers in and of itself. I feel this statement could be unironically reversed and make more sense.

"I like how JJK fans will go with the lowest showing/statements and ignore the numerous very obvious feats that outnumber the anti-feat 10 to 1"

The statement was obviously exaggerated, but you get the idea. Gege trying to place a limit was probably one of the biggest mistakes he made. He has subsonic characters getting blitzed by subsonic speeds which makes 0 sense. How you gonna get perception blitzed by someone less less than 2x faster than you 😭

Combat speed ≠ Travel speed bruh. Also Sorry to say this I don't see it clearly in the panel you Sent because of dust piling up and I really can't distinguish between Sukuna and dust from the sound waves.
So I will either take it as he dodged it. That was dust in that panel.
Also you see how dumb it would be for already above mach 3 character to getting tagged by Subsonic attacks? Either he dodged it or he didn't wanted to Dodge it because he might have felt that was harmless. Or he couldn't evade it because Kashimo punching him and making him disoriented.

Here we have Sukuna casually chanting faster than Electro magnetic waves reaching him and slashing it through Dismantle. This is second time he reacted faster than Electro magnetic waves in the same fight
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_236_i_005.png
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_236_i_006.png
We've seen Sukuna travel across Shibuya for of hundreds meters in a matter of microseconds, not saying he'd have done this here as well but that side step does not imply his speed is mach 900+, it implies his speed actually is relative to sound.

So in essence, the opposition's arguments against using Hakari's calc are that people who should be comparable to him don't scale anywhere close to that speed. Yuta considers the post-Shibuya Yuji that was blitzed by Naoya (Supersonic cap) to be fast and Yuji is capable of evading him throughout their fight, even surprising Yuta and making him admit that the fight was never going to be easy until Yuta summons Rika to hold him still.
Fully Realized Maki's awakening was about enhancing her senses to be on Toji's level not about increasing her speed and she stills lags behind Curse Naoya's travel speed (Yuji and Maki's speeds are comparable to one another as they both travel to Sukuna together right after she asks if she can speed up) furthermore, when Maki does tag Curse Naoya, he's not moving at his top speed of Mach 3 as he had just began to accelerate again after stopping.

Seeing as Uraume's scaling puts them below Piercing Blood's top speed (Supersonic) and Jackpot Hakari is gonna fight them, if Uraume ends up being comparable to Hakari then that's another point too.

One thing I noticed people don't mention is that soundwaves don't have a constant speed... its speed changes based on temperature, medium/material, etc. that can make its speed change drastically. For instance, sound moving through diamond can move over 30x faster than through air. And even in air its speed can vary. The fact it's stated that Kashimo "Optimizes and tunes soundwaves to match the natural frequencies of materials" imo means it likely moves at speeds greater than sound moving through air at ground level.
The sound here is moving through air though so this does not matter unless Kashimo shot his sound through diamond or something else. And if you can show us sound moving through air at ls or ftl speeds then you'd have a better argument for the consistency but as of now sos in air does not reach that.

It would require relativistic reactions to react to a Black Hole being spawned in front of your face. Kenjaku plants his feat on the ground in response to a Black Hole being planted in front of him. Black Holes pull things in like Planet into them at Relativistic speeds (Until they reach the event horizon, which then starts accelerating them at lightspeed), let alone a far lighter thing like Kenjaku. In order to both attempt resisting its pull and activate his anti-gravity technique would require he reacts to the stimuli at relativistic speeds since if he were only reacting at subsonic-supersonic speeds, he'd have gotten pulled in without having any chance to react and died there.
This is all fine if it's consistent. It's not though, rel just isn't real in the verse.

The highest? I would get it if it were one outlier feat, but JJK has a LOT of feats far above said anti-feat capped statements that makes the anti-feats seem like outliers in and of itself. I feel this statement could be unironically reversed and make more sense.

"I like how JJK fans will go with the lowest showing/statements and ignore the numerous very obvious feats that outnumber the anti-feat 10 to 1"

The statement was obviously exaggerated, but you get the idea. Gege trying to place a limit was probably one of the biggest mistakes he made. He has subsonic characters getting blitzed by subsonic speeds which makes 0 sense. How you gonna get perception blitzed by someone less less than 2x faster than you 😭
Not for the characters that we are scaling here. Excluding people like Sukuna and Gojo who at most have like 3 or 4 calcs for their speed being mhs or higher. The rest of the cast hasn't shown mhs feats, Hakari's feat is actually the only one we can show for speed being higher than the statements in the verse.

"Optimizes and tunes soundwaves to match the natural frequencies of materials"
Doesn't that just support Kashimo's sound wave being Mach 1

"Optimizes and tunes soundwaves to match the natural frequencies of materials" imo means it likely moves at speeds greater than sound moving through air at ground level.
Who's gonna tell him this doesn't actually mean anything and the extrapolation of it moving faster than sound moving through air is entirely conjectural

Okay fr though this isn't even the subject of the CRT so can we drop this point?

Doesn't that just support Kashimo's sound wave being Mach 1
Nah. It would mean he can change to match the natural frequencies of different materials. AKA alter a property that directly impacts the speed sound travels. I.e., he can alter a property of soundwaves to change the speed at which it travels.
Who's gonna tell him this doesn't actually mean anything and the extrapolation of it moving faster than sound moving through air is entirely conjectural

Okay fr though this isn't even the subject of the CRT so can we drop this point?
Huh, didn't take you as one to comment in a JJK CRT. I can drop it yeah, but you're entirely wrong about it meaning nothing given natural frequencies directly affect how fast sound propagates.

Its not talking, its chanting which is an AP amp in this verse, its a legitimate battle technique and stated in the same chapter as one of the reasons why Sukuna is considered the greatest sorcerer ever.
You're using that as proof for the speed of sound in JJK being FTL and therefore providing more evidence for Sukuna having FTL reactions when we've got Gojo spouting out a whole mantra while Sukuna (who is comparable to him) can't do anything pretty standard talking is a free action.
Don't even get me started on Sukuna using Piercing Blood 💀

You're using that as proof for the speed of sound in JJK being FTL and therefore providing more evidence for Sukuna having FTL reactions when we've got Gojo spouting out a whole mantra while Sukuna (who is comparable to him) can't do anything pretty standard talking is a free action.
To be fair, speaking is generally relative in speed to the user. It's why FTL characters can hear eachother. In most cases, the movement to move ones mouth to formulate a sentence is less distance than someone could cross to hit you. So not being able to dodge something you can talk about is feasible granted it's not centimeters away from you. So Gojo being able to say that much before Sukuna could reach him is feasible. Albeit to me, it didn't look like he even tried to stop him. It looked like he was just sitting there onlooking as Gojo said it.

Its not talking, its chanting which is an AP amp in this verse, its a legitimate battle technique and stated in the same chapter as one of the reasons why Sukuna is considered the greatest sorcerer ever.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/jjk_236_i_002.png
What TF that has anything to do here 😭.
Also Kashimo fired electro magnetic waves not sound waves in your scans @YeahhBoyee sound waves comes from his mouth electro magnetic waves from his hands. Check chapter 236 for reference.

Huh??? All i said is "sound waves can clearly travel faster than sound". Gojo chanting was integral to Blue not being destroyed by Piercing Blood. It states it right there in the page you linked, i don't know why you're trying to compare it to normal dialogue.

Nah. It would mean he can change to match the natural frequencies of different materials. AKA alter a property that directly impacts the speed sound travels. I.e., he can alter a property of soundwaves to change the speed at which it travels.
The fastest theoretical speed for sound is 36 km/s which is still x8328 slower than light

To be fair, speaking is generally relative in speed to the user. It's why FTL characters can hear eachother. In most cases, the movement to move ones mouth to formulate a sentence is less distance than someone could cross to hit you. So not being able to dodge something you can talk about is feasible granted it's not centimeters away from you. So Gojo being able to say that much before Sukuna could reach him is feasible. Albeit to me, it didn't look like he even tried to stop him. It looked like he was just sitting there onlooking as Gojo said it.

I think Sukuna hadn't fully dismantled Infinity yet so he couldn't have done anything to Gojo. He had just gotten the model from Mahoraga's second adaptation, but couldn't use his space cleave yet as he claimed it was a near impossible model to pull off, and Mahoraga was too busy following his last order so it also couldn't attack Gojo.

Huh??? All i said is "sound waves can clearly travel faster than sound". Gojo chanting was integral to Blue not being destroyed by Piercing Blood. It states it right there in the page you linked, i don't know why you're trying to compare it to normal dialogue.
Gojo has 4 more dialogue bubbles after that, Yuta says 2 lines to Kusakabe and Gojo says Purple while Sukuna does nothing to escape it, this is literally talking being a free action unless you're saying Yuta is talking to Kusakabe at FTL speeds and Sukuna was hit by paralysis inducement

Gojo has 4 more dialogue bubbles after that, Yuta says 2 lines to Kusakabe and Gojo says Purple while Sukuna does nothing to escape it, this is literally talking being a free action unless you're saying Yuta is talking to Kusakabe at FTL speeds and Sukuna was hit by paralysis inducement

Ok so? How does "Talking being a free action" mean that talking is the same as chanting. Gege literally states "There is no bigger advantage to a sorcerer than having two arms and two mouths." Gojo was able to get Hollow Purple to 200% power by chanting and dancing. If you pay attention to the two points in the fight where chanting is used, you will see that chanting is a very essential technique and cannot be equated to basic dialogue, its a combat technique in the jjk verse.

Ok so? How does "Talking being a free action" mean that talking is the same as chanting. Gege literally states "There is no bigger advantage to a sorcerer than having two arms and two mouths." Gojo was able to get Hollow Purple to 200% power by chanting and dancing. If you pay attention to the two points in the fight where chanting is used, you will see that chanting is a very essential technique and cannot be equated to basic dialogue, its a combat technique in the jjk verse.
Both Drop this topic it has no use for this thread.

Ok this shit’s getting way the **** out of hand.

LET’S MOVE BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.

Please let’s not discuss things like Sukuna being FTL or Kenjaku being relativistic, the purpose of this CRT is for Hakari and those who scale being MHS.

Not talking about JJK being FTL or relativistic or whatever, I know I don’t have pinging power but @Damage3245 and @KingTempest have expressed that their is some type of problem scaling wise regarding this feat, I believe three other staff members approved of this CRT, @Duedate8898 @DarkDragonMedeus and @Dereck03

Other staff like @CloverDragon03 have also voiced there is a scaling problem regarding this CRT, but the official vote count seems still too contentions to reach a conclusion yet.

Can we please move this CRT along instead of dragging it out for 10+ pages filled with unnecessary chatter, thank you.

The fastest theoretical speed for sound is 36 km/s which is still x8328 slower than light
Which is fine. I wasn't arguing for FTL stuff here since it's unrelated to the CRT at hand. I was saying that it isn't simply a soundwave moving at 343 m/s. Sukuna being hit by smith moving at 36 km/s makes far more sense than him being slower than Sound or something even though he scales to Gojo who's explicitly faster than a sorcerer who can reach Supersonic speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back