• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Authors says they are below transonic, we have calcs that places them multiple times above speed of sound.
Made this thread and we decided to go with the authors plot so we need to remove any calc above transonic, before maki's reawakening
I might be stupid but in that case, wouldnt top tier character ( whoever > maki and considerbly scale to hakari) scales to straight up lightning speed since we ignored the calcs?
*btw about the naobito being the fastest and such
PROJECTION SORCERY (投射呪法 - tōsha juhō) Naobito divides 1 second into 24 frames and freezes his field of view for 1 second, which allows him to produce movements in advance. If the opponent does not follow the 1/24 rule and doesn‘t abide by the laws of nature, they get frozen. So if Naobito succeeds in performing the predetermined set of movements, it feels as if only a second has passed. Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer. After the set of movements is determined, Naobito produces his movements in advance, the same way an animation would. It allows him to trace these movements earlier, and at high speeds.
" Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer"
*from the translated fanbook : https://docs.google.com/document/d/...2VAC_wdZNns4xnx_T4jCMXNPZf_60EC1HmrP7q9sWtYo#

Last edited:
I might be stupid but in that case, wouldnt top tier character ( whoever > maki and considerbly scale to hakari) scales to straight up lightning speed since we ignored the calcs?
*btw about the naobito being the fastest and such
PROJECTION SORCERY (投射呪法 - tōsha juhō) Naobito divides 1 second into 24 frames and freezes his field of view for 1 second, which allows him to produce movements in advance. If the opponent does not follow the 1/24 rule and doesn‘t abide by the laws of nature, they get frozen. So if Naobito succeeds in performing the predetermined set of movements, it feels as if only a second has passed. Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer. After the set of movements is determined, Naobito produces his movements in advance, the same way an animation would. It allows him to trace these movements earlier, and at high speeds.
" Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer"
*from the translated fanbook : https://docs.google.com/document/d/...2VAC_wdZNns4xnx_T4jCMXNPZf_60EC1HmrP7q9sWtYo#
What are you even asking?

A compilation of Speed calcs:
We just need to get them evaluated to properly apply the CRT and have something to scale the god-tiers

Last edited:
The Maki bullet feat has been discussed and across the threads and uses 60m/s riot gun speeds, which are is significantly slower than the rubber bullets used by her model gun and not accurate to use. It be like using nerf bullet speeds for an actual gun.

TBH for this speed rating to work the Maki bullet feat would need to be ignored completely.
I think this one might have been debunked in this thread at one point, not too sure.

Last edited:
It wont. Jogo’s slower. And it won’t scale to mid tiers at all.
Well he is outright stated to be superior than 2F Sukuna
j8U2sQu.jpg

We accept it as not being above the speed of sound after release. And if Naoya can dodge that shit, it's definitely not supersonic. Same with Yuji
You can dodge things and be slower I hope you know that

Plus they dodge it after it's much slower so it's probably far slower than sound after it's shot out

You can dodge things and be slower I hope you know that

Plus they dodge it after it's much slower so it's probably far slower than sound after it's shot out
I've done some angsizing for Yuji dodging Piercing Blood and got a distance of 5.65 meters, for Piercing Blood to slow down from Mach 1.1 to at least Mach 1, it would need a deceleration of 2,186.4 m/s^2

Last edited:
Either way he stated to be at least 8 fingers level, and there's no way that 8F sukuna isn't faster than his 2F counterpart.

It's said to exceed the speed of sound, not that it exceeds the speed of sound – this is what the panel says.
One is a claim or rumor that could be right or wrong and the other is a statement – a confirmed fact.

It has a subtle difference in their meanings

It's said to exceed the speed of sound, not that it exceeds the speed of sound – this is what the panel says.
One is a claim or rumor that could be right or wrong and the other is a statement – a confirmed fact.

It has a subtle difference in their meanings
The very next page shows it creating a sonic boom when it's fired

I don't believe it exceeds the speed of sound. The term has no definitive universal definition.
I can only think of two:
  • Sonic beam that travels through a medium and generates sound, then, by definition, it would not exceed the speed of sound in that medium.
  • Or “sonic” in a figurative way, which still depends on the details given (the panel does not indicate any that suffice us)
However, any physical wave or particle that generates sound in a medium cannot exceed the speed of sound in that medium.

I don't believe it exceeds the speed of sound. The term has no definitive universal definition.
I can only think of two:
  • Sonic beam that travels through a medium and generates sound, then, by definition, it would not exceed the speed of sound in that medium.
  • Or “sonic” in a figurative way, which still depends on the details given (the panel does not indicate any that suffice us)
Both wikipedia and oxford dictionary define a sonic boom as the noise produced by the shockwave of an object travelling faster than the speed of sound (and that's the definition I'm using when describing it as a sonic boom since the sonic boom of Piercing Blood isn't a statement, it's a feat). We can see Piercing Blood create a shockwave like an aircraft exceeding the Speed of Sound and there is a sound effect too. Coupled with the claim that Piercing Blood can exceed the Speed of Sound, all evidence points to Piercing Blood generating a sonic boom when fired.

Last edited:
First of all, you said “sonic beam” not sonic boom

Edit: I am stupid; I read the term wrong. I apologize - my bad.

Last edited:
I see, anyway the thing I was trying to bring up was Piercing Blood's deceleration, if Piercing Blood's initial velocity is Mach 1.1 then its deceleration would need to be extremely high to even slow down to Mach 1 after a few meters, even more for it to slow to Subsonic speeds.

Yuji comments on Piercing Blood slowing down after Choso has to change the trajectory and Yuji's able to dodge it far more easily that second time (as opposed to it skimming his face when he dodged the initial straight shot the first time). Yuji was also quite a distance from Choso when he was hit by Piercing Blood at the start of their fight yet still considered the attack fast and witnessed Choso try to redirect the attack that time too, it also makes little sense for Choso to keep such a distance from Yuji to hit him with Piercing Blood if the attack slows down so much that dodging it becomes significantly easier. Kenjaku comments similarly about it's initial velocity is its fastest speed and how if you avoid it once then it's not very threatening. This points to Piercing Blood becoming more slower if Choso tries to redirect it after the target has dodged to the point that someone who is capable of dodging the initial shot is capable of dodging the next attack more easily.

My conclusion is that Piercing Blood's top speed is at least Mach 1.1 from the point it is fired and then it slows down the further it travels, but even moreso if Choso has to redirect it so the slowdown for redirecting it is more significant than the attack simply travelling down a straight line, if the initial fire is Mach 1.1 then the speed at the point of contact shouldn't be that much more below it to the point that it's as low as Subsonic speed.

EDIT: you can also see the sonic boom closer to Uraume here and they also comment on its speed despite Choso firing it from several meters away, and if the slowdown of Piercing Blood is so significant then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Choso to be firing it from the distances he does

Last edited:
tumblr_6dc9681575bf20b4b23cffa2c7c5dfb5_c95a0ce3_640.png

自数」で血際を圧縮 し、音速をも超える 速度で放つ 「野目」 など、様々な血液操 作を紹み合わせ、 無 数の技を作り出す。

The Convergence, which compresses the blood with the Piercing Blood and shoots it at speeds exceeding the speed of sound, and various other blood manipulations are combined to create countless other techniques.

Last edited:
If it does exceed or doesnt is irrelevant to scaling. The characters who have reacted will still be rated as subsonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back