• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fd is the drag force (units of Newton or lbf)

row.tiff
is the density of the fluid (kg/m3 or lbm/ft3)

v is the velocity of the object (m/s or ft/s)

Cd is the drag coefficient (dimensionless)

A is the cross sectional area of the projectile (m2 or ft2)

Since F=ma we can divide the drag force by the arrow mass (kg or lbm) to get the drag deceleration of the arrow (d)
where d is used instead of a to differentiate between acceleration from the bow and deceleration due to drag (d has units of m/s2 or ft/s2).

So was this ever calculated?

Mind anyone explains why this thread got 9 pages? I am a bit confused. This thread is created since 2022, and it is still not concluded.

People arguing over who scales to Supersonic and lots of calcs being invalid since so many reaction calcs would use the distance between the character and projectile right before they react then divide the distance by the speed of the projectile to get a timeframe to calculate the speed of the reaction

For 9 pages? I mean from that date till now, there are many new manga panels with new speed feats. It's hard to follow or even conclude it.

For 9 pages? I mean from that date till now, there are many new manga panels with new speed feats. It's hard to follow or even conclude it.
The downgrade is for characters pre-Culling Game who are Hypersonic since Curse Spirit Naoya had a speed of Mach 3 that blitzed Awakened Maki and Supersonic Speed was treated as an impressively fast speed in the Shibuya Incident/Perfect Preparation Arc

The downgrade is for characters pre-Culling Game who are Hypersonic since Curse Spirit Naoya had a speed of Mach 3 that blitzed Awakened Maki and Supersonic Speed was treated as an impressively fast speed in the Shibuya Incident/Perfect Preparation Arc
And till now there is no conclusion or solution?

Why is it extended till 9 pages? It's hardly to even follow anything.

Why? so even the likes of Naobito can't move at supersonic speed?
Yeah. Did you think these characters were supersonic? Naobito can get a likely transonic at top speed but it's something he's never done and doesnt seem to fight that way.

I see, anyway the thing I was trying to bring up was Piercing Blood's deceleration, if Piercing Blood's initial velocity is Mach 1.1 then its deceleration would need to be extremely high to even slow down to Mach 1 after a few meters, even more for it to slow to Subsonic speeds.

Yuji comments on Piercing Blood slowing down after Choso has to change the trajectory and Yuji's able to dodge it far more easily that second time (as opposed to it skimming his face when he dodged the initial straight shot the first time). Yuji was also quite a distance from Choso when he was hit by Piercing Blood at the start of their fight and witnessed Choso try to redirect the attack that time too, it also makes little sense for Choso to keep such a distance from Yuji to hit him with Piercing Blood if the attack's deceleration is so high that dodging it becomes significantly easier. Kenjaku comments similarly about it's initial velocity is its fastest speed and how if you avoid it once then it's not very threatening. This points to Piercing Blood becoming more slower if Choso tries to redirect it after the target has dodged to the point that someone who is capable of dodging the initial shot is capable of dodging the next attack more easily.

My conclusion is that Piercing Blood's top speed is at least Mach 1.1 from the point it is fired and then it slows down the further it travels, but even moreso if Choso has to redirect it so the slowdown for redirecting it is more significant than the attack simply travelling down a straight line, if the initial fire is Mach 1.1 then the speed at the point of contact shouldn't be that much more below it to the point that it's as low as Subsonic speed.
Stop saying it's a few meters
Cause it's not
That shit is not a few meters

welcome to JJK on the wiki, tons of pointless arguments, misinterpretations of speed scaling, and a lack of mods for evaluating crts
I won't really blame moderators for not evaluating a messed up 9 pages thread.

May i know why? Naobito is supposedly faster than Human Naoya who can and confident in dodging Piercing Blood.
Naobito is known as the fastest, it isn't due to any stated speed he reaches, yet we have Naoya using the top speed of PS to reach beyond subsonic speed therefore the top speed for PS is transonic and this would be applied to Naobito's top speed as well so no Naobito isn't the fastest overall. And Naoya isn't confident because he's faster, he's confident cuz he knows how pb works and knows he can evade pb due to its charge up time.
0140-010.png

Stop saying it's a few meters
Cause it's not
That shit is not a few meters
Even if the distance was something like 12.4 meters, Piercing Blood would have to be decelerating at almost 1000m/s^2 to slow down to Mach 1 from Mach 1.1 and 4600m/s^2 to slow down to Subsonic levels (for reference, this is equal to a .45 APC fired from an M1911 hitting a wall and immediately stopping after 7 m)

Last edited:
Am I just bad at math? How would it need to decelerate almost 3x it's own speed to go from mach 1.1 to mach 1?
Because it would hypothetically be travelling across 12.4 meters, a distance that Supersonic speeds can cover in 0.032865 seconds

I hate when yall try to use math to counter the narrative

They say it's only fast when it's first shot out

So it's far slower after

Trying to justify it being not that slow cause of the needed massive drop in speed that's required is just dumb

So it's far slower after

Trying to justify it being not that slow cause of the needed massive drop in speed that's required is just dumb
Look the values still get us subsonic reactions. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:SunDaGamer/Yuji_dodges_Piercing_Blood
It's not reaching above any stated speeds. I think we can use this for scaling mid tiers if it's all fine

The -1000m/s^2 acceleration wasn't my leading and sole point, it was just something I noticed that caused me to look into the narrative more

So it's far slower after
Yuji says Piercing Blood is too fast after being hit by it while quite a distance away. Choso was several meters away from Uraume and they still commented on its speed. It also makes little sense for Choso to use an attack renowned for its speed from several meters away most of the time if said attack drastically slows at that distance.

Last edited:
Look the values still get us subsonic reactions. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:SunDaGamer/Yuji_dodges_Piercing_Blood
It's not reaching above any stated speeds. I think we can use this for scaling mid tiers if it's all fine
He used the value for its peak speed for the speed after it moved 7 meters.

The speed part of the calc is flat wrong.

It's fast when it first starts. You need a reason to use a specific speed for something explicitly stated to rapidly decelerate. Can't use its max speed

And it has Yuji moving an outlandish distance like his whole body rotating to dodge the blood when he got hit in his nose.

You (SunDaGamer) can't use that full body rotation distance when that's not the distance Yuji covered as it hit him, that's the distance he moved far after the blood hit him

At this point we should just re-do this thread with some updated accepted calculations since most of the once proposed here are outdated due to wiki changes.

No admin wants to read through 9 pages of arguments about semantics in order evaluate this CRT

Also I'd like to point out this calc which now fits in line with Jogo level characters and below being > Speed of sound

It'd be a nice starting point

Also I'd like to point out this calc which now fits in line with Jogo level characters and below being > Speed of sound
As mention before as well as in the original thread, this calc uses the speed of riot gun rubber rounds. Rounds that are not at all comparable to rubber rounds to standard fire arms. It would be like using a nerd bullets speed for a magnum.

Overall for the current scaling, we need to disregard Maki's bullet... and probably 70% of other feats too

At this point we should just re-do this thread with some updated accepted calculations since most of the once proposed here are outdated due to wiki changes.

No admin wants to read through 9 pages of arguments about semantics in order evaluate this CRT

It'd be a nice starting point
Send me the calcs and ill make thread for it

Jogo being rel to Naobito would stop any supersonic scaling to 2f Sukuna.
PROJECTION SORCERY (投射呪法 - tōsha juhō)

Naobito divides 1 second into 24 frames and freezes his field of view for 1 second, which allows him to produce movements in advance. If the opponent does not follow the 1/24 rule and doesn‘t abide by the laws of nature, they get frozen. So if Naobito succeeds in performing the predetermined set of movements, it feels as if only a second has passed.

Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer. After the set of movements is determined, Naobito produces his movements in advance, the same way an animation would. It allows him to trace these movements earlier, and at high speeds.
i thought anything naobito related speed was only because of the technique?

PROJECTION SORCERY (投射呪法 - tōsha juhō)

Naobito divides 1 second into 24 frames and freezes his field of view for 1 second, which allows him to produce movements in advance. If the opponent does not follow the 1/24 rule and doesn‘t abide by the laws of nature, they get frozen. So if Naobito succeeds in performing the predetermined set of movements, it feels as if only a second has passed.

Naobito practiced high speed combat with this technique and because of it became known as the fastest sorcerer. After the set of movements is determined, Naobito produces his movements in advance, the same way an animation would. It allows him to trace these movements earlier, and at high speeds.
i thought anything naobito related speed was only because of the technique?
Yeah we are talking about the speed. Whats ur point?

I am literally going around and about to read through the last 3 pages of this thread to get the valid calcs so far, I am just wondering why the thread is about the enter the 10th page?

Wasn't it decided in that thread that the rule didn't apply if one character was far superior to the other and it was simply showcasing the difference in strength?

Because that's absolutely the case in this instance
Its not the case here though. Yuji's just a better fighter, not above in speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back