• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its pretty blatant what Gege meant by "even he could deflect at that speed" Meant mach 3, any other assumption is just biased.

Makes sense for Toji to be that fast anyway, the way they still put Toji above themselves is indicative of his superiority

its pretty blatant what Gege meant by "even he could deflect at that speed" Meant mach 3, any other assumption is just biased.
Cut that out.
He's been moving at least Mach 1 for the whole fight. "At that speed" assuming to be his top speed when he's still accelerating is the biased standpoint.

Aim dodging

Chapter literally details Maki’s perceptions being tuned to the point where information only people on her level can be seen.

Not mach 3 attack
literally a call back illustrated for us and Naoaya even notes she dodges this speed mid air.
Just sad

Chapter literally details Maki’s perceptions being tuned to the point where information only people on her level can be seen.
Naoya's every move is being relayed to be by my surroundings
Even the air that surrounds us has different temperatures and densities. These "facets" are scattered everywhere. And that "facet" jus needs to be grasped!!
It's not just perception. Stop acting like it's just a regular speed and perception boost. She has advanced senses now.
literally a call back illustrated for us and Naoaya even notes she dodges this speed mid air.
Just sad
cause she can't fly mf, dodging in mid air is a crazy skill

Why are you assuming "even at that speed" to be the peak speed?
because thats shown in the image when referencing. Plus that speed is the benchmark speed of the fight, the whole thing is revolved around it.

Not only that but he also recoils into his shell, he only does that when going mach 3. Additionally, he wouldn't be freaking the **** out about her being fast enough to avoid and him supposed to be the fastest if he could still accelerate up to mach 3

It's not just perception. Stop acting like it's just a regular speed and perception boost. She has advanced senses now.

cause she can't fly mf, dodging in mid air is a crazy skill
What? This is her nee perception…so obviously it bow scales to her reaction and perception speed lmao. This is like arguing sasuke doesn't get more reactive when awakening his sharingan because be gets info analysis a top his natural senses. Legit bo clue the point you are trying to make. Noaya being tagged by okd sword dude twice despite pre awakening Maki being unable to tag him from point blank also highlights this.

uhm…yeah, that’s the point. She went from being blitzed at 100m to being capable of casually no look dodging him mid air.

you’re being crazy obtuse about this and I know you aren’t this dumb so stop being bias.

Yeah anyway, Gege's cleared up the speed scaling for Toji and Maki, they can be supersonic+, anyone lower is subsonic to maybe transonic mainly Naoya and Naobito and Jogo.

Yeah anyway, Gege's cleared up the speed scaling for Toji and Maki, they can be supersonic+, anyone lower is subsonic to maybe transonic mainly Naoya and Naobito and Jogo.
Uhhmmm Maki will need an actual speed feat of dodging Naoya, so far if she knows what naoya is doing, dodging him will be aim dodging

Uhhmmm Maki will need an actual speed feat of dodging Naoya, so far if she knows what naoya is doing, dodging him will be aim dodging
Uhhhhmmm, no. Learn what aim dodging is and what her actual enlightenment was before making statements like this please.

yeah no tempest. The narrative intent with the framing of the background panel is that he reaches that acceleration. he circles around multiple times while maki is evading him. When he first his mach 3, it didnt take long

What? She quite blatantly aimdodged by sensing his movements before he was even near her.
Bro that's not what aim dodging is. Aim dodging is explicitly timing the activation of an attack so that you can leave its trajectory before the attack is actually fired.

Maki literally dodges him mid air without a foothold, and before Naoya can even adjust (hence his surprise). It's so blatantly not an aim dodge that I really can't say much more than that. But feel free to call in staff.

Her power is just analytical prediction as he can see "facets" of information as such a crazy level. Means nothing if she is dodging still after the attack as been fired. See The sharingan from Naruto for an apt comparison.

yeah no tempest. The narrative intent with the framing of the background panel is that he reaches that acceleration. he circles around multiple times while maki is evading him. When he first his mach 3, it didnt take long
So he travels a much further distance than her in the same timeframes?

no not what i meant. shes dodging that entire time. i means hes building speed. the first time he went mach 3 he circled around alot to accelerate

dont think we need some calc just to get a higher rating or similar speed rating to him, Gege just wants her faster via being able to sense him now.

due to sensing which is still a speed feat and not some aim dodging bs.
Seeing a projectile coming at you at a straight-line and dodging it is still considered aim dodging

No. Once again, learn what aim dodging is. If I somehow right now gained the ability to see a bullets trajectory from 50m away, I still wouldn't be able to do anything if my reactions aren't on par. If someone shot that gun, I would die.
I know
You don't have to be as fast as the bullet, even if you are three times slower, you will still dodge it which is my point here.

Seeing a projectile coming at you at a straight-line and dodging it is still considered aim dodging
Nice ignoring the fact she jumped from a building to above Naoya and then punched him down all requiring her perception needing to see him to do all of this coordination. You're dragging this aim dodging shit when that's not even the scenario here.

The aim dodging argument is entirely irrelevant when we know she still dodges while he's practically right next to her without having moved in preparation prior

Nope

This is inherently narratively wrong, and Maki moved faster than Naobito (with bare minimum mach 3 reactions) from a compromised position, and still ended up behind him before he could reach her.

And that wasn't your point, you explicitly tried to manipulate page order to make it seem like she aim dodged.
Manipulate the page? How
She could see him coming and she kept dodging and could not tag her
The only notable speed feat here was the second to the last time, when she moved only when he was few meters away

https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-007.png
Why can't he catch her?
Honestly this entire aim-dodging premise falls very flat when Naoya outright states that
1. "I should be the one with overwhelming speed" (Insinuating that Maki's feats are in fact speed related)
2. "Why can't I catch you" (outright stating that he can't keep with Maki)

The Argument that she's "Aim Dodging" is built on Incredulity and Dishonesty, Naoya directly implies she has Overwhelming Speed compared to her.

Ge fails to tag her Multiple times, while Maki herself is casual and able to easily react and sense everyone one of his movements while she dodges him extremely easily mid air

I know
You don't have to be as fast as the bullet, even if you are three times slower, you will still dodge it which is my point here.
Huh? So technically can you now dodge the bullet, considering the fact you are not fast as a bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back