• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
to put a timeline to things, pre 197 maki has been mentally nerfed since re meeting naoya:

0192-004.png

which is confirmed in 196:

0196-010.png
0196-011.png

in 197 shes reached her peak

0196-018.png
https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-001.png

maki goes on to note Toji could have reacted to naoya going mach 3, reached further heights than her, swing etc, which means the mental nerf was impairing her physically as well

https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-010.png

Shes reached this level now.

https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-016.png

If it is 50M away, yes you can
Depending on the force of the bullet, you would not even be able to dodge a sniper from 100 m, trust me. Your reaction is literally slower.
How does it come, we give characters immeasurable speed if they can dodge a spear that transcends time and space.

6ce7e1dc30f55ff0c43e2cfd545b80a9.png

This is really unrealistic, what you are saying. You need to be fast as a bullet to be able to dodge it.

Depending on the force of the bullet, you would not even be able to dodge a sniper from 100 m, trust me. Your reaction is literally slower.
How does it come, we give characters immeasurable speed if they can dodge a spear that transcends time and space.

6ce7e1dc30f55ff0c43e2cfd545b80a9.png

This is really unrealistic, what you are saying. You need to be fast as a bullet to be able to dodge it.
You really should read my posts better, I literally said, if you are three times slower than a bullet then dodging it from 50M is no issue, I never said humans can dodge bullet

again i dont think the bullet point matters. my post above should show its also narratively fine for maki to be at accelerated naoya's level given her confirmation toji could react to the earlier mach 3 naoya and this chapter confirming that after removing her mental nerf shes reached his level

again i dont think the bullet point matters. my post above should show its also narratively fine for maki to be at accelerated naoya's level given her confirmation toji could react to the earlier mach 3 naoya and this chapter confirming that after removing her mental nerf shes reached his level
Naoya does indirectly straight up state Maki has Overwhelming speed from his perspective

You really should read my posts better, I literally said, if you are three times slower than a bullet then dodging it from 50M is no issue, I never said humans can dodge bullet
No? Where did you get that source from? No one can dodge a bullet that someone is slower than bullet speed 3 times?
HUH? If I am slower than bullet speed 3 times, I no where can dodge it?

No? Where did you get that source from? No one can dodge a bullet that someone is slower than bullet speed 3 times?
HUH? If I am slower than bullet speed 3 times, I no where can dodge it?
You can certainly dodge it if it is 50M away.

Same way you would dodge a stone throw, or same way humans can parry arrows.

A Glock is 375 m/s

375 / 3 = 125m/s.

So subsonic can react to transonic? I do agree but it's likely very bad reaction

You can certainly dodge it if it is 50M away.

Same way you would dodge a stone throw, or same way humans can parry arrows.
Yes, because that stone throw is by a human, it is possible to dodge it.

BUT A BULLET?

A Glock is 375 m/s

375 / 3 = 125m/s.

So subsonic can react to transonic? I do agree but it's likely very bad reaction
Yes if it is 50M away
Yes, because that stone throw is by a human, it is possible to dodge it.

BUT A BULLET?
A stone thrown by a human is likely to be three times faster than you are and you would still dodge it.

Also arrows point too

Yes if it is 50M away

A stone thrown by a human is likely to be three times faster than you are and you would still dodge it.

Also arrows point too
Alright, I will stop commenting. You are fully right. Can't disagree with you.
Sure, alright

Idk how Maki's dodging and how Gege's making it out to be it seems Maki is just faster. I'm sure her in Naoya's domain will show us just that too and this whole debate can go away.

You can be both and dodge it.

You can dodge a baseball pitch and be faster or slower.
You can dodge a car and be faster or slower.
You can dodge a bullet and be faster or slower.
Are we talking about travel speed? (running speed)?

Also, is that not the perception speed that you are referring to? If you mean that, then ya, I agree with you.
But reaction speed? (= dodging speed?)
The reaction speed of a character also tends to be higher than their movement speed.

I mean... yeah

All of em
Then to be able to dodge a bullet, you need to be faster. DUH?
No one can dodge a bullet if their reaction time is slower. I literally quoted it from the Speed section.
Reaction speed > movement speed.

Then to be able to dodge a bullet, you need to be faster. DUH?
No one can dodge a bullet if their reaction time is slower. I literally quoted it from the Speed section.
Reaction speed > movement speed.
Reaction speed of a person > movement speed of a person, not movement speed of what they're dodging.

A bullet can be 20 meters away moving at 343 m/s. 20 / 343 = 0.0583090379 seconds, Subsonic dodging a Supersonic item. You can move a meter away to dodge it, 1/20 * 343 = 17.15 m/s, Superhuman dodging bullets.

Your reactions are faster than your own movement because you need to react to your own movement. It's not automatically faster than what you're dodging.

to put a timeline to things, pre 197 maki has been mentally nerfed since re meeting naoya:

0192-004.png

which is confirmed in 196:

0196-010.png
0196-011.png

in 197 shes reached her peak

0196-018.png
https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-001.png

maki goes on to note Toji could have reacted to naoya going mach 3, reached further heights than her, swing etc, which means the mental nerf was impairing her physically as well

https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-010.png

Shes reached this level now.

https://temp.*********.com/manga/Jujutsu-Kaisen/0197-016.png
Bump

Reaction speed of a person > movement speed of a person, not movement speed of what they're dodging.
Agreed? Did not mean anything else
A bullet can be 20 meters away moving at 343 m/s. 20 / 343 = 0.0583090379 seconds, Subsonic dodging a Supersonic item. You can move a meter away to dodge it, 1/20 * 343 = 17.15 m/s, Superhuman dodging bullets.
Alr
Your reactions are faster than your own movement because you need to react to your own movement. It's not automatically faster than what you're dodging.
Is not dodging = perception speed? If yes, then you are right.

Is not dodging = perception speed? If yes, then you are right.
It's not. Perception speed is just the speed you can see stuff, dodging is different than what you can perceive.

You can perceive a jet moving at mach speeds, doesn't mean you can move at mach speeds.

Seems pointless. We’ve seen how speed calcs tend to end up contradicting the speed scaling Gege establishes, rather not have to argue about why another Maki calc doesn’t fit with the scaling.

Seems pointless. We’ve seen how speed calcs tend to end up contradicting the speed scaling Gege establishes, rather not have to argue about why another Maki calc doesn’t fit with the scaling.
It's worth a shot, but let's wait till the end of this fight to see wether or not Gege still gate locks the speed to some weird number

Thats what happens when you read to powerscale and ignore statements.
Fr, I thought this was solved long ago, but it seems members think their calc is more accurate than the author's statement itself. ☠️
(not offending anyone, I still believe your calculation is more accurate and variable than the Author stating himself, I still believe Author has nothing to do with math, so he is obviously adding some random speed in his lore)

It doesn't look like this chapter (nor the coming ones) is gonna add anything relevant to the speed revisison.
Are we satisfied with the conclusion at hand or should we vote on the matter?

Fight is over no new feat, except she was stated to be on par with Toji, although that statement is a but shaky.

So she should get a new key.
All her previous keys gets speed lesser than Naoya obviously but the new one will give her one on par or slightly higher than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back