• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen - Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
That obviously depends on how you scale Jogo's domain.
And Dagon's domain as well.
It also doesn't means that the author is using the same method of internal powerscaling as this site does.
The author for instance may not be considering the size of the domain and the things in there to matter.

That is to say just because there is an island with large landscape structures in the background, does not mean that the Author is saying this domain requires Mountain levels of energy to produce.

An example is. [Hypothetical] Imagine a curse that can create a pocket dimension that is an entire planet with a star in the sky that is orbited. But its physical punches and kicks only destroy boulders. You could still have a different character, with a much smaller Domain, let's say it's just a small city, and their physical attacks destroy entire city streets. The Smaller Domain could still be more refined and considered more powerful than the larger one.

We wouldn't say that the smaller city-sized domain is Solar System Level just because the user scales above the curse that can create a Domain that features a Solar System.

Yuta and others DO scale higher than Jogo/Hanami > Dagon
But I don't think Domains should be given AP values
Or if they are, I don't think these should be considered for the scales.
The author emphasized that domains take a ton of curse energy so them being massive would somewhat be because of the amount of curse energy put into it, the way we see megumis being small and incomplete verses jogos being this massive expansion of the inside of a volcano or mountain. I think the size tends to correlate to the power of the character and I know a lot of you like to bring up Gojo as a reason why this doesn't fit but with Gojo we know he can control his ce to an absurd degree compared to others so he could literally just be able to make it small.

I don't really think bringing up characters only showing that they break boulders really debunks them scaling higher than other characters who destroy cities, just seems like an appeal to ignorance, we also already went over that jogo's physicals don't scale to his domain. But idk what happened to that.

Bro, I used the earthquake

and

^This
No. Even if you use Earthquake, since there isn't really any damage beyond the impact zone, you'll only get something around Magnitude 4-5 at best. Which by Site standards is City Block Level to Multi-City Block.

Not City level.

Last edited:
The author emphasized that domains take a ton of curse energy so them being massive would somewhat be because of the amount of curse energy put into it, the way we see megumis being small and incomplete verses jogos being this massive expansion of the inside of a volcano or mountain. I think the size tends to correlate to the power of the character and I know a lot of you like to bring up Gojo as a reason why this doesn't fit but with Gojo we know he can control his ce to an absurd degree compared to others so he could literally just be able to make it small.

I don't really think bringing up characters only showing that they break boulders really debunks them scaling higher than other characters who destroy cities, just seems like an appeal to ignorance, we also already went over that jogo's physicals don't scale to his domain. But idk what happened to that.
Actually there are more characters. Sukuna, while he doesn't put up a barrier for his domain, has a much smaller radius than a mountain or island. Also the Finger Bearers have domains that do not have sizes that support more power larger size.

I'd like to point out, like I did in the calculation blog, that the map used to measure the earthquake's area of effect isn't drawn to scale which invalidates the entire calculation.

Actually there are more characters. Sukuna, while he doesn't put up a barrier for his domain, has a much smaller radius than a mountain or island. Also the Finger Bearers have domains that do not have sizes that support more power larger size.
Sukuna doesn't create a space he doesn't count. It's also weaker sukuna that has a small radius we don't know how much he can do without a binding or at 20f. The finger bearers domain sizes are just what they show, one creates an unknown big crave and the one in the beginning created a massive domain that was bigger than a 2 story building. So those finger bearers just show us the lvl they r at by doing such big domains.

No. Even if you use Earthquake, since there isn't really any damage beyond the impact zone, you'll only get something around Magnitude 4-5 at best. Which by Site standards is City Block Level to Multi-City Block.
Well, apparently you don't know the earthquake formula

I'd like to point out, like I did in the calculation blog, that the map used to measure the earthquake's area of effect isn't drawn to scale which invalidates the entire calculation.
Even using the visible distance the total is 330 meters, the result will still Small City

Also the destruction distance is 330 meters, but that destruction was much further away from Megumi. So the distance is much more than that

Maki was saved from death after Dagon caught her off-guard with his water barrier, which no-sold even Nanami's Ratio. Maki tanked Dagon's fish and kick inside his Domain, which would upgrade his normal stats.

There are magic systems that allow creating a pocket dimension with stars, which takes most of the caster's energy, with the verse not being anywhere near Tier 4. Point?
We have both Megumi and Sukuna implying that the pocket dimension is relatively small (even though it can have a nice background outside of the canvas).
0109-013.png

0119-002.png
0119-003.png

We have both Megumi and Sukuna implying that the pocket dimension is relatively small (even though it can have a nice background outside of the canvas).
0109-013.png
EDIT: This was discussed before this thread. Let's not go back to an old subject. It will get in the way of things

And what does Sukuna's "dimension" imply? It has even been mentioned that it is possible to exist dimensions of 9 kilometers. Where is the contradiction?

Who told you that the edge of the pocket dimension isn't: Small part of water near the shore + Small part of the island?

Characters being thrown tens of meters doesn't mean than the Domain is thousands of meters long, otherwise they'll never be able to reach the barrier in a timely fashion.

Who told you that the edge of the pocket dimension isn't: Small part of water near the shore + Small part of the island?
I mean, you would have to prove it. The only statement is that there is a border, we don't know of others. And as I said, the edge is not really the end, the water was manipulated behind the "edge".
Characters being thrown tens of meters doesn't mean than the Domain is thousands of meters long, otherwise they'll never be able to reach the barrier in a timely fashion.
Nobody said anything about thousands of meters

EDIT: This was discussed before this thread. Let's not go back to an old subject. It will get in the way of things
Please, let's not go back to issues that were resolved before this thread. That will make things more difficult and the arguments are the same

But the characters in question absolutely can it's not like they're normal people the individuals who fought Dagon are at least High Hypersonic so why wouldn't they be able to do that. .

I'd be happy to leave Domain Expansions for an other CRT, but the problem is that AP is dependent on questionable scaling to Domain Expansions.
And the issue didn't receive much scrunity; these are apparent issues not obscure ones, and if they don't get addressed now they'll definetly come up in the future.

I mean, you would have to prove it. The only statement is that there is a border, we don't know of others. And as I said, the edge is not really the end, the water was manipulated behind the "edge".
Megumi's map of the barrier.
0109-013.png

Megumi was standing on shallow water, while Dagon was standing by the shore. As we can see the Domain isn't that big, and it includes both water and land.

Nobody said anything about thousands of meters
You are claiming that Naobito and Maki were sent flying to the other end of the island (instead of just tens of meters), and claiming that the island is thousands of meter long and wide, which means that Naobito and Maki flew thousands of meter.

If you want you decide for us to stick to a controversial AP topic until it is resolved. I recommend Hanami's durability vs Jogo's durability, or the Finger Bearer's cave calc.

Honestly, if everyone keep bringing up subjects that have already been solved even BEFORE this thread the discussion will never end. Let's focus on what is still in doubt and was never discussed

Which is literally just the scale of the God-Tiers

not to forget but there's also the stuff about hax that we have to go over, can't get caught on the ap for this long.

You haven't actually conceded to 'Hanami's durability is variable' and 'Hanami can't be more durable than Jogo all the time'; just while we are awaiting for a response we moved to other topics, so how am I supposed to know that this issue is resolved?

And according to your scale, god tiers are Large Mountain level because the apparent size of some pocket dimensions. So we should keep discussion pocket dimensions?

Idk if a lot of people forgot but the site does allow dimension creation as a feat for ap, so can we pls get over this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back