• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Hax & Addition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These I don't understand
Empathetic Resistance is simple : Sorcerers gain power from negative emotions. They control this "power"(which is CE). Todo states that angering an opponent can amp them, and can also nerf them.
EoArw_KWEAQJwLQ.jpg:large

More anger that can be controlled - more CE - more power
However anger can also make you mishandle CE, which is the opposite of an amp
Jujutsu sorcerers constantly have to take CE from emotions, and have to control it, without said emotions ruining their state of mind or CE manipulation
That is the entire point of the Movie training where you are subjected to various emotions, but still have to control your CE properly.

image0.png

image1.png

This is a spoiler ig so im not gonna say much, but Yuji gets filled with rage during the Hanami fight and Todo slaps him so that he can regain CE control
After this he performs a high CE manip technique which requires immense concentration and CE control, which makes it safe to assume he "supressed" his emotions

As for Conceptual Manipulation, I already posted what infinity is and how it works. It makes an infinite distance, which makes slows down objects that touch it.
To be fair I dont completely understand the Conceptual part, but its stated in the math lecture that Gojo can somewhat control distance :
: Let’s think that we live in a world where Gojo does dx of 1 m ruler length between him and his enemy, causing this ruler to be distorted, and it turns to be ds. From his point of view, because of this distorted ruler, for example 10 m can become |ds| = 1 depending on the location.

T: I see! So, based on this, even if someone runs 10 m, it would look like they only advance forward “1”.

H: Exactly. Like this, the range is getting longer and longer.

T: I’m certain that by doing this, then it will look like they forever can’t reach him.

H: On top of that, by using his technique, Gojo can make the distance per unit when (someone) getting near to him feels like it becomes larger.
I saw an another translation which translates it as :

Takano: Since the discussion became difficult, let's sort this out. Does it mean that Gojo can manipulate the concept of 'nearby' and 'far'? Or he can 'alter' the 'distance feeling' of his enemy? For example, even though they are separated by 100m, he can make the enemy feel they are 'very close'. On the contrary, 1m will be felt 'far' by controlling the phase.
Sonoda: Yes, in an infinite space, that can happen.
I believe thats conceptual manip. Tho you should ask someone like Dr.Whitee for a better explanation.

Empathetic Resistance is simple : Sorcerers gain power from negative emotions. They control this "power"(which is CE). Todo states that angering an opponent can amp them, and can also nerf them.

More anger that can be controlled - more CE - more power
However anger can also make you mishandle CE, which is the opposite of an amp
Jujutsu sorcerers constantly have to take CE from emotions, and have to control it, without said emotions ruining their state of mind or CE manipulation
That is the entire point of the Movie training where you are subjected to various emotions, but still have to control your CE properly.

image0.png

image1.png

This is a spoiler ig so im not gonna say much, but Yuji gets filled with rage during the Hanami fight and Todo slaps him so that he can regain CE control
After this he performs a high CE manip technique which requires immense concentration and CE control, which makes it safe to assume he "supressed" his emotions
Don't think this is enough for a resistance to it🤔
As for Conceptual Manipulation, I already posted what infinity is and how it works. It makes an infinite distance, which makes slows down objects that touch it.
To be fair I dont completely understand the Conceptual part, but its stated in the math lecture that Gojo can somewhat control distance :
I saw an another translation which translates it as :

I believe thats conceptual manip. Tho you should ask someone like Dr.Whitee for a better explanation.
That's literally space manipulation tho... It's not altering reality or anything, he's manipulating space to do exactly that... Giving that Conceptual Manipulation makes no sense 🤷‍♂️

Don't think this is enough for a resistance to it🤔

That's literally space manipulation tho... It's not altering reality or anything, he's manipulating space to do exactly that... Giving that Conceptual Manipulation makes no sense 🤷‍♂️
Why though? You arent explaining why you think that isnt enough.

I believe it atleast qualifies to baseline resistance to empathetic manipulation
Empathetic manip - The ability to allow to influence feelings and emotions. Usually associated with mental manipulation, but can sometimes be carried out in other ways (e.g., direct biochemical effects). Controlling emotions can be divided into manipulating positive and negative emotions. Also possible to use the absorption of emotions and their conversion into energy, as well as predicting the enemy's actions by comprehending his emotions.
Negative emotions uses
Weaken the enemy (via sorrow, guilt, regret)
Cause an opponent to forfeit (via fear)

Jujutsu sorcerers are special in that their main source of power is negative emotions. They take it and its power, without getting influenced by it such that they become weaker/ waste it. Yuji has shown the ability to instantly and fully wipe out intense anger from his mind. This specific anger caused him to not be able to activate BF, but when he erased it, he was.
Negative emotions arent just anger. Fear, sorrow etc classify as well. Since sorcerers can supress negative emotions (and that we see itadori completely supress his anger) it should work somewhat for fear, sorrow etc. In fact, you could argue that talented sorcerers can gain amps from it.

As for the conceptual stuff, it is translated in the scan as "the concept to manipulate near and far". I dont think its mistranslation either. So I think he can manipulate that. Which Type it falls under, IDK. I dont completely understand this , but why cant it be both spatial and concept manip?
Explain why you think its wrong ig.

Why though? You arent explaining why you think that isnt enough.

I believe it atleast qualifies to baseline resistance to empathetic manipulation
I guess limited resistance? As there is literally no proof of them resisting an Empathic Manipulation user 🤔🤷‍♂️
but why cant it be both spatial and concept manip?
Because it doesn't make sense why it's concept manipulation as well...
Explain why you think its wrong ig.
For a character to qualify for conceptual manipulation, the character must be able to manipulate abstract concepts that exist partially or completely independently of the mind.

I don't see him doing that... 🤷‍♂️

I guess limited resistance? As there is literally no proof of them resisting an Empathic Manipulation user 🤔🤷‍♂️
I dont think there are many of them in the series.... and why would they need to resist that? We already know what empathic manip is, they just need to resist that.

Because it doesn't make sense why it's concept manipulation as well...
Ok

For a character to qualify for conceptual manipulation, the character must be able to manipulate abstract concepts that exist partially or completely independently of the mind.

I don't see him doing that... 🤷‍♂️
No clue what that means. Does it mean as in, the concept must be outside the human mind? Cuz the concept of distance seems to be outside it?
Or does it mean he has to manipulate stuff without his mind?

It probably means you can manipulate things that could be created only from the mind I think

It probably means you can manipulate things that could be created only from the mind I think
Not exactly what the section says.
It simply means that the character must be shown to be able to manipulate abstract concepts that exists outside of the mind either partially or fully. That’s basically it.

E.g. Character A manipulating concepts within Character B’s mind to affect Character B can be classified as Mind Manipulation, as all of that is inside Character B’s mind and that can effectively be manipulating Character B’s mind to affect the concepts in it. However, Character A manipulating concepts that isn’t inside the mind that affects Character B would basically qualify as Conceptual Manipulation as it basically affects reality rather than the mind by that point.

From the scans I’ve looked at, Gojo having Conceptual Manipulation doesn’t seem to be that implausible, especially when combining the Jump GIGA interview explanations with Gojo’s own quote about “Infinity is something that is naturally there, I just bring it into reality”. His quote “bring it into reality” implies that it wasn’t real before, which basically describes what abstract stuff is all about (which is not having a physical or concrete existence).

However, Gojo can only have Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation at best, based on the scans.

Last edited:
Jujutsu sorcerers should also have :
  • Limited immortality type 4, since they can come back as curses after their death if you dont kill them with Jujutsu
  • Spatial manipulation and limited law manipulation for those who can use Curtain

Jujutsu sorcerers should also have :
  • Limited immortality type 4, since they can come back as curses after their death if you dont kill them with Jujutsu
  • Spatial manipulation and limited law manipulation for those who can use Curtain
type 4 won't be necessary. Unless you can show me them doing it in a time within sba, I don't see the need to put such a thing in their profiles. tbh

I don't recall an accepted feat for MHS+ so likely was never removed after the corrections and needs to be changed. The only feat I can think of that would possibly be MHS is the subway feat but to my knowledge it hasn't been calced.
The profile for JJK also needs to fix Maki’s HHS calc, since it was re-calced at Hypersonic iirc

Agree with everything
Sorcerers having some form of controlling their emotions is true
During his fight with Hanami, Yuji gets filled with rage. This causes his CE to go haywire. Then Todo slaps him so that Yuji can gain back control, and all of a sudden he goes calm.

He then uses BF, an extremely complex technique, so its safe to assume he regained control

Accelerated Development : People like Yuji feel right at home during combat, and can grow within moments. This leads Todo to say "hes devouring me!".
During his fight with Choso he could tell whose side the turf was on despite having no clue why.
Maybe some Kenjaku meddling IDK
This is also apparent with
Gojo : When he was on the verge of death, he grasped the core of CE and unlocked his potential.

Also with Megumi stating this :
1*A2ZXYaXvSiH_69YbyBbzbQ@2x.jpeg

JJK is a verse that focuses immensely on innate talent, so this is a given.

Agree with the rest as well, esp with Gojo having conceptual manip. IIRC it was stated in the lecture he was a manipulator of local distance or smth
Honestly think this cements AD for most sorcerers.

We do. Me and Ultima both agree. If you disagree then say why.

If you’re not gonna add it just say so, and I’ll makr my own thread, but that seems like a waste of time.
And just because I disagree doesn’t mean I’m not gonna put it. I’m just asking so I actually know why to put it so people already have knowledge when looking at our comments

And just because I disagree doesn’t mean I’m not gonna put it. I’m just asking so I actually know why to put it so people already have knowledge when looking at our comments
I mean that’s fair, bjt I already made my case multiple posts ago. Thus my latest post was to clarify that you understood what I meant so we could actually get the right upgrades.

His technique does manipulate space by creating an infinite space, but, in my opinion, the mechanism for this is concept-based. Gojo discusses infinity being a real thing, that he simply brings into reality. Imo he manipulates the concept of infinity that then has an effect on the world which is discussed in this translation of his abilities labeling it as "manipulating the concepts of near and far".

Although, full disclosure, I ran this by Ultima and he said

So make of my argument what you will. But this was before I discussed the following with him:

I also spoke to Ultima about the nature of reality in JjK and he agreed JjK should get Concept manipulation types 2 & 3. This is due to the soul and body being illusory boundaries of a person's being that are both fundamentally information.

Fake Geto discusses that the soul does not predate the body as Mohito claimed and they are in fact the same. Which is evidenced by technique and the small part of Geto's info that exists in his body. Todou also echoes this sentiment when teaching Yuji about the world.

Ogami's technique was said to summon the information of Toji's body while keeping the information comprising his soul separate. Toji was still able to overcome the process and dominate the possessor's soul with only his "body information" which also allowed him to kill himself vs Megumi.

This would logically extend to curses who are manifestations of abstract emotions and "images" of phenomena.

This was from a bad translation of ch. 164. I've rescinded that since viewing the Viz translation.

One can impose rules, the other increases lethality by ensuring a hit while in the domain.
@Nelliels

Alot of the higher tiers need to have social influencing or fear manip(i dont even know what fear manip falls under anymore)
We aren't doing that. If you're referring to Toji and Maki and Gojo and Yuta, they won't get it. its incredibly minor and also seems to be a creepy vibe from Yuta rather than an actual manipulation of fear.

We aren't doing that. If you're referring to Toji and Maki and Gojo and Yuta, they won't get it. its incredibly minor and also seems to be a creepy vibe from Yuta rather than an actual manipulation of fear.
s u k u n a h a s f e a r m a n i p o n h i s p a g e a n d h e d o e s t h e s a m e t h i n g

Sukuna did the same thing as AFO, who possesses fear manipulation. The fear that comes from Sukuna comes directly from aura, and not from power (He is much weaker than Gojo, but Jogo doesn't get scared by Gojo as much as he does by Sukuna)

Sukuna did the same thing as AFO, who possesses fear manipulation. The fear that comes from Sukuna comes directly from aura, and not from power (He is much weaker than Gojo, but Jogo doesn't get scared by Gojo as much as he does by Sukuna)
shouldnt yuta have that same shit. since he also scares people and curses alike with his aura alone

Him being afraid of death is lowkey a contradiction to it being fear manipulation, I think..

Itadori does not believe in curses at this point

Itadori is not able to sense cursed energy

Itadori can't even use cursed energy

He just feels enormous pressure in the school, which causes him fear of death

Pretty sure there was a CRT to remove AFO's fear manip years ago

Anyways, just ask a few staff member to give their inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back