• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Hax/Ability & AP Upgrade Thread Pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no.

Breaking reality founded upon a logical construct of circular definition would indeed need conceptual strength, that is the reason why Kenjaku is so surprised in the first place. Kenjaku then goes onto say "her mass can't be contained pragmatically or semantically" which is quite literally beyond definition or example.

Secondly, Yuki does not take on the logical consequences of her "mass manipulation". Kenjaku specifically notes she does not incur any weight or durability despite her "density" changing, which is why it's termed"virtual mass". Meaning it's conceptual and not physically existent, just the effects are. Based on this and the above, You would have to posit that Yuki must be immeasurable speed, power enough to nuetralie a blackhole, and actually does have immeasurable durability as well, despite us blatantly knowing that isn't the case and that she is using concept hax.

Thirdly, Kenjaku's use of "target concept" is very explicit. Yuki also confirms the target concept is Mass directly, and we know this is conceptual because all of Kenjaku's high grade cursed spirits CTs are now irrelevant to Yuki, the same we saw with Kenjaku's Ganesha curse which entangled concepts. Thus we know his earlier surmising about "Technique's target concept" is not limited to Yuki, or else she would not benefit from being immune to literally all of his high grade cursed technique.

This is further explored when Gojo defeats Sukuna by changing his target concept, and reaffirmed when Kenjaku watches Gojo die and correctly surmizes how Sukuna killed him, despite Kenjaku obviously not having the benefit of Mahoraga as the blue print.

There is a preponderance of evidence you need to actually counter instead of just saying "I don't think it's literal here" otherwise you are derailing.
Yuki's can be conceptual since she's utilizing virtual mass, a hypothetical concept. But everyone else? You'd need to prove what other cursed techniques are even targeting as a concept. What is Yuta targeting? What is Todo targeting? What is Mai targeting? That is my issue with applying this to the entire verse. If you can't do that idk why this would be accepted.

You'd need to prove what other cursed techniques are even targeting as a concept. What is Yuta targeting? What is Todo targeting? What is Mai targeting? That is my issue with applying this to the entire verse. If you can't do that idk why this would be accepted.
One second I think there's some confusion. I don't think the OP's suggestion is that everyone can target concepts but rather Jujutsu is conceptual / abstract in nature.

But everyone else? You'd need to prove what other cursed techniques are even targeting as a concept. What is Yuta targeting? What is Todo targeting? What is Mai targeting? That is my issue with applying this to the entire verse. If you can't do that idk why this would be accepted.
I already did my guy. Kenjaku is breaking Yuki's technique down by breaking down the mechanics of Cursed techniques in general. "The Technique's target concept is Mass" means that all techniques target some concept and then apply this to reality. This is once again backed up, by Yuki's own concept resistance not allowing other cursed spirits to use their techniques on her, so it's clearly something shared between all techniques.

Yuta's target concept is copying.

Todo's is "swapping"

Projection Sorcery literally uses the concept of 24 fps as the basis for the technique and its impact on reality.

All of those are concept manipulation type 3. I already linked the thread and argument covering this in an earlier response.

Yes, really, I linked you the thread where type 3 was changed to accommodate this.

Per standards: "Conceptual Manipulation is the ability to manipulate, create, and/or destroy abstract concepts. "
Lesser Fundamental Concepts: "Concepts that don't meet the same standards as Type 1 or Type 2, such as personal concepts that continue to govern the object in question, merely on a more specific scale"

Void Manipulation - The fundamental nature of the JJK universe is emptiness. Cursed energy and existence flicker darkly in the chao
Nothing here remotely implies void manipulation. Can someone bring more context for this scan though? I can't recall what kenjaku is even talking about
Subjective Reality/Concept Manipulation type 3 - Barrier users utilize a "concrete image" as the base for their barrier construction. Aspects of the domain are seen as symbolic even when manifested into reality. An advanced user such as Tengen, was able to separate their consciousness from merging with the universe via barriers.
This fits into SR more
Limited Time Manipulation - Miyo's simple domain was able to alter the flow of time within his domain by disavowing any binding conditions within his domain.
We're getting warmer. Is this being strictly applied to Miyo or everyone? If it's the latter, that's a hard disagree
Time Manipulation/Sealing/Power Nullification - The Prison Realm boundary is a barrier technique which nullifies its targets powers before sealing them in a dimension cut off from the regular flow of time.
Should be restricted to the prison realm alone
Non-Physical Interaction - Concepts (type 2) and Void (cursed energy drives even the form of humanity from possibility and exists between mind and matter).
If I had a dollar for each time someone has interpreted a scan to be something it's not... Not only is this hella contradictory considering cursed energy itself is gotten from negative emotions, it obviously doesn't drive/derive the form of humanity.
What this scan says is "Sorcerers, Non sorcerers & cursed spirits are all possibilities of cursed energy in the form of human beings".
I also don't see what implies CM interaction (forget the type) here either especially considering most of the characters can't even interact with the soul.
Ressurection - Cursed energy can resurrect souls and egos into new forms until they are exorcised, or their curse is released.
Thought there was a past thread about this and it was decided it wasn't resurrection? This also isn't combat applicable as there's no time frame on how long it takes for one to come back as a curse.
Empowerment - While negative emotions largely power curses and cursed energy, curses and humans can also be empowered by the collective beliefs of humans such as with the folk god Nanami fought and Sukuna himself in his prime. This effect can also be used through conduits such as talismans (which can be used by non-sorcerors).
Gonna need more context on how this also affects humans, it doesn't help that the last scan isn't translated.
Sealing - Buddhist Sutras are capable of sealing away great evil. Additionally, sorcerers can empower themselves through heavenly restriction (as Kokichi did) and being vow (as Hakari did vs Kashimo).
Another untranslated scan.
Non-Duality - Cursed energy arises from the inherent emptiness of reality and curses are described as between the physical and mental (see blog for reference).
No scan, cursed energy arises from negative emotions. I don't know where this is coming from. Should this still be correct, the verse itself needs to treat the physical and mental as dual natures before this can even be considered.
Concept Manipulation (types 2 and 3)
Hard disagree. You're taking something that has been shown to be special in a few users and trying to generalize it to the rest.
Carrying on from where Arkenis left off, what exactly has been the target concept of Sukuna's slashes before he got Mahoraga's model? You also said the target concept of Yuta's is "copying" so wouldn't this make the target concept of Sukuna's technique "slashing"? In that case, what does switching the target concept to "the world" actually do? Shouldn't a change im the target concept enable them change their technique to something else on the fly?

"Target Concept" is only brought up in regards to Yuki's technique, in Sukuna's case, it only says "techniques target". Sukuna even says himeslf that he just sends slashes flying willy nilly, he isn't targeting any concepts. Cursed techniques don't target a concept as a basis which is further depicted by various CT's actually affecting the physical substance unlike Yuki's technique that does nothing to the actual density of the object.
Keep these for sorcerers who have actually shown the ability as there's no generalization that can be made here. There's already a belief in the verse that all CT are information manipulation type 2 based off one technique alone which summons information, which is false.
Aura, (Grade 2 and up) responsible for - Madness, Manipulation, Empathic manipulation, and Perception manipulation
I don't see anyone running mad here granted I've never participated in a thread involving madness so I'm not sure if statements of "nightmarish" or the likes are enough to qualify
Sorceror Resistances
Madness Manipulation/Empathic Manipulation
- Sorcerors can resist the aura of sufficiently strong curses which can drive opponents into a frightened and nightmarish state.
Same as above
Dimensional Travel/Dream Manipulation -
Dream manipulation
Causality Manipulation -
Since I began stalking following this thread, I've asked myself and failed to realize the purpose of this multiple times. What causality is Mahoraga manipulating exactly? The act of taking an attack and adapting is just how it's power works. Can someone explain if I'm missing anything?
Concept Manipulation (type 2) - Mahoraga was able to nullify Gojo's infinity, by both changing its essence and by targeting all of existence to reach Gojo.
Gonna have to start scrutinizing every word said here. Complete the sentence, it says "essence of its CE". Don't make this sound like it's changing its very concept. The CM here is the slash itself and I'm skeptical on how it's type 2 considering everything in existence wasn't cut down the middle, it's still an attack that travels and can be dodged. Should one target the type 2 concept of "all of existence" in a particular range, shouldn't everything in that range be split? You can leave this on the back burner for now, it's not a pressing issue to me.
Information Manipulation (type 2)/ Informational analysis - Mahoraga adapts to the fundamental information presented to him via attacks or exposure, this in turn allows him to analyze the information and adapt his own essence or capabilities to resist, becom
What fundamental information? This is just info analysis
Resistance to Information analysis - Heavenly restricted persons cannot be targeted by domains that require such.
Isn't this a weakness of domains automatically targeting things with CE only? When the user themselves focuses on/targets them manually they're fair game
Information Analysis - Enlightened heavenly restriction users are able to see the "facets" or "information" of existence.
I'd prefer it if the wording wasn't changed so much to say something which clearly was not even stated in the work itself

Last edited:
Nothing here remotely implies void manipulation. Can someone bring more context for this scan though? I can't recall what kenjaku is even talking about
Yeah, you skimmed a majority of the evidence. Did you read the preceding blog? It doesn't really look like you are really understanding what is being put forth for this one.
This fits into SR more
I outlined above why it should qualify for both.
We're getting warmer. Is this being strictly applied to Miyo or everyone? If it's the latter, that's a hard disagree
It's going under barrier power. I already why it was not something specific to Miyo. Feel free to address those arguments.
Should be restricted to the prison realm alone
This is the barrier abilities section. No one will get barrier feats unless shown capable of doing such.
If I had a dollar for each time someone has interpreted a scan to be something it's not... Not only is this hella contradictory considering cursed energy itself is gotten from negative emotions, it obviously doesn't drive/derive the form of humanity.
This would be you just not understanding the ontology of the verse. CE is derived from humans via emotions, aka that's how they access it. That is not mutually exclusive to CE existing a prior to humans, especially when you literally just read the scan where it stated "cursed energy in the form of humans" and the preceding scans I listed for CE.
What this scan says is "Sorcerers, Non sorcerers & cursed spirits are all possibilities of cursed energy in the form of human beings".
Yes, which would imply that cursed energy is the driving force behind the form of sentient life correct? This also obviously extending to curses.
I also don't see what implies CM interaction (forget the type) here either especially considering most of the characters can't even interact with the soul.
This is the cursed energy ability section. Only sorceros with an understanding of how to interact with type 2 concepts will benefit.
Thought there was a past thread about this and it was decided it wasn't resurrection? This also isn't combat applicable as there's no time frame on how long it takes for one to come back as a curse.
Im unaware of this thread, but apparently it's already on the profiles so consider this redundant.
Gonna need more context on how this also affects humans, it doesn't help that the last scan isn't translated.
All untranslated scans can be found at the end of the ontology blog that was stated to give full context in the OP.
Another untranslated scan.
See above
No scan, cursed energy arises from negative emotions. I don't know where this is coming from. Should this still be correct, the verse itself needs to treat the physical and mental as dual natures before this can even be considered.
No, that is how humans access cursed energy. You have yet to prove your assertion or counter my evidence outside of just making baseless claims.

The verse is already excepted for Information type 2 being the foundation for spirit and matter duality, with emptiness being a step past that.
Hard disagree. You're taking something that has been shown to be special in a few users and trying to generalize it to the rest.
Incorrect, I already outlined why this wasn't the case. Please respond directly to my arguments.
Carrying on from where Arkenis left off, what exactly has been the target concept of Sukuna's slashes before he got Mahoraga's model?
Sukuna targeted type 3 concepts, aka personal concepts. Did you read the concept 3 change thread I linked?
You also said the target concept of Yuta's is "copying" so wouldn't this make the target concept of Sukuna's technique "slashing"?
Did you read the blog? I already outlined that the target concept can include both the foundation of the technique and the actual targeting of the technique itself. This varies, for instance, Yuki targets Mass for her technique which then amps her own being and bombaye. It doesn't extend past that.

In Sukuna's case, his target concept would be slashing, with different abstract qualifiers, cleave for people and dismantle for inanimate objects. That's the whole reason his slashes can even qualify in the first place.
In that case, what does switching the target concept to "the world" actually do? Shouldn't a change im the target concept enable them change their technique to something else on the fly?
No, the target concept for the technique is separate from Sukuna's extending the target of the slashes themselves. Sukuna didn't change his techniques foundation, he needed to be able to hit Gojo "in that world" which required he go outside the concept of space, the world, and existence to be capable of getting outside of infinity and bypassing his powers. Sukuna being able to do this was only because of the law bending powers of Mahoraga to find a way to adapt which is why even someone as skilled and knowledgeable as Sukuna, never attempted it before. It literally hadn't been conceptualized.

So Sukuna using type 3 concepts (slashing) and uses the application of target extension to NPI with concepts (type 2) and slash them. This also explains why Sukuna was able to target Gojo and not cut the entire universe in half.
"Target Concept" is only brought up in regards to Yuki's technique,
Correct, I addressed this above and in the blog.

Yuki is targeting the concept of mass for her technique. This concept manip also gave her passive manip to all of Kenjaku's remaining special grade spirits. Unless you are arguing that Kenjaku randomly kept a squad of cursed spirits who specifically used concept manip, he is clearly talking generally. Once again, the whole context of the scene is that he has to deduce the mechanics of her ability based on how jujutsu operates. Which is why he specifically states

"Mass" huh...? That's the technique's target concept!
Kenjaku's statement is not framing this is something unique to Yuki, he's deducing her technique based on his previous knowledge of how CT's operate and deducing which concept she controls based on what he observed of her absolutely shredding his own concept manipulator and sending him flying through a conceptually constructed reality.

Sukuna is changing the target of his slashes to interact with type 2 concepts.

One is the foundation of the technique, the other is highlighting the highly malleable nature of Jujutsu as shown by Sukuna several times in his Gojo fight.
in Sukuna's case, it only says "techniques target". Sukuna even says himeslf that he just sends slashes flying willy nilly, he isn't targeting any concepts.
I explained the first portion above.
Cursed techniques don't target a concept as a basis which is further depicted by various CT's actually affecting the physical substance unlike Yuki's technique that does nothing to the actual density of the object.
Affecting physical substances does not bar something from being Concept manipulation. That is why all other users will get type 3, as the concepts they are targeting are personal, yet continue to govern some aspect of reality. Once again, read this thread where such things were fleshed out for type 3.
Keep these for sorcerers who have actually shown the ability as there's no generalization that can be made here.
Naw, Kenjaku is clearly breaking down how CT operate and the fact that all of his cursed spirits were moot against her is direct evidence against your notion it was something specific to just her CT's mechanics.
There's already a belief in the verse that all CT are information manipulation type 2 based off one technique alone which summons information, which is false.
Incorrect, Ogami's technique does not scale to others, what scales to others is cursed energy's interaction with things. Ogami's stuff was mostly used to discuss the ontological aspects of the JJK world, which you can feel free to actually tackle if you'd like, but has been twice accepted.
Since I began stalking following this thread, I've asked myself and failed to realize the purpose of this multiple times. What causality is Mahoraga manipulating exactly? The act of taking an attack and adapting is just how it's power works. Can someone explain if I'm missing anything?
You are missing a couple of things.

First, would be the fact that the Dharma wheel is symbolic of phenomena and the causality that drives them and we already touched on the mental nature of powers. Sukuna himself was able to use this symbology to help him deduce what the wheels power was. So right there we have an inverse character relating the symbology to its power.

Then, we have how the wheel works. The user of the wheel must first take the "effect" of the attack. Sukuna explains this vs Gojo and it's how Sukuna was able to get the wheel to become immune vs Gojo. Once the effect of something has been fully downloaded, the preceding cause will no longer have the same impact. Gojo states Megumi tanked "the process of adaption" but didn't get "the result".
From Dictionary.com

Cause-and-effect
  1. noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
This is directly symbolized and operationalized by the turning of the dharma wheel to grant said "adaption".

Finally, Mahoraga has shown feats that sukuna, a man who himself can write his domain over reality and split his own soul into cursed objects to live over 1,000 years, downright called near impossible. The first being Mahoraga's ability to change its own essence in response to infinity, and the second being it's ability to target Existence itself to bypass infinity.
What fundamental information? This is just info analysis
It's not, seeing existence without categorical distinction would indeed mean perceiving passed the point presentation as matter into the deeper information that comprises. You can try all you like but you aren't smelling light. Mai also specifically states the blade used by Toji, Daido, and Maki needed to be capable of "sensing the souls of inanimate things" which is obviously also more fundamental than somethings presentation.
Isn't this a weakness of domains automatically targeting things with CE only? When the user themselves focuses on/targets them manually they're fair game
No because it's also stated Maki can't even be dragged in against her will normally which is not the case with inanimate objects.
I'd prefer it if the wording wasn't changed so much to say something which clearly was not even stated in the work itself
Quoting directly from the scan

It's nothing special. Even the air that surrounds us... Has different temperatures and densities. These "facets" are scattered everywhere. And that "facet"... Just needs to be grapsed!!
*translator's note: "Original RAW is "surface" but, considering the full sentence, she is talking about various dots of information."
Given what I outlined above, I'm not sure how this would be the case.

Last edited:
Yeah, you skimmed a majority of the evidence. Did you read the preceding blog? It doesn't really look like you are really understanding what is being put forth for this one.
Unfortunately my attention span doesn't last long enough with extreme walls of text like that. If there's anything so important there just add it here however, if this is stemming from JJK's similarity to Buddhism then I vehemently disagree. The work needs it to be directly said to be the same for the real world standards to apply to it.
If there's nothing else pointing to this then I suggest you drop this specific topic when reply to me for both our sakes. I'm not a staff member either way so it won't change what happens
I outlined above why it should qualify for both.
But it doesn't. It just fits into subjective reality
It's going under barrier power. I already why it was not something specific to Miyo. Feel free to address those arguments.
I sure I've read the entire thread but didn't see it. Mind linking the reply?
This is the barrier abilities section. No one will get barrier feats unless shown capable of doing such.
Ok
This would be you just not understanding the ontology of the verse. CE is derived from humans via emotions, aka that's how they access it. That is not mutually exclusive to CE existing a prior to humans, especially when you literally just read the scan where it stated "cursed energy in the form of humans" and the preceding scans I listed for CE.

Yes, which would imply that cursed energy is the driving force behind the form of sentient life correct? This also obviously extending to curses.
No. It isn't the driving force behind the form of sentient life especially in the case of cursed spirits that are born by the accumulation of cursed energy in areas that inspire a lot of negative emotions. In the first place, "sorcerer" & "non sorcerer" are simply terms created to distinguish between those who can use jujutsu and those who can't
All untranslated scans can be found at the end of the ontology blog that was stated to give full context in the OP.

See above
Am I really gonna have to read all that
No, that is how humans access cursed energy. You have yet to prove your assertion or counter my evidence outside of just making baseless claims.
I made no claims I simply stated the standards by which these things are given considering I'm one of those who once busted their asses trying to give controversial characters the highest nature and aspect of non-duality
The verse is already excepted for Information type 2 being the foundation for spirit and matter duality, with emptiness being a step past that.
That wasn't accepted anywhere. You have a habit of turning something very simple to something overcomplicated so let me burst your bubble, by our standards, every verse has type 2 info unless explicitly stated however, unlike tensura for example, JJK has nothing that points to all things being made of information. You are trying to turn the fact that JJK has techniques that target fundamental info into something else entirely not to mention I was in Arkenis thread when it got added, went through the sandbox and current blog so this isn't new to me
Incorrect, I already outlined why this wasn't the case. Please respond directly to my arguments.

Sukuna targeted type 3 concepts, aka personal concepts. Did you read the concept 3 change thread I linked?
Except Sukuna is never stated to target any concepts. He himself said he just sends slashes flying. The fact you think he's targeting concepts yet his technique is countered by durability already speaks volumes
Did you read the blog? I already outlined that the target concept can include both the foundation of the technique and the actual targeting of the technique itself. This varies, for instance, Yuki targets Mass for her technique which then amps her own being and bombaye. It doesn't extend past that.

In Sukuna's case, his target concept would be slashing, with different abstract qualifiers, cleave for people and dismantle for inanimate objects. That's the whole reason his slashes can even qualify in the first place.
And still the smae contradictions in that reasoning comes up.
No, the target concept for the technique is separate from Sukuna's extending the target of the slashes themselves. Sukuna didn't change his techniques foundation, he needed to be able to hit Gojo "in that world" which required he go outside the concept of space, the world, and existence to be capable of getting outside of infinity and bypassing his powers. Sukuna being able to do this was only because of the law bending powers of Mahoraga to find a way to adapt which is why even someone as skilled and knowledgeable as Sukuna, never attempted it before. It literally hadn't been conceptualized.
No, it's simply because he didn't know how. I stand by what I said, "target concept" has only been used in reference to yuki
Yuki is targeting the concept of mass for her technique. This concept manip also gave her passive manip to all of Kenjaku's remaining special grade spirits. Unless you are arguing that Kenjaku randomly kept a squad of cursed spirits who specifically used concept manip, he is clearly talking generally. Once again, the whole context of the scene is that he has to deduce the mechanics of her ability based on how jujutsu operates. Which is why he specifically states
He obviously did have specific spirits with CM he said so himself. How jujutsu operates≠ all jujutsu operates in the same fashion. There are varied applications
Kenjaku's statement is not framing this is something unique to Yuki, he's deducing her technique based on his previous knowledge of how CT's operate and deducing which concept she controls based on what he observed of her absolutely shredding his own concept manipulator and sending him flying through a conceptually constructed reality.
Now you're just speaking jargon that's gonna end up confusing me. Please just keep it simple with me, I do not care for the use of all these terms. There is no conceptually constructed reality
One is the foundation of the technique, the other is highlighting the highly malleable nature of Jujutsu as shown by Sukuna several times in his Gojo fight.
I don't really care about the foundation being CM of any kind, my point of contention lies in assuming all CT target concepts even for stuff like Nobara's, next thing I'll hear is JJK souls are conceptual because CT targets concepts and Mahito's affects the soul. Also, jujutsu is only highly malleable to people like Sukuna
I explained the first portion above.
Yes and nothing discredits Sukuna saying he just sends slashes flying
Affecting physical substances does not bar something from being Concept manipulation. That is why all other users will get type 3, as the concepts they are targeting are personal, yet continue to govern some aspect of reality. Once again, read this thread where such things were fleshed out for type 3.
I've read the thread and you missed the point but this is referring to the foundation of CT's and like I said above, I wish to drop the topic.
Incorrect, Ogami's technique does not scale to others, what scales to others is cursed energy's interaction with things. Ogami's stuff was mostly used to discuss the ontological aspects of the JJK world, which you can feel free to actually tackle if you'd like, but has been twice accepted.
Except that it clearly Isn't being used for just interaction.
What you're claiming specifically has not been accepted except maybe in the recent blog you made which I refuse to take part in.
You are missing a couple of things.

First, would be the fact that the Dharma wheel is symbolic of phenomena and the causality that drives them and we already touched on the mental nature of powers. Sukuna himself was able to use this symbology to help him deduce what the wheels power was. So right there we have an inverse character relating the symbology to its power.

Then, we have how the wheel works. The user of the wheel must first take the "effect" of the attack. Sukuna explains this vs Gojo and it's how Sukuna was able to get the wheel to become immune vs Gojo. Once the effect of something has been fully downloaded, the preceding cause will no longer have the same impact. Gojo states Megumi tanked "the process of adaption" but didn't get "the result".
From Dictionary.com
I'll ask again, what cause-effect manipulation is going on here? You have simply explained the mechanics behind his adaptation which is normal. It's not like manipulating to undo what has affected him, he simply becomes resistant or power nulls the technique.
This is directly symbolized and operationalized by the turning of the dharma wheel to grant said "adaption".

Finally, Mahoraga has shown feats that sukuna, a man who himself can write his domain over reality and split his own soul into cursed objects to live over 1,000 years, downright called near impossible. The first being Mahoraga's ability to change its own essence in response to infinity, and the second being it's ability to target Existence itself to bypass infinity.
The rest I addressed above so simply concentrating on the bolded part...stuff like this doesn't work on me. Mahoraga isn't changing it's essence, it's changing the essence of it's curse energy in response to infinity to negate it.
It's not, seeing existence without categorical distinction would indeed mean perceiving passed the point presentation as matter into the deeper information that comprises. You can try all you like but you aren't smelling light. Mai also specifically states the blade used by Toji, Daido, and Maki needed to be capable of "sensing the souls of inanimate things" which is obviously also more fundamental than somethings presentation.
Once again, everything you've said isn't stated in the work. Just send the scans of where Maki was dodging Noaya's attacks please. It's seeing souls not sensing btw.
No because it's also stated Maki can't even be dragged in against her will normally which is not the case with inanimate objects.
Except inanimate objects without CE have never once been dragged into a domain with a barrier
Quoting directly from the scan

Given what I outlined above, I'm not sure how this would be the case.
But none of that implies seeing information. She still describes that can be felt either way

I agree with Tatsumi504
To TLDR the positions by the way:

The point @Dr._whiteee is arguing for is because JJK has these statements of Tengen “being a Buddha and spreading Buddha throughout the world” and that JJK has symbolic elements of Buddhism in it, it then means that JJK fundamentally matches with Buddhism in its meanings, and therefore the standards that are found in Buddhism are extrapolated into JJK.

There is no explicit confirmation of things like “Nirvana is outside of all other existences” in JJK, it is only extrapolated from Buddhism and then applied to JJK without a direct confirmation that’s the meaning being used within the series.

Other extraordinary positions are being posited using the same argument such as casualty manipulation for Mahoraga and Higher dimensional existence for Tengen. Again, no explicit confirmation of what things like “Tengen being a higher being” means exists in JJK, the definition is being taken from Buddhist understandings of what being a higher being entails and then asserted onto characters in JJK as a 1:1 match. Claims like “Tengen being one with the universe” despite no clear showings or confirmations of that being the case in the series itself are made as well because of this reasoning.

I disagree with this notion as from my experiences with verses entailing similar pretexts of using Buddhist inspirations, there needs to be explicit and direct confirmations for these inspirations to be posited as truths for the verse and cannot simply be asserted off of its inspirations and like terms alone.
But no a lot of things found from religious understandings are being used to justify ability ratings. Mahoraga’s proposed causality manipulation is based on Buddhist understandings of Dharma and Non-Dualism as a whole is again based around the Buddhist ideas and themes found in the series. A lot of things are being extrapolated from Buddhist religion and placed onto JJK as truths of the verse without very explicitly confirmation of things.
Yeah I agree with this point very much so. Buddhist inspirations alone do not grant the same standards as Buddhism itself.

Having like terms doesn’t equate to having the same foundational meanings unless explicitly clarified within the series itself. Tengen doesn’t get all the abilities that Buddhist philosophy entails just because she’s said to have “mastered Buddhism and spread it throughout the world.” That’s just extrapolating the standards of religion and applying it to the series without direct confirmation, which can be done to many many other series as well.

Things like sealing being applied to JJK needs to be founded in JJK itself and not extrapolated on from Buddhist understandings of the terms. Tengen having immortality type 9 should not be accepted without direct confirmation and showings Tengen became the whole universe itself and not just the planet and other such examples.

It needs to be found within the series itself and not based around the religious concepts.
And I definitely agree with this, there seems to be a lot of implication of wanting to propose abilities to JJK based on vague mentions of Buddhism and extrapolate them to the extreme, the mere mention of a Buddhist term is equated with real Buddhism and proposed everything related to it even if in verse it has never been elaborated on.

Unfortunately my attention span doesn't last long enough with extreme walls of text like that. If there's anything so important there just add it here however, if this is stemming from JJK's similarity to Buddhism then I vehemently disagree. The work needs it to be directly said to be the same for the real world standards to apply to it.
If there's nothing else pointing to this then I suggest you drop this specific topic when reply to me for both our sakes. I'm not a staff member either way so it won't change what happens
Yeah no, you don't get to use "I didn't read your evidence but still decided to post as if I did" as an excuse.

Before we even go any further, let's hammer this out. What am I taking from Buddhism that wasn't evidenced? You already admitted to not reading the blog, so I'm curious as to how you are claiming the highlighted without actually reading through the evidence.

Yeah no, you don't get to use "I didn't read your evidence but still decided to post as if I did" as an excuse.

Before we even go any further, let's hammer this out. What am I taking from Buddhism that wasn't evidenced? You already admitted to not reading the blog, so I'm curious as to how you are claiming the highlighted without actually reading through the evidence.
Anything that doesn't have it's own scan coming from the JJK manga especially that void manipulation.

It's a different topic if this thread is simply a continuation of the previous one but it isn't so if there's relevant scans from the JJK manga there then bring it here. I am not in support of the use of RL buddhist principles in JJK simply because it was mentioned that x character is a practitioner, simple as that

Anything that doesn't have it's own scan coming from the JJK manga especially that void manipulation.
Literally nothing in the OP is sourced from anywhere outside of the JJK universe.

The only sources used outside of JJK for the ontology blog, were general information sites to show the aspects of Buddhism that correlated with the blog. >95%of the blog is strictly JJK scans.

None of this thread, nor the blog utilize any specific cosmological aspects that would impact scale.

So I am going to need you to be more specific given the above. What scans am I using from outside of the canon for my void stuff?
It's a different topic if this thread is simply a continuation of the previous one but it isn't so if there's relevant scans from the JJK manga there then bring it here. I am not in support of the use of RL buddhist principles in JJK simply because it was mentioned that x character is a practitioner, simple as that
It is. That's why this thread is up after the ontology thread was accepted.

Once again, I am going to need you to prove your claims here, you have yet to:
  • Provide this evidence of me using buddhism flagrantly and outside of what is mentioned in JJK.
  • Actually articulate what my arguments are. Saying "the only evidence is some random dude in JJK practiced buddhism" and ignoring the multitude of evidence I strung together, is pretty suspect NGL.

Literally nothing in the OP is sourced from anywhere outside of the JJK universe.

The only sources used outside of JJK for the ontology blog, were general information sites to show the aspects of Buddhism that correlated with the blog. >95%of the blog is strictly JJK scans.

None of this thread, nor the blog utilize any specific cosmological aspects that would impact scale.

So I am going to need you to be more specific given the above. What scans am I using from outside of the canon for my void stuff?

It is. That's why this thread is up after the ontology thread was accepted.

Once again, I am going to need you to prove your claims here, you have yet to:
  • Provide this evidence of me using buddhism flagrantly and outside of what is mentioned in JJK.
  • Actually articulate what my arguments are. Saying "the only evidence is some random dude in JJK practiced buddhism" and ignoring the multitude of evidence I strung together, is pretty suspect NGL.
You don't get to play this game right now, you just thought you could ignore everything else I said based on me not reading a blog.
My reading of that blog or not does nothing to invalidate over 90% of the arguments I replied to. I already mentioned void manipulation specifically, all you brought for that was a vague ass scan of Kenjaku saying something with no context.

Leave out everything that pertains to the blog, there are other contentions that have nothing to do with it.

You don't get to play this game right now, you just thought you could ignore everything else I said based on me not reading a blog.
My reading of that blog or not does nothing to invalidate over 90% of the arguments I replied to. I already mentioned void manipulation specifically, all you brought for that was a vague ass scan of Kenjaku saying something with no context.

Leave out everything that pertains to the blog, there are other contentions that have nothing to do with it.
That's not how it works. Dr verbatim said that the blog IS the full context
Recently, I made a JJK Ontology thread that discussed the nature of the reality of the verse and its deep connection with Buddhist ontology. This thread will expand upon my last thread and also add some new abilities to the verse. I will be linking the scans to short explanations here, but full context can be found within the blog. The following additions are proposed:
At this point, you're purposefully ignoring the full context, that's rather disingenuous and quite contradicts the dialectics of a debate.

No, I will answer any question you have, and already told you I would get to the rest of your post. I want a more clear discussion instead of us walling back and forth. But you still need to outline your concerns because of right now, all you are doing is throwing vague stuff out and not evidencing that you actually understand my position.
My reading of that blog or not does nothing to invalidate over 90% of the arguments I replied to.
It does, this thread was explicitly stated in the OP to be contextualized by the ontology thread. That means it is precursor.

One of your main arguments has been me using "RL buddhist principles in JJK simply because it was mentioned that x character is a practitioner, simple as that"

So I am asking you to be explicit about which Buddhist stuff I am using, that I also didn't link directly to the canon.
I already mentioned void manipulation specifically, all you brought for that was a vague ass scan of Kenjaku saying something with no context.
See, this is what I mean. All of this is quite literally gone over in the blog, you don't even have to read every section as it is outlined. Heck, lets' forget the blog for a second. Let's look, just at the OP.
[1] [2] [3]
The first three scans contextualize the ontological aspcts of void. Kenjaku, when discussing his yearning for evolving humans to the next level, specifically states that the answer to his question about cursed energy optimization, is "flickering in the chaos". We then see the visual of the white energy flickering in the void. That's a blatant reference from the verses literal encyclopedia. This theme is consistent as seen with the other two instances shown. When Gojo recalls "learning the core of cursed energy" we see the same visual motif of the white splatter on the dark background. When Sukuna's soul is manifested to attack Mahito, we see it appears as white dots super imposed over a black canvas.

Even more recently, we have seen things like souls (same motif of vague lights) superimposed over the real world with the same visual motif

And again when Sukuna targeted the concept of existence to hit Gojo

Next, we see how this directly relates to barriers. Tengen, who is once again the person who created jujutsu as a system and expressly did so as he learned the secrets of Buddhism, directly states his place has "Sunyata Barriers". Sunyata is a term that means emptiness and we can even see the translator note from the manga itself, which reads
TN: Sunyata is a Buddhist concept of emptiness, which all things are ultimately made of
Tengen than explicitly states "anyone skilled with barrier techniques can configure its structure to some extent," expressly telling us that barrier users have the transferable skill of emptiness manipulation.
No, the blog is necessary reading for context of this thread, and you still have yet to explicitly outline what your actual contentions are.

That's not how it works. Dr verbatim said that the blog IS the full context

At this point, you're purposefully ignoring the full context, that's rather disingenuous and quite contradicts the dialectics of a debate.
My 2nd reply being "I lack the needed attention span to pour over the entire wall of text that is the blog"

The blog clearly isn't relevant to everything here so he can address what doesn't have to do with the blog. I'm not choosing to ignore anything
No, the blog is necessary reading for context of this thread, and you still have yet to explicitly outline what your actual contentions are.
I will try to go over it, can't say when I'll finish though

The first three scans contextualize the ontological aspcts of void. Kenjaku, when discussing his yearning for evolving humans to the next level, specifically states that the answer to his question about cursed energy optimization, is "flickering in the chaos". We then see the visual of the white energy flickering in the void. That's a blatant reference from the verses literal encyclopedia. This theme is consistent as seen with the other two instances shown. When Gojo recalls "learning the core of cursed energy" we see the same visual motif of the white splatter on the dark background. When Sukuna's soul is manifested to attack Mahito, we see it appears as white dots super imposed over a black canvas.
I can now understand where you're getting this from since you explained it but I unfortunately still don't see it. Why do we assume that blackness is a void in the first place?
And again when Sukuna targeted the concept of existence to hit Gojo
Could've sworn people were using this to say Sukuna has universal range but I digress and that brings up my main point of contention which is an over reliance on visual information with no explanation to what it is.
Next, we see how this directly relates to barriers. Tengen, who is once again the person who created jujutsu as a system and expressly did so as he learned the secrets of Buddhism, directly states his place has "Sunyata Barriers". Sunyata is a term that means emptiness and we can even see the translator note from the manga itself, which reads
Now this is even better compared to the lone scan of Kenjaku that is vague. I'll want to speak about whether this should be treated as a 1:1 relationship just based off the name + a translators note but I'll drop the point.

I can now understand where you're getting this from since you explained it but I unfortunately still don't see it. Why do we assume that blackness is a void in the first place?
Because, as the blog explains, the mechanics of the verse align with Buddhist ontology.

Kenjaku explicitly referred to it as "chaos" and also stating that "a curse is the space between dream and reality".

The Sunyata stuff regarding Tengen, the person who is literally at one with the universe and thus is a pretty good source when discussing ontology.
Could've sworn people were using this to say Sukuna has universal range but I digress and that brings up my main point of contention which is an over reliance on visual information with no explanation to what it is.
It's not reliant solely on visual information. It is heavily contextualized by the story as the blog discusses.

You also cannot just claim this without expressly indicating why wouldn't take "visual information" into account, it's not an inherently worse quality of evidence and the instances shown above have very direct relations to the verse Ontology:
  • Kenjaku is talking about the evolution of humanity
  • Gojo is discussing the core of cursed energy
  • Sukuna is attacking from his innate domain,
  • Gojo is looking at Megumi's soul superimposed over reality
  • Sukuna is targeting all of existence.
Now this is even better compared to the lone scan of Kenjaku that is vague. I'll want to speak about whether this should be treated as a 1:1 relationship just based off the name + a translators note but I'll drop the point.
I mean, not only is this stuff contextualized in the blog as pointed out in the OP, but the scans I just went over were also in the OP. I'm not presenting new information to you. So I am a bit confused as to why you came in with said disagreements despite not getting the full picture first.

I would also like @Dereck03 (I know I can't ping) to go more in-depth about what aspects of Tatsu's argument convinced him that I abusing scaling from religion without evidence. Particularly given that Dereck expressly read my ontology thread and didn't voice these concerns there.

Because, as the blog explains, the mechanics of the verse align with Buddhist ontology.
Again, I find these statements to be an extrapolation of religion and placed into JJK without direct clarification and explicit supporting evidence.

One of the statements I recall you making was that Tengen reached “Nirvana” and that Nirvana was a place outside of all other existences.

Now, unless these statements have confirmations of what “Nirvana” is then this would not be the case for Tengen. Does “Nirvana” even exist in the world of JJK since I don’t even recall the word being mentioned once in the whole series. And if not, then the mechanics of the verse don’t align with Buddhist ontology.

That is the problem people are having with the arguments you’re presenting, that too much is trying to be taken from philosophical understandings of Buddhism and placed onto JJK without any kind of substantiate evidence that prove the kinds of claims being made.

I mean, not only is this stuff contextualized in the blog as pointed out in the OP, but the scans I just went over were also in the OP. I'm not presenting new information to you. So I am a bit confused as to why you came in with said disagreements despite not getting the full picture first.
You missed my point. Yeah, the stuff with tengen and sunyata barriers are in the OP but not in the part discussing void manipulation. I'm saying it's better to use it there compared to the vague scan with Kenjaku.
Kenjaku explicitly referred to it as "chaos" and also stating that "a curse is the space between dream and reality".
I'm pretty sure we don't consider statements about chaos to automatically mean a void. It depends on the work in question.
It's not reliant solely on visual information. It is heavily contextualized by the story as the blog discusses.

You also cannot just claim this without expressly indicating why wouldn't take "visual information" into account, it's not an inherently worse quality of evidence and the instances shown above have very direct relations to the verse Ontology:
Missed my point again. I'm not against relying on visual iterations neither did I say it's solely based on that I was saying the usage of specific visuals without any coherent explanation ends up being vague.
I would also like @Dereck03 (I know I can't ping) to go more in-depth about what aspects of Tatsu's argument convinced him that I abusing scaling from religion without evidence. Particularly given that Dereck expressly read my ontology thread and didn't voice these concerns there.
For example the untranslated scans, the void manipulation we just tackled (guess you can strike this one off). There's still a lot of stuff in contention but let me read the blog first

One of the statements I recall you making was that Tengen reached “Nirvana” and that Nirvana was a place outside of all other existences.

Now, unless these statements have confirmations of what “Nirvana” is then this would not be the case for Tengen. Does “Nirvana” even exist in the world of JJK since I don’t even recall the word being mentioned once in the whole series.
The problem is that you are hyperfocusing on this aspect of "Nirvana" which is in part due to your lack of context, and misunderstanding of the topic.

Nirvana is a state of extinguishment one feels when they let go of all desires and attachments to existence. This is achieving a state of emptiness that underlies the nature of reality.

With in universe context we know the following about Tengen:
- They were a hermit who spread Japanese Buddhism while also creating the foundations of Jujutsu. This means that Buddhism and jujutsu are inexorably linked on a fundamental basis.
- These teachings about reality spurred the greatest age of jujutsu sorcerers ever and laid the groundwork for the modern jujutsu society. Meaning it's obvious the shit Tengen figured out was working and allowing other to do the supernatural stuff she was achieving.
- Tengen was expressly stated to have become one with the world and expressly states that they are one with the "heavens and earth" which is a Japanese term of "Tenchi" which clearly extends beyond just the physical plane, let alone Earth. This state Tengen achieves dissolves their ego and they are only able to maintain an avatar via barrier jutsu separating their consciousness, and them inhabiting the body of a vessel.

So to recap, a Buddhist visionary who configured Jujutsu and powers was able to achieve ego dissolution and become as Kenjaku states "a higher existence" but you're sitting here and saying I am stretching the state of Nirvana not only meaning the world?

And yes, Nirvana is mentioned in direct correlation to Tengen. As the person who spread the foundation of jujutsu and Buddhism in Japan, Tengen was looked up to as a "god of sorts" by the star plasma vessel society, and also by Angel's squad. Angel's squad called "Desshichin" translates to 涅 漆 鎮撫 隊 or "Nirvana Pacification Squad" of 7. Angel mentions this later in the story when she references her involvement with Sukuna in the past and her religious creed that she and her follower held, claiming that Kenjaku erasing the consciousness of others is an affront to her belief. This "going against the laws of god" would indicate going against the Samsara framework of rebirth. You would also notice the other two squads Sukuna fought are named after buddhist concepts as well.

Along with the contextualization in the blog, this alone shows us the "ascension" Tengen achieved was not some fusion with the planet Earth, it's blatantly metaphysical and directly tied back to Buddhism and from a historical perspective akin to our own world. Given this dude took buddhism and created jujutsu, it's pretty safe to say the stuff covered is kosher from what I linked in the blog.
And if not, then the mechanics of the verse don’t align with Buddhist ontology.
Yeah no that's now how any of this works. JJK not having the same cosmological elements as Buddhism (such as higher realms, 1-A statements, etc) doesn't mean the ontology doesn't scale. Once again, this point was expressly gone over in the blog with staff.
That is the problem people are having with the arguments you’re presenting, that too much is trying to be taken from philosophical understandings of Buddhism and placed onto JJK without any kind of substantiate evidence that prove the kinds of claims being made.
Except for the stuff in the blog which was accepted that you still have yet to go through. You can't ignore the proof submitted and then argue from a position of ignorance all while claiming I'm the one stretching things.

Last edited:
For example the untranslated scans, the void manipulation we just tackled (guess you can strike this one off). There's still a lot of stuff in contention but let me read the blog first
We can continue after this then, also the untranslated material is all at the end of the blog so that should also answer your concerns regarding the untranslated material.

Particularly given that Dereck expressly read my ontology thread and didn't voice these concerns there.
I will say a few points, I am not familiar with JJK other than the 1st season of the anime, I am not at all familiar with Buddhism, the most I can attest to is that the L2-C rating for cosmology seems valid, may change my opinion if someone more knowledgeable finds some flaw in some scan or whatever.

My opinion never went to the direct use of Buddhism, even Planck questioned the use of Buddhism to in-universe powers and extrapolate abilities, and to which he later said he assumed you were going to use those terms and concepts for scaling, which is what you are trying to do now.

Right now I am against the extrapolated use of Buddhism to give abilities based on vague little mentions arguing for their use IRL, so disagree and still agree with Maitreya and Tatsumi reasons.

The problem is that you are hyperfocusing on this aspect of "Nirvana" which is in part due to your lack of context, and misunderstanding of the topic.
I’m illustrating an example of how your logic doesn’t work by the standards on the wiki. I know the context revolving around Nirvana and it’s pretty condescending for you to just assume I don’t
Nirvana is a state of extinguishment one feels when they let go of all desires and attachments to existence. This is achieving a state of emptiness that underlies the nature of reality.
Cool, now prove that’s what Nirvana entails in JJK, because without a direct statement of such, this wouldn’t apply to the series. Having like terms doesn’t equate to the same direct meanings as them in religious standards.
With in universe context we know the following about Tengen:
- They were a hermit who spread Japanese Buddhism while also creating the foundations of Jujutsu. This means that Buddhism and jujutsu are inexorably linked on a fundamental basis.
No it doesn’t. This part is I think the point @Dereck03 was trying to say in their previous post.

And I definitely agree with this, there seems to be a lot of implication of wanting to propose abilities to JJK based on vague mentions of Buddhism and extrapolate them to the extreme, the mere mention of a Buddhist term is equated with real Buddhism and proposed everything related to it even if in verse it has never been elaborated on.
You’re literally saying “Tengen created Buddhism in JJK, therefore Buddhism fundamentally exists in JJK in the standards we understand Buddhism to be.” Literally, that’s literally the point you just said to me in the section I just bolded. And I think that @Dereck03 was saying in the quote above is that that kind of extrapolation done isn’t a standard we apply to the wiki. There needs to be a lot more direct evidence that Buddhism is fundamentally linked to Jujutsu in a foundational aspect than just having a statement of a character “creating Buddhism” or what have you.
- These teachings about reality spurred the greatest age of jujutsu sorcerers ever and laid the groundwork for the modern jujutsu society. Meaning it's obvious the shit Tengen figured out was working and allowing other to do the supernatural stuff she was achieving.
Well until that “supernatural stuff” is expressly clarified within the series itself, it will remain as an unknown and cannot be extrapolated upon from Buddhism as being those “supernatural abilities” because there is no direct evidence of that.
- Tengen was expressly stated to have become one with the world and expressly states that they are one with the "heavens and earth" which is a Japanese term of "Tenchi" which clearly extends beyond just the physical plane, let alone Earth. This state Tengen achieves dissolves their ego and they are only able to maintain an avatar via barrier jutsu separating their consciousness, and them inhabiting the body of a vessel.
Yeah and again you’re gonna need more concrete and direct evidence explaining what “heaven” is in the context of the series. This doesn’t have to be a direct statement by Tengen, it can be a symbolic one referring to “heavens and the earth” because even in the statement of Tengen being the world, she refers to the people’s impurity on earth flooding that world. Not the whole universe, just the planet earth.
So to recap, a Buddhist visionary who configured Jujutsu and powers was able to achieve ego dissolution and become as Kenjaku states "a higher existence" but you're sitting here and saying I am stretching the state of Nirvana not only meaning the world?
Yes because a “higher existence” needs to be directly explained of what it entails in the series itself and cannot be extrapolated upon from religious understandings of what “higher existence” entails. That’s just not how the wiki works and I’ve literally dealt with series that have far far more direct linkage to Buddhism where “higher existence” still wasn’t totally accepted for a character reaching Nirvana.
And yes, Nirvana is mentioned in direct correlation to Tengen. As the person who spread the foundation of jujutsu and Buddhism in Japan, Tengen was looked up to as a "god of sorts" by the star plasma vessel society, and also by Angel's squad. Angel's squad called "Desshichin" translates to 涅 漆 鎮撫 隊 or "Nirvana Pacification Squad" of 7. Angel mentions this later in the story when she references her involvement with Sukuna in the past and her religious creed that she and her follower held, claiming that Kenjaku erasing the consciousness of others is an affront to her belief. This "going against the laws of god" would indicate going against the Samsara framework of rebirth. You would also notice the other two squads Sukuna fought are named after buddhist concepts as well.
Nope, you need a direct confirmation and statement that they’re “going against the Samsara framework of rebirth” otherwise that’s just extrapolation off of Buddhist concepts off of NAME ALONE.

You’re literally using people’s titles sharing like terms with Buddhism as evidence they’re foundationally the same as one another. People’s titles sharing like terms doesn’t mean those terms equate to the same meanings on a fundamental level as one another. Again, this would be an example of the issue laid out by staff:
There is no elaboration being done here, they’re just taking like terms found in the title of people’s names and equating them as foundational roots in the series.

Along with the contextualization in the blog, this alone shows us the "ascension" Tengen achieved was not some fusion with the planet Earth, it's blatantly metaphysical and directly tied back to Buddhism and from a historical perspective akin to our own world. Given this dude took buddhism and created jujutsu, it's pretty safe to say the stuff covered is kosher from what I linked in the blog.
No it’s not safe to assume that because there needs to be actually direct supporting evidence that this is the case. Tengen “took Buddhism and created Jujutsu” but we don’t know exact what Buddhism entails in the world of JJK and without that direct and explicitly information about it.

By this logic, dozens of other series could potentially be upgraded. Record of ragnarok can be upgraded using this because Buddha and his literal scriptures exist in that verse.
Yeah no that's now how any of this works. JJK not having the same cosmological elements as Buddhism (such as higher realms, 1-A statements, etc) doesn't mean the ontology doesn't scale. Once again, this point was expressly gone over in the blog with staff.
Yes it does, you need these direct statements and elaborations to prove the ontology scales 1:1 which has not been done as there is not enough supporting evidence to prove this point.
Except for the stuff in the blog which was accepted that you still have yet to go through. You can't ignore the proof submitted and then argue from a position of ignorance all while claiming I'm the one stretching things.
I’m not ignoring the proof submitted, I’m saying that proof isn’t enough to validate the extraordinary claims you’re making.

Just because it was accepted before doesn’t mean it can’t be rejected now. Arguments change and so do standards and if some staff members think that the arguments I’m making are convincing against the premise of your argument, then that premise could be rejected and the standard that was accepted before could be change. It’s just how the wiki works in people being able to change standards depending on the argument presented.

It follows the Mahayana buddhism it seems.
Saying “it seems to follow this type of religion” isn’t enough to warrant changes being made.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and if the extraordinary evidence is being found in the religious scriptures the verse is being based off of and not the verse itself, then those changes aren’t going to be accepted.

Anyway, the blog is too long and it triggered my laziness, so i can't read all of it (coupled with being busy), however i do agree with @Dereck03 and @Maitreya about refrain from using Buddhism too much, if those ability perform at least 1 feats that like Buddhism then i agree with giving the abilities that kind of hax, but if they don't and just have a name tied to Buddhism, i disagree. I not fault your argument @Dr._whiteee , and while i can understand what logic you use, at least on this wiki, it fall under highest leap in assumption, which not many gonna agree with

it triggered my laziness
Bro's a lazy ass just like my crew gang... Smh.
:danu~1:

Saying “it seems to follow this type of religion” isn’t enough to warrant changes being made.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and if the extraordinary evidence is being found in the religious scriptures the verse is being based off of and not the verse itself, then those changes aren’t going to be accepted.
You're reading too deep into what I said and completely misread. I never argued for that. I simply stated that what Gege mainly uses is references to the Mahayana Branch of Buddhism. That's all.

Anyway, the blog is too long and it triggered my laziness, so i can't read all of it (coupled with being busy), however i do agree with @Dereck03 and @Maitreya
btw have you read everything in this thread excluding the blog? (Like have you read every opposing argument to the OP and arguments from the OP and agreements from others, the scans they sent and read the quotes etc? basically everything)

btw have you read everything in this thread excluding the blog? (Like have you read every opposing argument to the OP and arguments from the OP and agreements from others, the scans they sent and read the quotes etc? basically everything)
It is not your duty to question a person in that way, what does it matter to you if the person has read everything or only the arguments of both sides or nothing, everyone has the right to agree with whoever they find most reliable and even more so if they provide their explanations as to why or why not they agree with the thread.

I mean, this is a common sense at this point, most of us not gonna agree with giving haxes because a verse mention mythology term, have mythology elements in it and then some abilities have name corresponse to said mythology term. I don't fault the logic, but at least on this wiki, not many gonna agree with it, cause it is a high leap in assumption

It is not your duty to question a person in that way, what does it matter to you if the person has read everything or only the arguments of both sides or nothing, everyone has the right to agree with whoever they find most reliable and even more so if they provide their explanations as to why or why not they agree with the thread.
what duty is there? you seem to not understand on what I said and are completely misunderstanding my intentions, you're reading too deep into it. I'm simply asking if this person has read through this thread completely or nah, mainly because I am curious about what that person said about not reading the blog part.

"everyone has the right to agree"....? You're going off on a completely random tangent about something else that I never even asked a question about.

I mean, this is a common sense at this point, most of us not gonna agree with giving haxes because a verse mention mythology term, have mythology elements in it and then some abilities have name corresponse to said mythology term. I don't fault the logic, but at least on this wiki, not many gonna agree with it, cause it is a high leap in assumption
... that's not what I asked. why do yall completely misread my intentions from such a basic ass questions 😭 (not just intention. more so completely misreading WHAT i even said.)

what duty is there? you seem to not understand on what I said and are completely misunderstanding my intentions, you're reading too deep into it. I'm simply asking if this person has read through this thread completely or nah, mainly because I am curious about what that person said about not reading the blog part.
I did read it, but it is too long so i just skim through it, i did get the general ideas of what the blog want to express

I did read it, but it is too long so i just skim through it, i did get the general ideas of what the blog want to express
uh, when you say blog do you mean this thread we're in? or that sandbox blog one. cuz i was asking about this thread which is why i excluded the sandbox blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back