• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

When has output be used to talk about reinforcement? The Ryu vs Yuta fight was pretty clear reinforcement and output were different.
When Sukuna and Gojo's outputs were shot late into their battle, Sukuna makes note of the fact that a normal output Purple would be fatal for him at that distance due to his weakened state, implying it wouldn't necessarily be fatal otherwise. They only ever use the word output within this sequence of events, never specifically using the word reinforcement. Obviously output and reinforcement aren't related necessarily, but it typically seems to be the case as far as I can tell

I always though Gojo saying Yuta has poor ce control meant his output was poor since we see his reinforcement is always high to everyone, even to strong hitters like Yuji and Ryu
I think it's more related to efficiency, since Yuta has nigh unlimited CE he doesn't care that much about spending it. His output was complimented a few times.

What feats does Nanami have without Ratio?
How does this answer my question? Nanami has scaling above Todo and Yuji during Goodwill and then has a statement for being comparable to Yuji in Shibuya. That's more than anything Kusakabe has in statements or feats.

I think it's more related to efficiency, since Yuta has nigh unlimited CE he doesn't care that much about spending it. His output was complimented a few times.
I only remember Ryu saying its not bad, what were the other times?

Wdym? He talks about Ryu's toughness not his output, when have reinforcement and output been related?
Ryu is a great case for output and reinforcement being related as Sukuna notes how Yuta and Yuji aren't tougher than him. Ryu has the greatest output of all the culling games players, that's his most notable feature.

And reinforcement is a form of output it's just not an offensive use of it

When Sukuna and Gojo's outputs were shot late into their battle, Sukuna makes note of the fact that a normal output Purple would be fatal for him at that distance due to his weakened state, implying it wouldn't necessarily be fatal otherwise. They only ever use the word output within this sequence of events, never specifically using the word reinforcement. Obviously output and reinforcement aren't related necessarily, but it typically seems to be the case as far as I can tell
Ok, so he does make mention of his reinforcement. However, it also moves into him saying that it's not in perfect shape rn, which is when their outputs are shot. I took that as output and reinforcement scaling proportionately at least. That's just me

Ryu is a great case for output and reinforcement being related as Sukuna notes how Yuta and Yuji aren't tougher than him. Ryu has the greatest output of all the culling games players, that's his most notable feature.

Y'know, Yuta vs Ryu was a dynamic of reinforcement vs output. There was something cool going on there. But no, apparently Ryu might be tougher

How does this answer my question? Nanami has scaling above Todo and Yuji during Goodwill and then has a statement for being comparable to Yuji in Shibuya. That's more than anything Kusakabe has in statements or feats.
Mei Mei compares Yuji to Kuskabe as well in Shibuya. And he blocks an Uzumaki from Kenjaku, that's a pretty good feat

Yeah? Kusakabe improved reinforcement not output, and the Sukuna thing is against a Sukuna who is uninterested in Kusakabe, making his ce levels drop more. Forget the fact Kusakabe has zero feats without his simple domain in this arc.
reinforcement is how much you're amplifying your body with CE, so Kusakabe's sword swings would be included. Reinforcement isn't exclusive to output.

Mei Mei compares Yuji to Kuskabe as well in Shibuya. And he blocks an Uzumaki from Kenjaku, that's a pretty good feat
That was for how good of a sorcerer he was, Yuji fought a Semi Grade 1 curse during that as well. And again Reinforcement and Output just aren't equal and Kusakabe never shows this even then.

I think though, that reinforcement is overall higher for most sorcerers. I'm mostly just taking issue with the idea output and reinforcement are relative when they don't seem to be. Ryu tanking dismantle yet GB isn't strong enough to harm Yuta like dismantle did to Ryu, or the fact Yuji and Yuta reinforcement is below Ryu's and their output is below their reinforcement.

Do ya think Yuji is hitting hard as Ryu?

reinforcement is how much you're amplifying your body with CE, so Kusakabe's sword swings would be included. Reinforcement isn't exclusive to output.
But it clearly is used like that? They talk about reinforcement as defense, not offense. Would you say Yuji's output is now equal to Yuta's?

But it clearly is used like that? They talk about reinforcement as defense, not offense. Would you say Yuji's output is now equal to Yuta's?
when has reinforcement ever been used in a way that's excluding one's offensive ability? Reinforcement doesn't exclude output, nor is it equal to output, reinforcement is, as the word implies, your REINFORCEMENT of one's body with CE, output is the more generalised notion of how much CE you can put into something at any given point.

when has reinforcement ever been used in a way that's excluding one's offensive ability? Reinforcement doesn't exclude output, nor is it equal to output, reinforcement is, as the word implies, your REINFORCEMENT of one's body with CE, output is the more generalised notion of how much CE you can put into something at any given point.
When Yuta's body is reinforced by his curse energy and Ryu says its like punching a water tank. I guess though Yuji does relate power to reinforcement when talking about Yuta doing it, but these examples just seem out of place. You would agree though output is more about how strong one's strikes or ct is?

That was for how good of a sorcerer he was, Yuji fought a Semi Grade 1 curse during that as well. And again Reinforcement and Output just aren't equal and Kusakabe never shows this even then.
How good a sorcerer you are also includes your strength and durability, and Yuji distinctly lacks anything but his strength, durability and tactical mine at this moment. And as Kusakabe only has Simple Domain over Yuji at this point, I don't see why it wouldn't be logic to say that Mei Mei is putting their general abilities against one another.

Besides that Kusakabe just gets a better feat in being able to block a maximum techinque. And while reinforcment and output might not be equal, they're clearly comparable judging by the likes of Ryu. Because if his output far outstretched his reinforcment, he wouldn't be able to tank a hit from himself and if his output was far below his reinforcement, he wouldn't be able to hurt himself.

I think though, that reinforcement is overall higher for most sorcerers. I'm mostly just taking issue with the idea output and reinforcement are relative when they don't seem to be. Ryu tanking dismantle yet GB isn't strong enough to harm Yuta like dismantle did to Ryu, or the fact Yuji and Yuta reinforcement is below Ryu's and their output is below their reinforcement.

Do ya think Yuji is hitting hard as Ryu?
Before his awakening, no. But he's comparable to Ryu by the sheer fact that Yuji is able to fight alongside Yuta and draw blood the same as him.

How good a sorcerer you are also includes your strength and durability, and Yuji distinctly lacks anything but his strength, durability and tactical mine at this moment. And as Kusakabe only has Simple Domain over Yuji at this point, I don't see why it wouldn't be logic to say that Mei Mei is putting their general abilities against one another.
Well because Kusakabe's ranking comes from his knowledge and versatility as a sorcerer not his strength and durability.

Besides that Kusakabe just gets a better feat in being able to block a maximum techinque. And while reinforcment and output might not be equal, they're clearly comparable judging by the likes of Ryu. Because if his output far outstretched his reinforcment, he wouldn't be able to tank a hit from himself and if his output was far below his reinforcement, he wouldn't be able to hurt himself.
Idk, output is the ce they release when attacking rather than the energy inside them to reinforce themselves. I think its more a mechanic thing and the fact its their own ce that makes it not hurt them rather than they just scale to their own strikes due to that.

Before his awakening, no. But he's comparable to Ryu by the sheer fact that Yuji is able to fight alongside Yuta and draw blood the same as him.
Maybe? But lets be real, Yuji overall didn't draw blood from his punches, that shows Yuji's output is far below his reinforcement of his body than relative.

Well because Kusakabe's ranking comes from his knowledge and versatility as a sorcerer not his strength and durability.
His strength and durability are absolutely a factor though, Grade 1s are expected to eliminate special grade curses. Him lacking in strength or durability would absoultely bar him from such a status, especially when he doesn't even have a curse techinque.
Idk, output is the ce they release when attacking rather than the energy inside them to reinforce themselves. I think its more a mechanic thing and the fact its their own ce that makes it not hurt them rather than they just scale to their own strikes due to that.
Output isn't just for attacks though.
Maybe? But lets be real, Yuji overall didn't draw blood from his punches, that shows Yuji's output is far below his reinforcement of his body than relative.
Chapter 251, as soon as Yuji lands a direct hit he draws blood. He even bruises Sukuna's face with a knee. He wasn't drawing blood beforehand, because he was just getting blocked all the other times.

His strength and durability are absolutely a factor though, Grade 1s are expected to eliminate special grade curses. Him lacking in strength or durability would absoultely bar him from such a status, especially when he doesn't even have a curse techinque.
Special Grade curses aren't powerful in the series generally speaking. We know second grades and semi first grades sorcerers are able to defeat them, one doesn't need good strength for them, specially when the sorcerer has a simple domain that boosts his output and decreases ct. And Mei Mei, Nanami and Gojo are clear Kusakabe's ability to win fights is sheerly from his knowledge and his simple domain, not his strength or durability.

Output isn't just for attacks though.
Generally speaking it is. Almost every time output is mentioned, its talking about power.

Chapter 251, as soon as Yuji lands a direct hit he draws blood. He even bruises Sukuna's face with a knee. He wasn't drawing blood beforehand, because he was just getting blocked all the other times.
Harming someone when they aren't blocking isn't a good feat. Kinda par for the course when your opponents getting jumped.

When Yuta's body is reinforced by his curse energy and Ryu says its like punching a water tank. I guess though Yuji does relate power to reinforcement when talking about Yuta doing it, but these examples just seem out of place. You would agree though output is more about how strong one's strikes or ct is?
yea output is definitely a bigger factor for CT, idk about strikes. Yuta's reinforcement making him durable doesn't mean it's exclusively about defence, especially when you just named an example where it's not the case.

Special Grade curses aren't powerful in the series generally speaking. We know second grades and semi first grades sorcerers are able to defeat them, one doesn't need good strength for them, specially when the sorcerer has a simple domain that boosts his output and decreases ct. And Mei Mei, Nanami and Gojo are clear Kusakabe's ability to win fights is sheerly from his knowledge and his simple domain, not his strength or durability.
Semi-Grade 1 sneak

What? What do you mean Special Grade curses aren't powerful in the series generally speaking? The weakest special grade curses we encounter are finger bearer's, and a grade 2 sorcerer like Megumi was unable to do anything against it. They're special grade explicitly for their strength, there's no special grade cursed spirit who isn't a physical threat we ever bear witness to in the series. And when the others are complimenting Kusakabe, yes Mei Mei mentions they're stronger, but Nanami also says he can't imagine anyone who can withstand the onslaught of attacks from Kusakabe in his simple domain (which would rely on his strength).

Or I don't know, when Kusakabe proceeds to asssault sukuna with a barrage of attacks (a sukuna who just hit a black flash) and draws blood. If he wasn't someone with significant strength he wouldn't be able to do any of this
Generally speaking it is. Almost every time output is mentioned, its talking about power.
Power in the sense of how much cursed energy goes into something not just for attacks. Such as RCT output or curse techinques in general (which aren't all about attacking, like Utahime's). Reinforcement has to be covered under output because it is a form of output as you're literally releasing energy to coat your body and protect it.
Harming someone when they aren't blocking isn't a good feat. Kinda par for the course when your opponents getting jumped.
It is when you literally use a magical energy to defend yourself that doesn't rely on you blocking. As seen by the likes of Nanami, when dealing with Haruta, or when Todo blocks Mahito's black flash, or when Hakari blocks kashimo's final explosion.

What? What do you mean Special Grade curses aren't powerful in the series generally speaking? The weakest special grade curses we encounter are finger bearer's, and a grade 2 sorcerer like Megumi was unable to do anything against it. They're special grade explicitly for their strength, there's no special grade cursed spirit who isn't a physical threat we ever bear witness to in the series. And when the others are complimenting Kusakabe, yes Mei Mei mentions they're stronger, but Nanami also says he can't imagine anyone who can withstand the onslaught of attacks from Kusakabe in his simple domain (which would rely on his strength).

Or I don't know, when Kusakabe proceeds to asssault sukuna with a barrage of attacks (a sukuna who just hit a black flash) and draws blood. If he wasn't someone with significant strength he wouldn't be able to do any of this

Power in the sense of how much cursed energy goes into something not just for attacks. Such as RCT output or curse techinques in general (which aren't all about attacking, like Utahime's). Reinforcement has to be covered under output because it is a form of output as you're literally releasing energy to coat your body and protect it.

It is when you literally use a magical energy to defend yourself that doesn't rely on you blocking. As seen by the likes of Nanami, when dealing with Haruta, or when Todo blocks Mahito's black flash, or when Hakari blocks kashimo's final explosion.
Oh shit. I didn't even realize he said second grade sorcerers can defeat special grade curses. Tf?

Not only is that f*cking stupid based on feats alone, it is explicitly stated that a sorcerer must be at least first grade in order to exorcise special grade curses

FB aren't the weaker special grades at all. Yeah I'm talking about Kusakabe outside of domain this whole time.

It's still power though, and I'm talking about strikes or offensive ct.

What does this have to do with what I said? Todo put all his ce into one point, that is reinforcement, Hakari put moved the ce to the rest of the body to strengthen it, that is reinforcement. If me using blocking was taken as throwing up your arms then my mistake, they block in other ways yeah but Sukuna isn't shown to do that in the instance we're talking about.

Not only is that f*cking stupid based on feats, it is explicitly stated that a sorcerer must be at least first grade in order to exorcise special grade curses
Okay... idk why you guys single out one thing I say. I said second and semi can, not just a second grade alone.

Ya really tryna complicate this Kusakabe and Nanami thing

All this talk yet Kusakabe has almost no striking feats outside of his simple domain amp, and using durability feats to measure his strikes (outside of domain).

Nanami no diffs Haruta who was stomping Nobara, a grade 2 maybe semi grade 1, that's a feat. Then Nanami has statements scaling him to Yuji. That's all though. His page has feats of him using Ratio as ap, we all know the ct weakens the part it hits, someone fix this 😭 please.

Arkenis is still keeps downplaying Yuji? 🤢
Not downplaying. You just ignore the fact his feats are against a Sukuna who isn't impressed by him and is also having his output lowered, if anything this lessens everyone's feats since Yuji stepped in. Everyone seems to forget this part of the plan and also thinks it makes Yuji op, don't get where this came from.

We know that Sukuna in 250 observed that he needed to use Cleave to leave a fatal wound on Yuta and Yuji, like with Ryu, noting that they were approximately as durable as him. If we consider his observation, then at that point he should have been somewhere around the level he was at during the Culling Game. Yuji's subsequent hits weakened him further, as a Cleave to the head in 251 didn't leave a fatal wound on Yuta when it would have prior. Then he gets hit with a held back Jacob's Ladder and wounded by the soul blade. He lands four Black Flashes, which admittedly were counteracted by the beating delivered to him by Yuji.

After this point, Yuji is able to harm Sukuna with normal hits and is capable of drawing blood at times, with his Black Flashes doing heavy damage.

I'm not a fan of scaling with fingers because I find it arbitrary, but I won't contest Yuji being around the level of 10 fingers if the finger scale is in question.

Back