• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Sukuna is only 5% better than everyone stat wise which is why Yuta using DE and instant jacobs ladder on a no-domain Sukuna in addition to Gojo fighting him would've been worse than just Gojo fighting individually. JJK makes so much sense this way!
Nah you don't get it, Ryu > Gojo which is why Ryu got oneshot by one Cleave from 16F Sukuna while Gojo tanked thousands of domain amped Cleaves from 20F Sukuna

The particulars are all exaggerations and contrived explanations.

Yea, Maki could help with her SS Katana, but in order for it to even be worth trying, Sukuna needs to be offguard

Yes Yuta popping a domain helps, but not in the middle of complex domain clashes and ever-adapting shikigami
ngl I'm starting to think you never read JJK and it's been a long elaborate troll this entire time.

It's NOT an exaggeration to say Gojo and Sukuna lost access to the domain post-230, it's stated several times. Further, I thought Sukuna was only 5% greater than Maki, why would she need to off-guard him?

These small differences are explained to be a thing throughout jjk

Yuji has superior innate physical prowess to pre-awakened Maki and he’s strong enough to damage special grade cursed spirits. However, he’s only 120% the power of an average sorcerer, stated by Nanami.

Megumi is losing to a finger bearer which is also a special grade cursed spirit. Despite this, he turns the fight around with a 120% amp.

Naoya becomes 3x faster than he used to be at his peak speed and that’s enough to badblitz Maki who already has the superior eyesight, and she can only get around by paying attention to stuff she could previously see like fluctuations in air and whatnot.

All we know Sukuna gains from the fingers is CE, and 3F Sukuna gets slightly damaged by Nue and is weaker than Jogo, who is worth around 7-8 fingers at his best and can still damage 15F Sukuna with a maximum technique.

At his worst, 16F Sukuna is 80% of full power Sukuna, and that’s considering it as if he doesn’t have the same output.

Marginal differences in terms of percentages make all the difference in JJK.

Yuta while powered up by his domain: If it weren't for the after effects of his fight with Gojo, we wouldn't have a second to spare to use reverse cursed technique, he would have annihilated us instantly

Guac: So what you are saying is that he is 5% stronger than you at full power

Yuta's domain would have been perfect for countering Maho actually because any time he begins adapting to a technique Yuta would just hit it with another
Ngl, I don't think so. Besides the fact narratively it doesn't fit, Sukuna would've entered his true form aptly as he's getting jumped now and thus he'd have ended up with active HWB, Domain Amp, Maho and Agito out, Maho being physically above Yuta and Rika, it really wouldn't have mattered, Yuta would've taken enough damage have gotten his domain broken and then the fact he'd be participating in a fight where any attack could be fatal with weaker rct, weaker reinforcement, and weaker output.

A random dismantle would've killed Yuta.

Yuji has superior innate physical prowess to pre-awakened Maki and he’s strong enough to damage special grade cursed spirits. However, he’s only 120% the power of an average sorcerer, stated by Nanami.
Nanami said that when Yuji was still learning the basics of CE manipulation. That same Yuji punched one of the finger bearers with cursed energy reinforcment and it did no damage. The Yuji that was damaging Hanami was one that had gottena major boost to his CE control after the fight with Todo
Megumi is losing to a finger bearer which is also a special grade cursed spirit. Despite this, he turns the fight around with a 120% amp
That wasn't just a 120% amp to his physicals, but to every aspect of his technique and he still only won through a sneak attack
Naoya becomes 3x faster than he used to be at his peak speed and that’s enough to badblitz Maki who already has the superior eyesight, and she can only get around by paying attention to stuff she could previously see like fluctuations in air and whatnot.
She was anticipating him to attack at mach 1, obviously she'd be caught off guard by how fast he was
All we know Sukuna gains from the fingers is CE, and 3F Sukuna gets slightly damaged by Nue
He doesn't get damaged at all by Nue actually he just gets knocked forward a bit. And later he practically one shots the thing
and is weaker than Jogo, who is worth around 7-8 fingers at his best and can still damage 15F Sukuna with a maximum technique.
Funny you bring up Jogo because he is a good case for why Sukuna's fingers likely aren't a linear increase. Jogo was about half the strength of 15F Sukuna by fingers, yet he was getting blitzed, torn apart and was unable to land a single hit the entire fight

These small differences are explained to be a thing throughout jjk

I don't know what 120% statement by Nanami you're referring to as in context I severely doubt he was referencing the boarder populace averages of jujutsu society.
Megumi is losing to a finger bearer which is also a special grade cursed spirit. Despite this, he turns the fight around with a 120% amp.
Megumi beats the finger bearer by catching him off guard with his strongest summon. So there is no equivalence here.
It feels like every time we debate you always try to pivot to Maki when we've discussed this exact argument 10+ already, which I don't mind normally but with you particularly you bring up this topic, debate it, then just stop replying after a certain amount of time and then next time it comes up it's the EXACT same arguments, same scans, same talking points, etc. I might just ban any Maki discussion with you in my head going forward, this specific area of JJK scaling is where you're the most weaselly and annoying.
All we know Sukuna gains from the fingers is CE, and 3F Sukuna gets slightly damaged by Nue and is weaker than Jogo, who is worth around 7-8 fingers at his best and can still damage 15F Sukuna with a maximum technique.
Sukuna never gets damaged, nor was he ever going all out, and Jogo having a powerful maximum technique is perfectly fine.
At his worst, 16F Sukuna is 80% of full power Sukuna, and that’s considering it as if he doesn’t have the same output.
Okay, and no one scales to 16F Sukuna. When he was brought to <10% of his power he was still 1v2'ing Maki and Yuji whilst laughing.
Marginal differences in terms of percentages make all the difference in JJK.
This doesn't even engage with my questions. You completely ignored my original message, completely ignored the example I gave, completely ignored the counter argument and just began listing off headcanon. Why do you argue in this way?

His cursed technique output was diminished, not his overall ap
Nope, it's overall CE output that's dropping and he is still going 2v1 with perfected Maki and pissed off Yuji
0215-011.png

Oh yeah, I remember there being some comments about how Sukuna was still at Yuta's level even after 10 chapters. I think it's probably be because of Sukuna's efficency with cursed energy. He was only second to Gojo, and that was attributed to the Six Eyes so even as his output is dropping and he's taking all of this damage, his actual cursed energy amount has managed to only lose a miniscule amount of his CE

It's almost like Gege is an author and doesn't use our arbitrary power ratings
Like, idk why it’s so crazy

I’ve mostly left the powerscaling scene and a lot of things just make more sense if you look at it with the eyes of a normal person instead of the powerscaler eyes

Jjk makes more sense if it’s not DBZ. Like, just watch the show. Don’t think about the impact of calcs or shit like that, and try and make sense of the lore based on what they say and do and have fun. A lot of these positions I feel like are made by watching jjk looking for a certain result

I’ve mostly left the powerscaling scene and a lot of things just make more sense if you look at it with the eyes of a normal person instead of the powerscaler eyes

Jjk makes more sense if it’s not DBZ. Like, just watch the show. Don’t think about the impact of calcs or shit like that, and try and make sense of the lore based on what they say and do and have fun. A lot of these positions I feel like are made by watching jjk looking for a certain result
you think a normal person watches JJK thinking Gojo is only 5% stronger than everyone else? Pure delusion

Indeed, in my own mind, I consider everyone to be somewhat relative to one another in terms of power, with guys like Choso being able to tank attacks from Kenjaku, but still being comically weaker to the point that Kenjaku isn't concerned about him at all, but still dodges his attacks

Only Gojo and Sukuna are basically hydrogen bombs to everyone else's couging baby

There's barely any mentions of numbers for the latter half the story. Additionally, it's fans that use finger scaling all the time

By feats, the scale is not at all relative

Jjk makes more sense if it’s not DBZ.
Not really, there's very explicit gaps in stats betwen the different levels of sorcerers.

Low level sorcerers vs Grade 1s: Nobara got beat up and stabbed by Haruta who couldn't even scratch Nanami and would have gotten one shot by him

Grade 1s Vs Special Grade sorcers: Toji no diffed Dagon in his domain, while four Grade 1s were getting mopped by him. Maki while bleeding out and not on the level of Toji murdered several grade 1s plus a **** ton of fodder. Yuta one shot Choso (Grade 1 sorcerer/Special Grade curse) who Naoya (Grade 1 sorcerer) thought was so tough he needed to use a cursed tool against him

Special Grade sorcerers Vs the Honored Ones: Yuta thinks a full power Sukuna would have anhillated him and Yuji instantly before they could use RCT. Any sorcerer intervining in their fight would just be collateral. Gojo with no domain, low RCT and CT output and brain damage was still stronger than any other sorcerer in Jujutsu high. Ryu who could tank his own "highest output in the culling games" Granite blast got one shot hy 16F Sukuna (meanwhile Gojo was tanking thousands of 20F Sukuna's cleaves inside MS). 16F Sukuna while at 10% output was going 2v1 against awakened Maki and angry Yuji despite both of them actively trying to kill him

What about Miguel being physically stronger than Gojo tho
The comparison was between them—their JJK 0 era selves—fighting with just cursed energy manipulation and physical attacks. Gojo makes an analogy that he would win the marathon but Miguel would win the sprint. That statement was about their fighting technique, not their strength

The comparison was between them—their JJK 0 era selves—fighting with just cursed energy manipulation and physical attacks. Gojo makes an analogy that he would win the marathon but Miguel would win the sprint. That statement was about their fighting technique, not their strength
Considering the other comments from Gojo and Miguel, I got the implication that their physicals are equal

Considering the other comments from Gojo and Miguel, I got the implication that their physicals are equal
Miguel also repeatedly says he does not fw with Gojo. Regardless of their relativity, there's a clear gap in strength. And that's considering that Miguel used the Black Rope to disable neutral Limitless at the very least if not cancel out the Limitless entirely, and certainly used Hakuna Lana, which would debuff Gojo while buffing himself, all of which amounted to stalling him for 12 minutes and coming out of the fight not wanting to engage the latter in combat ever again

you think a normal person watches JJK thinking Gojo is only 5% stronger than everyone else? Pure delusion
The 5% is an example, but I doubt the average person thinks Gojo’s physicals without blue are stronger than Rika or Yuki Tsukumo

The point is the stat gaps aren’t where it’s at

Back