• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I agree with this. I’m certainly hyped for Todo’s return myself but my issue is just where was he this whole time? The Shibuya one makes sense because of the timeline of events. Right after Goodwill Yuji and co go on a mission then Shibuya happens. We even get a reason why Kyto was late to the party. In this case, Todo disappears after Shibuya then doesn’t show up at all for PP or CG arc then he just waltzes in again now. It feels odd that no one even mentioned him like at all.
give it a sec he just showed up and removed that weird arm thing he had on, we'll probs get an explanation what that is about, but my best guess is that he was out of commission after losing the arm and thought about retiring due to losing his CT and arm but got a prosthetic of some sort probably a cursed tool of some kind.

Todo coming back without build up is not the issue, his appearance in Shibuya also didnt have any build up but it was still peak.

For me the problem is that he appears immediately after Choso's death which makes both moments lose a lot of their impact and the explanation for why he didn't show up earlier is very half assed (though i recognise that can change with the full translation and more chapters)

Even still some of yall are being so reactionary about this shit. I dont think Gege is a writing genius either but we should have learned our lesson by now that judging his decisions too early isnt good (think Takaba vs Kenny)

For me the problem is that he appears immediately after Choso's death which makes both moments lose a lot of their impact and the explanation for why he didn't show up earlier is very half assed (though i recognise that can change with the full translation and more chapters)
I mean good point HOWEVER:
2024-05-09_153318.png

this is 10 panels before todo shows up in shibuya

and he showed up exactly 8 panels after choso began to die and actually got some final words in, unlike nobara over there

I mean good point HOWEVER:
2024-05-09_153318.png

this is 10 panels before todo shows up in shibuya

and he showed up exactly 8 panels after choso began to die and actually got some final words in, unlike nobara over there
Meh I'd argue Nobara's "death" had a lot more room to breath.

We see her get hit with IT, then cut too 1.5 chapters of flashbacks, then we spend another half a chapter of Mahito beating down Yuji and then Todo shows up.

In today chap we got like 2 pages between Choso's death and Todo's return

Meh I'd argue Nobara's "death" had a lot more room to breath.

We see her get hit with IT, then cut too 1.5 chapters of flashbacks, then we spend another half a chapter of Mahito beating down Yuji and then Todo shows up.

In today chap we got like 2 pages between Choso's death and Todo's return
eh fair point her flashback was longer than choso's.

Man I ******* hate this OP, after they used it when Itadori was suffering I lost all my interest.

The first OP is so ******* good tho…

At the rate this is going, I'm worried about One Piece because there are too many characters heading into the last 2 arcs. Hopefully Oda sticks to not killing anyone or at the very least make it make sense.

Has anyone tried calcing the Divine Flame?

Yeah at this rate Hakari likely won’t lose but a victory for him doesn’t seem close at all.

Does that "thermobaric explosive" line help? Also, can Todo's technique work on Maki now that she has no CE? Would his technique evolved/adapted to work on souls or something? Do we hope Maki can tank the Divine Flames?

Does that "thermobaric explosive" line help? Also, can Todo's technique work on Maki now that she has no CE? Would his technique evolved/adapted to work on souls or something? Do we hope Maki can tank the Divine Flames?
She ain't tanking that. LMAO
Maki has SSK so Todo can swap the whole thing alongside Maki I guess.

She ain't tanking that. LMAO
Maki has SSK so Todo can swap the whole thing alongside Maki I guess.
😐
Pretty sure Boogie Woogie (before any potential chnages/growth) would only work on SSK. I can't recall anything of it teleporting anything not containing CE "infused in it"

😐
Pretty sure Boogie Woogie (before any potential chnages/growth) would only work on SSK. I can't recall anything of it teleporting anything not containing CE "infused in it"
Well it was clearly shown in the image where Maki and Ino were supposed to be swapped with Crows so I think SSK played some role otherwise Maki just got thick plot armour for surviving flames.

So I wonder: what's Sukuna gonna do now? His stamina's gone, his cursed technique is momentarily suspended, his cursed energy reserves have been depleted, and now he's gonna fight a tag team of Itadori and Todo. What more can be taken out of this battle? What else can be done to raise the stakes? Sure he can possibly get another Black Flash recovery for his stamina, but that seems rather lazy. Only thing left I can think of is if Sukuna activates the Merger, but everyone in the Culling Games has to be killed for that to happen. So is Sukuna gonna do some sort of binding vow or something? I don't know how things will proceed at this point.

So I wonder: what's Sukuna gonna do now? His stamina's gone, his cursed technique is momentarily suspended, his cursed energy reserves have been depleted, and now he's gonna fight a tag team of Itadori and Todo. What more can be taken out of this battle? What else can be done to raise the stakes? Sure he can possibly get another Black Flash recovery for his stamina, but that seems rather lazy. Only thing left I can think of is if Sukuna activates the Merger, but everyone in the Culling Games has to be killed for that to happen. So is Sukuna gonna do some sort of binding vow or something? I don't know how things will proceed at this point.
He'll just pull out 20 more binding vows. We've been here before.

That doesn't ignore the fact Chapter 230 scan Sukuna saying he couldn't use Other techniques because of TS.

Ye and he never went for fire arrow because it is dogshit currently and no opportunity for using it were granted. In conclusion Gojo beats up Heian Era Sukuna in the third or fourth Domain expansion. Next.
I didn't say it's just a sure hit read what I said might be related to the domain sure hit. It's a combo within his domain condition
It isn't. Which is why Yuji was never hurt.

If it's EE it does matter because Gojo nor anyone in the verse has any resistance to it Lmao.
it barely matters since being stronger in JJK is what allows you to generally resist hax like we see in the verse 😂 Which is why Sukuna even survived HP despite its special properties.

Gojo is eating that EE attack if Sukuna was just 15F level. Straight up no scratch.

HP and Flames are two different things. I'm not ready for you spamming another paragraph, so I will wait for the Kaisen Backup translation. Machine translation already states that Sukuna couldn't use the flames because continuously changing Domain Expansion barriers reduced its power, not that it initially lacked the power to kill Gojo.
Ye it wasn't significant enough to do anything to gojo. all it would do is just cause second degree burns.

hard disagree on one simple fact

THESE ARE LEAKS YOU CAN'T EVEN READ YOU SILLY SILLY MAN!

I mean really everyone keeps doing the same thing over and over: "this chapter sucks" translations come out* oh actually its pretty good.

Like I am genuinely tired of this commnuity doing the same thing over and over again, its like reading a history book and seeing that people really don't bloody learn from the past one bit.
Bro most people when they read leaks they just go hating on it. This is no different 😂
Tell em to do that with any other series that has leaks and mid TL and you'll see mostly the same negative reactions

Back