• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

"Anyway, it should be okay. We're the strongest, that's why master Tengen asked for us" [chapter 66] please explain how me interpreting from this that they were chosen for their strength is "agenda-based"?
They don’t know that though

All they know is what Yaga told them, and he didn’t say that

So all of jujutsu society is "unknown, featless grade 1s"?
Yeah, basically

"so you're the famous Gojo Satoru? I've heard your strong" [chapter 66] yet I'm just ASSUMING his popularity is about strength? Do you have any basis to say otherwise or is this just contrived scepticism?
You can’t deduce an exact power level from that though

Toji died the same day Gojo awakened, so if Naoya is thinking back to a time where Gojo and Toji mutually existed as peaks of the jujutsu world it's clearly going to be his pre-awakened state.
You’re assuming that though, we don’t know why he thought about Gojo when he was a Teen. Toji never looked like he did in the flashbacks

The Toji in Naoya’s flashbacks is Toji Zen’in from when Naoya was a kid. The Gojo from the flashbacks is just genetically what Gojo looked like as a student.

There’s no way to prove it’s him taking about them how they were at the same time.

Point is, Toji dogs on a healthy Gojo

That's not comparable. Mahito ran several meters to cross the distance which gave Todo time to react, with Todo being on-guard the entire time, Gojo reacted AS the sword was going through his body. I.e. in the time it takes Toji's arm to extend from the outer layers of Gojo's skin to his heart or lungs Gojo channelled his CE through his body from an off-guard position
Todo hadn’t been hit by the black flash yet. You’re assuming this to wank Gojo very clearly

Notice how I never said anything like this? I said he turned 180 degrees... because he made a complete U-turn... which is 180 degrees... but yea, I have a bad habit of exaggerating things!
You hype things up with your language and way of describing things to hype up characters. Someone moves 1.001x faster than another person? “Blitzed!!”

Someone damaged another person hard? “One shot!!!”

Here's a fun scenario; instead of weakened Sukuna, what would happen if Kashimo and everyone else who entered the battle after him tried to jump Gojo instead. Could a post-Sukuna battle Gojo fight them all off?
Uh no lost arms and the like? He's just murdering them no issue, unlike Sukuna he suffers no wounds, has recovered his output far beyond what post gojo fight Sukuna did, has learned a superior way of using rct, BF strengthened him etc.
Not to mention his far superior combat skills and just how blue and red easily counters them all.
He's straight up murdering them no diff genuinely. We saw how fast Sukuna was when racing against Choso. Everybody there literally failed to react. Maki and Yuta would be better off but would most likely be blitzed easily too lol. And that's despite all the nerfs he suffered and now the students are gonna fight gojo who's far far stronger than that Sukuna? Rip em..

There's a limit of two times per person

Yuji: Kusakabe (CE manip & Barrier Tech), Shoko (RCT)

Yuta: IDK (possibly Kirara and Hakari)

Miwa: NO ONE SHES HER (pointless)

Hakari: IDK

Maki: NO ONE SHES HER (pointless)

Ino: IDK (He's always been him)

Choso: Kusakabe (how tf is he doing it?)

Hope this body switching leads to why they win (Hakari and Uraume died after Uraume put Hakari in a popsicle)
Yuji: Kusakabe of course but Noritoshi is a good candidate as well for better blood manipulation understanding. Though more likely Yuta or Choso could work out as well since they can also pass on general skills and not just RCT like Shoko would.
Yuta: Hakari for sure, the new domain stuff and the moving of his barrier in the same way Hakari did for his fight I think makes him an obvious pick. And Yuji could work for an angle of helping both better realize Shrine when both gets their hands on it since Yuta probably unlocked Shrine ahead of Yuji during the timeskip.

They don’t know that though

All they know is what Yaga told them, and he didn’t say that
That's what we saw of the scene, they could have additional interactions or unspoken implications, either way we have a statement within the series of this being the reason. Denying that with no basis is peak "agenda-based" scaling.
Yeah, basically
Then you're wrong, and I demonstrated why you're wrong in my post when discussing why Naobito is so impressive.
You can’t deduce an exact power level from that though
From what? We don't know how precise or detailed the rumours about him are, all we know is his strength is known to a degree.
You’re assuming that though, we don’t know why he thought about Gojo when he was a Teen. Toji never looked like he did in the flashbacks

The Toji in Naoya’s flashbacks is Toji Zen’in from when Naoya was a kid. The Gojo from the flashbacks is just genetically what Gojo looked like as a student.
Naoya is envisioning them standing TOGETHER at the peak of jujutsu society, the onus is on you to say he's not thinking of the several years Toji and Gojo co-existed but instead of the hyper specific time frame of Gojo in his final year as a student vs a decade older Toji.
Todo hadn’t been hit by the black flash yet. You’re assuming this to wank Gojo very clearly
What exactly are you saying here, because nothing in my response rests upon the premise that Todo has experience being hit by the black flash. Todo was on-guard and had time to react to Mahito charging at him from his front, Gojo was off-guard getting sneaked from behind from mere inches away. Completely different scenarios.
You hype things up with your language and way of describing things to hype up characters. Someone moves 1.001x faster than another person? “Blitzed!!”

Someone damaged another person hard? “One shot!!!”
When have I ever done this? Because you think Naoya landing a hit on Maki whilst she blocks and parries his strikes before knocking him out with her first and only attempt at an attack is him "badly blitzing" her lmfaoooo, or like how you think Yuki punching through Kenjaku's arms means she can punch through the chest of anyone in the verse, or like how you think Naobito being the fastest in 2018 must mean he was the fastest in 2006 and therefore capping Geto with no basis, or how you think Naoya would blitz Toji despite his entire life goal being to reach Toji's level, I could honestly go on. If you want to pivot away from a conversation by attacking the credibility of your opponent, at least come up with accusations that don't amount to self-projection (or, preferably, grow up and learn to have a good faith dialogue instead of these petty attacks on my credibility).

image0.jpg

That's what we saw of the scene, they could have additional interactions or unspoken implications, either way we have a statement within the series of this being the reason. Denying that with no basis is peak "agenda-based" scaling.

Then you're wrong, and I demonstrated why you're wrong in my post when discussing why Naobito is so impressive.

From what? We don't know how precise or detailed the rumours about him are, all we know is his strength is known to a degree.

Naoya is envisioning them standing TOGETHER at the peak of jujutsu society, the onus is on you to say he's not thinking of the several years Toji and Gojo co-existed but instead of the hyper specific time frame of Gojo in his final year as a student vs a decade older Toji.

What exactly are you saying here, because nothing in my response rests upon the premise that Todo has experience being hit by the black flash. Todo was on-guard and had time to react to Mahito charging at him from his front, Gojo was off-guard getting sneaked from behind from mere inches away. Completely different scenarios.

When have I ever done this? Because you think Naoya landing a hit on Maki whilst she blocks and parries his strikes before knocking him out with her first and only attempt at an attack is him "badly blitzing" her lmfaoooo, or like how you think Yuki punching through Kenjaku's arms means she can punch through the chest of anyone in the verse, or like how you think Naobito being the fastest in 2018 must mean he was the fastest in 2006 and therefore capping Geto with no basis, or how you think Naoya would blitz Toji despite his entire life goal being to reach Toji's level, I could honestly go on. If you want to pivot away from a conversation by attacking the credibility of your opponent, at least come up with accusations that don't amount to self-projection (or, preferably, grow up and learn to have a good faith dialogue instead of these petty attacks on my credibility).
W cooking.

So.... is there anybody that, still believes or thinks Yuji got #1 talent or 3 after allat revealing from the manga about how they cheated and Kusakabe's statement?
👀

Current Choso Vs Shinjuku Higuruma

Who yall think that wins
Probably Higurama. Choso doesn't have a lot of crimes to draw on, so getting the death penalty feels pretty easy for Higurama and losing access to his CT would leave Choso with just pure hands and CE. Not good odds when someone is swinging an instakill sword at you.

There's no sure hit to nullify with Higurama's domain is the thing. We saw what something like Simple Domain does in a domain that doesn't have a sure-hit, and that's kinda nothing. It doesn't nullify any other conditions of the domain or CT within it, the best it would do is weaken some of their effects like how we see Kusakabe can do with his SD.

There's no sure hit to nullify with Higurama's domain is the thing. We saw what something like Simple Domain does in a domain that doesn't have a sure-hit, and that's kinda nothing. It doesn't nullify any other conditions of the domain or CT within it, the best it would do is weaken some of their effects like how we see Kusakabe can do with his SD.

Higurumas sure hit is the non violence rule

BTW why is Higuruma regarded so high in the pecking order? I don't remember much of anything he did that was relevant besides having potential comparable to Gojo

BTW why is Higuruma regarded so high in the pecking order? I don't remember much of anything he did that was relevant besides having potential comparable to Gojo
In less than a month he became a Grade 1 Sorcerer, learned RCT and Simple Domain just by looking at both. Strong Domain Expansion that will make all of the Grade 1s vulnerable against him.

In less than a month he became a Grade 1 Sorcerer, learned RCT and Simple Domain just by looking at both. Strong Domain Expansion that will make all of the Grade 1s vulnerable against him.
Domain Amplification

Though he could certainly use Simple Domain if he tried

Gojo after the Sukuna fight (unlimited purple) would still easily squadwipe if Kashimo, then Yuji and Higuruma, then Choso, Kusakabe, and Ino, then Maki, then Miguel and Larue jumped him because he’s him. Not having his CT for like three minutes isn’t going to finish him lol

Higuruma was the only reason I got into the JJK manga, lmao.
I thought he was an amazing character, too. I swear, his intro chapter was freaking awesome. I was so engrossed in his story and background that I almost forgot it was a JJK chapter. I'd honestly be fine reading a manga series depicting his life as a lawyer and the moments where he experienced the greatest pain and disillusionment toward the justice system.

Its official name is "Divine Flames".
If by "official" you mean John Werry, then I'm automatically inclined to take the opposite view.

竈 / Kamino = Hearth, Stove or Furnace.

... but Kami = God and Honō = Flame.

I think Furnace works better but it can be translated both ways, we will only know for sure when we get context of the nature of Sukuna's CT tbh. For example, if it gets revealed that Sukuna's CT is a cooking one or something like that, then Furnance would be the way to go.

No it isn't. Higurama's domain just doesn't have a sure-hit attack because it's an old style domain.

Tengen literally says that traditional Domain Expansions were, indeed, imbued with sure-hit effects,—i.e., a Cursed Technique being embedded within the Barriers,—just not deadly ones.

その理由として現在の領域に多い「必中必殺」の「必殺」の部分を省いていたからだ = "The reason for this is that the "sure-to-kill" part of "sure-to-hit, sure-to-kill'', which is common in modern Domains, was omitted."

If by "official" you mean John Werry, then I'm automatically inclined to take the opposite view.

竈 / Kamino = Hearth, Stove or Furnace.

... but Kami = God and Honō = Flame.

I think Furnace works better but it can be translated both ways, we will only know for sure when we get context of the nature of Sukuna's CT tbh. For example, if it gets revealed that Sukuna's CT is a cooking one or something like that, then Furnance would be the way to go.
Isn’t Furnace just a chant like Fuga/Kai is? Sukuna was just chanting to use the Flames and people thought it was the name. “Furnace, Open” or “Open Fire” as I’ve seen.

Back