• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Kinda curious, what would the soul strikes do? We've only seen the soul strikes actually being applied against two opponents: Mahito and Sukuna. Mahito just got dealt regular damage since the outline of his soul is being attacked, and Sukuna's synchronization with Megumi's cursed energy was interrupted, but it was never outright stated that Sukuna's soul was damaged. Or maybe it was because Itadori knew specifically where to target the soul in that instance. So like would any regular opponents have their bodies twisted into odd shapes? Would their physical appearance change the way they do whenever Mahito uses idle transfiguration? It's also not an in-character move for Itadori to use. Cuz he's a good guy, I don't think he wants to cause damage to anyone's soul unless he absolutely needs to attack the soul to win.
Yuji punched specifically at certain parts of their souls

Formerly being a Vessel, Yuji can perceive the shape of the soul itself and directly interact with said shape.

Because the body's form is based upon the shape of the soul, Mahito can negate all conventional physical damage and reinforcing and maintaining the original shape of the soul, effectively rendering any attacks inflicted upon the body void; as Ui Ui further explained, the body is a box, and the soul is its contents, and with Idle Tranfiguration, Mahito can essentially buff out any injuries from the inside of said box, like blowing into a crumpled up water bottle to restore its form. By targeting the soul, Yuji inflicts direct damage onto Mahito that cannot be defended against or repaired as easily.

Mahito is a single entity, though.

Sukuna is an Incarnation and currently inhabits the body of Megumi, whom he merged with, co-existing with Megumi's soul in a fusionism. Being capable of perceiving and interacting with the soul has granted Yuji the ability to see the boundary placed between Sukuna and Megumi's soul and disturb said gap, which disrupts Sukuna's submersion of Megumi's body, returning control, ever so slightly.

To maintain control over Megumi's body, Sukuna placed Megumi's soul at a distance, preventing him from interfering, but Yuji is trying to shatter that distance and draw Megumi's influence back onto the surface. It's like shaking a soda can to try to get the little metal thing out.

Why didnt yuji just hit the ******* soul and kill sukuna? whats even the point of separating those two? if bro can chose the target than just kill the ******* enemy

I'm glad that there are credible, well-established reasons for Yuji's monumental growth in these recent chapters. It's not that he's the chosen one or imbued with genes of the strongest (well it sorta is but that's only a small portion). He gained all the knowledge and expertise of jujutsu techniques from being Sukuna's vessel, something alluded to by Gojo in the earliest chapters which now comes full-circle. He also ate the remaining Death Paintings, which increased his proficiency with blood manipulation and likely his overall cursed energy. And now he's able to use a simple domain, not because he just could because of plot, but because of the very same principle that was alluded to since the beginning of the story. Now with the black flashes, his potential and overall cursed energy has been increased, and while people might say that's an asspull, the black flash has been consistently explained and referenced in the story, used to help not only the protagonists, but the antagonists as well. All of these abilities and boosts in power which didn't come out of nowhere, but were subtly referenced and brought back into action.

Overall, I'm very happy with how Yuji's growing so far. He might not be at Sukuna's level or even Yuta's level yet, but I'm sure by now, he can be acknowledged as a special-grade sorcerer.
honestly JJK is a lot more consistent with power growth and actual story than 98% of all shonen

Why didnt yuji just hit the ******* soul and kill sukuna? whats even the point of separating those two? if bro can chose the target than just kill the ******* enemy
one sukuna's soul is busted per mahito's words so its unlikely that he can't just destroy it like that, two sukuna can heal it (unlike anyone else not named yuji itadori) and also destroying the soul would destroy the body and that is not exactly something yuji wants since ya know.... Megumi.

Last edited:
let the man chill with his family, he made the smart decision to not get involved in this mess
no, that fraud should be fighting on the front lines like everyone else, instead he's letting a non-clan member use his own CT better than he ever could whilst he runs off with the family who abandoned him

I'm glad that there are credible, well-established reasons for Yuji's monumental growth in these recent chapters. It's not that he's the chosen one or imbued with genes of the strongest (well it sorta is but that's only a small portion). He gained all the knowledge and expertise of jujutsu techniques from being Sukuna's vessel, something alluded to by Gojo in the earliest chapters which now comes full-circle. He also ate the remaining Death Paintings, which increased his proficiency with blood manipulation and likely his overall cursed energy. And now he's able to use a simple domain, not because of plot, but because of the very same principle that was alluded to since the beginning of the story. Now with the black flashes, his potential and overall cursed energy has been increased, and while people might say that's an asspull, the black flash has been consistently explained and referenced in the story, used to help not only the protagonists, but the antagonists as well. All of these abilities and boosts in power which didn't come out of nowhere, but were subtly referenced and brought back into action.

Overall, I'm very happy with how Yuji's growing so far. He might not be at Sukuna's level or even Yuta's level yet, but I'm sure by now, he can be acknowledged as a special-grade sorcerer.
I agree. Which is why I still think Yuji will be the one to overcome the odds and defeat Sukuna despite how bad things are right now.

I would be sad if Yuji were to actually die in the end. It be fitting but still be depressing.

I agree. Which is why I still think Yuji will be the one to overcome the odds and defeat Sukuna despite how bad things are right now.

I would be sad if Yuji were to actually die in the end. It be fitting but still be depressing.
I don't think Gege is going for the type of depression you are thinking off my friend

He is going for something far
2024-04-26_201101.png

far
2024-04-26_201024.png

far...
2024-04-26_201120.png

worse
2024-04-26_201142.png

2024-04-26_201145.png

The grading system in JJK is kinda shit when it comes to evaluating things case by case; by technicality Yuji would be a grade 1 sorcerer, by official ranking process he'd probably be lower, meanwhile he's a powerhouse with some of the best feats of jujutsu mastery with his "super special grade" levels of skill proxy of Sukuna and can confidently beat special grade sorcerers in actuality.

The grading system in JJK is kinda shit when it comes to evaluating things case by case; by technicality Yuji would be a grade 1 sorcerer, by official ranking process he'd probably be lower, meanwhile he's a powerhouse with some of the best feats of jujutsu mastery with his "super special grade" levels of skill proxy of Sukuna and can confidently beat special grade sorcerers in actuality.
I'm pretty sure Special Grades just need to be able to topple all of Jujutsu Society solo (not counting other Special Grades) and also soloing Japan's military, hence why Fraudto is there...

I don't actually think Yuji would be ranked lower, in fact, he'd probably get an inflated ranking because the issue higher ups have with Yuji isn't the same as Maki or Hakari where their low rankings come purely from politics. They view Yuji as a monster and would love him dead and gone, so inflating his ranking so he's set to do solo work (as expected of Grade 1s) would help kill him sooner actually. That said, without the knowledge of what Kenjaku did to Yuji they would most likely classify him as a Grade 1 or Special Grade 1 after he loses Sukuna because he's still not a threat to the nation (therefore he doesn't have to be worried about like they have to every other Special Grade) but he's strong enough and well equipped to take on Special Grade Cursed Spirits with little issue at this point. That and since Grade 1 for Sorcerer's and Special Grade for Curse Spirits appear to be tiers built to have a wide spectrum its less the system is kinda shit on a case by case basis and more it was made to illustrate those most likely to be a problem for it and the higher ups in the society

Last edited:
Me personally, Kenjaku muddied up the cool unga bunga ranking

No way Yuki didn't get her ranking for anything other than hitting really, really hard
I mean to be honest you can take down a nation by just being a massive bastarding tank of a being

I mean lets just for a second imagine someone like yuji who could survive a miniature nuclear strike (and that is likely even accurate to the lore since that propeller guy who was barely grade 2 who yuji one tapped by hitting him in the hardest part of his body could flat out tank 50 cal and took multiple nades and explosives to kill) actually going up against the military of pretty much any nation, he'd ******* slaughter any land based army no issue, he can run faster than most machinery they have, he can punch hard enough to destroy tanks and heavy equipment no issue, like honestly the only issue would be air strikes and even than he can tank them and not every nation has that level of fire power. Honestly anything short of an actual nuke is not doing much and considering actual surface area of the blast unless yuji is literally point blank to a nuke he could survive most.

Anyway, anyone's interested to help me with some drafts for the top to god tiers profiles? Need someone to do 2-3 Fingers Sukuna, 15 Fingers Sukuna/Meguna and full power Meguna.

Back