• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I had to retype out my response because I lost it 🥲
ab67616d0000b273178f1d57aac1b7ea99519a7a

Yeah, I feel like even without his curse technique he would still want to be there for Yuji.
Exactly, he doesn't have to fight, I would imagine he would at least want to support Yuji and give advice and stuff like that. Like if he can't be there for him in a fight, he can still be there for him emotionally and mentally.

Unless he appears fully recovered and ready to provide the assist in the fight, then Gregory fumbled a dope character.

Like, imagine the heroes are pushed to the wall, Sukuna is right up in Yuji's face ready to body him, then we see a pair of hands clap in a panel and then BAM!! Black Flash to the face as Todo comes in to save his brother, recovered thanks to his soul being healed somehow. It's Cope I know, but damn is it some cool giga copium.

Imagine JJK if it didn't sideline characters as much as it did and had more chapters

Then again, those two probably go hand-in-hand
And it's not like Todo is some whatever character, he's a dope AF character that the fans and the MC have a bond with and is still alive, Greg could have done more with him but just... didn't. Toriyama level sideline bro...

Exactly, he doesn't have to fight, I would imagine he would at least want to support Yuji and give advice and stuff like that. Like if he can't be there for him in a fight, he can still be there for him emotionally and mentally.

Unless he appears fully recovered and ready to provide the assist in the fight, then Gregory fumbled a dope character.

Like, imagine the heroes are pushed to the wall, Sukuna is right up in Yuji's face ready to body him, then we see a pair of hands clap in a panel and then BAM!! Black Flash to the face as Todo comes in to save his brother, recovered thanks to his soul being healed somehow. It's Cope I know, but damn is it some cool giga copium.
The Todo and Choso shenanigans and bickering while Yuji in the back trying to calm them down or laughing at their shenanigans would be legendary, and by the end of the story Choso finally accepts Todo as a brother. This would be peak.

Imagine JJK if it didn't sideline characters as much as it did and had more chapters

Then again, those two probably go hand-in-hand
And it's not like Todo is some whatever character, he's a dope AF character that the fans and the MC have a bond with and is still alive, Greg could have done more with him but just... didn't. Toriyama level sideline bro...
The Todo and Choso shenanigans and bickering while Yuji in the back trying to calm them down or laughing at their shenanigans would be legendary, and by the end of the story Choso finally accepts Todo as a brother. This would be peak.
It's something I both love and hate in Gege's writing. They are ruthlessly efficient in their writing that gives us a lot of peak content w/little to no fluff or needless filler. The drawback being various characters and plot points get rushed conclusions or even forgotten. I was and still am super curious by what Gojo meant when describing Hanami as a "..former spirit.." Are there supernatural entities that exist outside of cursed energy/jujutsu? Maybe there made still related but formed from positive energy but than became corrupted? Could this lead to a faction of sorcerers that focus their abilities mostly/solely through positive energy?

To be fair, I need to remind myself that this is Gege's story so they can do what they want w/it. I do find that everything has been truly near perfection (like consistent 9/10 for me).

Still, I would definitely have loved to see more of what this world offers. I wish we got more of the characters like Junpei, Nanami, the Kyoto students, Todo etc. Todo does particularly sting not only for being such a dope dude but the main story implying he'll be back after working on developing his skills given his current condition only to never show up be heard from again. Then the light novel revealing what happened (granted, I didn't read it but heard from someone) just feels insane, even for Todo.

JJK scalers try not to argue with actual Buddhists about using Buddhism in powerscaling challenge: impossible.

That shit was so wild to me 🗿
do you not remember when sukuna made a fingergun and we got 30 chapters of Baki-esque exposition where Gojo recounted the entire history of Buddhism in the JJK universe and how it relates to sorcery's abilities out loud?
did we read the same manga?

Pretty much some fans tries to upgrade the verse with Buddhism since Gege loves to take the religion as reference for a lot of things. But some people take this too literal and end up with things like "The void that separates the soul to the reality", something that is too speculative and uses more headcanon than actual canon
I mean the whole argument falls apart when JJK explicitly states that characters have souls which is a huge contradiction to all of Buddhism

... What. Context, please.
This was deceptive framing of the Buddha's word to sully the waters and I take particular offense that you're using it against myself, a Buddhist.
Literally an argument where a mfing JJK powerscaler is trying to “correct” an actual Buddhist about the teachings of the religion they study.

Like they be pulling out all the quotes and literature because they’re trying to correct actual misinformation about their religion.

Wild the audacity JJK scalers have to be perfectly honest. Mfers will literally be explained in depth about how they’re misunderstanding a religion by a religious person themselves and still try to argue against them for the sake of vs wiki scaling.

Smfh 🗿

Literally an argument where a mfing JJK powerscaler is trying to “correct” an actual Buddhist about the teachings of the religion they study.

Like they be pulling out all the quotes and literature because they’re trying to correct actual misinformation about their religion.

Wild the audacity JJK scalers have to be perfectly honest. Mfers will literally be explained in depth about how they’re misunderstanding a religion by a religious person themselves and still try to argue against them for the sake of vs wiki scaling.

Smfh 🗿
I want to scrunch up that CRT and dunk it into a trash can

I think you guys mean PariNirvana, Para Nirvana doesn’t exist.

PariNirvana just means Nirvana after Death.

When one becomes enlightened, they retain their physical form, they simply won’t reincarnate anymore.

So, PariNirvana isn’t so much a state or a place or anything like that. It’s more so an event, like a funeral of a Buddha, but it’s considered a good and wonderful thing.

I think you guys mean PariNirvana, Para Nirvana doesn’t exist.

PariNirvana just means Nirvana after Death.

When one becomes enlightened, they retain their physical form, they simply won’t reincarnate anymore.

So, PariNirvana isn’t so much a state or a place or anything like that. It’s more so an event, like a funeral of a Buddha, but it’s considered a good and wonderful thing.
Learned something new today. Thanks for teaching that fact, Udl.

Back