• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

It's genuine work by Gege himself.
It directly gives info and sheds new light on unexplored detail in the main series.
Almost nothing contradictory stated.
Everything within it relating to the Series in question.

It's Canon
Alright, let's say if nothing contradicts, can you pull out the evidence from the main story on this claim?
Unrelated to that "Special Grade 1" is an Unofficial form of Grade 1, it does not denote superiority to the common Grade 1 Sorcerer rank, this is said in Fanbook

Because it never stated to be canon, and it's been stated to be a book for fans? And it is also being stated it is his own personal opinion and all answers are "I think; I interpret it" – personal sentences?

It is like author creating a fandom for the verse, and we should take it as “canon”, because author is being admin here?
Yes

Because it never stated to be canon,
"Because it isn't" is not an argument against, you are going to have to prove that is the case when it matches all criteria for what would be canon
and it's been stated to be a book for fans?
Is that supposed to be a defeater for canonicity?
It's supplementary content for the readers
And it is also being stated it is his own personal opinion
The personal opinion thing has to do with his understanding of KNY and WT Fanbooks, not this.

and all answers are "I think; I interpret it" – personal sentences?

False, most answers in the book are straightforward but there's uncertainty with some yet they are still likely answers

Stop the Disingenuity
It is like author creating a fandom for the verse, and we should take it as “canon”, because author is being admin here?

The only thing that is being accepted as "canon" is databook, and not fanbook.
Straight up Nominal Fallacy, its name as a Fanbook doesn't discredit it from being as canon as a Databook

False, most answers in the book are straightforward but there's uncertainty with some yet they are still likely answers

Stop the Disingenuity
Hmm, let me pull out some respectfully, my dear friend:
I think they were Léon: The Professional, The Descent, The Host, The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On. The one that was spoiled by Gojo is Deep Blue Sea.
I think he’d probably be a firefighter…
I picture him as an omnivore, like he’ll just leave the TV on at all times and watch whenever.
The hoods are just my personal habit when I draw him.
I think there have been. At this point, Fushiguro had had a reasonably long career as a jujutsu sorcerer
I think the character was done as a set with Rika-chan first.
Should I proceed? All the responses consist of personal opinions or uncertain statements.

Straight up Nominal Fallacy, its name as a Fanbook doesn't discredit it from being as canon as a Databook
This is your claim, prove it is having the same properties as databook. As far as I am concerned, (and now that I have researched), fanbook is actually a book that is being created by fans to explain the contents of the story.

"Because it isn't" is not an argument against, you are going to have to prove that is the case when it matches all criteria for what would be canon
Actually; it is an argument. You are claiming it is 100% canon and all his personal opinions should be considered as “canon” because he is the author. So when the author states "I personally hate this character because he is weaker", we should take this into consideration because he personally thinks so?
At the end, the author's personal interpretation is separated from the canon timeline of the said story.

Is that supposed to be a defeater for canonicity?
It's supplementary content for the readers
Ya? Something is made for fans, and never been proven to be canon to the timeline.
The personal opinion thing has to do with his understanding of KNY and WT Fanbooks, not this.
So? Why would this be canon? Explain it to me kindly. It is like when he does a powerscaling, and he personally thinks Sukana is stronger? Should we outright take this as a canon statement? He said personally, it does not indicate it is actually like that.

Was it really translated as fanbook? Or the term refers to translator's own work? Since this one looks like a regular databook.

You are just being dishonest here on purpose,
Should I proceed? All the responses consist of personal opinions or uncertain statements.
You literally said most of the answers are like that, I wonder how when you opened Yuji’s profile there and found only 3 questions out of 12, crazy right? Stop exaggerating, it's written by Gege, and most of the answers that he replied to with "I think" are unrelated to the story,
Q: What kind of occupation would Itadori have if he hadn't become a jujutsu sorcerer?
A: I think he’d probably be a firefighter…
Just like this one which u quoted only its answer to hide your dishonesty

@SunDaGamer it actually does since this one consists of Q&As and an interview with Gege Akutami and the author of Bleach, Tite Kubo. I don't think those are relevant to the timeline.

So ya, it should be carefully analyzed before applying its validity into our canonicity and consistency. I don't mind; the explanations and terminology, but his favorite character or what is his favorite part of the story is not really in our interests and its far from being considered as solid canon.

You are just being dishonest here on purpose,

You literally said most of the answers are like that, I wonder how when you opened Yuji’s profile there and found only 3 questions out of 12, crazy right? Stop exaggerating, it's written by Gege, and most of the answers that he replied to with "I think" are unrelated to the story,
My point stands; most of the answers are not “straightforward” as you claimed.

Also, ; interestingly enough (commenting on the bold message), is this not my entire premise of the discussion? I am trying to say that those are not related to the story, so to claim it is 100% canon is false statement.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Hmm, let me pull out some respectfully, my dear friend:

This is your claim, prove it is having the same properties as databook. As far as I am concerned, (and now that I have researched), fanbook is actually a book that is being created by fans to explain the contents of the story.
And these few responses debunk your false claim of "All answers" being "I think"

A: Sort of. Her grandmother is a jujutsu sorcerer, and she worked for her.

A: Okkotsu’s family members are all non-sorcerers. Yuta just awakened something long buried in his lineage.

A: That’s right. The Inumaki clan are considered outlaws in the jujutsu world, and there is a standing policy to have jujutsu sorcerers die out of the family tree. However, someone like Toge will pop up and be born once in a while.

Gege gives straight answers mostly with a mix of personal takes, that isn't "All answers".

You are FLAT WRONG
Actually; it is an argument. You are claiming it is 100% canon and all his personal opinions should be considered as “canon” because he is the author. So when the author states "I personally hate this character because he is weaker", we should take this into consideration because he personally thinks so?
It isn't an argument as that's not what the book is about it isn't just Gege's interpretations on some things, there's Straight info and Confirmation of certain things allover the Fanbook you're just not actually reading any of it
At the end, the author's personal interpretation is separated from the canon timeline of the said story.
This book isn't just Gege's "personal interpretation" this is aside from the complete content of the book
Ya? Something is made for fans, and never been proven to be canon to the timeline.
What are you talking about, the Fanbook doesn't need to be part of JJK's timeline it's not giving a separate story it's opening up on the existing story 😭
So? Why would this be canon?
Fits all criteria for Canon as I highlighted earlier and you will have to bring evidence supporting your presupposition of it being non-canon

No, they are, Yuji’s profile has 12 questions which is the first profile there
Go read it and tell me how many questions he answered with "I think"
Im ready to quote the whole profiles Q&A here just to show that you're being dishonest on purpose
I am trying to say that those are not related to the story, so to claim it is 100% canon is false.
No you are changing the subject, you literally said at the beginning that its just someone’s else interpretation as if the author’s interpretations of the story are equal to yours

In other thought; ya it is considered as official canon, and it is not exactly as databook, but consists of interviews and interpretations.
You need to be told by Reddit that it's Official for it to enter into your head lmfao?

We already told it was written by Gege Akutami or do you not know who writes JJK?
Atleast it might have been obvious somehow if you read through the Fanbook to see Gege wrote it himself

@SunDaGamer it actually does since this one consists of Q&As and an interview with Gege Akutami and the author of Bleach, Tite Kubo. I don't think those are relevant to the timeline.
So ya, it should be carefully analyzed before applying its validity into our canonicity and consistency. I don't mind; the explanations and terminology, but his favorite character or what is his favorite part of the story is not really in our interests and its far from being considered as solid canon.
We know what relevant info we are looking for in the JJK Fanbook we don't need your thoughts on what's relevant to apply

Yuji’s profile:

ITADORI YUJI
Q: What are the titles of the movies that Itadori watched during his training with Gojo?
A: I think they were Léon: The Professional, The Descent, The Host, The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On. The one that was spoiled by Gojo is Deep Blue Sea.

Q: What is the thing that Itadori will absolutely never be able to forgive?
A: Overwhelmingly sickening wickedness.

Q: Does Itadori have any friends aside from the ones at Jujutsu Tech? Is he still in touch with his friends from junior high school or his hometown?
A: He kept in touch with them without much difficulty [before], but Itadori started carrying a mobile phone after he came to Jujutsu Tech, so you can guess how it went from there.

Q: What kind of occupation would Itadori have if he hadn't become a jujutsu sorcerer?
A: I think he’d probably be a firefighter…

Q: Does he have a favorite TV show or genre?
A: I picture him as an omnivore, like he’ll just leave the TV on at all times and watch whenever.

Q: What made Itadori attracted to Jennifer Lawrence’s butt and height? Please tell us in which movie he first saw her.
A: Silver Linings Playbook.

Q: Is he the type to do school assignments or holiday homework properly?
A: He’s the type to do it the day before. He’s the type to do it late but will always properly submit his work.

Q: What happened in his hometown that led to Itadori being called “The Tiger of West Junior High”?
A: I haven’t thought about it but it must be the kind of thing where someone tried to pay him to get in a revenge brawl and he helped save someone instead, and it led to a wild series of exaggerated rumors about him beating up a delinquent.

Q: If Itadori and Todo were not jujutsu sorcerers but were in the same junior high school, would they have become good friends?
A: I’m sure they’d be able to find something they like about each other.

Q: How did Itadori feel when Ozawa Yuko asked him to take a picture at the graduation ceremony?
A: “Sure, a photo right? Gotcha.”

Q: Itadori seems to have many clothes with hoods, but do you have any particular character designs for him?
A: Nothing in particular. The hoods are just my personal habit when I draw him.

Q: You once mentioned you don’t really like Itadori. Why choose a character you have difficulty with as the protagonist?
A: It’s not that I hate him, it’s just that I’m not good at handling him. I’ll work hard on that so I'm not bad at it anymore. I’m in the process of chipping away at it, rather than actively choosing to do so.
12 ******* questions were answered and only 2 with "I think", one of them is "What if this character wasn't like that" which is completely irrelevant but he answers it for the fans, while the other one is about which movies did Yuji watch with Gojo, and you are here saying that most of answers are like that and since he answered a question that's unrelated to the story, then his interpretations of the manga scenes are invalid and we should treat them similar to how we treat any fan interpretations.

You even quoted this question to claim that it's just personal views and isn't reliable when he was ******* describing how he likes to draw the characters

Q: Itadori seems to have many clothes with hoods, but do you have any particular character designs for him?
A: Nothing in particular. The hoods are just my personal habit when I draw him.

The dishonesty is crazy.

@Shey @SunDaGamer Aside from the hostility you are adding to the discussion (which I will be great, and still respect you both and be nice)

The claim was simple:
all answers are straightforwards.
I disagreed since not all answers are straightforward, and I pulled out evidence of some instances are found there.

We know what relevant info we are looking for in the JJK Fanbook we don't need your thoughts on what's relevant to apply
This was not the intention. Someone here claimed it is 100% canon, which in fact, it is not. As you now stated and previously.

We already told it was written by Gege Akutami or do you not know who writes JJK?
And in fact, it has also some unrelated interviews and discussions. It is only canon when it comes to questions that are not cleared up in the story.

Btw Among Ten Shadows technique still one Technique (Shinigami) is not revealed right?
@YukaSama4
It's not revealed to us, yes, however, Megumi said only Mahoraga wasn't exorcised so he knows about it as well as Gojo probably since he knew about Maho and he said that usually the secrets of inherited CTs of the big 3 families get exposed, and obviously Sukuna knows as well.

At first, I thought that the dogs are 2 separate shikigamis but Shey told me that Gege treated them as a one shikigami in the fanbook which I found later when he was explaining the CT he said something like "first shadow/shikigami: demon dogs"

It's not revealed to us, yes, however, Megumi said only Mahoraga wasn't exorcised so he knows about it as well as Gojo probably since he knew about Maho and he said that usually the secrets of inherited CTs of the big 3 families get exposed, and obviously Sukuna knows as well.

At first, I thought that the dogs are 2 separate shikigamis but Shey told me that Gege treated them as a one shikigami in the fanbook which I found later when he was explaining the CT he said something like "first shadow/shikigami: demon dogs"
Yeah Megumi tamed 6
Sukuna tamed 3
I am really curious about the last one remaining and it's ability

And in fact, it has also some unrelated interviews and discussions. It is only canon when it comes to questions that are not cleared up in the story.
Dude this is a powerscalling forum, ofc Nobody is going to make a thread on which movies Gojo gave to Yuji, and then people will be like "Oh I think he watched Scream" "No idiot look what Gege said" Then a mod will come and say "this is fine and can be added to the profiles"

We will only use info that helps in powerscalling, which u said that its just an interpretations that are invalid, and that's the point of the discussion

@Shey @SunDaGamer Aside from the hostility you are adding to the discussion (which I will be great, and still respect you both and be nice)

The claim was simple:

I disagreed since not all answers are straightforward, and I pulled out evidence of some instances are found there.
And your exact words were "All answers" were uncertain, which was flat out incorrect
This was not the intention. Someone here claimed it is 100% canon, which in fact, it is not. As you now stated and previously.

Your current stance is a strawman, I said the Fanbook is canon, wether or not some exclusive or select content adds nothing to the story does not make it any less canon, there is no issue with it deviating from just talking about seldom the Story itself as that was never its designated purpose it addresses the Manga series and contains extra content such as interviews and Gege's personal views.
Shedding light and adding additional info on JJK itself is just its main purpose and that information is what makes it Canon material

I said the Fanbook is canon, wether or not some exclusive or select content adds nothing to the story does not make it any less canon,
It actually makes it as a secondary canon, which is false. It is not “canon” as our standards define it, it is a secondary canon, where I later concluded it after I found out the reddit and imgur.

So regardless of how you define canon in your own, I was the whole time talking about how we define its canonicity according to our standards.
there is no issue with it deviating from just talking about seldom the Story itself as that was never its designated purpose it address the Manga series and contains extra content such as interviews and Gege's personal views.
Which is actually my point? Claiming it is 100% canon and later on, we found out it contains irrelevant contents disproves "100% canon".

Yeah Megumi tamed 6
Sukuna tamed 3
I am really curious about the last one remaining and it's ability
Well, I don't think it will be something more impressive than Mahoraga because it's stated that Mahoraga is the only shadow that no user could tame it, which indicates that it's the strongest, maybe Gege even forgot about the last one lol.

This is my point. But you were being hostile to the point you ignored it. Also, I said “all responses” to the one I quoted in the other post which in fact, it does not even matter, since your claim was 100% canon and all answers are straightforward; I disagreed with it.

Where is here “dishonestly”? Because I picked from some profile? How does this refute my original point? I can do now a bigger research and pull out each personal/uncertain statement and my point will still stand, you are focusing on quantity while I am focusing on my point.

Next time, try be rational instead of being hostile and toxic here.

It actually makes it as a secondary canon, which is false. It is not “canon” as our standards define it, it is a secondary canon, where I later concluded it after I found out the reddit and imgur.

So regardless of how you define canon in your own, I was the whole time talking about how we define its canonicity according to our standards.

Which is actually my point? Claiming it is 100% canon and later on, we found out it contains irrelevant contents disproves "100% canon".
Strawman, Who the heck said "100% canon" and why is that relavant.

The level of Canonicity was not the original topic, it was wether or not it was Canon or Not and it perfectly fits into "our standards" yes and all this sparked from you saying "So it's not canon"

This is my point. But you were being hostile to the point you ignored it. Also, I said “all responses” to the one I quoted in the other post.
...That just doesn't change anything, It doesn't matter if u said it to Shey, me, your classmates, or your neighbors "All the answers in JJK fanbook are I think and I interpret" is wrong and then you switched to "Most answers" which is also wrong as we've already proven

Where is here “dishonestly”? Because I picked from some profile? How does this refute my original point? I can do now a bigger research and pull out each personal/uncertain statement and my point will still stand, you are focusing on quantity while I am focusing on my point
Your point is based on quantity, if it wasn't you could've said "A few questions were answered by that", but you did on purpose exaggerate by saying "all of the answers" and "most of the answers" just to hype your argument when in fact, you were just inflating an empty balloon

Strawman, Who the heck said "100% canon" and why is that relavant.
Actually, someone has edited because I even implied it in my first previous post, but I will move on with this, but I remembered for a fact, that someone claimed it as that, but the post is deleted. Either way, canon refers to "first canonicity". You could have been precise with your definition.

The level of Canonicity was not the original topic, it was wether or not it was Canon or Not and it perfectly fits into "our standards" yes and all this sparked from you saying "So it's not canon"
Actually, it does, when we discuss within the realms of the standards here, when you claimed it is canon, the less assumption I take from this impression is “first canonicity”. The levels are for sure relevant.

Before or after you switched up? Because you're really strawmanning that imaginary 100% canon claim
Switched up with? Because I only changed my mind after looking at the original fanbook.
No that is false, that message came after you claimed that All of his answers were of uncertainty
"All of his answers were of uncertainty" implies the ones I mentioned.

Your point is based on quantity, if it wasn't you could've said "A few questions were answered by that", but you did on purpose exaggerate by saying "all of the answers" and "most of the answers" just to hype your argument when in fact, you were just inflating an empty balloon
Actually no. It's based on a fact, that it is not a first canonicity. And I did say most of the answers are like that.

Actually, someone has edited because I even implied it in my first previous post, but I will move on with this, but I remembered for a fact, that someone claimed it as that, but the post is deleted.
Yeah, sure, right
Either way, canon refers to "first canonicity". You could have been precise with your definition.

Actually, it does, when we discuss within the realms of the standards here, when you claimed it is canon, the less assumption I take from this impression is “first canonicity”. The levels are for sure relevant.
I am not to blame for you taking my words under a different meaning from my own intention, the original topic was STATE OF CANONICITY not LEVEL OF CANONICITY, all this talk about First canonicity or second is irrelevant to this
Switched up with? Because I only changed my mind after looking at the original fanbook.
You switched up your argument from State of Canonicity and begun to strawman the point of Level of Canonicity and press on about someone that didn't exist claiming 100% canonicity of the content within the book.

"All of his answers were of uncertainty" implies the ones I mentioned.
You are still being dishonest
And it is also being stated it is his own personal opinion and all answers are "I think; I interpret it" – personal sentences?
This isn't in reference to any prior message of yours

Last edited:
Back