• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I don’t think it’s insane to think he beats these 3 characters, it’s just that his discussion is with them and not with someone like Kenjaku or Yuta.

Not saying he’s not close to them, it’s just that he has more chances to beat Maki, Hakari and Kashimo than he has against Kenjaku, Yuta or Yuki (who’s massively underrated)

Kashimo is one I can agree with cause Yuji directly counters him. Tho his lightning would definitely pose a problem.
Maki I'm 50/50 and Hakari I just can't see him being put down especially with him being able to keep Uraume busy for so long

I don’t think it’s insane to think he beats these 3 characters, it’s just that his discussion is with them and not with someone like Kenjaku or Yuta.

Not saying he’s not close to them, it’s just that he has more chances to beat Maki, Hakari and Kashimo than he has against Kenjaku, Yuta or Yuki (who’s massively underrated)
I would argue that the gap between someone like Yuta and Kenjaku is far larger than the gap between Yuji and Yuta. At least current Yuji.

And I'm talking less about matchup here and more about general ability/capabilties. Because off of Matchups, Yuta is straight up three or four numbered sorcerer. Having Angel's techinque and Rika just allows him to dominate in a way that even people who should outdo him in terms of AP (Like Yuki) or in Barrier Techinque (like Kenjaku) just have no real strong counterplay around.

But when you think about skill and power for a sorcerer, the only special grade who goes below Yuta is Geto and that's only because he doesn't have his own domain as Geto gets to have that same level of versatility and power that Yuta has through curse spirit manipulation.

But if the ranking is about just power and skill, Yuta does drop out of Top 5. Takaba, Yuki, and Kenjaku all take place as higher on that totem pole for reasons that are pretty clear.

And from there, it really is Yuji and Yuta right next to each other. And the best way I think to look at it isn't that Yuji is that insane right now, but that Yuta isn't actually that crazy when you pull back and look at him. Because there is honestly a discussion to be had about how well Yuta does against Maki, Hakari, and Kashimo as well. These three edge Yuta similarily to how Yuji does.

I mean, of course the guy whose ability if to Copy more abilities and have a massive bag wouldn’t be in the top 5 for power. It’s not his main thing.

If I decide to make a top 5 based on physical strength Kenjaku probably wouldn’t make it.

A top 5 most skilled fighters, Maki would probably be top 2 or 3.

Each character excels in their area, but if we make a rank based on every capability then maybe the most skilled fighter would drop to 10th or a physically weak guy would go directly to top 3.

So I don’t really understand your point.

Having Angel's techinque and Rika just allows him to dominate in a way that even people who should outdo him in terms of AP (Like Yuki) or in Barrier Techinque (like Kenjaku) just have no real strong counterplay around.
I'm not trying to start a debate about who wins or loses, but I just wanted to say something about this specific topic.

Inside the Domain, it's crazy targetting specific target with sure hit. Outside, he would get Rika caught in it if he tried to use Jump Kaisen and Angel's CT. Not to mention, Angel's CT pretty much only nullifies CTs and is more effective against people who are reincarnated. So I definitely don't see it having any big impact on modern day Spencers like Yuki.

But you might be spot on about Kenny. I’m not sure because he's a brain, and his CT might be active due to him body-hopping. So Angel CT might null it?

It’s more effective on them sure, but if a Jacob’s Ladder is used to kill then it’s gonna erase your CT completely.

Like, I think some can fight without their CT like Sukuna but Yuki aint him.

It’s more effective on them sure, but if a Jacob’s Ladder is used to kill then it’s gonna erase your CT completely.
It erases the CT untill light falls upon them. They can still move physically though.
Like, I think some can fight without their CT like Sukuna but Yuki aint him.
She doesn't need to be Sukuna. Angel CT so far only nulls until light falls upon the techniques.

I would argue that the gap between someone like Yuta and Kenjaku is far larger than the gap between Yuji and Yuta. At least current Yuji.

And I'm talking less about matchup here and more about general ability/capabilties. Because off of Matchups, Yuta is straight up three or four numbered sorcerer. Having Angel's techinque and Rika just allows him to dominate in a way that even people who should outdo him in terms of AP (Like Yuki) or in Barrier Techinque (like Kenjaku) just have no real strong counterplay around.

But when you think about skill and power for a sorcerer, the only special grade who goes below Yuta is Geto and that's only because he doesn't have his own domain as Geto gets to have that same level of versatility and power that Yuta has through curse spirit manipulation.

But if the ranking is about just power and skill, Yuta does drop out of Top 5. Takaba, Yuki, and Kenjaku all take place as higher on that totem pole for reasons that are pretty clear.

And from there, it really is Yuji and Yuta right next to each other. And the best way I think to look at it isn't that Yuji is that insane right now, but that Yuta isn't actually that crazy when you pull back and look at him. Because there is honestly a discussion to be had about how well Yuta does against Maki, Hakari, and Kashimo as well. These three edge Yuta similarily to how Yuji does.
I mean, of course the guy whose ability if to Copy more abilities and have a massive bag wouldn’t be in the top 5 for power. It’s not his main thing.

If I decide to make a top 5 based on physical strength Kenjaku probably wouldn’t make it.

A top 5 most skilled fighters, Maki would probably be top 2 or 3.

Each character excels in their area, but if we make a rank based on every capability then maybe the most skilled fighter would drop to 10th or a physically weak guy would go directly to top 3.

So I don’t really understand your point.
If it's power and skill I personally don't think Yuta falls far at all

Isn't the normal totem pole heavy on power and skill for the characters that people care about anyway? Kenjaku is so known for being skilled that some people find it hard to believe Yuta can take him on despite both being versatility monsters

The last feat is already on his profile, but the first could be added.
Seems like Sukuna having his own way of recovering burn out is mistranslation from Werry. There is no such statements in TCB.
5-odLyCd01VXu7f.png

Though I believe Kenjaku had his own variation for this. His words sounds like he was going to recover CT burnout by himself.
15-Zb3qz-Et0sdfm-m.jpg

Seems like Sukuna having his own way of recovering burn out is mistranslation from Werry. There is no such statements in TCB.
5-odLyCd01VXu7f.png

Though I believe Kenjaku had his own variation for this. His words sounds like he was going to recover CT burnout by himself.
15-Zb3qz-Et0sdfm-m.jpg
Just read the chapter on Viz. I don't think it was mistranslated, just really poorly worded to make it seem like Sukuna has his own method

As for the Kenjaku thing, I think that's just him saying he'll capitalize on the time she's using to heal as time for his CT to naturally recover since the longer she heals, the more time he gets to recover the CT without her in the fight

Low-hanging fruit, but there is no defending this translation
Yeah most other poor Werry translations I can at least somewhat understand/defend, even the moment after the fire arrow where Yuji does something similar I can defend since he's in a moment of shock and trying to grasp his situation. Here wtf is he even pausing to think for

Back