• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I mean its not like the story is bad, its still legit one of the best (if not the best) of the new shonens right now and if it makes the landing with the ending we are looking at one of the all time greats (and considering that we're here every weak for leaks we can't even read I am sure most of you would agree)

although with more chapters it could've been legit one of the top 5 of all time.
Nah I definitely disagree. JJK doesn't have that cast that everyone talks about, it doesn't have the story that Naruto, Bleach, OP, AOT, Fairy Tail, TG, Jojo, DBZ have. It's missing the journey factor I feel like and that is what pulls in the long term fandoms, the simple fact we can talk about those stories as there's just so much going on. JJK's story is short, its compact and everything happened within just 6 months.

What we're seeing right now is a hit manga that blew up in a time where there weren't many big new gens making noise is what it feels like. In JJK's early time there wasn't much else around besides Hell's Paradise, Chainsaw Man, and Mashle iirc and look where those series are now, Hell's Paradise anime makes no noise even though its getting a S2, Mashle ended, at least Csm still is ongoing. Then two years later til we got Kaiju 8, Undead Unluck, Sakamoto Days, Dandadan and right now once JJK ends it'll be those that shine. JJK seems like a mini KNY and probably will get overshadowed by the next big thing in five years, but the anime will definitely make it resurge in the anime community just due to nostalgia from the manga readers and the hype we had during reading.

we are looking at one of the all time greats
Not in a million years
While I find the show entertaining and all and find the memes and such hilarious it wouldn't be anywhere near all time great objectively speaking

You'll have to see how it hold ups in terms of story and quality as well as the ending

Nah I definitely disagree. JJK doesn't have that cast that everyone talks about, it doesn't have the story that Naruto, Bleach, OP, AOT, Fairy Tail, TG, Jojo, DBZ have. It's missing the journey factor I feel like and that is what pulls in the long term fandoms, the simple fact we can talk about those stories as there's just so much going on. JJK's story is short, its compact and everything happened within just 6 months.

What we're seeing right now is a hit manga that blew up in a time where there weren't many big new gens making noise is what it feels like. In JJK's early time there wasn't much else around besides Hell's Paradise, Chainsaw Man, and Mashle iirc and look where those series are now, Hell's Paradise anime makes no noise even though its getting a S2, Mashle ended, at least Csm still is ongoing. Then two years later til we got Kaiju 8, Undead Unluck, Sakamoto Days, Dandadan and right now once JJK ends it'll be those that shine. JJK seems like a mini KNY and probably will get overshadowed by the next big thing in five years, but the anime will definitely make it resurge in the anime community just due to nostalgia from the manga readers and the hype we had during reading.
I say another thing is how the cast members and said deaths were handled to factor in

@Tipper17 @Arkenis Flat disagree to the both of you mainly because I've heard the same argument be thrown at the actual all time greats like naruto and bleach in their time when they where new and not as wide spread as they are now, the same old arguments from 10 years back and look were we are now?

You fellas are here every weak for them early leaks, discussing your own agendas left right and center.

And honestly those arguments are tripe and old, cast issues? ya actually read bleach? its main cast aside from the main man Ichigo himself was forgetable and worthless for 90% of the story with only Uryū getting his time to shine at the very end of it all, and the captains (who where canon fodder for most of the arcs funnily enough) where the only interesting side characters not including antags that actually had a character naruto is the exact opposite with the main cast (sakura not included) were the only characters that got character development with the side cast being there just as set dressing for 96% of the time and speaking of both THEIR ENDINGS WHERE SHIT, we all know they where shit everyone has been saying that for the past 10 years and guess what everyone is right, kaguya was a shit introduction at the very last 5% of the story and the silver arrow is a literal deus ex machina at the very last moment.

Don't try to act like the all time greats where perfect cuse they sure as **** where not and same goes for JJK and much like the all time greats its in the same period of formation as they where all those years ago.

Last edited:
no because MHS got downgraded

The BF MHS cap was debunked by Gojo in 256. Feats still need new calcs, but MHS JJK God Tiers is here for good.

The BF MHS cap was debunked by Gojo in 256. Feats still need new calcs, but MHS JJK God Tiers is here for good.
There are other things preventing them from being MHS+. Examples include piercing blood, Mach 3 Naoya, and stuff like that

piercing blood
Piercing Blood needs new calcs anyways with it's feats of people dodging it, again, I'm only stating that MHS in JJK is possible.
Mach 3 Naoya, and stuff like that
Gege himself doubted that Maki was that slow, he said she should've been faster, although I'm not sure how that bodes with the author statement rules.

The only thing in JJK that should be MHS+ imo is Kashimo's lightning, whether anyone can move at MHS+ or not is up to the actual calculators and mods (because I can't calc for shit.)

There are other things preventing them from being MHS+. Examples include piercing blood, Mach 3 Naoya, and stuff like that
2024-04-18_221528.png

2024-04-18_221614.png

2024-04-18_221633.png

( I personally think hyper to high hyper is more consistent and won't argue for MHS+ but the counter arguments of piercing blood and Naoya are pure *****)
I think just regular MHS is fine for god tiers, MHS+ is cutting it (there is a MASSIVE difference between MHS and MHS+ people, do keep that in mind)

Don't try to act like the all time greats where perfect cuse they sure as **** where not and same goes for JJK and much like the all time greats its in the same period of formation as they where all those years ago
Now when did I ever mentioned all time greats were perfect? Cause I don't and never once mentioned that
And honestly those arguments are tripe and old, cast issues? ya actually read bleach? its main cast aside from the main man Ichigo himself was forgetable and worthless for 90% of the story with only Uryū getting his time to shine at the very end of it all, and the captains (who where canon fodder for most of the arcs funnily enough) where the only interesting side characters not including antags that actually had a character naruto is the exact opposite with the main cast (sakura not included) were the only characters that got character development with the side cast being there just as set dressing for 96% of the time and speaking of both THEIR ENDINGS WHERE SHIT, we all know they where shit everyone has been saying that for the past 10 years and guess what everyone is right, kaguya was a shit introduction at the very last 5% of the story and the silver arrow is a literal deus ex machina at the very last moment.
Never even pretend bleach and naruto didn't have cast issues with other hell it's been mentioned numerous times over part 2 Nardo cast handling and bleach as well

JJK being considered an all time great is dubious given how everyone and there grandma's was doing the same shit with KNY when it came out and many other series that were hot before
JJK no different

Mind you I don't hate JJK I even said I find it entertaining and such but outside opinions I don't see it being an all time great really

JJK being considered an all time great is dubious given how everyone and there grandma's was doing the same shit with KNY when it came out and many other series that were hot before
JJK no different

Mind you I don't hate JJK I even said I find it entertaining and such but outside opinions I don't see it being an all time great really
KNY is not JJK lets be honest with ourselves, its about 10 times worse in pretty much all departments (mainly story and the absolute insane plot conviences at very damned coner)

also the whole "X amount of people said this" is an argument about as solid as quick sand

KnY is mid as hell lol. It's HEAVILY carried by it's anime.

I would go as far to say the art in the manga is straight up bad too and the fighting choreography is very lazy and uninspired.

I have seen many battle shounen series and KnY is one of the worst I came across "in term in what got big"
The plot is beyond basic, the power system is boring, the characters are okayish and the main villain is the biggest fraud you would come across

I would go as far to say the art in the manga is straight up bad too and the fighting choreography is very lazy and uninspired.

I have seen many battle shounen series and KnY is one of the worst I came across "in term in what got big"
The plot is beyond basic, the power system is boring, the characters are okayish and the main villain is the biggest fraud you would come across
thank you

If it wasn't animated by Ufotable, people would be ******** on it even more let's be real

KNY is not JJK lets be honest with ourselves, its about 10 times worse in pretty much all departments (mainly story and the absolute insane plot conviences at very damned coner)

also the whole "X amount of people said this" is an argument about as solid as quick sand
Yes but that wouldn't stop folks from gassing it up as the GOAT regardless of its issues and was selling like hot pockets during its peak

Yes but that wouldn't stop folks from gassing it up as the GOAT regardless of its issues and was selling like hot pockets during its peak
its not the GOAT (that'd be berserk, but if you wish to limit to pure shonen than fist of the north star) its just at the level of some of the best shonen and the only recent shonen to actually reach that level as of now, sure there are some contenders but not one has really reached that level other than JJK and argueably chainsawman (honestly its pretty good although there are some real pace issue's in part 2 but I think in time we'll get some real good stuff)

And honestly those arguments are tripe and old, cast issues? ya read bleach? its main cast aside from the main man Ichigo himself was forgetable and worthless for 90% of the story with only Uryū getting his time to shine at the very end of it all with the captains (who where canon fodder for most of the arcs funnily enough) where the only interesting side characters not including antags that actually had a character naruto is the exact opposite with the main cast (sakura not included) were the only characters that got character development with the side cast being there just as set dressing for 96% of the time and speaking of both THEIR ENDINGS WHERE SHIT, we all know they where shit everyone has been saying that for the past 10 years and guess what everyone is right, kaguya was a shit introduction at the very last 5% of the story and the silver arrow is a literal deus ex machina at the very last moment.

Don't try to act like the all time greats where perfect cuse they sure as **** where not and same goes for JJK and much like the all time greats its in the same period of formation as they where all those years ago.
Well that's just wrong about forgettability and I am talking about the cast itself, not just the main cast, hell idk why you're singling out Naruto and Bleach like I didn't name five other mangas with them lmao. Bleach's cast has memorable characters whether its the villains like the Espada or the captains, and maybe you didn't read Bleach but the captains weren't canon fodder. Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toshiro, Komamura, all displayed insane power against the Espada and the Sternritters, maybe you're talking about the Visoreds being fodder but they literally fought powerful characters like Love and Rojuro fighting Starrk.

And reading this, honestly what tf is your definition of side cast? Do you not think Gaara, Neji, Hinata, Shikamaru, Itachi, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Kabuto, Orochimaru, Hiruzen, Nagato, Obito are part of the side cast or something? Do you not think they got development?

And I liked both Naruto and Bleach's endings, this idea the endings were bad just feels like one big meme at this point, Kaguya was teased far before her introduction, we already had Hagoromo introduced to the story implying heavily that more of the origins of shinobi were to be revealed, and she wrapped up the story with Naruto vs Sasuke following just fine, so if we're gonna talk about the ending then criticize Naruto vs Sasuke not Kaguya as the ending. The Yhwach even dies is foreshadowed before this anyway, not that it matters but Kubo was rushing the ending due to health reasons iirc, you can't possibly think this is how he wanted it to go lmao.

So is Yuji still a reincarnation of Sukuna's other half? I don't understand.

Urame's monologue about Yuji having the same potential as Sukuna makes no sense if Yuji was just his nephew
Here is what everyone on this thread is missing, which is huge:
Twins are the same soul. Sukuna’s soul gave birth to Yuji.

Yuji is like a reincarnation of Sukuna, like stated, and like Sukuna’s son at the same time, the same way he’s Kenjaku’s son. Also he’s Sukuna’s nephew, but since it was identical twins, biologically he’s like Sukuna’s son too

[/ISPOILER]

Also y’all gotta check this out looool

Last edited:
Well that's just wrong about forgettability and I am talking about the cast itself, not just the main cast, hell idk why you're singling out Naruto and Bleach like I didn't name five other mangas with them lmao. Bleach's cast has memorable characters whether its the villains like the Espada or the captains, and maybe you didn't read Bleach but the captains weren't canon fodder. Byakuya, Kenpachi, Toshiro, Komamura, all displayed insane power against the Espada and the Sternritters, maybe you're talking about the Visoreds being fodder but they literally fought powerful characters like Love and Rojuro fighting Starrk.
ah yeah 4 out of 13 did something while the others did jack shit and the ones that actually did something achived nothing in the end other than Shunsui and mayuri (the MVPs) they where relegated to either duking it out with the canon fodder antags or being the direct definition of canon fodder against the actual antaganist untill ichigo finnally locks in and does some actual work.
And reading this, honestly what tf is your definition of side cast? Do you not think
yes lets go through them.
He was the main antag for naruto during his arc that is not side cast that is a main antag of an arc that went on to be one of the better yet still sidelined sidecast members
Really? REALLY!? NEJI? ******* NEJI? ARE YOU ******** ME!? He was only an actual character in part 1 and in shipudden he got put on the side for the whole ******* thing right untill his god awful death and don't you even try to defend that death, it was what out of no where and achived exactly 0 impact its one of the absolute worst writing choices ever.

******* neji.. LIKE REALLY MAN!?
.... I have no words, she is in the same boat as neji, **** even worse really, she does nothing for the whole show untill pain arc, she literally served 0 narrative purpose for 95% of the whole story, you call that a good character? I call that set dressing.
Shikamaru
sure he is good
... thats not a side character my good man that is literally the main antag for our deuteragonist for half the damned show.
he is not side cast either because yet again he is a mentor character to our MAIN character he is in the same spot of plot relevence and cast importance as gojo and kakashi
honestly prior to the war arc she was kinda mid, didn't do much of anything worth while and only really servered to make jiraiya's death hit harder.
PFFFF AHAHAHAHAHHA really? of all the antags, kabuto? not only was he supposed to be one of the main antags of the war arc (which already part of the main flow not side cast) he was also by far the most forgetable and pointless part of the war arc and simply was a stand in for a better antagonist that is orochimaru.
Orochimaru
That is not only a main antaganist of multiple overarching arcs but a mentor of our deuteragonist that is not side cast my dood.
serious-face-anthony-mackie-slow-blink-stare-5k68qni42zf4hhj6.gif

Hiruzen... that is, by far, THE ABSOLUTE WORST PICK YOU COULD'VE CHOSEN. What did hiruzen achive in the narrative? be a shitty guardain for naruto? Fail on the one promise he made to minato? be absent from 90% of the story show up in the last 5 and promtly ******* die? in which case

9df.gif

A real main stay. His only relevant achivement for the narrative is taking Oroshimaru's hands thats it, he is as far as it gets from a good side character.
main villain of an arc
yet again main villain of an arc.
are part of the side cast or something? Do you not think they got development?
half the ones you mentioned don't get development past their introduction and the other half is not even side cast.
And I liked both Naruto and Bleach's endings, this idea the endings were bad just feels like one big meme at this point, Kaguya was teased far before her introduction,
a name drop some 500 chapters earlier and lore drop 10 chapters prior to her intro is not build up its absolute ***** and BLEACH!? dude no **** off that was a shitty conlusion and you know it.
we already had Hagoromo introduced to the story implying heavily that more of the origins of shinobi were to be revealed, and she wrapped up the story with Naruto vs Sasuke following just fine, so if we're gonna talk about the ending then criticize Naruto vs Sasuke not Kaguya as the ending. The Yhwach even dies is foreshadowed before this anyway, not that it matters but Kubo was rushing the ending due to health reasons iirc, you can't possibly think this is how he wanted it to go lmao.
I already told ya before why kaguya was tripe and there are dozens of breakdowns out there as to why that was, as for Yhwach the only real argument is Kubo's health was on the decline so can't fault him for poorly a done ending.

Last edited:
So is Yuji still a reincarnation of Sukuna's other half? I don't understand.

Urame's monologue about Yuji having the same potential as Sukuna makes no sense if Yuji was just his nephew
D1 Yap behavior right here

You’re forgetting twins share THE SAME SOUL. SUKUNA IS YUJIS SOUL DAD AND UNCLE AT THE SAME TIME, and because it was identical twins, biological dad too

ah yeah 4 out of 13 did something while the others did jack shit and the ones that actually did something achived nothing in the end other than Shunsui and mayuri (the MVPs) they where relegated to either duking it out with the canon fodder antags or being the direct definition of canon fodder against the actual antaganist untill ichigo finnally locks in and does some actual work.

yes lets go through them.

He was the main antag for naruto during his arc that is not side cast that is a main antag of an arc that went on to be one of the better yet still sidelined sidecast members

Really? REALLY!? NEJI? ******* NEJI? ARE YOU ******** ME!? He was only an actual character in part 1 and in shipudden he got put on the side for the whole ******* thing right untill his god awful death and don't you even try to defend that death, it was what out of no where and achived exactly 0 impact its one of the absolute worst writing choices ever.

******* neji.. LIKE REALLY MAN!?

.... I have no words, she is in the same boat as neji, **** even worse really, she does nothing for the whole show untill pain arc, she literally served 0 narrative purpose for 95% of the whole story, you call that a good character? I call that set dressing.

sure he is good

... thats not a side character my good man that is literally the main antag for our deuteragonist for half the damned show.

he is not side cast either because yet again he is a mentor character to our MAIN character he is in the same spot of plot relevence and cast importance as gojo and kakashi

honestly prior to the war arc she was kinda mid, didn't do much of anything worth while and only really servered to make jiraiya's death hit harder.

PFFFF AHAHAHAHAHHA really? of all the antags, kabuto? not only was he supposed to be one of the main antags of the war arc (which already part of the main flow not side cast) he was also by far the most forgetable and pointless part of the war arc and simply was a stand in for a better antagonist that is orochimaru.

That is not only a main antaganist of multiple overarching arcs but a mentor of our deuteragonist that is not side cast my dood.

serious-face-anthony-mackie-slow-blink-stare-5k68qni42zf4hhj6.gif

Hiruzen... that is, by far, THE ABSOLUTE WORST PICK YOU COULD'VE CHOSEN. What did hiruzen achive in the narrative? be a shitty guardain for naruto? Fail on the one promise he made to minato? be absent from 90% of the story show up in the last 5 and promtly ******* die? in which case

9df.gif

A real main stay. His only relevant achivement for the narrative is taking Oroshimaru's hands thats it, he is as far as it gets from a good side character.

main villain of an arc

yet again main villain of an arc.

half the ones you mentioned don't get development past their introduction and the other half is not even side cast.

a name drop some 500 chapters earlier and lore drop 10 chapters prior to her intro is not build up its absolute ***** and BLEACH!? dude no **** off that was a shitty conlusion and you know it.

I already told ya before why kaguya was tripe and there are dozens of breakdowns out there as to why that was, as for Yhwach the only real argument is Kubo's health was on the decline so can't fault him for poorly a done ending.
I have to remember to stop arguing writing with jjk readers

Debates for y’all:

Who was a better planner:

• Aizen
  • Kenjaku

Who has a freakier ancestry? Also who got more potential (relative to their own series’) given to them by whoever planned their births?

• Ichigo
  • Yuji

Back