• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

This is the equivalent of just putting your fingers in your ear and screaming "wrong wrong wrong wrong"...
Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but we don’t use niche theories with little connection to series to grant abilities like this

Quote me where on the EE page it says "producing energy disqualifies a technique from being EE".
Producing energy from transmuting something?

Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind

Energy is something, given mass = energy. EE doesn’t exist irl. Medical machines which fire positrons aren’t accepted as EE, change the standards if you want

"Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind"
Energy is something, given mass = energy
This doesn't prove what you want it to prove. By reducing something to its constituent parts it's referring to breaking matter up into smaller pieces, not leaving behind energy; hence why hakai (which erases matter and leaves the energy conversion of it behind as an explosive blast) is still viable for EE and not merely transmutation. Furthermore, Hollow Purple wouldn't be converting the mass itself into energy, it'll be erasing mass with its own energy output (Gojo's energy output), so even if I were to accept this interpretation of EE it still wouldn't even fulfil the claim you made.

By reducing something to its constituent parts it's referring to breaking matter up into smaller pieces, not leaving behind energy; hence why hakai (which erases matter and leaves the energy conversion of it behind as an explosive blast)
It doesn’t convert the matter into an explosion, it has the explosion as a separate quality.

Hakai doesn’t make someone explode, it reduces them to nothing.
Furthermore, Hollow Purple wouldn't be converting the mass itself into energy, it'll be erasing mass with its own energy output (Gojo's energy output), so even if I were to accept this interpretation of EE it still wouldn't even fulfil the claim you made.
this isn’t what the scientific stuff suggests, even. Also this would be a violation of the law of conservation of energy IRL, so such a crackpot theory isn’t getting accepted the way you’re claiming. Please get yourself accustomed with the standards 🙏

It doesn’t convert the matter into an explosion, it has the explosion as a separate quality.
"when matter is destroyed it releases heaps of energy" - Beerus, describing hakai
The explosion is from the erasure aspect, that's undeniable, but it's acceptable within VSBW standards because something having an energy output doesn't conflict with it being EE like you're trying to claim.
this isn’t what the scientific stuff suggests, even.
Because the scientific papers aren't about how CTs work, they're about how imaginary mass functions and I'm using them as supplementary evidence in explaining the CT. Me mentioning qualities of the series, such as HP having a CE output and therefore an energy output, isn't me contradicting the citation in any way.
Also this would be a violation of the law of conservation of energy IRL
How? Gojo releases energy, energy erases matter, energy dissipates as it does so
Please get yourself accustomed with the standards 🙏
Yet another condescending remark. Let's keep a tally of this, yea?

"when matter is destroyed it releases heaps of energy" - Beerus, describing hakai
The explosion is from the erasure aspect, that's undeniable, but it's acceptable within VSBW standards because something having an energy output doesn't conflict with it being EE like you're trying to claim.
You just made a solid argument to downgrade manga Hakai 💀.

Aside from that, the difference is the OG matter is “destroyed” not converted into energy. Matter + antimatter converts both into their energy equivalent, they’re not erased from existence

You just made a solid argument to downgrade manga Hakai 💀
If you're so against JJK upgrades you would prefer VSBW augments its standards for EE to downgrade other verses instead then idk what to say to you, this discussion clearly isn't going anywhere and you seem stuck in your ways

If you're so against JJK upgrades you would prefer VSBW augments its standards for EE to downgrade other verses instead then idk what to say to you, this discussion clearly isn't going anywhere and you seem stuck in your ways
Lol I’m sorry vsbw won’t accept Hollow purple as FTL and EE buddy 🙏🙏😭😭😭. You can try make the possible EE and ftl hollow purple thread though, you should give it a shot!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but we don’t use niche theories with little connection to series to grant abilities like this
Niche isn't really the word to be used here. Tachyons as a concept aren't small or limited in knowledge within science. What you should be asking is if we allow hypothetical science concepts and of course we do.

Purple doesn't give something mass, Purple is a ball of the hypothetical tachyons.

Something else to consider, at least when using what the paper says, "It is theorized that space is filled with a gas-like fluid of neutral tachyons that do not interact directly with conventional sub-light matter except via gravity"

Also reading that paper, Tachyons would have numerous abilities besides the potential ee, it would have time travel, gravity manipulation, radiation manipulation, invisibility, matter manipulation, and intangibility as well lmao. I don't know why EE is always argued for, that's just a hypothetical effect of tachyons interaction with matter.

Also reading that paper, Tachyons would have numerous abilities besides the potential ee, it would have time travel, gravity manipulation, radiation manipulation, invisibility, matter manipulation, and intangibility as well lmao. I don't know why EE is always argued for, that's just a hypothetical effect of tachyons interaction with matter.
Numerous abilities HP is not implied or hinted to have just like EE. One of these would be the ftl attack speed which hollow purple OBVIOUSLY doesn’t have, as we all know, hence we know it doesn’t share all these qualities with the stuff described in the paper, and hence isn’t the same like that inherently and we can forget giving it EE

are you allowed to make vs threads about inverse matchups or just crossverse? I'm interested in people's thoughts on Reggie vs Todo (or Shibuya Choso)

are you allowed to make vs threads about inverse matchups or just crossverse? I'm interested in people's thoughts on Reggie vs Todo (or Shibuya Choso)
any. I've done several such as Todo vs Nanami, Jogo vs Uro, Kenjaku vs Hakari and Maki.

Back