• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

I don't like the current state of JJK, but there's definitely ways to fix the end of Gojo vs Sukuna specifically

For instance, the 236 airport scene

Gege rushed the story so badly he character assassinated Gojo

It's like that scene was made in a vacuum ignoring everything from before

It's a wonder that fans know how to respect characters better than the author

OP made Kashimo actually cool
jxwuoxcd83rb1.jpg

LOOL what was that dialogue with Hakari and Kirara??

Gojo knocking it up with Utahime is so ******* based.
jxwuoxcd83rb1.jpg

I don't like the current state of JJK, but there's definitely ways to fix the end of Gojo vs Sukuna specifically

For instance, the 236 airport scene

Gege rushed the story so badly he character assassinated Gojo

It's like that scene was made in a vacuum ignoring everything from before
This take again?

It was how OTHER people saw him, I mean come on my guy re-read the end of hidden inventory "are you the strongest because you're satoru gojo or are you satoru gojo because you are the strongest" < his best and closest friend btw.

This take again?

It was how OTHER people saw him, I mean come on my guy re-read the end of hidden inventory "are you the strongest because you're satoru gojo or are you satoru gojo because you are the strongest" < his best and closest friend btw.
Wtf are you waffling about? No shit he's sees that Gojo is the strongest. Very surface level observation

The real problem is that Nanami says that he was only ever in it for his own self-satisfaction, when everything from before proves otherwise.

It does not help that Satoru doesn't dispute this.

It does NOT help that Nanami has witnessed him at his best, like when he corrected him calling Yuji "Sukuna's vessel," referring to Itadori by his full name.

It does NOT help that Haibara says everyone thinks that when we were previously shown moments including Yaga witnessing him lamenting over the fact that he can't save everyone, Shoko praying for his return, Ichiji being grateful toward him for his kindness, and Gakuganji changing his opinion on him, as well as overall everyone having a good opinion of him.

It does NOT help that Geto doesn't dispute this, despite knowing Gojo's heart was in the right place after the former defected.

It does NOT help that he only talks about Sukuna, treating his students as an afterthought, and saying he "wanted to teach Sukuna about the solitude strength brings" and "being sorry that he couldn't" when, before, he showed contempt for him and almost snapped when he used Megumi as a medium to get hit by Unlimited Void.

TL;DR 236 tries to act like Gojo was in it for his own self-satisfaction and that people think so, when it's very much the opposite. tldr tldr character assassination and not just Gojo

Last edited:
It's not character assassination to have everyone reaffirm their stance on Gojo. I feel like what you're really missing isn't that what Nanami says is true, its that no one really knew Gojo well besides Geto, and even that isn't true because he's the one who posed that famous question to Gojo. He said himself, "You can make a flower bloom, you can admire it, but you can't tell that flower "I want you to understand me."" Like the fact Geto immidetely gets the wrong impression of Gojo's satisfaction afterward, or how the Haibara calls Gojo a weirdo for wanting to die in battle. All of these characters are steadily reinforcing that they don't actually understand Gojo.

Gojo even in death is not understood by those around him, but he's okay with that.

It's like you just took the chapter at surface level.

Last edited:
It's not character assassination to have everyone reaffirm their stance on Gojo.
It is definitely character assassination, especially for Nanami to say that about Gojo despite previously being shown to hold him in high regard even though he's annoyed by his flippant personality. I don't see the point of what he and Haibara said, claiming that everyone thinks that, when everyone thinks otherwise, regardless of them not fully understanding him. If anything, they should be more accustomed to that side of him and not the other

I don't think that there was any character assassination. That's dumb imo. But one thing I dislike about the current arc is how rushed it was. Like, I wanted to see Gojo reaction about the news after the sealing. Like, the heck, imagine the face of Gojo to see that Maki had become Toji 2.0
Sad that it's entirely possible for the manga to end this year

Gojo and Hakari never exchanged a word btw.
😭😭😭 Come to think of it all of their conversation is background fr.
Gege be like: Yuta and Hakari are top students of Gojo but I don't have time to put a single panel for Hakari and Gojo conversation 😐.

I hope we get some glimpses of conversation atleast in upcoming chapters as some remembrance during the training.

TL;DR 236 tries to act like Gojo was in it for his own self-satisfaction and that people think so, when it's very much the opposite. tldr tldr character assassination and not just Gojo
This probably can help you understand it better. But Gojo's life, his purpose stopped being about raising a new generation, he had already done so. It became all about Gojo’s own purpose as the strongest, as the only one who can connect with Sukuna and actually show his greatest against someone like himself. This is why throughout the fight Gojo is doing ridiculous shit tryna impress Sukuna. Reread the fight

I don’t think he was doing stuff with the intent of impressing Sukuna.

Sukuna just pushed Gojo to his limit, making him going all out and Gojo had to do a bunch of shit.

Keyword: Had.

He had to do those things otherwise he dies.
You said it for me

Bro started the Domain battle getting shredded by Malevolent Shrine

I don’t think he was doing stuff with the intent of impressing Sukuna.
0236-005.png

No. This fight was about Gojo finally being able to show what he can do when he's up against someone like him, he tells Getou he wanted him to know, all the stuff that comes with being at that level, that Gojo understood it too. This whole fight is about Gojo trying to connect with Sukuna as the strongest my guy, like yeah Gojo's "pushed" but he goes to drastic tricks to show Sukuna he's not alone at the top.

0236-005.png

No. This fight was about Gojo finally being able to show what he can do when he's up against someone like him, he tells Getou he wanted him to know, all the stuff that comes with being at that level, that Gojo understood it too. This whole fight is about Gojo trying to connect with Sukuna as the strongest my guy, like yeah Gojo's "pushed" but he goes to drastic tricks to show Sukuna he's not alone at the top.
sukuna-wasnt-just-looking-at-mahito-out-of-pity-v0-7tub8jeaum6c1.jpg

Blud even Kashimo was paying attention and could tell this fight was for Gojo, not his special ed students.
You're missing my specific point. Ultimately, I don't like that 236 treats him as if that's what he's all about. Him waiting for the day he could let loose is only a part of his character, and it definitely doesn't mean he did the things he did throughout his life for his own satisfaction

Any future response to this will be met with lobotomy kaisen

You're missing my specific point. Ultimately, I don't like that 236 treats him as if that's what he's all about. Him waiting for the day he could let loose is only a part of his character, and it definitely doesn't mean he did the things he did throughout his life for his own satisfaction

Any future response to this will be met with lobotomy kaisen
yeah your specific point of bias but what ever, cuse I mean
kaisen has definitly taken root.

Implying Greg knows what the speed of a EMW is
I mean would even surface level research about it (which Gege clearly did) would tell you that it travels that fast (not saying we should use the feat or anything just that Gege had to have known the basics here).

I honestly feel like Gege just likes ******* with Vs fandoms as a whole, I mean the bastard throws in multiple feats that range in the hypersonic plus ranges then hits us with ah yes the second fastest sorcerer can move at subsonic+ speeds then he hits us with lighting timing feats and proceeds to smack us with mach 3.

I mean at certain points I feel like this bastard knows about this place and he is trolling specifically us with those type of statements.

Already read an essay like the one I know you wanna send but I've also read essays arguing the opposite and I have my own opinions so I'm not changing my mind on this

Back