• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Hey, although this isn't a question about the verse in and of itself but more of an hypothesis or headcanon that hasn't been confirmed, do you people think that, within the world of JJK, it's likely that characters with traumas and ****** up lives would tend to be stronger via harnessing their own hardships for strength? I was thinking of making a fan-character for a r18 hentai story parody of Jujutsu Kaisen, who'd have multiple sexual assault traumas and be a decently strong Jujutsu Sorcerer from the get go because of that alone.

I also imagined that crimes which cause a lot of suffering to people — murder, torture, sex crimes — should lead to Special Grade curses because 1. they're feared worldwide just like Mahito's friends and 2. not only are they feared and hated, they produce a ton of negative emotions in and of themselves, much like the kinds of disasters Mahito's friends produce.

So if these extremely powerful curses are around the level of inbetween a couple and a dozen of Sukuna's fingers, then curses who come from human crimes that produce a lot of suffering should go up to at least the lower end of Special Grade. Like, shouldn't the nazis and their genocide have created at least a first grade curse? And shouldn't Genghis Khan having 0.5% of all of humanity as his descendants through sheer force of r*pe have created at least a first grade as well?

Like, it seems to me that, if it were to make sense...
Beyond Special grade curses (such as Sukuna and people equivalent to multiple of his fingers) = Come from phenomena that have ravaged humanity over the entire course of its existence

Special grade curses = Come from IMMENSE tragedies that have hurt lots of people over the world population and most of everyone everywhere has or has had at some point in history negative feelings towards.

First grade curses = Come from major historical events or extremely large scale, but not worldwide tragedies. For example, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagazaki. Perhaps the negative feelings directed towards nuclear weaponry as a whole would generate a First Grade, though.

Second grade curses = Come from more localized tragedies, such as major earthquakes, volcano eruptions, civil wars, tsunamis, epidemics of deadly diseases, etc.

Third grade curses = Come from people just randomly feeling bad in large amounts or very intensely. Like, a single murder or torture or sexual assault is enough to create a Third Grade curse or even a few of those, meanwhile several hundreds of people losing their jobs or a few dozens of thousands of people being stressed from their jobs is also enough to create one Third Grade.

Fourth Grade curses = Easy to make, just beat your wife and children for long enough and soon one appears.

Of course, the anime doesn't give us a decent idea of how much negative emotion produces how much curse power, but...

Last edited:
Yea that's reasonable, I also saw this pattern in naruto that people with traumatic backstories are usually stronger. Also its not really headcanon in jjk, it's how you look at curse energy. Curse energy is negative emotion so more negative emotion should make you stronger or make your use of it more potent.

Yea that's reasonable, I also saw this pattern in naruto that people with traumatic backstories are usually stronger. Also its not really headcanon in jjk, it's how you look at curse energy. Curse energy is negative emotion so more negative emotion should make you stronger or make your use of it more potent.
(I also edited my comment right now to create a headcanon-y scale btw)
It's true, but so far in the whole anime this correlation doesn't seem to have been shown, at least as of yet. No one has suffered a huge tragedy and immediately invoked a curse, nor has a Jujutsu Sorcerer gained a permanent or at least temporary power boost from psychological trauma, y'know? All that's happened is Yuuji feeling horrible about himself and managing to channel that into his first usage of Jiryoku, but on later chapters he attacks seemingly with a lot more power without nearly as much emotion. Sure he controls himself, but it'd be nice to see the author mention the implications of having characters whose powers come from their negative emotions...

Hey, although this isn't a question about the verse in and of itself but more of an hypothesis or headcanon that hasn't been confirmed, do you people think that, within the world of JJK, it's likely that characters with traumas and ****** up lives would tend to be stronger via harnessing their own hardships for strength? I was thinking of making a fan-character for a r18 hentai story parody of Jujutsu Kaisen, who'd have multiple sexual assault traumas and be a decently strong Jujutsu Sorcerer from the get go because of that alone.

I also imagined that crimes which cause a lot of suffering to people — murder, torture, sex crimes — should lead to Special Grade curses because 1. they're feared worldwide just like Mahito's friends and 2. not only are they feared and hated, they produce a ton of negative emotions in and of themselves, much like the kinds of disasters Mahito's friends produce.

So if these extremely powerful curses are around the level of inbetween a couple and a dozen of Sukuna's fingers, then curses who come from human crimes that produce a lot of suffering should go up to at least the lower end of Special Grade. Like, shouldn't the nazis and their genocide have created at least a first grade curse? And shouldn't Genghis Khan having 0.5% of all of humanity as his descendants through sheer force of r*pe have created at least a first grade as well?
Well, if the person has a lot of traumas then it would generate a lot of bad fellings like sadness, hate, etc... witch would generate a lot of cursed energy, BUT you have to remember that the first thing that a Jujutsu sorcerer has to learn is to control they fellings(and cursed energy)
Gojo explain this in chapter 12

The few characters I can think of that follow this idea are;
Gojo for being mad at the higher ups and how the world works.
Rika for how she died and also cuz she stated to have boundless curse energy
Mahito for being born from the hatred of humans

https://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/jjk_12_017.jpghttps://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/jjk_12_018.jpghttps://cdn.***************.com/file/AnimeRleases/jjk_12_019.jpg

Mahito I can also guess could be made of basically infinite amounts of curse energy.
Gojou Satoru doesn't really seem to me like a lot. "Being angry at the higher ups and how the world works" is the mental state of the average person who reads a bit about social sciences and political philosophy, as the normal reaction to that is to have at least a bit of bloodlust towards your average politician.
What I'm thinking is more like... imagine a curse born of the psychological trauma from tragedies sexually assaults or tortures a jujutsu sorcerers whose pain then fuels either a permanent power boost from that point forward, or makes the character a fuckton of times more powerful for the following hours after the event.

Mahito I can also guess could be made of basically infinite amounts of curse energy.
Gojou Satoru doesn't really seem to me like a lot. "Being angry at the higher ups and how the world works" is the mental state of the average person who reads a bit about social sciences and political philosophy, as the normal reaction to that is to have at least a bit of bloodlust towards your average politician.
What I'm thinking is more like... imagine a curse born of the psychological trauma from tragedies sexually assaults or tortures a jujutsu sorcerers whose pain then fuels either a permanent power boost from that point forward, or makes the character a fuckton of times more powerful for the following hours after the event.
He stops getting cursed energy from humans once his body is fully formed

no it's stated he's been getting stronger once by nanami and I believe Gojo comments that he's gotten stronger as well. The only reason I can think of for him getting stronger is due to the continuous hatred of humans giving off more negative emotion
He stops getting cursed energy from humans once his body is fully formed

no it's stated he's been getting stronger once by nanami and I believe Gojo comments that he's gotten stronger as well. The only reason I can think of for him getting stronger is due to the continuous hatred of humans giving off more negative emotion
no, it´s because he´s only a child, he´s still discovering and testing his powers

It's implied he's getting stronger though. I don't think you can just say it's because he's a kid. It's stated by Nanami that he'll get to the point of using domain like how jogo can which is a power reference coupled with saying "if we're not quick in exorcising him we'll reach the point of no return". Not saying it's definitely because he's gaining more curse energy but it's certainly something that supports him getting continuously getting stronger.

Mahito is still "growing up" and his power rapidly increasing, we see that on most of his fights (he should have reactive power level as well, due to that)

He'll probably be one heck of a villain later in the future

Curses shouldn't be considered abstract existences. They are invulnerable to common attacks because they're made of cursed energy. Cursed energy is produced by emotions, but it is not the emotions themselves. Therefore they aren't non-corporeal and should be possible to land hits on for any characters with mystical energies or with supernatural properties capable of landing hits on stuff with basic levels of intangibility.

Like, any stand should be able to land a hit.
(although I am biased against overpowered stuff and typically enjoy characters like Mirio Togata who are strong mainly through intellect and skill, or versatility that doesn't need that much hax attached to it, so you may take my opinions with a grain of salt lmao)
Proof?
As far as I personally remember, only killing / banishing curses is impossible without the use of cursed energy. Damage to them from hits without cursed energy is dealt.

I think we should wait, he might show more than simply durability in a future chapter. So, for now, it's best to wait.

They’re just emotions, walking emotions. They don’t embody them they literally are emotions, which is why you need cursed energy to combat them, which is made from your emotions.

They’re just emotions, walking emotions. They don’t embody them they literally are emotions, which is why you need cursed energy to combat them, which is made from your emotions.
Negative Emotions ≠ Cursed Energy, they are made of cursed energy, not negative emotions, and yes, they are different, Negative Emotions creates Cursed Energy but they are not the same thing

Hmm, I think I found one instance of a curse phasing through something. In Vol 0 of Jujutsu Kaisen, we see Rika attack from through the blackboard with no real sign of a black board or anything of that nature and the anime shows that one curse that Yuji and Nobara fought more phasing through the wall while in motion while we could reasonably assume those dark spots to be how it looks when they phase through things in manga, especially since we're not really shown curse spirits making portals in any other instances.

could
Hmm, I think I found one instance of a curse phasing through something. In Vol 0 of Jujutsu Kaisen, we see Rika attack from through the blackboard with no real sign of a black board or anything of that nature and the anime shows that one curse that Yuji and Nobara fought more phasing through the wall while in motion while we could reasonably assume those dark spots to be how it looks when they phase through things in manga, especially since we're not really shown curse spirits making portals in any other instances.
u show us

Alright that solves the whole needing curse energy to interact with them. Since wall has no ce=therefore can't interact. So should keep their npi

Can I see the pages before and after this, because this could be less Rikka passing through the blackboard and more only her arms having formed at that moment?

OH GOD OH **** DID YOU PEOPLE READ CHAPTER 131????
ITADORI YUUJI IS LEARNING TO EXECUTE BLACK FLASHES AT WILL!!!
Sorry for caps, but holy ****... He'll most likely soon be able to have his Divergent Fist be basically a flurry of Black Flashes!
I don't know his current level, though. He was able to two-shot typical transfigured humans, but seems to need Black Flash to cause any decent damage against Mahito. So I guess he's currently a First Class Sorcerer, and should become a Special Class Sorcerer once he masters Black Flash like this?

He scales above nanami and maki who are both 1st grade, he should be special grade. Been fighting multiple speical grade levels fighters and rn fighting one of the strongest special grade curses.

Looks like the next level fighters, after all Gojo did say this current gen has the potential to surpass special grade, will be the ones who can execute Black Flash at will. Yuji & Mahito will definitely enter that category.

Back