• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How so? Not arguing, just curious.
Also, sadly backlash is unavoidable in VS debates. I mean, these things are up there with Shipping Wars in how flame war-ey they can get. Had Tifa won DB would have been accused of trying to screw over RWBY, spitting on Monty Oum's memory, backstabbing Rooster Teeth, etc. Had Goku won they would have been accused of being weeaboos, anime fanboys, traitors to America. In short, the same deal but with the shots coming from the other side. Things get that bad easily, just look at fananimations with disclaimers saying "This fight is for funsies and nothing else" they still get heat because some fans didn't like their favorite losing.

Yeah you not wrong about that im think those people just like to be stupid. because for real im cannot undestand someone calling the other a backstabber or a traitor to america because of a fan made battle of characters.

Jotaro has MFTL speeds, Kenshiro cant see Star Platinum and there is nothing Ken can do about Time Stop.

BUT.

Kenshiro literally one shots with any punch landing on Jotaro, unless they use Star Platinum Over Heaven, in that case, Jotaro stomps.

It depends if they make Kenshiro fast enough to punch thru Star Platinum and one shotting Jojo.

Jotaro will win unless they bring up Kenshiro´s superior Island Level strenght by scaling.

I think Jotaro will win in the death battle, while he probably would lose in a vs thread in this wiki.

By Instinct, Muso Tensei activates when Ken is in danger. He may not be able to see Star Platinum, but he'll feel the effects of it.

I am willing to bet on Jotaro winning.

Death Battle isnt too smart to scale Kenshiro to Island Level.

And the "obvious" advatanges Jotaro has are far too obvious for them to ignore.

Like MFTL Star Platinum, Time Stop, Kenshiro not being able to see it, etc.

And if they use composites, Jotaro stomps.

If they do, Star Platinum gets neged and Jotaro is screwed.

How similar would that be to the psychic energy of Stands?

Toki is just an aura of spiritual energy that fighters who've reached a certain level of strength unlock.

Stands are a whole different can of worms

I don't think they'll take Star Platinum as MFTL, but it's not unlikely they'll consider Jotaro and SP to be faster than Ken.

I am asking out of ignorance here, but: doesn't Ken have freakishly sharp senses and the ability to feel presences and energies? Even if he can't see Star Platinum is there a way he can detect there's something there? Also, non Stand users can't simply see Stands or can't detect them whatsoever (I mean, most of the time a Stand is shown as undected is to normal people)?

TartaChocholate said:
I don't think they'll take Star Platinum as MFTL, but it's not unlikely they'll consider Jotaro and SP to be faster than Ken.
I am asking out of ignorance here, but: doesn't Ken have freakishly sharp senses and the ability to feel presences and energies? Even if he can't see Star Platinum is there a way he can detect there's something there? Also, non Stand users can't simply see Stands or can't detect them whatsoever (I mean, most of the time a Stand is shown as undected is to normal people)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-9jkfZwAM

Humans can't see or detect them, is almost as an intangible spirit that can act with them to the normal humans

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Jotaro soon realize that SP and Kenshiro are the same type of stand and gains all of his abilty before one-shotting Ken with his own Meme attack.
yade yade daze omae wa mou shindeiru

I've heard that there are some JoJo fans on the DB research team, so the bias may lean more into Jotaro's favor. It's an easy bet that the High 6-C Kenshiro and MFTL Star Platinum feats aren't going to be used though.

However DB has been getting somewhat more consistent with their research and analysis lately, so I don't want to be so quick to assume they'll screw things up, although they have made some matchups in the past that are so flawed that it's hard not to assume bias was thrown into their results.

I'm definitely against assuming that our wiki is 100% accurate and therefore being the deciding factor in whether or not Death Battle got things right.

Unless Jotaro has void-based attacks, Muso Tensei, and especially Soryu Tenra, will outright erase him...and make Xeno jealous

So why hasn't this been considered a stomp yet?

EDIT: @CursedGentleman: If you're quick, you could see that Jotaro's mom (I think, never really watched the anime) reacted like she could see SP reach for the gun around the 0:48 mark. In fact, the Jojo wiki made no claims that Stands were absolutely undetectable. It DID however say they were manifestations of life energy, which Kenshiro can detect.

If you're quick, you could see that Jotaro's mom reacted like she could see SP reach for the gun around the 0:48 mark.

Jotaro's mom has a stand, or rather was in the middle of developing one, that's the only reason why she could see Star Platinum while the guards couldn't.

Well, I have a quote saying that Stand energy can be sensed, however, that comes from Eyes of Heaven, which isn't canon, so, it doesn't matter.

Death Battle is going to use it anyway

You'wa might even be.........

(•_•)

( •_•)>ÔîÉÔûá-Ôûá

(_)

Shock.

YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH
YEEEEAAAAAAAAHH

Sorry man, they way it played during Hyoh and Kaioh's death was beautiful. It was the most manliest/metal death in all of MANime

The anime adaption was too slow paced for even me to handle. I eventually just started watching other stuff.

Eh, I preferred the manga either way, but the anime did help highlight some of the more emotional moments in the series (Fudo's death, Kaioh's goodbye)

I'll be honest, the music didn't fit.

But that's probably because I'm out of context.

A DB Fan named Jake said:
Unless Jotaro has void-based attacks, Muso Tensei, and especially Soryu Tenra, will outright erase him...and make Xeno jealous
So why hasn't this been considered a stomp yet?

EDIT: @CursedGentleman: If you're quick, you could see that Jotaro's mom (I think, never really watched the anime) reacted like she could see SP reach for the gun around the 0:48 mark. In fact, the Jojo wiki made no claims that Stands were absolutely undetectable. It DID however say they were manifestations of life energy, which Kenshiro can detect.
Jotaro doesn't need any of that hax. Literally all he has to do is have Star Platinum reach inside of Kenshiro, grab onto his heart, crush it, and he wins. Given his time stop and Star Platinum's vastly superior speed, Jotaro's gonna have way more opportunities to use this than Kenshiro will have for his own hax. That's a huge deal.

It doesn't matter what Kenshiro can detect. If SP can act faster than he can think, then it's going to hit him before he can detect it. Jotaro's mom is a stand user herself, which is why she was able to see Star Platinum. It doesn't at all account for how Star Platinum, even without the MFTL calc, is far faster than what Kenshiro can keep up with. Precognition isn't going to help either if he can't act fast enough to counter the action.

Holly being able to react to Star Platinum is another thing in of itself; Plot-Induced Stupidity. It's the equivalent of a goomba hurting Mario, or DIO getting his leg cut off by a big piece of glass falling on it.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Holly being able to react to Star Platinum is another thing in of itself; Plot-Induced Stupidity. It's the equivalent of a goomba hurting Mario, or DIO getting his leg cut off by a big piece of glass falling on it.
Star Platinum was going at the gun at a slow speed, to produce suspense.

Dunno if it's that simple: according to the profile Ken has precognition, clairvoyance, instinctive reaction, incredibly enhanced senses (moot point with SP directly, but he may be able to detect his effects, like how in the manga normal guards couldn't see Magician's Red flames but could feel the heat), the ability to see auras (Stands, IIRC, are manifestations of fighting spirit and life energy) and his own intangibility. Also he can fight only as a soul, has a protective Aura and Regenerationn that can heal even crushed organs.

I know Stands can't be seen by non stand users, but IIRCA for the most part non stand users are normal people with normal senses and abilities. Ken has a ton of supernatural and superhuman abilities and is way above a normal human. Question is: Will those abilities help Ken to detect SP and fight back or not and whether DB will consider any of that.

However, as said before, speed is an essential here. Normally, Ken wouldn't be able to even touch Jotaro, it will really depend on how DB interprets their speed difference and whether Ken's many abilities are counted or not. There's also how they will interpret the Time Stop: will Ken be a sitting duck in it? Will his defenses or abilities help? Etc.

The thing I am sure though is that SP will likely protect Jotaro from Ken's pressure point strikes. And unlikely they'll consider Ken to be stronger in terms of AP as much as seen in this wiki.

Back