• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
His Pre-DIO's World and Post-DIO's World keys should just be merged into one key that has timestop. There shouldn't be a whole other key just for him with the ability. None of his stats change, his appearance doesn't change, and he doesn't gain any weaknesses. It's just the difference of him knowing how to use the ability that he's always had. Characters like Giorno and Jolyne aren't given seperate keys for when Giorno learned how to heal with GE or after Jolyne learned how to do her mobius strip trick and Jotaro isn't an exception to this. It should just be Jotaro with Star Platinum: The World.

On a minor side note the (albeit by luck) should be removed from Jotaro's feat of outwitting D'arby the gambler. He didn't win by luck, he tricked D'arby into thinking that he had a good deck. It even showed in the end that Jotaro's cards were garbage, he only won due to outmaneuvering D'arby.

Don't know if I'm quite for this. There was almost an entire part where Jotaro didn't have time stop. Plus, him gaining SP: TW is him maturing like Kira gaining Bites the Dust, and Kira has a whole new key for that.

Except Kira gaining Bites the Dust was a powerup that he recieved by absorbing the arrow, same with Giorno and Golden Experience Requiem. Jotaro on the other hand, has time stop the entire time and is never given it or obtains it. He just learns how to use it.

True, however many other Shounen have keys for characters just going through training and becoming stronger. SP:TW is similar in that sense where Jotaro learned how to use the ability after a specific event.

Like I said above, Giorno doesn't have a key for pre and post learning how to heal because it just clutters up the page when it should really just be one thing. Characters do get keys for going through training, but Jotaro didn't go through training, he just got in a fight. This would be the same as giving a character a new key every time they demonstrate a new power, even if the power wasn't something new, just something they tried for the first time.

Yeah alright. When you put it like that it makes sense. Supported.

I have very mixed feelings on this. From an indexing view, I see your point. Technically he gained no powers, just discovered that he had them. That being said, it goes almost against the feel of the character. Technically not an upgrade, but he goes almost the entire part using his other abilities and gains knowledge of it at the end

Honestly I dont know how to feel

I mean, it's not just that he had the powers the whole time. With my Giorno example, we have characters that have learned new abilities but we don't have give keys that go "Everything before plus one thing". Especially not if that's literally the only change.

Yeah, that's the thing. Technically, you are right. But Jotaro has a different feel. He isn't portrayed as this, it is almost treated as a new form. Its strange, I don't know how to feel about this

If said character gains zero upgrades aside from a single ability granting another key entirely for that power is pointless

We don't create a three separate keys for Esdeath just because she gained timestop between her time she did her feat and gained it

I completely agree with the above

If we have seperate keys for Jotaro then we should have Part 3, Part 4 and Part 6. Not before and after he got a certain power.

Pre-DIO's world means everything just before the finale of SDC where he fights DIO, that's all the combat experience he has up until that point. His stand is just Star Platinum.

Post-DIO's world means everything until the end of Stone Ocean, where he has his five second timestop and all the combat experience throughout that roughly 30 year time gap. His stand of course is Star Platinum: The World.

It's not just a silly timestop dividing the two, it's a quantifiable difference in fighting styles.

Plus there are certain matchups that would be a fair fight for Star Platinum that would otherwise be a stomp for Star Platinum: The World on the basis that Jotaro has demonstrated he starts off with timestop, leading to a stomp matchup because as soon as the fight starts the opponent finds themselves as a puddle.

Perhaps, but it's a power he had the entire time. He only just then learned to use it. Even then, there should still be keys for Part 4 and maybe 6. SPTW only has a 2 second time stop and Jotaro learned a new technique in Part 4 and in 6 SPTW is weaker but at the end Jotaro gets back his 5 second time stop (Look at those stand stats).

Sir Ovens said:
Professor, you've returned!
No I'm just providing input on important revisions.

The Smashor said:
Perhaps, but it's a power he had the entire time. He only just then learned to use it. Even then, there should still be keys for Part 4 and maybe 6. SPTW only has a 2 second time stop and Jotaro learned a new technique in Part 4 and in 6 SPTW is weaker but at the end Jotaro gets back his 5 second time stop (Look at those stand stats)
Part 4 = End Part 6

Unnecessary, a pre-DIO and post-DIO key work fine.

The Smashor said:
Great. And now the entire thing is going to be put in the trash because of two people.
Dont be overdramatic please. Everything is alright.

ProfessorLord said:
Pre-DIO's world means everything just before the finale of SDC where he fights DIO, that's all the combat experience he has up until that point. His stand is just Star Platinum.
Post-DIO's world means everything until the end of Stone Ocean, where he has his five second timestop and all the combat experience throughout that roughly 30 year time gap. His stand of course is Star Platinum: The World.

It's not just a silly timestop dividing the two, it's a quantifiable difference in fighting styles.

Plus there are certain matchups that would be a fair fight for Star Platinum that would otherwise be a stomp for Star Platinum: The World on the basis that Jotaro has demonstrated he starts off with timestop, leading to a stomp matchup because as soon as the fight starts the opponent finds themselves as a puddle.
I still don't see why there isn't just one Jotaro key that represents him in totality. Your argument is mainly that the second key isn't just Part 3 Jotaro with time stop, but Parts 3-6 Jotaro with timestop. The problem with this is that again, between all the Jotaro's with time stop, the only thing that changes is that he has timestop in his fighting style. If you want to use that, then Jotaro should have a Pre and Post Star Finger key.

For that bit with the matchups, that's just wishing you could do a vs match between certain characters and not being able to do it after this CRT. I don't see why Jotaro with timestop being able to beat opponents easier than without it has anything to do with the accuracy of the profile.

Because Pre-DIO Jotaro and Post-DIO Jotaro are different characters.

He's already been simplified as much as he needs to be - you can use him before he fights DIO or you can use him before he dies (which is what Post-DIO is). There's no need to fuse him together and give him timestop.

You can't restrict abilities unless its part of a key either, so this suggestion is going to make it so that you can only fight Jotaro with a timestop, regardless if he didn't have it for a majority of his screentime. It's about opening and expanding matchup potentials in a logical way. You're suggesting we just use composite Jotaro. No point.

To sum it up, you can't represent Jotaro with one key because he has two distinct interations of himself, with a new ability and 30 years worth of combat experience separating the two.

You don't create profiles in a certain format for the sake of match up potential though. It's less Composite Jotaro and more just Jotaro pre death. Jonathan Joestar has a pre Deep Pass and Post Deep Pass key, but he doesn't have a pre learning Hamon key even though Post Hamon Jona is the only one that incorporates hamon into his fighting style.

This makes it sound like he learned the timestop during the 30 years. He got the timestop ability in Part 3 during a fight. Giving him a whole key for the rest of the series after a single ability is added just clutters up the profile, even if he does use it in his fighting style.

You're right in a sense, we create profiles for the sake of indexing. We use one key if there is only one significant iteration of a character which cannot be said for Jotaro. Jonathan doesn't have a pre-hamon key because it's a) not significant enough and b) he hasn't been in a proper fight without hamon. Jotaro has fought several times without timestop and a few times with his timestop, he's not comparable to Jonathan.

SDC Jotaro and SO Jotaro are two entirely different characters both mentally, emotionally and physically.

It doesn't matter if it clutters his profile a little, it's necessary for consistency on the site.

What do you mean by significant? He fought Dio.

SO Jotaro is physically different from DiU Jotaro.

By cluttering, I meant that making there be two keys instead of one would be unecessary.

He didn't fight Dio, he ran away and miserably failed in a contest of strength.

SO Jotaro = DiU Jotaro... they're both slightly out of shape in Joestar standards.

I know what you meant.

He didn't run away, he out manuvered him and impaled him on the statue before leaving him to burn.

I'm talking about the stand, SP has worse endurance in P6.

I could see the keys being Stardust Crusaders|DIO's World Arc|Diamond is Unbreakable and onwards

Because part 4 and 6 Jotaro are pretty much the same

I feel like it should be explained on the profile that Post Dios world includes every other part Jotaro is in because right now the profile looks like it's specifically a Jotaro Part 3 profile.

Back