• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Then again Part 3 stand stats that give The Emperor an E in precision. The same emperor that precisely moved a bullet around an unarmored Silver Chariot's sword.

So are the conclusions here to go with ProfessorLord's interpretation?

Not really. Part 4 Jotaro, for example, only has a 2 second timestop. Jotaro's never been at a point where he has all of his expireince, Star Platinum's full strength AND a 5 second time stop.

I know part 6 says his durability dramatically lowered, but his dura feats are still on par with his part 3 version. If it really lowered so much, any time he punched someone his fist would shatter.

Just an FYI guys, stand stats fall under the whole "power levels are bullshit" blanket. They are too inconsistent.

@The Smashor let me break it down for you:

Pre DIO's World = Jotaro at peak physical condition + Star Platinum + a few months/5-7 battles of combat experience

Post DIO's World = Jotaro at an above average physical condition + Star Platinum: The World + 30 years/at least 15 battles of combat experience

Do you understand now?

At the very least, can we decide on what to change about Jotaro's profile to make it look like it's not just the Stardust Crusaders one?

I know stand stats are normally bullshit, but I think its an exception when smits just a before and after of the SAME stand. Other stats are BS because its comparing two different stats. SP's A in Power is from punches, Kiss' A in Power is from when he stickers merge. But in this case we are comparing two versions of the same stand.

Okay. Are the rest of you fine with this?

I still feel like we should be able to specify certain parts in vs threads, since the differences are somewhat small (Part 3 is less skilled, Part 4 has a shorter time stop, Part 6 is likely at least a little less durable)

Part 6 doesn't demonstrate a lesser durability. Star Platinum: The World can't have less durability than 8-C+ because that's exactly what his AP is. If he did then whenever he punched someone his fists would shatter, which isn't the case.

Specifying parts seems over-controlling and unnecessary. What fight is Post-DIO SDC Jotaro going to win that DiU Jotaro won't win, and vice versa? You can include part 6 Jotaro into that.

The only drastically different Jotaro's are pre-DIO and post-DIO/SO. The others are just varying shades that aren't relevant when indexing aside from having their summary and respective profile pictures.

Okay so for a compromise since your points aren't entirely invalid, I updated his profile and added some missing tabs in reference to his second key. In durability I put "at least Building level+" and mentioned that the statbook has shown that his durability has significantly lower, though he is still able to withstand the force of his own punches.

I added a note too just letting people know the difference between post and pre-dio.

ProfessorLord said:
Part 6 doesn't demonstrate a lesser durability. Star Platinum: The World can't have less durability than 8-C+ because that's exactly what his AP is. If he did then whenever he punched someone his fists would shatter, which isn't the case.
its still 8-C+, just unqauntifably lower. But not by much.

And Stand Anatomy probably isn't the same as human anatomy. Especially since some stands are not humanoid in the slightest. And stand damage reflection dosn't mean they are the same physically, just look at Harvest.

DragonEmperor23 said:
On a minor side note the (albeit by luck) should be removed from Jotaro's feat of outwitting D'arby the gambler. He didn't win by luck, he tricked D'arby into thinking that he had a good deck. It even showed in the end that Jotaro's cards were garbage, he only won due to outmaneuvering D'arby.
Do we agree on this?

The Smashor said:
And Stand Anatomy probably isn't the same as human anatomy. Especially since some stands are not humanoid in the slightest. And stand damage reflection dosn't mean they are the same physically, just look at Harvest.
It's at least similar, probably the same. It's based on the users psyche, if they believe their Stand should have blood then so be it.

That being said, we can see Star Platinum bleed in a few fights, the one with Silver Chariot and Kira come to mind. So it suggests he at least has a primitive circulatory system of some sort, otherwise he wouldn't bleed.

@DragonEmperor I'll remove that. You're right, it doesn't matter what cards he had on hand, so long as he bluffed like he did he would have won regardless.

Back