• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Part 2 Joseph, right?

Meruem wins due heaving a higher attack potency than Joseph, he can still give him a hard fight due how unpreditacble he is and his reactions, but Meruem lands a good blow and he is toast.

Part 3 Joseph can give him a better fight due his Hamon + Stand, but he still losses due Meruem's higher AP

Not sure. Joseph's likely not able to hurt Meruem at all due to the difference in power, but Joseph's reactions are so much faster that Meruem's going to struggle landing any sort of hit. However, Part II Joseph is an incredibly capable tactician (which is how he took care of Esidisi, Wamuu, and Ultimate Kars), so it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to pull something off using his surroundings.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Not sure. Joseph's likely not able to hurt Meruem at all due to the difference in power, but Joseph's reactions are so much faster that Meruem's going to struggle landing any sort of hit. However, Part II Joseph is an incredibly capable tactician (which is how he took care of Esidisi, Wamuu, and Ultimate Kars), so it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to pull something off using his surroundings.
Actually since that was not his movement speed then Meruem can just AOE him via Rage Blast and that will still hit him.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:

Hmm if someone is like 87K times faster than you (using 2c Joseph) then the chance of Joseph making Meruem look like a complete joke in CQC is way to high.

As much as I loooove Joseph Joestar (like seriously one of my top five favorite characters in anything ever), and as much as Joseph Joestar DOES have the ability to use tactics to defeat opponents far stronger than himself, I'm pretty sure that Meruem has got this one handily. As others have pointed out, he is capable of powerful AOE attacks with Rage Blast, and Joseph has shown no evidence of being able to escape something like that before.

There's also the significant (pre-Rose) and LARGE (post-Rose) gaps in durability between Joseph and Meruem to consider. With Meruem at city-level durability, attacks from Joseph would most likely hardly do anythig to him. Meanwhile, all Meruem would have to do is land one good hit (since he's casual town-to-large-town level) on Joseph, and Joseph would at the very least be very severely damaged if not actually dead from that single hit.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Bump, because I can.

This one appears to be dead, dude. Which saddens me because I think it's an awesome matchup.

Still think Meruem would win though, albeit with high difficulty due to Joseph's speed.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Probably because there are not enough People likes them...

That's probably more an issue of Meruem than Joseph Joestar. Good ol' Jojo is a VERY popular character in anime/manga fandom. Meruem. . .not so much, in fact a LOT of Hunter x Hunter fans didn't like the Chimera Ant arc much at all (me included. . .I thought the battles kicked ass, but overall the whole thing seemed like somewhat of "a waste of time").

Back