• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jonathan Joestar fights a different type of Monster (8-3-0)

Okay well I don't see why Chelshia getting injured is that big of a deal, though. She can perform just as well injured as she does normally, unless we're just going to assume game mechanics from that? I'm not really sure, but my point is that she's been injured before, and even on the brink of death she can still dish out a lot of damage and should still be able to play her range game decently well.

What's the max range Jonathan can fight at? I haven't watched enough of part one.

How long does that exposure have to be and does it come from sustained physical contact or

is it just a passive thing? The closest thing she's had to dealing with muscle loss is...I dunno I guess getting shocked could do that to you, but I dunno.

Jonathan does use mindhax in his second key. If she decides to be a chest, Jon'll definitely mindhax her. Hamon also bypassed dura and has various adverse effects like organs shutting down etc.

Jonathan low difficulty.

So he just always automatically starts off with a hamon blast in a normal fight? Or the whole mind control stuff?

Hamon is normally melee, but it can be extended by conducting through surfaces. Mindhax is in character, but he probably won't start with it.

Okay than that won't work. I'm also basically just asking if Jonathan always starts off with a hamon punch on every single enemy or not, because...that seems pretty important.

And always with the intent of, like, organ rupture? Like would one hit just kill her? Because if not she could still possibly get out of that.

If you only have the one type of attack, and you are fighting to kill, there's no reason he won't use lethal force. And since Hamon ignores durability for everyone, she'll get off'd in one hit if it lands. Tbh, I don't know why anyone would even vote for Chelshia.

I voted Jonathan btw. You didn't count it.

That's only one scenario that can happen, though. Chelshia could also just keep a ranged game going on. It's in character for her to do that, and as she's a video game protagonist it's a little bit difficult to see how exactly she'd react to a fight first, however she'd always charge up a saucy shot first. That's just something everyone would likely do, considering you can charge it in the midst of conversation.

Chelshia has a good keep away game and can easily keep a distance from Jonathan, especially with her dashing and her mobility in the air or otherwise. She can literally just build up distance with every dash

Jackythejack said:
How long does that exposure have to be and does it come from sustained physical contact or
is it just a passive thing? The closest thing she's had to dealing with muscle loss is...I dunno I guess getting shocked could do that to you, but I dunno.
Caesar, without any notably high amount of hamon output (the charge was not visible), brought a woman under his control after a few seconds. I would assume the time for loss of muscle control is less than that.

Jackythejack said:
And always with the intent of, like, organ rupture? Like would one hit just kill her? Because if not she could still possibly get out of that.
He would never need that intention. Humans lose control of their muscles after being exposed to hamon for a very short time frame, and the undead due from even less.

I vote Jonathan via pumping her full of hamon to cause paralysis, and the beats her down until she is incapacitated for a prolonged period of time. He could also be capable of controlling her, but Jonathan has never been seen to use it so I would assume it is out of character for him. Basically, Jonathan Oras to victory. For these reasons, I vote for the OG Joestar

What I meant is that while she uses her fists and prefers to utilize those, she can still keep a distance with her saucy shot. In some encounters it'd be more favorable to do that, such as with the Chibeara or the captain, as approaching them from melee would be stupid.

It's nkt like she would only do one or the other. Chelshia acts so random half the time that it's kind of up to chance with what she feels like doing, I just know that going on the range as an opening isn't like her as it can be a preferable strategy against one of the bosses or enemies that are more powerful than her.

By exposed to hamon do you mean just being in the general vicinity or what? How does that work?

Exposed to Hamon can mean a few things. Probably the most basic answer is he punches her while using hamon. It can also mean that he hits her while they are mutually exposed to plants or steel

Back