• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jonathan Joestar fights a different type of Monster (8-3-0)

Yo Arsenal I know you likely just goin on or something but somebody else voted for Chelshia just so you know.

But she is stronger hahaha

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to find something... ANYTHING... that could squeeze bond into low tier 8 hahaha

But oh well, it's not to be.

Actually, Jonathan is 8-C+. Meaning he's atleast 1.25 tons. Also, Hamon basically negates durability, considering how a single Hamon-infused attack could enter your bloodstream and tear you apart from the inside.

The AP gap honestly doesn't mean much, though. Chelshia has fought opponents stronger than her.

Also does durability negation just mean you one shot? I...never understood that.

So? Does that make her durability stronger?

Also, basically, yeah. Either that or deal serious damage. But most of the time one-shot.

I mean yes if she's able to take those hits that's would mean that her durability is essentially stronger, so she should be able to take most attacks.

And does every attack from Hamon just kinda...do that? Because I thought Jonathan just sometimes punches people and they...don't do that?

Her dura and AP is Building Level. Jonathan has Building Level+ dura and AP.

Building level+ > Building level

Uh, anybody that Jonathan punched with Hamon basically got melted. i.e. Tarkus, Dio. Granted,ithey were vampires, so they're pretty sensetive to Hamon. But it still affects normal humans nevertheless, just at a slower rate.

So what I'm basically hearing is that Chelshia doesn't immediately get bloodstream shot outta her, okay that's cool. Does Jonathan use it a lot against things that aren't vampires? I'm actually curious about that. If so that still gives. Chelshia and opening to get some good punches in before having to go on range.

Under the circumstances that he would fight a random ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ât╠Â-╠Âg╠Âi╠Âr╠Âl╠ monster-girl, I believe he would use some hamon in his blows. But certainly not enough to intentionally boil her blood

This ain't no cat girl but fair enough. So you know he wouldn't immediately be like "ha your blood boiled"

I feel as though that gives Chelshia a good chance to get away as soon as she takes one hit and just thinks

"Oh, that hurts okay I'll make sure that doesn't happen again."

The main thing, however, is that Jonathan still has nearl a 3x in AP and Dura advantage, so she's gonna need more to wittle him down. He has no reason to stop attacking once she is in range, and she would still need to recover from a blow way stronger than she can take, decide that she needs to move away and actually move away before the next barrage of punches come.

Considering Jonathan can also channel Hamon into things, has an entire park with big rocks and hills and trees and lakes to abuse moving around and baiting her into attack range (he can also channel hamon into water, and those attacks have much longer range), she's in a tough spot if she doesn't go ranged from the first moment, or if she doesn't wail on him enough that he catches on and changes his battle strategy.

Chelshia should be able to take the punches, however, whether by going into the chest form after the first one or two punches, or by trying her best to tank them. Times three shouldn't be enough to destroy her immediately I don't think, at least not with one barrage of fists. She can still run away with the instant speed amplification which she can, and often does, spam. She'd be automatically faster than Jonathan and can dash away before he can prepare another set of punches.

However considering that Chelshia's range game is about three times stronger than her normal punches, it helps out a lot in the long run. She'd end up actually doing more damage by being forced to fight at a range, so it's not like she wouldn't just do that the moment she senses he's too strong to take in an actual fight.

Trying her best to tank doesn't change the AP difference. And not enough yes, but enough to damage her substantially at worst and fighting while already damaged is all the harder, and that is if we assume she slips away before he finishes pummeling. And since when can she turn into a chest without falling first? That's not a thing last I saw. She'd still need to think through all the pummeling, jump and then turn into a chest, or turn and punch in the direction she's dashing to (because the dash IS a punch) before the next punch comes and connects with her, which is unlikely.

I will really need you to start pulling up stuff to justify these claims, 3 times stronger? I have seen nothing about her being able to just remain in her chest and load her saucy shot, but I have seen her move around charging it. And you are missing my point, that he can still net even more hits on her even if she starts playing the ranged game, or baiting her into getting into middle range and still netting more hits. She'd start fighting someone while hurt and who has regen, if low regen.

I thought his regen was touched based though? And I don't entirely understand how he gets more range. Maybe it's just because of my sheer lack of knowledge on Jojo, but I'm not too sure, I'll be frank.

Also it's pretty simple. Her punches take three hits to kill a normal enemy, but take one hit with the saucy shot. It's three times stronger. Also she can just stand and turn into a chest, and she can charge a shot while in it. I can try to get some video proof but it's gonna be difficult to do so because...I dunno how to get them easily. Is there like a software I gotta use or...?

Jonathan should be stronger and have a comparable or even superior level of experience and skill, then, as he is far higher than Tarkus, the one with the 756 kg feat.

He also has a couple of attacks that go out of Standard Melee Range so it isn't like he's a sitting duck.

My general mental image is the fact that she has no reason to believe she's in danger at first, so getting closer is likely. And with the pummeling Jonathan is gonna give and no regen, I am not sure how much she'll be able to compensate when she's that hurt from the get go.

Actually, SBA assumes the characters are aware that they are in combat, so she would absolutely understand danger being afoot.

Meant more the fact that Jonathan is stronger in pure AP than her, as favoring range from the start is not her main gimmick and she has no way to know the above.

Back