• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

General rule of thumb.
If your Stand can 1v1 TW or Plat in context without set up, you overextended.

General rule of thumb.
I don't believe Do-Re-Mi (non-Requiem) could 1v1 The World or Star Platinum, at least not without an extremely skilled user. First, although I say it's "comparable" to them in power enough to be in the same ballpark, it can't hit quite as hard or move quite as fast even when manifested all in one place, so it would be at a noticeable disadvantage in a Stand Rush. Second, it has no direct counter to Time Stop. Third, both its ability to unravel into notes that fly independently and its music blasts require great finesse to control properly, which doesn't come built-in and must be trained very hard to master, and I don't imagine the user as a Stand-using genius.

I don't believe Do-Re-Mi (non-Requiem) could 1v1 The World or Star Platinum, at least not without an extremely skilled user. First, although I say it's "comparable" to them in power enough to be in the same ballpark, it can't hit quite as hard or move quite as fast even when manifested all in one place, so it would be at a noticeable disadvantage in a Stand Rush. Second, it has no direct counter to Time Stop. Third, both its ability to unravel into notes that fly independently and its music blasts require great finesse to control properly, which doesn't come built-in and must be trained very hard to master, and I don't imagine the user as a Stand-using genius.
That’s fair. I guess then it’s more like Stone Free and Gold Experience where it has good close range power, but is overall a bit weaker than the ones who ultimately invest in that kind of stuff.

On the topic of its range, honestly even if it needs to be trained, 5km is MASSIVE. I feel like a range of even 1km would be just as effective without getting too crazy.

Who's the spaghetti man?
Short version, it’s one of the Rohan short story antagonists

Longer answer that’s still kinda short, it’s basically a living black hole disguised as a human that higher dimensional beings are using to hunt for humans. Think of humans as fish, and the Spaghetti man as a worm on a hook.

A fanmade Stand should never be able to beat Plat flatout. It's like making a Dragon Ball OC, and that OC is like as strong as Zeno or something.

Stands have purpose, they don't just do everything. In the context of Stands, if your Stand can box TW, it isnt going to have all this hax, it's a trade off.

If a Stand is a Power-Type, it usually trades wide utility moves like what's being described for said stat advantage. A power type can have abilities, but theyre usually specific in nature.

This Stand reads like a phenomena Type Stand, that has the benefits of a long range Stand (even tens of meters is extremely good, hundreds is for Stands dedicated to being long range like Aqua Necklace), with the ability to become a god tier in CQC (Even being close to Plat and TW means it outboxes every Power Type bar maybe 3). That's to much at once. For reference, we do have Stands that do as described, Stone Free for example is a long ranged Stand, that can fold together to become a Power Type, but she still pales compared to true Power Types and her ability is niche to offset that advantage, having utility, but only in specific cases.

A fanmade Stand should never be able to beat Plat flatout.
It can't and was never envisioned to be able to.
Stands have purpose, they don't just do everything. In the context of Stands, if your Stand can box TW, it isnt going to have all this hax, it's a trade off.

If a Stand is a Power-Type, it usually trades wide utility moves like what's being described for said stat advantage. A power type can have abilities, but theyre usually specific in nature.
First, it can't box that hard, and second, I would argue that Weather Report, which is stronger physically than Do-Re-Mi, is comparable in versatility.
This Stand reads like a phenomena Type Stand, that has the benefits of a long range Stand (even tens of meters is extremely good, hundreds is for Stands dedicated to being long range like Aqua Necklace), with the ability to become a god tier in CQC (Even being close to Plat and TW means it outboxes every Power Type bar maybe 3). That's to much at once. For reference, we do have Stands that do as described, Stone Free for example is a long ranged Stand, that can fold together to become a Power Type, but she still pales compared to true Power Types and her ability is niche to offset that advantage, having utility, but only in specific cases.
First, once the notes go past tens of meters, they and their music become weaker than the average 10-C, so even though Do-Re-Mi can technically go kilometers, at that point, it's so weak that uses for it to go that far are going to be rare as heck. Second, what's supposed to offset the advantage here is that Do-Re-Mi is extremely difficult to control with any precision if you try to use it as anything more sophisticated than a generic striking Stand, even though its haxes have high potential.

So can we add "1-A with Beyond" tier on both joji and dio?
Not really. At best, they get 1-A durability since Beyond only can defend them from threats by manipulating the plot around them. I doubt even that though, since he never directly helps them. Beyond never gives them any power, just protects them indirectly.

Not really. At best, they get 1-A durability since Beyond only can defend them from threats by manipulating the plot around them. I doubt even that though, since he never directly helps them. Beyond never gives them any power, just protects them indirectly.
Well, i remember dio uses beyond to think he is "the king of the world" and awakening the world ultimate after that getting stomp by kars lol tho i don't remember which page is it

Well, i remember dio uses beyond to think he is "the king of the world" and awakening the world ultimate after that getting stomp by kars lol tho i don't remember which page is it
Beyond doesn’t make it so that his chosen characters don’t struggle or can’t be injured (we literally see George die despite having beyond help him), but rather that they will ultimately persist and beat their opponent through narrative events. So it isn’t surprising Dio got bodied by Kars even after thinking that.

Also iirc, he only awakened TWU after seeing Kars do it first, so it’s not even like TWU is some beyond trickery either if that’s what you meant.

General rule of thumb.
I had an MC who held his own against DIO for a bit. He used Berryberry Skull, which I put at Chariot level, and wore it like a suit of armor, while charging it with Hamon. I actually had a bit of trouble trying to figure out a way for DIO to win, so I had him through a stop sign through his torso.

I had an MC who held his own against DIO for a bit. He used Berryberry Skull, which I put at Chariot level, and wore it like a suit of armor, while charging it with Hamon. I actually had a bit of trouble trying to figure out a way for DIO to win, so I had him through a stop sign through his torso.
What’s this story you wrote?

Beyond doesn’t make it so that his chosen characters don’t struggle or can’t be injured (we literally see George die despite having beyond help him), but rather that they will ultimately persist and beat their opponent through narrative events. So it isn’t surprising Dio got bodied by Kars even after thinking that.

Also iirc, he only awakened TWU after seeing Kars do it first, so it’s not even like TWU is some beyond trickery either if that’s what you meant.
Ok then, then should we add "Varies with Beyond" or "Unknown with Beyond" if this case?

Dio had TWU first, Funny says as much, Kars copied it off him.
Beyond makes it so they win no matter what, but how they win can be complex, nuanced, and a struggle, it's just that they 100% will win no matter what, asspulls can happen, deus ex machinas can occur, but that doesn't mean the route to victory won't have hardships, all that's guranteed is that they will win, how it happens can be all over the place.

Beyond likes things to be interesting basically, it's writing a story after all, they might be assured victory, but like, we know Goku will win in Daima for example at the end, but that won't mean stuff won't happen to make it interesting.

Back