• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Discussion Thread IV: Diamond is Unbreakable

we need to kill mftl part 5
No, that's like, one of the few MFTL's I'm fine with. They downscale heavily though, like GE dudes barely react (he could barely turn around in the time it took King Crimson to move like 3m and punch his ******* arm off, like yeah he reacted, but there IS a gap), he's probably a solid 10-15x slower, but due to wiki standards he gets "at most mftl" due to the whole arbitrary downscaling thing, personally I have his ass just FTL but eh, wiki rules. Spice Girl, King Crimson, zippers (not even SF himself, the ******* zippers), all flat out MFTL tho.

No, that's like, one of the few MFTL's I'm fine with. They downscale heavily though, like GE dudes barely react (he could barely turn around in the time it took King Crimson to move like 3m and punch his ******* arm off, like yeah he reacted, but there IS a gap), he's probably a solid 10-15x slower, but due to wiki standards he gets "at most mftl" due to the whole arbitrary downscaling thing, personally I have his ass just FTL but eh, wiki rules. Spice Girl, King Crimson, zippers (not even SF himself, the ******* zippers), all flat out MFTL tho.
Hey Chariot, just here wondering your opinions on which JoJo would win in a fight without any special powers, which was a question earlier for the thread. It's Jonathan or Joseph, right?

Hey Chariot, just here wondering your opinions on which JoJo would win in a fight without any special powers, which was a question earlier for the thread. It's Jonathan or Joseph, right?
Define without powers?
No hamon?

Jonathan or Jotaro or Joseph.
Jotaro for all things worth, has the best AP feat calced for base, is the quickest in reactions, and MIGHT have a dumb as shit LS feat, but scaling wise he's eh.
Jonathan even before training had some wild feats though and is well into 9-B and probably like Class 10 and like subsonic+. After training he, well mf is a tank at least, he ain't getting beat, but he might not be beating anyone type deal.
Joseph is the same as Jonathan but less innately powerful, but he also has the best scaling without Hamon, so while his feats themselves ass, he scales to some stupid shit without amps that puts him probably highest, probably the training.

The issue is, their base states have zero relation between each other or even scaling, you just kinda have to look at their individual feats and scaling and go "yeah I think he might be the highest" because there's no throughline between them to where you can go "oh, he had trouble with this, but he didn't so he's >", or whatever.

Jotaro for all things worth, has the best AP feat calced for base, is the quickest in reactions, and MIGHT have a dumb as shit LS feat, but scaling wise he's eh.
Jonathan even before training had some wild feats though and is well into 9-B and probably like Class 10 and like subsonic+. After training he, well mf is a tank at least, he ain't getting beat, but he might not be beating anyone type deal.
Joseph is the same as Jonathan but less innately powerful, but he also has the best scaling without Hamon, so while his feats themselves ass, he scales to some stupid shit without amps that puts him probably highest, probably the training.

The issue is, their base states have zero relation between each other or even scaling, you just kinda have to look at their individual feats and scaling and go "yeah I think he might be the highest" because there's no throughline between them to where you can go "oh, he had trouble with this, but he didn't so he's >", or whatever.
Have you taken into account their physical stats? Apparently the first 5 JoJos of the series have stats, going by the JoJo Wiki. Could that be used to justify scaling?

Could we scale no-Hamon Joseph above Old Joseph?

Yeah, he basically says himself he isn't as fit as he used to be.
Have you taken into account their physical stats? Apparently the first 5 JoJos of the series have stats, going by the JoJo Wiki. Could that be used to justify scaling?
If you go by those stats, Jonathan is physically strongest at A, and Joseph and Jotaro tied at B.

But the stats are vague as ****, and just little excerpts from shounen jump, not exactly the most reliable, and then there's shit like "Explosive power", which seems to be rage.

Yeah, he basically says himself he isn't as fit as he used to be.

If you go by those stats, Jonathan is physically strongest at A, and Joseph and Jotaro tied at B.

But the stats are vague as ****, and just little excerpts from shounen jump, not exactly the most reliable, and then there's shit like "Explosive power", which seems to be rage.
Got it, that does make sense. Plus, they're from 1997, so maybe Araki has changed his mind. But one thing is accurate for sure.... Josuke having an A in explosive power.

Was more talking physicals and stamina, but, yeah, perhaps, but Old Joseph scales lower than Jotaro anyway in reactions.

Though theyre all mftl.

Where do you have her at?
Based on a calc I did, like, 0.13c iirc, so rel.

Idk I kinda put Part 6 overhauls on hold, I just have the foundations done, doing more important ones like Jotaro first. Jolyne's feat box is only up to like ch60.

So, JoJolands will be a year old soon. I hope Araki gives us the names of our potential new side protagonist and his stand, he has a cool design and unique ability

Yeah, no real feats though. It's an exposition chapter.

Is anybody else questioning why ANYBODY from Steel Ball Run is MFTL in the first place? The part has consistent Transonic feats AT MOST, so why is everybody and their mama scaling to Part 3's The World? EVERYBODY that has a profile for SBR except Wekapipio, The Eleven Men, and Pocoloco has a MFTL rating, quite honestly giving it out like candy. Also, nobody's fooled by the attempt to hide Hot Pants' speed rating by changing it to unknown when the reasoning for her MFTL scaling is still there... To get this out of the way first and foremost, DIO and Diego are not the same people and they don't have the same souls. By that logic, it doesn't take a genius to deduce that they don't have the exact same stand based on that. Following that line of thinking, both stands shouldn't scale to each other, no matter how similar they look or how similar their abilities are. To add to my point, BOTH D4C AND The World have each had a very clear moment where they haven't been able to move faster than a bullet. Let me explain, first starting with D4C. So, when Johnny is off his horse and Valentine comes back from being spun around like a record, he fake pleads to get out of the infinite rotation, as villains do. Just as Johnny's about to reverse the infinite rotation, instead of waiting until AFTER the infinite rotation is dispersed to attack Johnny. His NPC settings kick in to stop SBR from having the villain win, and he goes to grab his gun from behind him to shoot Johnny while D4C moves to attack Johnny by crushing his skull with its fist. Johnny reacts quickly and does the same, but here's my thing. Act 2's bullets and the actual bullets fired from Valentine's gun are fired at the same time and move at the same speed. Not only is that one anti-feat in the face of multiple, and I do mean multiple for MFTL SBR. D4C can't even strike Johnny before Tusk Act 2's bullets reach Valentine. The same thing basically happens with A.U The World, the one somehow comparable to Part 3's The World's speed scaling and the one who started this whole MFTL idea for SBR in the first place. What do we even have in defense for MFTL Steel Ball Run? The feats are non-existent, and the anti-feats are NUMEROUS. The relation between both The World's is only relegated to their design and ability. It's clear it's simply a reference to a previous part and nothing else.

God, this whole mini-rant really makes me want to make a CRT, but I don't have any calcs on hand... If I had to estimate though, Diego should be the only HUMAN in the SBR cast with High Subsonic- Low Transonic speed ONLY WHEN PARTIALLY TRANSFORMED given the fact he's evaded bullets from Wekapipo and Valentine I believe. He's easily blitzed normal humans like the guard he took the clothes off of to disguise himself with, knocking him out as well in one clean process. Speaking of Valentine, Diego has confirmed he's faster than D4C and this checks out. Diego has moved fast enough to evade D4C's punches and grab Valentine's neck, punch Valentine in the nose, causing a nosebleed all before Valentine could even react, and even damn near SLICED D4C's hands off but that's all already highlighted on his profile for his AP. I also believe this speed scaling should transfer to Alt. Diego as well, given how he dodged one of Tusk's nail bullets with seemingly little effort. Anyway, how MFTL SBR got accepted is beyond me, but I'll fix this soon enough...

Last edited:
Back