• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo Stand User Bracket Round 1 Match 7 (Giorno vs Johnny)

Firstly, I think it's important to mention that in 'Golden Heart, Golden Ring', a canon light novel that Araki had direct involvement in, Giorno created an animal in the direct path of a sniper bullet that was shot from hundreds of meters away. The animal got shot through, and the wound was reflected onto the shooter, who was once again hundreds of meters away. The attack reflection has even been showed reflecting abilities, such as gravity manip. So yeah, if Johnny shoots nail bullets at Giorno from a long distance away, Giorno will deadass intercept that shit mid-flight.
Honestly this won't be an issue, we've already seen what happens to Johnny when hit by his own fingers, he won't die. Giorno cannot survive from it. So given Johnny lands just one I'm seeing him win.

Only issue is the speed and ap, I think Johnny can generally dodge anything thrown at him with the holes.

Giorno's horse animal can reflect stand abilities like act 3's weight, so he should be able to reflect the damage of the hole
The "damage" it's doing is spatial manipulation, they get sucked in the hole and have their body torn a apart. Johnny literally shot himself with this ability and uses it casually, the "damage" will not do anything to him is my whole point. There's the also the fact that Johnny has to shoot an animal with it for this to actually work, Considering how johnny fights, he won't just shoot a random animal.

The "damage" it's doing is spatial manipulation, they get sucked in the hole and have their body torn a apart. Johnny literally shot himself with this ability and uses it casually, the "damage" will not do anything to him is my whole point. There's the also the fact that Johnny has to shoot an animal with it for this to actually work, Considering how johnny fights, he won't just shoot a random animal.
well it's about if Giorno uses life giving or not but mostly, fair point
but still Giorno regen and stats and intelligence advantage, depending on how it goes Gio could just make a shield of trees or something, we don't know how he actually fights ranged stand users though since he really never does

Honestly this won't be an issue, we've already seen what happens to Johnny when hit by his own fingers, he won't die. Giorno cannot survive from it. So given Johnny lands just one I'm seeing him win.
The thing is though, Johnny only has one way of winning this match, which is to shoot Giorno directly in the head. Anywhere else on Gio won't do

The question is now, how does Johnny reliably do that? Just causally shooting at him from a distance away ain't gonna work, Giorno can just reflect it and has the speed advantage to dodge it, honestly Johnny's just wasting time if he does that. Using the holes to shoot at Giorno in his blind spot is better, but I ain't convinced it's going to be effective enough. Once again there's the large speed advantage that Gio holds, the dude can intercept and dodge at point blank range if he has to. There's also the large intelligence advantage he has over Johnny, the analytical and calm approach he has to battles, he ain't going to be so open to be shot in the head. Hell Giorno has figured out more complicated stand abilities before, the dudes gonna figure out what's Johnny's doing with the holes and come up with a strategy to counter it. And fast. Plus there's the whole stealth shit that Gio has in his arsenal. And once again, Johnny has to go for the head here, nowhere else. Giorno can just heal otherwise.

If Johnny ever gets in too close or Giorno gets into range, it's game over for Johnny due to the AP advantage and sense manip that Gio has.

A lot has to go right for Johnny to win this battle, and he needs to win very quickly. If he can't win quickly or he gets caught slippin once, Giorno wins.
The "damage" it's doing is spatial manipulation, they get sucked in the hole and have their body torn a apart. Johnny literally shot himself with this ability and uses it casually, the "damage" will not do anything to him is my whole point.
Yes it won't do any damage to him, but it will stagger him or at the very least put him off his rhythm. This window will give Giorno the opportunity to get up close and personal, and if Giorno does get close, it ain't looking too good for Johnny.
There's the also the fact that Johnny has to shoot an animal with it for this to actually work, Considering how johnny fights, he won't just shoot a random animal.
It's not a matter of whether Johnny wants to or not, Gio will make an animal to intercept the bullet's trajectory after Johnny's already shot it. Plus, enemies such as Polpo and Ghiaccio didn't even realise Giorno used transmutation before it was too late, and Johnny likely won't either.

The thing is though, Johnny only has one way of winning this match, which is to shoot Giorno directly in the head. Anywhere else on Gio won't do

The question is now, how does Johnny reliably do that? Just causally shooting at him from a distance away ain't gonna work, Giorno can just reflect it and has the speed advantage to dodge it, honestly Johnny's just wasting time if he does that. Using the holes to shoot at Giorno in his blind spot is better, but I ain't convinced it's going to be effective enough. Once again there's the large speed advantage that Gio holds, the dude can intercept and dodge at point blank range if he has to. There's also the large intelligence advantage he has over Johnny, the analytical and calm approach he has to battles, he ain't going to be so open to be shot in the head. Hell Giorno has figured out more complicated stand abilities before, the dudes gonna figure out what's Johnny's doing with the holes and come up with a strategy to counter it. And fast. Plus there's the whole stealth shit that Gio has in his arsenal. And once again, Johnny has to go for the head here, nowhere else. Giorno can just heal otherwise.

If Johnny ever gets in too close or Giorno gets into range, it's game over for Johnny due to the AP advantage and sense manip that Gio has.

A lot has to go right for Johnny to win this battle, and he needs to win very quickly. If he can't win quickly or he gets caught slippin once, Giorno wins.
I disagree, against Sandman, the hole can target ones heart so I think the heart is another option. Also he can shoot multiple of the holes, its not going to be just one. Similar with Axl or Sandman, He can shoot different ones which Giorno won't be able to handle all the directions that Johnny can appear at. I will agree that Giorno getting in cqc will basically give him the win if Johnny exhaust all his fingers or he'll just escape through holes.
It's not a matter of whether Johnny wants to or not, Gio will make an animal to intercept the bullet's trajectory after Johnny's already shot it. Plus, enemies such as Polpo and Ghiaccio didn't even realise Giorno used transmutation before it was too late, and Johnny likely won't either.
Honestly this isn't happening. All the animals Giorno use don't reflect attacks iirc, he also from what I know only did it two times, and that was against a random guy (with the frog) and some sniper. I highly doubt Giorno would go with that not knowing how Johnny's ability works and would rather dodge. I mean he honestly doesn't use this ability normally other than the two times brought up.

I disagree, against Sandman, the hole can target ones heart so I think the heart is another option. Also he can shoot multiple of the holes, its not going to be just one. Similar with Axl or Sandman, He can shoot different ones which Giorno won't be able to handle all the directions that Johnny can appear at. I will agree that Giorno getting in cqc will basically give him the win if Johnny exhaust all his fingers or he'll just escape through holes.

Honestly this isn't happening. All the animals Giorno use don't reflect attacks iirc, he also from what I know only did it two times, and that was against a random guy (with the frog) and some sniper. I highly doubt Giorno would go with that not knowing how Johnny's ability works and would rather dodge. I mean he honestly doesn't use this ability normally other than the two times brought up.
well the tree also reflected koichi's attack

The holes tend to go for the heart or the head. Tough to tell how well Gio would fend against either, I'd assume he'd probably be able to withstand a heart injury long enough to heal based on pure ******* big dick energy, but he won't be surviving a head shot probably.

All the animals Giorno use don't reflect attacks iirc, he also from what I know only did it two times, and that was against a random guy (with the frog) and some sniper.

Leaky Eye Luca, Koichi, and Ltd.
Mostly relegated to early on, except Ltd, which takes place almost immediately after The Mystery of King Crimson.

Only three times, but it's less "OOC" as it's more Araki realizing how ******* exploitable and uninteresting that makes fights and just quietly brushing it under the rug much like the sense manip (Though the latter was explained away in Black Sabbath and is stated to be something that can be turned off and on in guides, so at least that has a in context explanation), though if memory serves, no character past that point actually attacks Gio's animals, unless you count Ghiaccio and Ciocolatta but both are really weird cases given mold/cold and the former at least doesn't have a Stand ability that when it takes damage reflects back unto him.
Hell in the manga, Diavolo doesn't even crush the scorpion unlike the anime, he tears the flesh off and that's it, scorpion just walks away.
So it's kinda weird, and it isn't like it was retconned as the ability is detailed in both JoJoaGoGo and JoJoveller, both of which have no qualms retconning shit.
So the animal deflection is in a weird spot.

It's a thing, he has it, and he uses it when needed, but it's put in a spot past the early point where it's like never seen again for no real in-universe reason.

Not voting yet, I'm leaning towards someone here but I'll need to double check some scans first.

true it could be kinda op in theory
Giorno could just use his own dna to make another Giorno, who would then have the ability reflect all damage, who would also create another giorno, who would make another giorno
and eventually there's just an army of actually invincible Giornos
but I guess Giorno never really thought about the implications of his stand, given that he had no idea that he could just make bruno's brain go crazy when he punched him
he also took a while to figure out he could self heal as well

I feel like as long as long as Giorno catches on to Johnny’s ability he will probably use his ability in whatever way he needs to in order to win
he could for example, swarm him in bees to throw off his aim, or whatever other way he can win
I don’t really consider anything out of character for Giorno, he just doesn’t use some things when he doesn’t need to

Bees or even aim doesn't quite matter, the holes will move to the intended target.

For example, when Johnny's hit got deflected, hit a butterfly, the hole moved onto soundman. Or the tree. Or the wall. Happens many times.

The issue is it only moves for a few seconds, if it misses it'd need to get to johnny within like 3-4 seconds or it'll stop tracking.

So there's an advantage there but it's not infallible.

The short time can always be negated with Johnny getting closer via the holes.
Bees or even aim doesn't quite matter, the holes will move to the intended target.

For example, when Johnny's hit got deflected, hit a butterfly, the hole moved onto soundman. Or the tree. Or the wall. Happens many times.

The issue is it only moves for a few seconds, if it misses it'd need to get to johnny within like 3-4 seconds or it'll stop tracking.

So there's an advantage there but it's not infallible.

well the problem here is that unequalized speed doesn't get rid of his win conditions, it just gives giorno easier ones
Mhs+ Johnny means Ge can literally just wave it’s arms around casually on accident and should still manage to hit Johnny multiple times at close range. It has enough time to make a intricate sand castle before the nail leaves johnnies finger

Mhs+ Johnny means Ge can literally just wave it’s arms around casually on accident and should still manage to hit Johnny multiple times at close range. It has enough time to make a intricate sand castle before the nail leaves johnnies finger
true but the main point of debate right now is that holes would just allow him to ignore giorno's defenses
though even if speed is equalized I'm still going with giorno most likely so whatever

Back