• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OH DAMN... that animation... what season was that? I remember that episode lol
Season 1, Episode 9. Back when the show was Hand Drawn. Though Seasons 2, 3, and 4 to an extent was half Hand Drawn, Half Flash Animated.

OH DAMN... that animation... what season was that? I remember that episode lol

(also it looks like LS is one way to resist it, so I'm not sure if it's even viable anymore. Either suck up the air, or LS for Luffy)
Yes, LS is a viable option but you need to have low start in lag and a huge "hit box" to still hit him behind all of that wind

(also it looks like LS is one way to resist it, so I'm not sure if it's even viable anymore. Either suck up the air, or LS for Luffy)
1. If Luffy tries to suck it up, he's left vulnerable and Johnny can easily attack Luffy at that point.
2. If Luffy tries to withstand it via LS, he'll still take the damage, and since Johnny is over 2x stronger than him, that's not a good idea.

1. If Luffy tries to suck it up, he's left vulnerable and Johnny can easily attack Luffy at that point.
Or now jhonny is with both hands in luff mouth and both are unconfortable
2. If Luffy tries to withstand it via LS, he'll still take the damage, and since Johnny is over 2x stronger than him, that's not a good idea.
And without a good resistence to back It up you could also say that sinse luff to make a big hand he need to inflate his first that woukd be light enough to be blow away

I've already countered that before.
If Luffy tries to withstand it via LS, he'll still take the damage, and since Johnny is over 2x stronger than him, that's not a good idea.
True. He could also counter it with Balloon. Which allows him to reduce the amount of damage he takes as it's spread around his body.

So he couldn't atack jhonny trough the tornado hands in this state
Nope, he still has other options like Gum Gum Storm, or Gum Gum Hanabi.

There's also another ability he could use instead of sucking in the air, or turning into a Balloon to minimize damage: Gum Gum Kazaguruma, 1. Mind you Luffy will still take damage by the Tornados, however, he won't take knockback, and he can also grab onto Johnny while he's holding out the tornado, since Johnny keeps his arms out while the tornado is still active.

Like I said before, Luffy has far too many counters and far too versatile for Johnny to do any lasting damage.

Mind you Luffy will still take damage by the Tornados, however, he won't take knockback, and he can also grab onto Johnny while he's holding out the tornado, since Johnny keeps his arms out while the tornado is still active.
How will Luffy be able to grab Johnny when he can't even see him due to a city sized tornado covering his vision?

How will Luffy be able to grab Johnny when he can't even see him due to a city sized tornado covering his vision?
0203-019.png

Instinct

He'll still get blown away from the winds of the tornado, so it's a lose-lose situation for Luffy here.

No? He can still deflate himself and/or stretch his arms back to where he was.

Or he could while turning himself into a balloon, stick his feet into the ground. He has higher LS.

Or he could while turning himself into a balloon, stick his feet into the ground. He has higher LS.
this make sense, but would still be dificult see were jhnny is in the other side of the tornado (spinel could negate this by make a giant first and AOE to hit jhonny)

this make sense, but would still be dificult see were jhnny is in the other side of the tornado (spinel could negate this by make a giant first and AOE to hit jhonny)
Johnny will be at the same place as where he shot the tornado. Luffy just stretches where he last saw him. He has extremely good senses, instincts and luck to do so.

I mean there's nothing stopping him from dodging the fire, since it's a linear blast. As for the explosion idk - balloon again?

Nah it doesn't give heat resistance, but it can reduce the damage.
Let's see them, jhonny start's spaming tornado hands and teleport

Luff pass trough It and hit jhonny

Jhonny changes to power pods + teleportation that have a lot less start and end lag but less AOE

Makes sense?

He can't teleport when he's still in mid tornado hands.

Also this wincon is still VERY VERY unlikely. You're assuming that Luffy won't get a single hit in on Johnny, which is untrue. I already countered Random's point with Gum Gum Storm, Stamp, Kazaguruma. Not saying that Johnny can't win. But his wincon is EXTREMELY unlikely.

It's as if you're arguing that Johnny knows that if Luffy gets a hit in, then it's game over (which is true), but Johnny doesn't know that.

Once Johnny uses Tornado hands, Luffy has alot of options:

1) Suck the Tornado (in doing so he can use):
  • Gum Gum Storm
  • Gum Gum Stamp
  • Gum Gum Hanabi
  • Really any of his Gum Gum moves (which are ALOT)

2) Stick his feet into the ground (since he has higher LS):
  • Gum Gum Kazaguruma
  • Gum Gum Rocket + Gum Gum Bell
  • Gum Gum Marunoko
  • Once again any of his Gum Gum moves

3) Turn into a balloon to reduce damage:
- Point 1

4) Turn into a balloon AND stick his feet into the ground:
- Point 1 and 2

He can't teleport when he's still in mid tornado hands.
yes, never said anything against that
Also this wincon is still VERY VERY unlikely. You're assuming that Luffy won't get a single hit in on Johnny, which is untrue. I already countered Random's point with Gum Gum Storm, Stamp, Kazaguruma. Not saying that Johnny can't win. But his wincon is EXTREMELY unlikely.
Ok, could you just point were you counter point? I think i missed It
It's as if you're arguing that Johnny knows that if Luffy gets a hit in, then it's game over (which is true), but Johnny doesn't know that.
Acctually no, jhonny X is a long ranged spammer and knows that being hitted is bad, and even if he is hitted or need to go in close combat fight he could use animal transformation to at least be able to somewhat be able to fight against luff or just get into log distance again
Once Johnny uses Tornado hands, Luffy has alot of options:
ok, and when jhonny stop using It sinse he noticed isn't a as great of a option? I guess power pots aren't jhonny best option here but how would luff dodge It's AOE? (the size of a big american house if I remenber correctly)

Not at all. Luffy is an expert fighter. Luffy fought wild animals as a kid with ease. This sounds like extreme downplay against Luffy.
I mean, this animals still have jhonny x AP and arent animalistic in intelect, and isn't animals like a snake, It's more of elephant

I mean, this animals still have jhonny x AP and arent animalistic in intelect, and isn't animals like a snake, It's more of elephant
Luffy is also far smarter than Johnny so it quite literally does not matter. Also that would be an ez win for Luffy if Johnny ever bothered to get in close range.

Luffy is also far smarter than Johnny so it quite literally does not matter.
As I say, inteligence isn't like AP, It only gives advantage, if your oponent is more inteligent them you, don't means the same as having a AP advantage, fighting a snake that has human inteligence is more dificult them fightig a animalist one regardles of your inteligence.
Also that would be an ez win for Luffy if Johnny ever bothered to get in close range.
yes, I'm not arguin that jhonny would win in close combat, I'm just saing that jhonny wouldn't be completly overwelmed by luff combat skill thanks to being able to insta transmut to animals mid close combat

he would get stomped in close range. like it won't be a contest. Not only is Luffy a seasonal fighter who's exceptionally good at adapting mid combat, but he is also extremely versatile and has numerous of moves that can take Johnny down regardless of the animal he chooses, you also have to realize that Luffy still has the far far higher LS.

he would get stomped in close range. like it won't be a contest. Not only is Luffy a seasonal fighter who's exceptionally good at adapting mid combat, but he is also extremely versatile and has numerous of moves that can take Johnny down regardless of the animal he chooses, you also have to realize that Luffy still has the far far higher LS.
fair, I geting trow into luff direction alread, so ye, voting luff for your reasons, good debate

I forgot to mention that Johnny can fight while blind, so it won't be easy for Luffy to.hit Johmny either.
Luffy in this key beat a dude with some of the most ridiculous senses on the website. He’ll be fine

Forgot this was Alabasta. Smart man

Luffy still has ridiculous range so he’ll be fine

Check his intelligence, fighting someone with instinctive reactions shouldn’t be too difficult

Luffy still has ridiculous range so he’ll be fine

Check his intelligence, fighting someone with instinctive reactions shouldn’t be too difficult
Johnny can definitely match Luffy's range.

True. Luffy will have troubles at first, but he'll definitely adapt to that. Though, the same can be said for Johnny.

This is actually a very even matchup. Gotta pat myself on the back for making this.

Back