• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Wick vs Deckard Shaw

John continued his run from the High Table and the assassins sent after him. So far a total of 56 assassins had attacked him today. He had to figure out what to do or he wouldn't make it out the week. John took great care not to be seen and remain aware of his at all times in the midnight city of New York. This is when they would strike the most and with efficiency. One slip-up here meant death. John snuck into a back alley and into a hidden door. John hoped to meet one of his trusted friends, Javier, here so he could be supplied with more weapons, ammunition, and body armor to help fend off the threat longer til a solution was found. He entered the building to find the inside door already open. John instantly knew something was wrong and brought out his pistol prepared for the worst. He pushed the door open at silently as he could and peeked into the room to find Javier and his 16 goons all taken out and killed. John was now in attack mode and ready to confront the new assassin that was after him. He now quietly entered the room scanning it out for a target or some type of enemy. Out of the corner of his eye John saw a gun aimed at his head and immediately took cover. The assassin took the time to speak to him saying, "John Wick. An honor to finally meet in person. You might know me, you might not. That doesn't really matter now does it? A job's a job Mr. Wick." They both prepared themselves for a fight.

Speed Equalized

Both 9-B

John has access to his H&K hand gun and Shaw has a pistol

Battle takes place in a wide and open room 15 meters apart with some cover and some weapons around

John Wick: 7

Deckard Shaw: 1

Inconclusive:

07-john-wick-2-2.w700.h700
Deckard shaw

Shaw has superior durability than John Wick, also Shaw's fighting skills are still better. Shaw still has the advantage of his reaction speed, so John Wick won't be able to shoot Shaw successfully, as long as Shaw is able to focus to John Wick's movements.

I guess this is a fight between guns.

So I voted John Wick. He has the skill to shoot the gun above Shaw. He can shoot the opponent's head many times.

John Wick has instincts and bloodthirsty

also, John Wick is a good killer. He was ready to do everything to make his opponent die quickly, unlike Shaw who did everything slowly for killing one person.

If, for example, John Wick had fought with Luke Hobbs for the first time, he would not do anything crazy, such as kicking or punching, he would kill Luke Hobbs with the things around him.

Maybe killed Luke Hobbs with a pencil

Yes, Shaw has a gun as well, but John Wick has a great armor, general guns can't shoot him.

Although both of them shot at the same time, Shaw would have a greater chance of dying. Because he could not shoot him, Unless he shot at the head but that was John Wick's score to be better, John Wick's gun still superior

I'd actually argue Shaw (As breathtaking as Keanu is)

He's got MI6 training and was outright stated to be one of their more skilled agents. Here we see the guy has been in active service as a major for eight years and was in service as an assassin type for quite a long while (This also is not accounting for what he's six years he's been AWOL)

This leads me to my next point which is skill. While John is feared as the Baba Yaga and has wiped out whole underworld factions and assassins, Shaw has pretty easily taken out people above that paygrade which includes

• Him surviving the twenty operatives who were sent to deal with him offscreen
It also doesn't help that Shaw scales to better physicals then John (Like the dudes in Fast and Furious are ridiculous man) which are probably even better now with Hobbs and Shaw in theatres.

Now I know what you're gonna say:

"But best user Hellbeast1 John won't go for a straight fist fight when he can just take him out stealthily and he seems to spend less time on taking people out then Shaw does"

Well that's where this fight gets interesting, you see Deckard as a black ops man in his past probably knows these sorts of tactics (Reiterated by him surviving an encounter against twenty similarly trained guys sent out to kill him)

We also know he's stealthy when he wants since he snuck past Hobbs in 7 before their fight.

So yeah Deckard has the physicals to outmatch John, comparable if not greater experience to him as well as arguably comparable skill.

Deckard FTW

The distance of both is 15 meters, and both have guns. My answer is still John Wick.

It's a gun battle. In addition, the speed of both is equally, Deckard Shaw will not have a run to John Wick from 15 meters distance.

After watching all three movies,

John Wick has proven insanely good at winning quick draw battles across the series, constantly surviving shoot-outs and even sneak attacks.

John Wick has dealt with more than just 20 assassins sent to kill him- John Wick has dealt with an entire world of mercenaries sent to kill him due to the massive bounty on his head. He's wiped out entire buildings of heavily armored soldiers, tons of gangsters and trained assassins, such as when John was cornered inside a building in a Middle Eastern country I can't remember after his partner's dog was murdered, and he fought his way out.

Vote John Wick.

MI6? John was a former marine and has been a highly skilled assassin in his verse for the longest time. John's skill and training is nothing to scoff at and people tend to always overlook these facts for whatever reason. In John Wick Parabellum, it's revealed that John was born in a russian orphanage where they grapple with each other on a daily basis, hence why he's great at grappling and take down maneuvers. The traning that the military gives you will always be better than the training they give you for other branches in the Government, topped with John's own feats of skill such as eliminating Zero's groups of Ninja Assassins who can fodderize enitre groups of assassins, they were able to quickly dispatch of the homeless assassins and even the men of Winston. And John was able to defeat them after obtaining numerous lethal injuries and took care of them while on horseback and a motorcycle. This isn't taking into account of his fight with the two insanely skilled assassins from Casablanca, where he defeated both of them with only a belt while they had some of the best lethal weapons, that being karambits. Not only but he continued to fight Zero who's league's above anyone John has faced so far with all of his injuries from his previous fights. And still walked away victorious to fight off the soldiers sent by the High Table. While Shaw might be more durable John more than makes up with it his insane endurance and stamina, unless Shaw kills him right from the start which won't happen due to John having bullet proof that negs fire from guns that can put holes in thick steel beams. John takes this via comparable skill if not superior CQC, superior gun skills, superior training, better weaponry, armour and endurance.

Schnee One said:
His partners dog didn't die, it had a bulletproof vest on "(Nitpicking)
Shit I forgot

retract vote, I obviously don't know anything /s

I believe that's 4 for Shaw, 3 for John Wick, not the other way around.

Butters, Hellbeast, Ionlio, and Shadow for Shaw.

Me, Counters, and I am Myself for Wick.

I will just mention that military training is not this best you can get. Mi6 agents are already military trained on top of the training they receive there.

Shaw FRA

I'm aware however, the military you receive from a branch such as the marine is going to be tougher than training you get some agency's such as MI6. The difference between is the is that in the marines you are quite literally trained to kill meanwhile in MI6 your training revolves more around stealth, undercover work and sometimes combat. That's the difference between the two and I know since my stepfather is a former marine and had experience in agency's such as the CIA, he was actually going to be apart of the squad that protects the president. And from what hes told me the traning you do in the branches such as the marines and SEALS are much much tougher than agency's such as MI6. Also theres a difference between our troops here and the traning they get and how the British train their troops. Typically speaking our troops receive the better traning as we're the strongest military in the world and our troops are proof of that.

How long has John been in the military tho? Looking at my link on stream Deckard has been in the military 18 years (Not counting what he was doing in the gap)

And considering Shaw and Wick use stealth as their go to, someone being better trained in stealth is quite the problem for John

Back