• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Wick Lifting Strength

John wick is currently at Class 1 lifting strength. However, none of his feats support this. Class 1 lifting strength is not required for any of his stated feats (eg. throwing heavy weight characters/breaking necks while heavily injured).

Anyway though, none of his feats require Class 1 strength - hell most of them are doable with above average strength and good technique. Even the best and heaviest wrestlers in the world generally are only Athletic Human level.

Honestly, I'd at best give him Peak Human lifting strength as he can snap necks more easily than someone in real life, but it still takes him some effort.

Snapping a neck would be AP not lifting as far as I know. I also agree with downgrading him to Athletic Human.

It goes under lifting as it's a sustained force in a pulling or twisting motion, but yeah Athletic Human would be good.

Because snapping a neck the way most people in fiction do it is AP rather than Lifting strength.

Then they should. Something being wrong but used on multiple profiles doesn't justify the wrongness. It's still incorrect.

Assembled1801 said:
What about crushing a neck which is compressive strength?
As long as its not instant then its probably fine. Like a punch that crushes a neck would be AP while a grappling move than does so overtime would be Lifting Strength.

I know? I was just answering the question you presented. If you want a easier examples this would be AP and this would be lifting strength. A quick rapid action vs a slow sustained one.

So what about sending an heavily armored soldier flying by tossing a rifle at their helmets during the Continental shootout in Chapter 3? Their armors can withstand direct shots from pistols that can penetrate walls and steel beams.

I mean, that's also AP and fits with Wall level. Throwing a gun is lifting strength sure, but like, a child can throw guns.

John can lift two grown men at the same time and smash them though thick bullet proof glass. That sounds like peak human to superhuman lifting strength. I'm also postive he has some impressive LS feats

I don't at the moment but it was against two of Zero's students. I'd also look into the recoil of the shotgun he used in The final stand off against the continental since it could pulverize bullet proof armor so I'd imagine it'd have quite the knockback.

That's not lifting strength. That's a slam. Rapid impacts like that are AP based.

I'm referring to him lifting them up, not the slam itself. They were a bit on the smaller size but they shouldn't way less than the average person by a substantial amount.

Yeah but that wouldn't be peak human without a statement of the armor's weight or a source that can push it into the half a ton range.

The Prince of Counters said:
I'm referring to him lifting them up, not the slam itself. They were a bit on the smaller size but they shouldn't way less than the average person by a substantial amount.
  • Below Average Human: 0 to 50 kg
  • Regular Human: 50 to 80 kg (The mass of an adult human, or a large dog)
  • Above Average Human: 80 to 120 kg (The mass of a washing machine, or a tumble dryer)
  • Athletic Human: 120 to 227 kg (The mass of a mature lion)
  • Peak Human: 227 to 460 kg (Olympic weight-lifters)
  • Superhuman: (Any level clearly above peak human that does not have an exact value. Effort should be made to calculate the true value based on feats, but until then this is a placeholder)
  • Class 1: 460 to 1000 kg (The world record for deadlifting feats in real life)

Unless those men happen to weigh 227 kg (500 pounds) then its only Regular Human to Athletic Human.

I'll do some research on how much bullet proof armor weights, going by the looks of the armor the continental soldiers were wearing it looks identical to the type of armor we'd issue to modern day special ops, which weight quite a lot when taking the full suit into account.

Fully body armor like that only weighs 80 to 120 pounds. Unless they were wearing full bomb suits it wouldn't push it past Athletic Human. Even with Bomb Suits it would still be althetic human.

The knife? Yeah. But lifting strength still hasn't been proven. Unless there's more evidence he should be shifted down to "At least Athletic Human".

The "shouldn't be slower than boxers" part should be removed, being in the military they already force you to learn how to box, partake in muay Thai, kickboxing, etc. Especially in a branch such as the Marines 3rd Battalion. I think peak human would be better given John's extensive military background.

The main issue with that, as brought up previously, being able to punch fast does not mean you can dodge attacks at that speed. Boxers cannot dodge every single strike from another person of similar skill and training without guessing and preemptively dodging. John is hit a lot in melee combat by people of similar skill and training. So without a feat backing it his attack speed will be different from his combat speed.

EDIT: But if he reacted to the thrown knife at pretty close range and it was a full body throw then his base speed can probably be upgraded.

That's every strike, boxing is something I actually dabble in and a lot of the times the reason boxers fail to dodge a attack is either because they can't read it. ( a lot of the times boxers can dodge punches and such because the opponent often give a sign such as throwing a wide strike or their shoulders give it off. ) or they get fatigued. In a lot of matches the two boxers will avoid a lot of the strikes but they ultimately fail due to human error. You can't really apply the same logic to John given that he can aim dodge bullets from guns from close proximity and in a very short time frame. Have you ever attempted to aim dodge bullets before? Even if you see it it'll still be very difficult to even react to such a thing. Also John really isn't hit a lot, even Zero and his students didn't get off any lethal blows against John and you also need to consider that he took a lot of punishment through the 3 movies.

Edit: the speed doesn't matter much since John has a few non aim dodging feats in the comic and so does Calamity in the comic.

You can't really apply the same logic to John given that he can aim dodge bullets from guns from close proximity and in a very short time frame.

Aim dodging can be done by IRL people. In fiction John's aim dodging is also based in-part of his enemy's shaky aim. But like I said if the knife reaction feat can be reasonably scaled to high level stuff then a superhuman rating would make sense.

Have you ever attempted to aim dodge bullets before?

No, but I don't need to do that in order to know its possible.

need to consider that he took a lot of punishment through the 3 movies.

And a lot of the punishment he took with with physical attacks that hit him.

Wait this is completely off topic. Make a speed CRT if you want to change his speed. This is about his lifting strength and so far none of the evidence supports Class 1.

Back