• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Taylor vs Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big part of the SCP stuff is exactly how 1-B these guys are. This match is predicated basically entirely on that and as such it's best to wait.

I probably would. Not just because of the revisions, but also because 1440 is reliant on cosmology shit which (to my knowledge) still hasn't been completely ironed out for the verse yet.

Wokistan said:
A big part of the SCP stuff is exactly how 1-B these guys are. This match is predicated basically entirely on that and as such it's best to wait.
Ironically, this is the case with the Greenverse as well, since the 1-B statements we have (that I've found so far) are...vague.

[looks at the title now]

Huh.

Let me skim this profile for a bit before I say anything.

[after coming back]

So. If I'm understanding correctly:

• John's advantage is his acausality and resistances, along with the numerous defensive powers he has. His form of acausality has counteracted Lilith's passive fate manipulation, which was causing every timeline and possible future (of which there are infinite) to simply stop existing, narrowing everything down to one possible future which she was passively enforcing above all others. It also protects him from precog from guys who can literally see every possible future, including Count Video who's able to see every possible timeline flowing past him, and an oracle (lol) which was capable of seeing the entire present and predicting with 100% accuracy. The defensives include things like a pair of chaos dice which can negate possibilities (at one point he used them to negate the possibility of being found), and his own gift which, among numerous other things, can blow out possibilities entirely.
  • Oracle's advantage is existing throughout infinite timelines, which protects him from a lot of shit just on general principle.
I might need some more time to think this one over, but if I'm right, there's a good possibility John can take this.

...Alright. Let me just get the explanation out of the way first.

John's eye has allowed him to do a few things that are relevant here. The first thing is, he can find a person's (or being's) death and attack them with it directly. The second is that he can find a potentially infinite number of things at once (evidenced by the time he found "all of the things that could go wrong with a motorcycle"), and the third is that he can use his gift to see across all of space-time and every timeline contained within.

The other thing is that John's eye explicitly shows him the nature of everything he sees. When looking at someone or something with his third eye, he's seeing the reality of that person or thing:

I concentrated, raising my gift again, using it to study the reality of the thing before me, opening up my inner eye, my private eye, to See the world as it really is. And then I almost dropped the shard as I realised what it was I was holding.

"What?" Bettie said excitedly. "What did you See?"

"Temporal energies," I said. "This mirror shard is soaked in Time, in Time magic. I can actually see inverted tachyons, shooting up and down the broken edges."

Bettie gave me a hard look, only slightly spoiled by her pouting mouth. "Yes, very nice, darling, very dramatic. But what does that mean?"

"It means, I know what mirror this came from," I said, pulling a handkerchief from my pocket and carefully wrapping up the vicious-edged shard before tucking it very carefully into my coat pocket. -The Bride Wore Black Leather

With the above in mind, I think it's possible that John will open his eye, see Nerif's nature as a being that exists in every timeline, find all of his alternate selves, and then find all of their deaths. John would be left weakened from the effort, but he's lived through using his gift so widely before (see the aforementioned scene where he found "all of the things that could go wrong with a motorcycle" and enforced those possibilities on a bunch of bikers), and he's also shown to be capable of moving and fighting after doing something like that.

That said...does Oracle have much of a wincon here? I mean, as the OP says, AP really doesn't mean anything in this match, and John's acausality + resistances neg all of his...well, everything else.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
That said...does Oracle have much of a wincon here? I mean, as the OP says, AP really doesn't mean anything in this match, and John's acausality + resistances neg all of his...well, everything else.
>acausality

>versus a guy who manipulates cause and effect

Take a wild ******* guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back