• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right away, "u n d e r s t a n d i n g" won't work.

Forgetting where John's gift comes from for a minute, even if Kars does manage to gain his own copy of John's powers (always assuming he lasts long enough), John's gift defends against certain powers while it's active, including ones completely identical to his.

We know this because he ran into an alternate timeline version of himself with his exact powerset once. When they started using their gift, their powers actively defended them and prevented the other from directly affecting them with anything:

from Just Another Judgment Day
I looked down at Joan Taylor and smiled as she scrambled angrily back on to her feet.
We stood facing each other, hands clenched into fists at our sides as we concentrated, both of us calling on our gifts. I opened my inner eye, my third eye, and studied her coldly, searching for some gap in her defences, something I could use against her. I could feel her doing the same thing. Strange energies flickered on and off in the air between us, a tension of unseen forces building and building until they had to explode somewhere. My gift versus hers. It was like arm-wrestling with invisible, intangible arms.

I was vaguely aware of all hell breaking loose in the hospital ward, as Suzie and Stephen went head to head. Shotgun blasts were going off all over the place, accompanied by the roar of grenades. Beds overturned, and patients were thrown out, disconnected from their supporting tech. Dark smoke drifted across the ward as equipment caught fire.

I couldn't let this go on. We were too evenly matched with our duplicates, and too many innocents were getting hurt.
At best, even if Kars ends up with a dupe of John's eye, he's stuck with an inferior copy. He won't even have the chance of stalemating a clash with John, much less affecting him with those powers.

Kars ******* dies 36 times in mars to a guy with 3 eyes (The results may surprise you) (Gone violent)

So anyway...

Does John stomp (again), or nah? I only read JORGE JOESTAR once, so I don't have everything this version of Kars can do committed to memory, but most of it doesn't seem like it's going to save him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back