• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

John Doe vs. Richard Spender (One More!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I'm going to start getting into the UnOrdinary verse soon, so I thought I'd start with a battle with one of my current favorite webcomics that just got some neat calcs accepted! :D

Speed is Equalized, This is Base Spender and Powers Unleashed Doe with all abilities he has copied.

John Doe - 4 (Ricai, Litentric, Apies, Dragon)

Richard Spender - 0

Incon:

SpenderMemes
BloodyJohn

This is interesting. Spender definitely has the AP advantage by a decent margin presumably. Just from looking at the two profiles, it was looking fairly even until I saw the whole existence erasure bit. John has like zero counter to that. I haven't read the webtoon with Richard, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. But if all that's necessary is John's shadow and for him to see it then there's nothing he can do. I'm not sure if that makes it a stomp or not, as it's only the one thing. But I'd like to hear from some folks who actually have read the other webtoon.

Existence Erasure for Richard is very specific to how it works. He can transform a shadow into a bottomless chasm by throwing an orb of light in front of an object, which John would have to fully or partially fall in to before he could EE him. For example, if John can levitate or fly, he could hard counter it.

That put, when it works, the EE is pretty powerful, it erased the lower half of an intangible character.

Here's where he does that:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-4-page-130

Also, as someone who's read Paranatural back and forth, I'd give this to John with High Difficulty. His power mimicry should allow him to close the AP gap, which isn't insanely big, and allow him to utilize Spender's spectral energy and light/darkness manip. Funny enough, since John isn't a spectral, he won't be affected by Spectral energy, but if he uses it, it can most assuredly harm Spender.

What makes this High-Diff for John is Spirit-Trance, which if Spender resorts to allows him to blitz John. That said, it won't be his first move as he typically holds back at first, and with John's barrier when he does use it the shock from breaking through John's barrier will likely send him out of it.

Spender can still absorb light energy from most of John's attacks, but once John gains light manip, he'll likely start absorbing Spender's attacks. Spender's best bet is to mess with John's shadow, but in-character he wouldn't use that until he sees John as a major threat, at which point it'd likely be too late.

I guess I'll go with John as well. I agree, his power mimicry helps him here, though Richard's unwillingness to go all out from the start really hinders him here, as John doesn't like to mess around and is rather intelligent in how he fights, improving on the powers he gains. The EE can be evaded through his wind manipulation, allowing him to temporarily take to the air, and the light and shadow manipulation would more easily allow him to close the distance, and get some hits in with Melli's claws, not to mention that he has the barrier to potentially lock Richard in place for a bit. In particular if they can essentially the other's powers null through absorbing light, John should have a CQC skill advantage in addition to Melli's claws, which I don't believe would be subject to the light absorption, nor would Ventus' wind.

<3

John - 5 (Ricai, Litentric, Apies, Dragon, Gyro)

Spender - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back