• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joa (Toriko) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with all of them but regen seems a bit sus.

Like my problem is joa relied on his gourmet luck constantly, especially during his fight with Midora.

One way I'm looking at this, he either narrowly escaped being hurt by minority world and hid his presence long enough to hide from Midora thanks to once again gourmet luck.

Other than that everything else is reasonable.

Didn't Joa use equipment that allowed him to recover from death? Or was the Regenerationn shown independently from this?

Its implied that he regenerated via Food Luck.

What you mean, I think are the Spirit Orbs he wears that die in his place.

Shouldnt Midora get High Regen via Food Luck?

If Midora has the same ability as Joa, I suppose so.

Hmm...i suppose that High regen via Food Luck probably makes sense now it's been pointed out...

Is there anything else that may suggest Joa having high regen (by high, not necessarily high high regen, but something of a powerful one by our page)?

Should I mention on the profile that High regen via food luck? I can also add a weakness that food luck isn't infinite and can run out if overused.

All foddluck does is (or at least a major part of its powers.) is too increase the probability of evading or an attack missing.

What I was getting at was that Midora wasn't able to hit jos in the first place, in fact it's indicated by this after his seals Midora in a gold can after he starts frantically breathing out saying good luck saved him.

It's been a while since I've read Toriko but did joa even have his sprit orbs on him still. If he did. In that case than it makes perfect sense how he survived(and the food luck helped him as well.) with pachis statement.

But all in all high regen doesn't look approved on my end sorry.

Well he was clearly shown be vaporized completely on panel though, we even see the vapors going off his body. So he did regenerate, albeit using Food Luck.

Joa didn't have the spirit orbs with him, Midora busted them in chapter 338/339. The scans are from 368. Joa in fact did regenerate, whether food luck was present or not is another question.

@joseph if joa still has his orbs than he doesn't get the high regen with food luck. If he doesn't have them than I guess I'll accept high regen with food luck.

@Joseph619 Please stop quoting others, as it spams the forum threads with unnecessary text that makes them harder to read.

Anyway, are there any other Toriko characters that need to have their regenerations upgraded, or can we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back