• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate?
As was said earlier Mahito’s while schtick is being able to regain his body from just his soul. This is how it is clearly outlined to us by Mahito himself in the series and has not been disputed pertaining to Mahito’s abilities in specific.

In fact it was even pointed out here before that with just using body info alone, souls could be created or could be regained again just from body info alone.

So if that’s the case then I see no reason why Mahito could not create his body back just from his soul alone when the vice versa is shown and it is directly stated this is how Mahito’s power operates with no conflicting information in the matter.

As was said earlier Mahito’s while schtick is being able to regain his body from just his soul. This is how it is clearly outlined to us by Mahito himself in the series and has not been disputed pertaining to Mahito’s abilities in specific.
It was still being debated between Dr.Whiteee and AdNiBN002.
In fact it was even pointed out here before that with just using body info alone, souls could be created or could be regained again just from body info alone.
So if that’s the case then I see no reason why Mahito could not create his body back just from his soul alone when the vice versa is shown and it is directly stated this is how Mahito’s power operates with no conflicting information in the matter.
We don't have any concrete statements or feats for Low-Godly, you just make the assumption that since he regenerates from the soul he can regenerate from complete physical destruction or the nature of his ability.

In fact, the justification for the reason why he was given Low-Godly was wrong in the first place.

With what we have he should be given Low-High giving him High is iffy but Low-Godly is a definite no.

We don't have any concrete statements or feats for Low-Godly, you just make the assumption that since he regenerates from the soul he can regenerate from complete physical destruction or the nature of his ability.

In fact, the justification for the reason why he was given Low-Godly was wrong in the first place.

With what we have he should be given Low-High giving him High is iffy but Low-Godly is a definite no.
Well for one, we absolutely do have low-godly statements for the character. In fact his entire explanation for his regeneration qualifies as low-godly in the first place. I don’t make any assumptions here as well, I simply go by what’s stated in the manga. And what is directly stated and explained is that Mahito can regenerate from simply his soul because his actual body doesn’t mean anything to him, the only way to damage him at all is to attack his soul.

No it really wasn’t since the justification was based around his ability, and the explanation for his ability qualifies as a low-godly regeneration.

No with all the information we have on the character low-godly fits perfectly since the explanation for his ability entitles him to low-godly regeneration. It’s simply how his ability was explained in the series.

Well for one, we absolutely do have low-godly statements for the character. In fact his entire explanation for his regeneration qualifies as low-godly in the first place. I don’t make any assumptions here as well, I simply go by what’s stated in the manga. And what is directly stated and explained is that Mahito can regenerate from simply his soul because his actual body doesn’t mean anything to him, the only way to damage him at all is to attack his soul.

No it really wasn’t since the justification was based around his ability, and the explanation for his ability qualifies as a low-godly regeneration.

No with all the information we have on the character low-godly fits perfectly since the explanation for his ability entitles him to low-godly regeneration. It’s simply how his ability was explained in the series.
Low-Godly means that he can create an entire new body from scratch if his body gets erased from existence. This is absolutely something Mahito has not demonstrated, nor is it stated by the source material.
The explanation we got is that Mahito uses his soul to reshape his body to any form he wants, even if his body was reduced to chunks (because the body will take the shape of the soul, and Mahito is in control of what form his soul takes). If Mahito's body was reduced to blood/vapor/atoms, we don't know if that counts as a 'body' anymore or if that kind of precision is within his capabilities.

Mahito actually states that there is a limit to how big/small he can mutate human bodies by changing the shape of their soul. It follows that there are limits to how far he can modify the shape of his own body as well.
0021-003.png
0021-004.png

I think that "At least low high" is the best compromise. As stated, Mahito's current feats aren't some cap, they are just the highest level of destruction we have seen thus far. Based on mechanics once could make the argue for low godly and the like, but I don't think that's been evidenced because, as Shadow mentioned, we haven't seen him come back from not having any tether to the physical realm. Nothing really suggest his soul alone can materialize a new body outside of some guesswork based on statements.

It should also be noted that Mahito is not the best judge of his abilities. He was born at the beginning of the manga and his whole life was spent learning more about the world. He also falsely held the belief that the soul took precedence over the body, which has been shown to be false as both are two side of the same coin (information). So given we have never seen him replicate such a level of regeneration, it is also very possible that he was boasting or just incorrect in his assumption.

Low-Godly means that he can create an entire new body from scratch if his body gets erased from existence. This is absolutely something Mahito has not demonstrated, nor is it stated by the source material.
The explanation we got is that Mahito uses his soul to reshape his body to any form he wants, even if his body was reduced to chunks (because the body will take the shape of the soul, and Mahito is in control of what form his soul takes). If Mahito's body was reduced to blood/vapor/atoms, we don't know if that counts as a 'body' anymore or if that kind of precision is within his capabilities.

Mahito actually states that there is a limit to how big/small he can mutate human bodies by changing the shape of their soul. It follows that there are limits to how far he can modify the shape of his own body as well.
0021-003.png
0021-004.png
Low-Godly just means whatever happens to your physical body doesn’t matter as you regenerate based on something more than the body, ie, the soul.
Mahito quite clearly states that it doesn’t matter what happens to his body, as long as his soul is in tact he will not die. And he can tamper with his soul’s shape to his liking and he’ll still be ok. His entire regeneration is based around his soul. He doesn’t even call it healing because his entire body is essentially made out of silly putty while his soul could be classified as his “real body” in this instance.
its also important to note that just like what was talked about before, in jjk the soul and body are connected. Remember just from body information alone, one was able to regain their soul. Their soul, from nothing but body information alone. If that’s the case I see absolutely no reason why the soul alone cannot regain the body especially if that’s the whole purpose of how Mahito describes his regeneration.

I could exemplify Mahito’s regeneration with an analogy actually. It might seem a little obscure but I think it fits. Ever watch one piece?

I lack major knowledge of the verse, so I won't pretend to fully know how Mahito's powers work, but if can control his and other bodies as long as the soul is intact, but has no feats or statements of being able to create them anew if they are completely gone, then I'd say Low-Godly shouldn't be given.

I'd say at least Mid-High, possibly Low-High should work.

Removing Regeneration Negation should be fine, if Sukuna's victims died from damage beyond their regeneration limit.

What are the arguments for High-Mid cursed spirits? Weren't their limit regenerating from the head alone?

What are the arguments for High-Mid cursed spirits? Weren't their limit regenerating from the head alone?

The finger bearer did not die from the cuts Sukuna made to it, it was exorcised after the cursed finger was removed. So arguably high-mid.
The finger bearer is completely fine and conscious here only showing a sweat sign from the fear of being hit by the domain. It isn't until Sukuna removes the finger (which upon announcing his intent elicits genuine fear from the curse) from the cursed womb that it then incinerates.

Cursed Spirits with high-mid seems fine, Low-Godly should be replaced with Immortality Type 8 since the scan itself says he won't die as long as his soul is intact and since bodies seem tied to their souls as in the case we Toji and whatever is going on with Getou, Low-High seems to be where his regeneration should naturally cut off going off the scans. And getting rid of Sukuna's Regen Negation makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back