• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA AP stat revision and look over.

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Kind of a bit annoying to have to see yet another JJBA thread by me, yeah? Note: Long wall of text incoming.

Anyways, i'll get straight to the point here. I had KKapoios, one of our calc members, redo several calcs from the series itself that were done over at sites like Narutoforums and at Animevice. Needless to say, i had him redo them to see if the ones we've used at NF was as accurate as it was made to be.

Needless to say, they came out much differently than expected, especially for Jotaro's Star Platinum. If you have noticed a while back, characters from parts 1 and 2 were downgraded as Kka explained that the feat that Tarkus did that was done on NF (which is what said characters from said part was scaled to) was through fragmentation, something that he explained to me didn't happen and actually done through cutting it. And by cutting, it was pulverization which resulted in the characters from Parts 1, and by extension Part 2, to be downgraded to Building level.

Now we head on over to Jotaro's Star Platinum. Why do i keep mentioning his stand? It's part if not the main reason why all other stands like The World (it's pretty obvious if one read or watched about part 3 already) and Crazy Diamond + any other stand like here are 8-B due to this here calc.

Now if one had noticed two of the links above, those lead to Jotaro's SP feats. I'll be straight to the point and say that Jotaro's SP feat + one other got resulted in Room level AP.

Before you start raging like hellfire at me or Kkapoios even, there's a legit reason why this is the case. See in the manga and anime, Star Platinum needed to punch dozens of times and more to get out of High Priestess's "Diamond teeth's". The difference between KKa's calc and NF's was that the latter assumed that it was the result of one punch....which isn't the absolute case cause again, SP needed to do a long barrage of punches just to break the teeth's apart, which is what Kkapoio's calc did.

But does this mean that SP and other stands users stands get severly downgraded to 9-A? Not quite. See, i had this strange thought of possibly scaling the stands power (at least those with SP level AP aka Stands with A rank power) by scaling them along to Tarkus feat. From what i've read on the comments on NF and some of AnimeVice's, i've seen people often saying that stands like SP and The World as being higher than Tarkus. How true is this and by how much stronger/powerful they (the stands) are to him (i.e Tarkus), i can't say. I will say that this will not cause anyone pass Part 2 to be downgraded severely. Will this work, idk. It's up to y'all in the end if ya want a complete downgrade for those after the first two parts.....

In short: Part 1 and 2 characters are now downgraded to Building level (this also effects Kar's Ultimate LF tier as it was through his old 8-B that he somehow broke through tier 8 and onto tier 7. By this, he probably ends up on 8-B or 8-A since Kars>Tarkus and his Ripple in that form is at least 100*Joseph's ripple. IDK, someone can figure that out, not me). For stands of Part 3 and onwards (keep in mind that this only applies to those that on physically on par with Star Platinum or those with A or possibly even B ranked power), they could be Building level as well.

Not sure about stands like Tusk Act 4 and Killer Queen since their abilities are more their strengths than physical raw power. And for stands like Gold Experience (not Requiem, mind you)? Okay. How in the F does this gurantee it Building level potency, huh? Gold Experince is only rated as a C in Power. Unless i absolutely overlooked something in Part 5, i think his stand should be downgraded to 9-B or something like what Josuke's Soft and Wet stand is rated at (both are ranked C, btw).

This was a very long read, i know it and i kind of apologize for that, but it had to be done.

Any thoughts? Comments? Etc.?

I do agree with the stronger stands (SPlat, The World, Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, etc.) being Building level. The World is pretty obviously physically stronger than Dio, who's stronger than Tarkus, so...

Killer Queen did briefly contend with Crazy Diamond, so Building level may be accurate for its physical capabilities, even though its bombs are its real power. I haven't read much of SBR, so I can't really judge Tusk Act IV's physical strength. Gold Experience should probably be Wall level.

Ultimate Kars should be "At least High 8-C or 8-B, likely higher".

Promestein said:
I do agree with the stronger stands (SPlat, The World, Crazy Diamond, King Crimson, etc.) being Building level. The World is pretty obviously physically stronger than Dio, who's stronger than Tarkus, so...
Killer Queen did briefly contend with Crazy Diamond, so Building level may be accurate for its physical capabilities, even though its bombs are its real power. I haven't read much of SBR, so I can't really judge Tusk Act IV's physical strength. Gold Experience should probably be Wall level.

Ultimate Kars should be "At least High 8-C or 8-B, likely higher".
That i can see and agree with.

Oh yeah, KQ DID fought with CD in the beginning of their fight in the manga. And Killer Queen did beat up an A ranked stand like Echoes Act lll. Suppose it can get the 8-C tier. Tusk Act lV's physical power might come from i presume from here?

I do see GE getting downgraded to Wall level. Yes it did fought against Bruno's Sticky Fingers, but not in direct combat. At least from what i read and saw. That and SF's was shown to casually redirect GE's blows away from it and it's user. If anything, like i said unless i miss something truly great for GioGio, his stand's base power should be downgraded to Wall level like Soft and Wet as there's no feat or calc that suggests it's on the same level as even those of the B class.

Hmm. Don't really know about that as Kars hamon was a hundred or so times more potent than Joseph's. He could be 8-B at the most for all i know.

If there are any other issues on things like Kar's durability or the speed of the characters and their stands? I'll try to talk about taht in another thread or even in a blog...

Yeah, seems good for all those things.

True. "At least High 8-C", then, maybe? Or just 8-B. For Kars, his durability is probably much higher than his AP. I think it's fine, as with speed. The bigger problem for me is the massive gap between Phantom Blood speeds and Battle Tendency speeds. I think PB characters are a bit too low.

@Promestein: I'll probably just use what you put in to be safe. That or just 8-B, idk still.

The durability part is really weird cause NF's had several of those where his durability on those calcs ranges from Small City to as far as Island/Large Island level(that one, i couldn;t really tell at all so i can't say much on this) durability. That and there was even one calc where in the comment sectio, someone did some calculation through something and had Kars at Low 7-B and Joseph at Low 7-C to High 7-C. Yeah, i don't even know so i won't comment on that any further. :/

Well i meant speed in the sense of all 8 parts based on calcs, feats, or whatnot like Jolyne's here. For Parts 1 and 2, there was this calc here which i presume puts them at Hypersonic+....if it actually scaled to their base speed and people didn't had to be so confusing when it was made at the time. Which is why i based those like Dio's speed on these two here.

The durability part is weird. It's hard to judge. We could just put it as "Unknown, at least Large Building level".

Hm. JJBA speed is admittedly a big mess. Further calculations would be good. I'm a bit too tired to look into all of this in depth, at the moment.

Promestein said:
The durability part is weird. It's hard to judge. We could just put it as "Unknown, at least Large Building level".
Hm. JJBA speed is admittedly a big mess. Further calculations would be good. I'm a bit too tired to look into all of this in depth, at the moment.
Yeah, it is weird.

That i'll be looking into it another time....

Epichambonewin said:
Just to clarify, Soft and Wet is listed as 9A on the wiki, not 9B
Actually Epic, Soft and Wet is listed as 9-B on the OBD Battledome, most likely due to it's wall busting feat.

Actually Epic, Soft and Wet is listed as 9-B on the OBD Battledome, most likely due to it's wall busting feat.

Huh, who put it at 9A then here?

Epichambonewin said:
Huh, who put it at 9A then here?
Eh, it was originally like that when it was first made. How C ranked stands like S&W and GE (not requiem) are higher than Wall level is beyond me.

I mean i have indeed read all 8 parts, but i don;t recall both stands have higher feats than what they've unless someone can point it out to me.

On the subject of Jojo AP, I have a question regarding Tarkus' remark on Dio's strength as a vampire. While this is speculation on my part, it seemed like when Tarkus said that Dio was "stronger" it seemed like he meant that Dio was overall more powerful then him rather than a statement of Dio having more physical strength. Granted, I haven't read the manga panels of that part, so I'm not sure if it is any different there.

Epichambonewin said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Hmmm. Does that effect Dio>Tarkus any different?
If this happens to be true, it would also fit the room buster calc regarding the vampire in the original post
Well we have the recent calc that puts Tarkus's feat at Building level though. Hmmm...

If this happens to be true, it would also fit the room buster calc regarding the vampire in the original post
Well we have the recent calc that puts Tarkus's feat at Building level though. Hmmm...

It's just a speculation I made that suggests that Dio might not be as strong as Tarkus, at least physically.

That;s going to be quite a change then. That would at least make sense that Will Zeppili, for example, could break tiles but not something like.....steel doors or breaks? Going by the manga here, btw...

Promestein said:
the problem i see is that stand-speed is not the same as the users speed, as example, The World is FTL+ but dio is not, so there needs two speeds, one for the user and the other for the stand, of course it would also require to name the distance of the stand to the user, The World can go max 20 meters from Dio, mmhhh, maybe a new key section with "user only", "stand only" and in "(" should be the distance to the user :)

CrossverseCrisis said:
That;s going to be quite a change then. That would at least make sense that Will Zeppili, for example, could break tiles but not something like.....steel doors or breaks? Going by the manga here, btw...
The same thing happened in the anime too.

Epichambonewin said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Yeah but i watched the Crunchyroll one and the subtitle said that Will can break bricks but not a steel door. The comments just made it funny when Will could have done just that.

So anyways, what's your take should we go with your way of characters from Parts 1 and 2? And how about the ones i suggested for the stands Part 3 and onwards?

Yeah but i watched the Crunchyroll one and the subtitle said that Will can break bricks but not a steel door. The comments just made it funny when Will could have done just that.

So anyways, what's your take should we go with your way of characters from Parts 1 and 2? And how about the ones i suggested for the stands Part 3 and onwards?

My personal take is that most Stands should be decreased by a letter grade, Dio and Staizo (vampire) should be downgraded to Room level, and Ult. Kars should be downgraded to City Block level.

There is one more thing that Stand AP could be scaled by that isn't listed here, and that's the power of Stone Free's punches. Each one is stated to hit with the same force as a small, fast moving meteor. Do we know how much force a meteor like that would hit?

Epichambonewin said:
There is one more thing that Stand AP could be scaled by that isn't listed here, and that's the power of Stone Free's punches. Each one is stated to hit with the same force as a small, fast moving meteor. Do we know how much force a meteor like that would hit?
Don't really know about that. I've tried looking for them on Narutoforums but all i got was the speed of Stone Free punching the meteors, which resulted in SF being MHS btw. No mention of it on it's AP, however...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Epichambonewin said:
Don't really know about that. I've tried looking for them on Narutoforums but all i got was the speed of Stone Free punching the meteors, which resulted in SF being MHS btw. No mention of it on it's AP, however...
I do remember stone free punches being described that way hmm would have to go check to see

SDC DIO > Jonathan > Tarkus.

I have a hard time seeing any of the stands as just Room level when there are so many Building level characters.

I was trying to calculate it using our standard meteor calculation system of It Ek=0.5*M*V^2.

It seems to be the fastest meteors travel at around 160000 mph, which is equivalent to 71526.4 m/s. A common meteoric material is iron, so I intended to use that as a part of the mass of the object. Mass=Density*Volume. Iron has a density of 8. The problem I'm having is finding the volume of a small meteorite. I haven't found any size that qualifies as small for a meteorite. If anyone can help me or use this info to help their own call that would be appreciated.

Where I found the speed info: http://www.amsmeteors.org/meteor-showers/meteor-faq/

Epichambonewin said:
I was trying to calculate it using our standard meteor calculation system of It Ek=0.5*M*V^2.

It seems to be the fastest meteors travel at around 160000 mph, which is equivalent to 71526.4 m/s. A common meteoric material is iron, so I intended to use that as a part of the mass of the object. Mass=Density*Volume. Iron has a density of 8. The problem I'm having is finding the volume of a small meteorite. I haven't found any size that qualifies as small for a meteorite. If anyone can help me or use this info to help their own call that would be appreciated.

Where I found the speed info: http://www.amsmeteors.org/meteor-showers/meteor-faq/
I'm back, an after some searching the size of a human hand seems to be a relatively small meteor size that I can use to calculate. According to a source I will post below, the average volume of the human hand is 375.65 mL.

Mass=8*375.65, which makes the mass is 3005.2 Ek=0.5*3005.2*71526.4^2 which means Ek=23101996000000000

Epichambonewin said:
Ok, ek is joules, but I'm not sure what ^2 means on the calc page. I think it means squared but I'm not sure
I get that assumption too. But yeah, you may possible want to ask a member of our calc team to do the feat for ya, or do it in a blog or something.

I'd go with the former if you happen to be unable to find out the result in joules/tons/whatever.....

I get that assumption too. But yeah, you may possible want to ask a member of our calc team to do the feat for ya, or do it in a blog or something.

I'd go with the former if you happen to be unable to find out the result in joules/tons/whatever.....

Who is a part of the the calc team?

Back