• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JJBA AP stat revision and look over.

Yea, I don't know why you used the mL value directly with the kg/m^3 value of iron's density. You need to convert.

Mass=(8kg/m^3)(0.00037565m^3)=0.0030052kg; kinetic energy = (1/2)(0.0030052kg)(71526.4m/s)^2=7687340.513 Joules = 0.001837318 tons of tnt

Epichambonewin said:
With my new (hopefully accurate) calc Stone Free can punch with the force of 7687340500000 joules
Ooooooooooo.......that's your result, correct? Cause i used an online Joules to Tons of TNT converter and the result came out as this: 1837.3 tons.

By our calc, that's Small Town level right there. O-o

We want to calculate the energy for a theoretical small fast moving meteor, as far as I understand?

Is that all information we have or anything more specific?

DontTalk said:
We want to calculate the energy for a theoretical small fast moving meteor, as far as I understand?

Is that all information we have or anything more specific?
Yes, according to this page:
Stone_free.png
It's punches are as strong as a small but extremely fast moving meteor

Alakabamm said:
Yea, I don't know why you used the mL value directly with the kg/m^3 value of iron's density. You need to convert.
Mass=(8kg/m^3)(0.00037565m^3)=0.0030052kg; kinetic energy = (1/2)(0.0030052kg)(71526.4m/s)^2=7687340.513 Joules = 0.001837318 tons of tnt
Just reposting this to show that I redid some of it.

Just reposting this to show that I redid some of it.

Yeah that looks more accurate. It seemed strange that what are presumably normal punches from Stome Free were as high as my calc

The Living Tribunal1 said:
did they say the size of the meteor is as big as a fist

they cud have generically meant a small meteror
I used the fist because a lot of the small meteorites I found were around that size

Not very specific. Well, first question is: What is a meteor? Wikipedia to the rescue!

"A meteor, known colloquially as a "shooting star" or "falling star", is the passage of a meteoroid, micrometeoroid, comet or asteroid into the Earth's atmosphere, heated from collisions with air particles in the upper atmosphere and shedding glowing material in its wake sufficiently to create a visible streak of light." Ok, so they are just the meteoroids, comets or asteroids that enter earths athmosphere. Next: What is a meteoroid? "A meteoroid is a small rocky or metallic body travelling through space. Meteoroids are significantly smaller than asteroids, and range in size from small grains to 1 meter-wide objects. Objects smaller than this are classified as micrometeoroids or space dust. Most are fragments from comets or asteroids, whereas others are collision impact debris ejected from bodies such as the Moon or Mars."

So for the most part we can say they are parts of comets or asteroids (I will ignore the moon/mars debris part out of convenience). So after my favourite paper about earth impact stuffthere are mainly 4 densitys that are to be considered for this 2.

1. 1000 kg/m^3 for ice
  2. 1500 kg/m^3 for porous rock
  3. 3000 kg/m^3 for dense rock
  4. 8000 kg/m^3 for iron
I would say going for 3000 kg/m^3 is fair game, its what most people imagine meteors like either way.

Next what is fast moving? "The minimum impact velocity on Earth is 11 km/s. Typical impact velocities are 17 km/s for asteroids and 51 km/s for comets. The maximum Earth impact velocity for objects orbiting the sun is 72 km/s. "

I wouldn't take the upper end for just fast. 51 km/s seems fine, given that we don't know what he had in mind.

Next the diameter. I will use the volume of a hand suggestion. 0.089470022893965 m for the diameter of a hand would be the approximate result (assuming a hand as a sphere).

Now we use this. It takes a few other factors into account.

For impact angle I take the most propable 45┬░.

So entry energy of such a meteor is 1.46 * 10^9.

But it gets a lot less at the point it actually reaches earth. Such a meteor would actually be destroyed before that, but the airburst would already only hold an energy of 10^8 joules. Given that we strictly speak of a meteor (so an object already falling through the athmosphere) 10^8 is the more realistic result.

So given the very few specification... small building level would in my opinion be the fair result. (even through an awful lot of assumptions are involved so maybe its the best to not take it)

I can agree with that. I don't think it has too many assumptions, aside from the way that you reached airburst energy.

Anybody? Come on, i'm getting really bored of waiting here. If not, eventually i'll just say "F it" and do the appropreite changes...

Alakabamm said:
well I agree with the changes. Don't have much more to say after that.
Alright.

@Everyone; Unless somebody says something in the next hour, i will be making the changes then.

Faisal Shourov said:
No prob, if anybody questions you I have your back *cough cough*
Hopefully nobody does
Well i have reasons to change them based on both the calcs and the feats they;ve done in the series. But yeah, i appreaite the potential back up...

I'm sorry if this is late, but I noticed somethings that might up Jojo stand AP. The first think is that Avdol after our nerf is put at high-8C. Magicians Red has a B in Power, so shouldn't users of Stands with A ranks in Power, like DIO and Jotaro, be put at higher?

The second thing is this Kakyion feat: http://www.narutoforums.com/picture.php?albumid=5030&pictureid=60573 That seems to be higher than Wall level like he is put at right now, which might in turn put other stands with C ranks in power higher as well.

i have a question not sure if should create a new thread so i will post ot here:

jotaro kujo showwed in part6 that she can stop bullets with a nt creates out of her strings, but to do that she needs to see and reat to the bullets, she did it with 4 or more bullets from a distance of 3 or 4 meters,

how high would this make her reaction speed? the same as in the profile or higher?

Epichambonewin said:
I'm sorry if this is late, but I noticed somethings that might up Jojo stand AP. The first think is that Avdol after our nerf is put at high-8C. Magicians Red has a B in Power, so shouldn't users of Stands with A ranks in Power, like DIO and Jotaro, be put at higher?
The second thing is this Kakyion feat: http://www.narutoforums.com/picture.php?albumid=5030&pictureid=60573 That seems to be higher than Wall level like he is put at right now, which might in turn put other stands with C ranks in power higher as well.
That's through the calc that KKa did that resulted in Magician's Red's ability that puts it at High 8-C. That and Jotaro's stand is actually stronger than MR, physically-wise, the Destructive Power of ones stand can sometimes be related to their abilities (if a persons stand have one).

Hmm. To be honest, i'm actually a bit iffy on that cause DIO kicked it and redirected and while this may sound dumb IMHO, he may have put more force into it after he had kicked it.

That's through the calc that KKa did that resulted in Magician's Red's ability that puts it at High 8-C. That and Jotaro's stand is actually stronger than MR, physically-wise, the Destructive Power of ones stand can sometimes be related to their abilities (if a persons stand have one).

Hmm. To be honest, i'm actually a bit iffy on that cause DIO kicked it and redirected and while this may sound dumb IMHO, he may have put more force into it after he had kicked it.

Maybe we could add "likely/possibly higher" after the tier for A ranks

Lol yeah a little, but the Emerald Splash also seems to be destroying some of the structures at the bottom of the page easily as well, so it seems unlikely that's the case, at least to me

I guess we could try doing that. Maybe, idk. Cause it depends on how strong stands like SP and The World or any others like them are compared to Part 1 Dio, Tarkus, and even the Pillerman.

Hmm. Perhaps we could put at least 9-B, likely higher (which is kind of like how i put for Polnareff's stand tier). Then again, using our AP system to translate the stands DP letters like the C rank ones are really iffy and possibly not even linear(?). Cause so far we got C rank stands like S&W that can kick a wall down to pieces, then we got GioGio's GE that can wreck a dozen or so cars in a second.....i think. Yeah this just all depends on how stands from Parts 3-8 are in terms of their letter grades.....yeah/

CrossverseCrisis said:
I guess we could try doing that. Maybe, idk. Cause it depends on how strong stands like SP and The World or any others like them are compared to Part 1 Dio, Tarkus, and even the Pillerman.

Hmm. Perhaps we could put at least 9-B, likely higher (which is kind of like how i put for Polnareff's stand tier). Then again, using our AP system to translate the stands DP letters like the C rank ones are really iffy and possibly not even linear(?). Cause so far we got C rank stands like S&W that can kick a wall down to pieces, then we got GioGio's GE that can wreck a dozen or so cars in a second.....i think. Yeah this just all depends on how stands from Parts 3-8 are in terms of their letter grades.....yeah/
So add "likely higher" for some of the Stands then? Seems fair to me

Yes, most definite. That and i am seriously going by what there feats are which in turn allows me to roughly pinpoint what their AP will be listed as. Of course things like the speed and durability of stands and even their users....that idk since i spent of most my time on gathering stuff about the verse's AP and hax power, that' all. *shrugs*

Lol yeah, Araki has never exactly been known to be the master of consistency. So unless on the off-chance that he gives us a scale on how letter ranks translate to destructive power/speed/whatever we fans will just have to keep giving our most educated guesses on how powerful Stands are

Epichambonewin said:
Lol yeah, Araki has never exactly been known to be the master of consistency. So unless on the off-chance that he gives us a scale on how letter ranks translate to destructive power/speed/whatever we fans will just have to keep giving our most educated guesses on how powerful Stands are.
Yeah exactly. I mean outside of doing calcs (which gives us way different results than looking at what they've done/or through powerscaling), that's about the best we can do.

Back