• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiren vs Beerus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just randomly stating I've never made a versus thread before.

Anyways, this match depends solely on if Jiren can resist Beerus' Fully Powered Hakai. If he cab, Jiren destroys.

Jiren should wipe the floor with Beerus until an asspull on behalf of the latter says otherwise. Beerus can't Hakai those with power comparable or superior to his own, proven when Whis confirms that Beerus could not have gotten rid of Infinite Zamasu.

Aeyu said:
Jiren should wipe the floor with Beerus until an asspull on behalf of the latter says otherwise. Beerus can't Hakai those with power comparable or superior to his own, proven when Whis confirms that Beerus could not have gotten rid of Infinite Zamasu.
I dont remember whis saying that.

Egh... I feel so uncertain about this, specially because of the odd impression Ultra Instinct gave me after Goku started using it.

I'll sit on the fence for now until I see other opinions.

I didn't say he said it. I said he confirms it. Goku says "even Beerus-sama couldn't get rid of the Immortal Zamasu" in Ep. 67, in reference to having to go back and fight Zamasu again, and Whis says he doesn't have to because he will go back in time to seal Zamasu away with something better than the Mafuuba.

A lack of denial doesn't sound like a confirmation to me, not even close as Whis doesn't seem to say anything that's proving Goku right. Just that it's unneeded compared to a better option.

A lack of denial means that it's true, though. Goku can sense God ki, and can even sense a glimpse of how powerful the Grand Priest is, so Whis saying Beerus doesn't need to means that he had already thought of that contingency and deemed there a better option.

But the fact that Beerus can't destroy a being of that magnitude definitely means that his Hakai wouldn't work on Jiren.

I removed the comment.

Let's not derail this with "beerus can or cannot hakai someone on his level".

Couldn't beerus technically seal jiren? If we go by dragonball logic, jiren would probably flex his way out, but it's possible. Plus elder kai said it happened "in the blink of an eye" in one of the earlier super episodes. So its not like beerus would really need any time to perform it.

@Aeyu Goku said that as a question. Then right after vegeta said "even if that future beerus destroys zamasu it will be a repeat of before", implying another time ring would be created, like it was with the previous hakai. Plus beerus said in a earlier episode that he could "easily" destroy both versions of zamasu. That alone pretty much confirms that zamasu's immortality is no problem for beerus, besides the timering thing.

Apparently you can't Hakai someone if they have more raw power or about as strong as you, Vegeta punched through Toppo's Hakai and he wasn't THAT much stronger than Toppo

I don't think Hakai would work on Jiren although Beerus have other Haxx

ZERO7772 said:
Apparently you can't Hakai someone if they have more raw power or about as strong as you, Vegeta punched through Toppo's Hakai and he wasn't THAT much stronger than Toppo

I don't think Hakai would work on Jiren although Beerus have other Haxx
Note that Toppo wasnt trying to hakai vegeta.

That'd mean killing him and getting disqualified.

He seemed desperate in the end tho, he was spamming Hakai everywhere and that energy would have killed Vegeta imo, even Krillin said that blast would kill them if it hit

Using Hakai in the tournament was stupid idea in the first place ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

ZERO7772 said:
He seemed desperate in the end tho, he was spamming Hakai everywhere and that energy would have killed Vegeta imo, even Krillin said that blast would kill them if it hit

Using Hakai in the tournament was stupid idea in the first place ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»
Belmod was telling him to hakai his attacks, not vegeta.

Cropfist said:
Jiren's power was GoD level while holding back immensely. Beerus gets dumpstered.
That was actually proven false as the tournament went on. He's only above the lvl of a novice GoD like Toppo when he's shown a hint of his true power. After he goes full power is when he surpassed the lvl of a GoD.

@Peter

Toppo has the full power of a God of Destruction, as stated by Belmod. Toppo should scale to Belmod via that statement.

To you and Lancelot, don't downplay. Whis clearly says that Jiren, while suppressed, may have surpassed the domain of a God of Destruction. And even while suppressed, he is still massively above GoD Toppo.

@Meerkat

He doesn't say this about Fusion/Infinite Zamasu, merely him as a Kaioshin, which is unimpressive since even SSJR Trunks can easily defeat him. Furthermore, unless shown to work on beings of his level, sealing isn't a usable tactic. Unless you want to imply that the Elder Kaioshin is anywhere near Jiren's level, which is utterly erroneous.

Is hakai, the erasing technique, the same as the destruction energy balls?

If not, than just because I resisted the energy balls, doesn't mean I can resist the erasure.

Yes, the hakai technique and hakai energy ball, both have existence erasure property.

In DB, people with sufficient enough ki can resist existence erasure and we have several examples of power interfering with EE. That's just how DB works.

So Jiren should take this.

I would appreciate not putting intent to my words. Toppo can use Hakai with complete control like a GoD, and that's pretty much what I took when they meant he's like a GoD. I don't remember any mention of Toppo being on the same level as a full power GoD(even if the power varies highly between GoDs), and anything else they said didn't make me reach such an implication.

As for Jiren, most statements felt to me that they were made taking Belmont into account, not simply all the GoDs there is. It honestly makes me shake my head, but if the accepted consensus is that Toppo is comparable and Jiren is certainly above, I just don't see what Beerus is supposed to do.

Toppo is still weaker than Belmod, if he's on par with Him then Belmod would have already retired because that what he want "well at last in the manga" not to mention Toppo also need to charge up his Hakai energy and for him it's more of transformation while it's natural state for true GoD ~

Thing is The anime is not clear on how the GoDs compare to each other, at least we know Beerus lost to Belmod in art wrestling match

@Lancelot, Zero

It's stated, by Belmod, that Toppo's indistinguishable from a God of Destruction. That would definitely put him on that level. "Indeed! It's the birth of God of Destruction Toppo!"

It's stated nowhere that Toppo is weaker than Belmod. Period. And if you want to use the manga as an argument, I can turn around and say that he's definitely comparable to Belmod while in that form because when Beerus easily defeats MSSJB Vegeta, he tells him he could be a GoD Candidate for another universe, but not for Universe 7, implying that the Candidates ideally should be within the same level of power as the GoD's they hope to replace.

Either way, it's more presumptuous to say that Toppo is weaker than Belmod than to assume that they're comparable, especially when the show is very explicit about noting that Toppo is no different from a God of Destruction while in that form, Candidate or not. While he may not possess the title of God of Destruction, his power is no different from one.

Toppo need to charge up his Hakai energy, and not all GoDs are equals

There's also nothing says he's anywhere near Belmod level, saying Toppo is GoD just because he can use few Hakai blasts is the same as saying Goku is angle level just because he can use UI

You can't flip the argument on its head because GoD Toppo isn't even a thing in th manga yet so we are jumping the gun here and we know from the manga at least he's still MUCH weaker Belmod and he's STILL training anyway

Either way Toppo has nothing to do with this discussion, we know he's fodder to Jiren anyway GoD or not

Anyway the vote count so far is :

Jiren: 6

Beerus: 0

This is rally one-sided so far huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back