• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Yong wuxia novel discussion thread (0.1)

MoSpinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Do they actually manipulate their density or what? I'm not sure how it works lol.
More like they manipulate their Qi in their body, I would imagine it like a helium balloon scenario lol.

There are a lot of chi manipulation in wuxia verses in general.

Þ╝òÕèƒ usually allows pseudo flight, running on walls and waters. Stronger Þ╝òÕèƒ users can possess true flight. It is a form of chi used in travelling.

Finally found a significant strength feat for Pre-Timskip Golden Wheel Monk!

ÞÆÖÕÅñµ¡ªÕú½õ©¡µ£ëÞ«©ÕñÜÞºüÞ┐çÚçæÞ¢«µ│òþÄïµÿ¥þñ║þÑ×Õ胴╝îÕ¢ôþ£ƒµÿ»Þë║ÕÄïõ©çÕñ½ÒÇüÕèøÞâ£õ╣ØþëøÒÇéÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│ÞÖ¢µÿ»µòîõ║║´╝îõ¢åÞºüÕÑ╣þ¿ÜÕ½®þ¥ÄÞ▓î´╝îµü╗ÚÜÉõ╣ïÕ┐â´╝îÕ┐âþÜåµ£ëõ╣ï´╝îµâ│ÕÑ╣þ║Áµ£ëÕªûµ£»´╝îõ╣ƒÕ┐àÚÜ¥µòîµ│òþÄïþÄäÕèƒÚÇÜþÑ×´╝îõ©ìÕàìµÜùµÜùþø╝õ╗ûõ©ìÞªüþùøõ©ïÞ¥úµëïÒÇé

Pre-timskip Golden Wheel monk is stronger than the combined strength of 9 oxes.

Guo Jing did not have too many feats in RoTCH since Yang Guo was the main character, however he can be scaled directly from Yang Guo via Huang Yao Shi's statement:

õ©ñõ║║ÕôêÕôêõ©Çþ¼æ´╝îÚçìÞíîÕ¢ÆÕ║º´╝îµûƒÚàÆÕåìÚÑ«ÒÇéÚ╗äÞì»Õ©êÚüô´╝Ü"ÞÇüÕ╝ƒÞ┐Öõ©ÇÞÀ»µÄîµ│ò´╝îõ╗ÑÕèøÚüôþÜäÚøäÕè▓ÞÇîÞ«║´╝îÕ¢ôõ©ûÕö»Õ░ÅÕ®┐Úâ¡ÚØûþÜäÚÖìÚ¥ÖÕìüÕཱུÄîÕÅ»õ╗ѵ»öµïƒÒÇéÞÇüÕñ½þÜäÞÉ¢Þï▒þÑ×ÕëæµÄîõ¥┐Þ¥ôÕì┤õ©Çþ¡╣õ║åÒÇé"

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Who does he scale to?
Pre Time Skip Golden Wheel Monk is much weaker to compared to Post 16 time-skip Yang Guo and Guo Jing, so his strength would seem to be their lower boundary.

There's also them being part of the new top 5 in the end, so they definitely scale.
Yep they were clearly on equal footing by the end of RoTCH.

Pre Time Skip Golden Wheel Monk is much weaker to compared to Post 16 time-skip Yang Guo and Guo Jing, so his strength would seem to be their lower boundary.

So that would be RoTCH Guo Jing?

So that would be RoTCH Guo Jing?
EOS RotCH Guo Jing is several times stronger than Pre Timeskip Golden Wheel Monk due to his exponentially increasing inner Qi thanks to Jiu Yin Zhen Jing and Quan Zhen Chi cultivation over the 16 years.

Pre timskip Golden Wheel Monk's strength is 70% of Pre Timeskip Guo Jing's based on this statement:

Úâ¡ÚØûÕà¿Þ║½ÕåàÕè▓µ£ëõ©âµêɵ¡úÕ£¿Õ»╣õ╗ÿÚçæÞ¢«µ│òþÄï´╝îõ©ëµêÉÚ£çÕ╝ǵ¢çµ╣ÿÕ¡ÉþÜäµØåµúÆ

Hmmn. Should we make 3 different keys for end of LotCH, beginning of RotCH and post-timeskip?

Although were Yang Guo's feat pre or post time skip?

Ebitan34 said:
Finally found a significant strength feat for Pre-Timskip Golden Wheel Monk!
ÞÆÖÕÅñµ¡ªÕú½õ©¡µ£ëÞ«©ÕñÜÞºüÞ┐çÚçæÞ¢«µ│òþÄïµÿ¥þñ║þÑ×Õ胴╝îÕ¢ôþ£ƒµÿ»Þë║ÕÄïõ©çÕñ½ÒÇüÕèøÞâ£õ╣ØþëøÒÇéÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│ÞÖ¢µÿ»µòîõ║║´╝îõ¢åÞºüÕÑ╣þ¿ÜÕ½®þ¥ÄÞ▓î´╝îµü╗ÚÜÉõ╣ïÕ┐â´╝îÕ┐âþÜåµ£ëõ╣ï´╝îµâ│ÕÑ╣þ║Áµ£ëÕªûµ£»´╝îõ╣ƒÕ┐àÚÜ¥µòîµ│òþÄïþÄäÕèƒÚÇÜþÑ×´╝îõ©ìÕàìµÜùµÜùþø╝õ╗ûõ©ìÞªüþùøõ©ïÞ¥úµëïÒÇé

Pre-timskip Golden Wheel monk is stronger than the combined strength of 9 oxes.
This feat would put Golden Wheel Monk's lifting strength at class 50 at least.

Hmmn. Should we make 3 different keys for end of LotCH, beginning of RotCH and post-timeskip?
Although were Yang Guo's feat pre or post time skip?
Good idea. So far among the feats I have shown for Yang Guo, only his iron-bending sleeve feat is Pre Timeskip, the others are all Post Timeskip.

We do need more keys for Guo Jing, I'll fix that.
Although which feats by Yang Guo are pre-timeskip and which are post?
Only his iron-bending sleeve feat is Pre Timeskip, everything else is Post Timeskip.

So pre-timeskip Yang Guo would be at least 9-C/9-B then.
Not 9-C, 9-B is the bottom line imo. Pre-timeskip Yang Guo is already stated to be much superior to the Wall-Level 17 bricks pulverizing woman who tried to hit him 16 years later.

Õ¢ôÕìüõ║öÕ╣┤õ╣ïÕëì´╝îµØ¿Þ┐çþÜ䵡ªÕèƒÕÀ▓Þ┐£ÚØ×Þ┐ÖÞÇüÕªçµëÇÞâ¢ÕÅè´╝îÞ┐ÖµùÂõ╗ûÕåàÕñûÕà╝õ┐«´╝ÉÞç╗ÕàÑþÑ×ÕØÉþàºþÜäÕîûÕóâ´╝îÚéúÞÇüÕªçþÜä'Õ»ÆÚÿ┤þ«¡'µÄîÕèøÞÖ¢þïáµ»ÆÕçîÕÄë´╝îÕì┤Õªéõ¢òõ╝ñÕ¥ùõ║åõ╗û´╝ƒ

Ah I see, definitely 9-B then.
Although how did you get Class 50 for 9 oxen? The weight of 9 oxen is just Class 10.
These powerful beasts can out-pull a big team of horses. In fact, while a team of oxen can pull its own body weight at a walking pace, for short bursts of six to eight feet, a well-trained team of oxen can pull up to 2!-W times their body weight — or as much as 12,000 to 13,000 pounds.

Ebitan34 said:
Ah I see, definitely 9-B then.
Although how did you get Class 50 for 9 oxen? The weight of 9 oxen is just Class 10.
These powerful beasts can out-pull a big team of horses. In fact, while a team of oxen can pull its own body weight at a walking pace, for short bursts of six to eight feet, a well-trained team of oxen can pull up to 2!-W times their body weight — or as much as 12,000 to 13,000 pounds.
The absolute limit strength of one Ox is 12000 punds, meaning 5443.1084kg, from what I intepreted online. So, I was kinda using their limit lol.

Class 10 is for casual walking pace of 9 oxen, class 50 seems to be the limit of 9 oxen in short bursts.

Also, a very casual strength feat for Post Time Skip Yang guo was his strength to single handedly control 8 war horses easily, even after suffering injuries after his battle with Golden Wheel Monk. His strength has to be superior to the 8 hourses in order to control them.

Õ«ïµùµêÿÚÿÁõ╣ïõ©¡´╝îÕăµ£ëÞ┐×þÄ»þö▓Ú®¼õ©Çµ│ò´╝îÕ¢ôÕ╣┤ÕÅîÚסÕæ╝Õ╗ÂþÜäµö╗µëôµ░┤µ│èµóüÕ▒▒´╝îÕì│µø¥õ╗ÑÞ┐×þĻڮ¼ÚÿÁµ│òÕÅûÞâ£ÒÇéµØ¿Þ┐çÕ░åÞ┐ÖÕà½Õî╣Ú®¼Þ┐×µêÉõ║îÕêù´╝îÕ«øþäµÿ»õ©¬Õ░ÅÕ░ÅþÜäÞ┐×þĻڮ¼õ╣ïÚÿÁÒÇéÕŬµÿ»Õà½Õî╣Ú®¼µØéÕçæÞÇîµêÉ´╝îµ£¬ÕèáÞ«¡þ╗â´╝îÕÑöÕè¿õ╣ïÚÖàµêûõ©£µêûÞÑ┐´╝îõ©ìµêÉÞíîÕêù´╝îÕà¿õ╗ùµØ¿Þ┐çþÑ×ÕèøµÅÉþ╝░´╝îÕ░åÕà½Õî╣Ú®¼ÕêÂÕ¥ùµ£ìµ£ìÞ┤┤Þ┤┤´╝îÕìàõ║îÕŬÚôüÞ╣äþ┐╗Úú×´╝îÕç╗Õ£ƒµë¼Õ░ÿ´╝îþû¥Ú®░ÞÇîÕëìÒÇé

This reinforces the previous feat.

I have updated Guo Jing's page too.
Should there be two keys for end of LotCH Guo Jing and pre-timeskip RotCH Guo Jing though?
Sounds like a good idea man.

I mean do they really vary that much in power?
There's like a 12 year gap though, so I'm not sure.
The gap was INSANE.

LoTCH Guo Jing was only barely able to match 300 stances against his master Hong Qi Gong. Pre-timeskip RoTCH Guo Jing surpassed his master, who also improved a lot during the 12 years thanks to practising the Jiu Yin Zhen Jing, by a very small margin. This is almost like a 10x improvement.

To put things in perspective, LoTCH Ou Yang Feng was stronger than Hong Qi Gong after he went mad from practicing the inversed Jiu Yin Zhen Jing, making him the World Number 1 martial artist in LotCH.

By RoTCH, Ou Yang Feng's power strengthened too, but now he is equally matched by Hong Qi Gong who caught up faster than him during the 12 years thanks to him practising the ACTUAL version of Jiu Yin Zhen Jing.

Guo Jing in RoTCH has already surpassed Hong Qi Gong by a small margin, so:

RoTCH Guo Jing >= Rotch Hong Qi Gong = Ou Yang Feng > LotCH Ou Yang Feng > LotCH Hong Qi Gong >>> LotCH Guo JIng.

The 12 year changed Guo JIng completely bro.

Back