• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Yong wuxia novel discussion thread (0.1)

Hmmn that could be a good lifting strength feat (bending is lifting strength). I listed it as Class 5 for now as Ajax from Deadpool bending a metal bar is Class 5.

µØ¿Þ┐çÞç¬ÕÆîÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│Õ£¿þ╗صâàÞ░Àµû¡ÞéáÕ┤ûÕëìÕêåµëï´╝îõ©ìõ╣àõ¥┐þö▒þÑ×ÚøòÕ©ªþØÇÕ£¿µÁÀµ¢«õ╣ïõ©¡þ╗âÕ胴╝îµò░Õ╣┤õ╣ïÕÉÄ´╝îÚÖñÕåàÕèƒÕ¥¬Õ║ŵ©ÉÞ┐øÕñû´╝îÕê½þÜäµùáÕÅ»Õåìþ╗â´╝îÕ┐âõ©¡µò┤µùÑõ╗ÀµÇØÕ┐ÁÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│´╝ɵ©ÉþÜäÕ¢óÚöÇÚ¬¿þ½ï´╝îõ║åµùáþöƒÞÂúÒÇéõ©ÇµùÑÕ£¿µÁÀµ╗¿µéäþ½ïÞë»õ╣à´╝îþÖ¥µùáÞüèÞÁûõ╣ïõ©¡ÚÜŵäŵï│µëôÞäÜÞ©ó´╝îÕàµùÂõ╗ûÕåàÕèƒþü½ÕÇÖÕÀ▓Õê░´╝îõ©ÇÕç║µëïþ½ƒÕàÀµ×üÕñºÕ¿üÕèø´╝îÞ¢╗Þ¢╗õ©ÇµÄî´╝îÕ░åµÁÀµ╗®õ©èõ©ÇÕØùÕ▓®þƒ│µëôÕ¥ùþ▓ëþóÄÒÇéõ╗ûþö▒µ¡ñµÀ▒µÇØ´╝îÕêøÕç║õ║åõ©ÇÕÑùÕ«îµò┤þÜäµÄîµ│ò´╝îÕç║µëïõ©ÄÕ»╗Õ©©µ¡ªÕèƒÕñºÕ╝é´╝îÕÄëÕ«│õ╣ïÕñä´╝îÕà¿Õ£¿ÕåàÕèø´╝îÕà▒µ£ëõ©ÇÕìüõ©âµïøÒÇé

Feat of Yang Guo smashing a huge stone with a very light strike.

TSpinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Hmmn that could be a good lifting strength feat (bending is lifting strength). I listed it as Class 5 for now as Ajax from Deadpool bending a metal bar is Class 5.
There is a huge difference though, this feat was done from his sleeve. 'I'f you want strength feats I can easily find for you too.

Ebitan34 said:
TSpinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
There is a huge difference though, this feat was done from his sleeve. 'I'f you want strength feats I can easily find for you too.
Strength feats are a little tricky though, because they don't do much lifting, but they have a lot of striking feats.

Þ┐Öõ©Çµïùõ╣ïÕèøÚøåõ║ÄÚô£µØÁõ©¡Úâ¿´╝îÞ┐ÉÕè▓µùóÕÀºõ©öþîø´╝îµîëþÉåÕÅ▓Õ¡úÕ╝║ÚØ×Þä▒µëïõ©ìÕÅ»´╝îÚéúþƒÑõ╗ûõ╗ìµÿ»þëóþëóµèôõ¢Å´╝îÕŬµÿ»ÚéúµØíÕÆîÞ▒íÚ╝╗Þê¼þ▓ùÕñºþÜäÚô£µØ┐µØÁÕì┤Õ╝»µêÉõ║åµø▓Õ░║õ╣ïÕ¢óÒÇéµØ¿Þ┐çÕûØÚüô´╝Ü"ÕÑ¢´╝ü"Þ¢¼Õè▓ÕÉæõ©ïµïùÞÉ¢´╝îÚô£µØÁõ╗ÄÕŪõ©ÇÞ¥╣Õ╝»Õ░åõ©ïµØÑ´╝î"Õò¬"þÜäõ©ÇÕú░´╝îµû¡µêÉõ©ñµê¬ÒÇéÕÅ▓Õ¡úÕ╝║Þó½Ú£çÕ¥ùÕÅîµëïÞÖÄÕÅúÚâ¢þá┤ÞúéÕ»©Þ«©´╝îÚ▓£ÞíÇÚò┐µÁüÒÇéõ¢åÞ┐ÖÕñºµ▒ëþ½ƒµ£ëõ©ÇÞéíþïáÕè▓´╝îõ╗ìµÿ»µ¡╗Õ梵èôõ¢ÅµØÁµƒäõ©ìµö¥ÒÇé

A light flick of Yang Guo's wrist broke a bronze staff easily.

Õò©Õú░µéáµéáõ©ìþ╗Ø´╝îÕŬÕɼեùõ║║õ║║ÕÅÿÞë▓´╝îÕà¢þ¥ñþ║Àþ║ÀµæöÕÇÆ´╝îµÄÑþØÇÞÑ┐Õ▒▒ÕìüÚ¼╝ÒÇüÕÅ▓µ░ÅÕàäÕ╝ƒÕàêÕÉÄÞÀîÕÇÆ´╝îÕŬµ£ëÕìüõ¢ÖÕñ┤ÕñºÞ▒íÒÇüÕÅ▓ÕÅöÕêÜÕÆîÚâ¡ÞÑäõ©ñõ║║ÕïëÕ╝║þø┤þ½ïÒÇéÚéúþÑ×ÚøòµÿéÚªûþÄ»Úí¥´╝îþöܵ£ëÕé▓Þë▓ÒÇéµØ¿Þ┐çÕ┐âµâ│Þ┐ÖþùàÕñ½ÕåàÕèøõ©ìµÁà´╝îµêæÞïÑÕåìÕé¼Õò©Õú░´╝îþí¼þöƒþöƒÕ░åõ╗ûµæöÕÇÆ´╝îÕŬµÇòõ╗ûÞªüÕÅùÕëºþâêÕåàõ╝ñ´╝îÕ¢ôõ©ïÚò┐Þóûõ©ÇµîÑ´╝îõ¢ÅÕÅúÕü£Õò©ÒÇéÞ┐çõ║åþëçÕê╗´╝îõ╝ùõ║║ÕÆîþ¥ñÕࢵëìµàóµàóþ½ÖÞÁÀÒÇéÞ▒║þï╝þ¡ëÕ░ÅÕà¢þ½ƒµ£ëÞó½õ╗ûÕò©Õú░Ú£çµÖòõ©ìÚåÆþÜä´╝îÚø¬Õ£░õ©¡ÚüìÕ£░Ú⢵ÿ»þ¥ñÕà¢ÕÉôÕç║µØÑþÜäÕ▒ÄÕ░┐ÒÇéþ¥ñÕà¢õ©ìþ¡ëÕÅ▓µ░ÅÕàäÕ╝ƒÕæ╝ÕûØ´╝îþ║Àþ║ÀÕñ╣þØÇÕ░¥ÕÀ┤ÚÇâÕàÑõ║åµáæµ×ùµÀ▒Õñä´╝îÞ┐×Õø×Õñ┤þ׺õ©Çþ£╝õ╣ƒÚâ¢õ©ìµòóÒÇé

There were around 500 beasts there, with 100 for each Shi brother, so there should be 100 Elephants. One roar from Yang Guo KOed 480+ beasts including elephants. He was holding back to prevent internal injury.

Xie Xun, on the other hand, who was much weaker than Yang Guo killed hundreds of martial artists in one roar.

Elephants are 125 000 Joules. Assuming Yang Guo was 10 m from the farthest elephant (seems like a good low-all)

125000*(4*pi*10^2) = 1.57079632679e8 Joules, 0.04 tons, Small Building level

Õ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│õ╣ƒõ©ìþØǵü╝´╝îÕŬþƒÑÞªüÞ»øµØÇþöäÞÁÁõ║îõ║║´╝îÚØ×Õ░åþ£╝ÕëìÞ┐Öõ©ëõ©¬Ú½ÿµëïÚ®▒Õ╝Çõ©ìÕÅ»´╝îÕåÀÕåÀþÜäÚüô´╝Ü"µùóõ©ìÞé»Þ«®´╝îÕŻުüÕ¥ùþ¢¬õ║å´╝ü"õ©ÇÞ¿Çþö½µ»ò´╝îÕëæÕàëÚù¬Õñä´╝îÕŬÕɼեùõ©ÇþëçÕú░Õôì´╝îµéáþäÂõ©ìþ╗ØÒÇéÕôìÕú░µ£¬Þ┐ç´╝îÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│ÕÀ▓ÞÀâÚÇÇõ©êõ¢Ö´╝îÕø×Õê░Õñºµ«┐õ©¡Õ┐âþ½ÖÕ«ÜÒÇéµ¢çµ╣ÿÕ¡ÉÕÆîÕ░╝µæ®µÿƒÞä©õ©èÕØçÕÉäÕÅÿÞë▓ÒÇéÕăµØÑÞ┐Öõ©ÇÞ«░Úò┐Õú░õ╣âÕøøÕìüõ¢Öõ©ïµ×üþƒ¡õ┐âþÜäÞ┐×þ╗¡µëôÕç╗þ╗äµêÉÒÇéÞ┐ÖÚíÀÕê╗õ╣ïÚù┤´╝îÕ░ÅÚ¥ÖÕÑ│ÕÅîÕëæÕÀ▓Õê║Õëèþé╣µû®´╝îÕà▒Õç║õ║åÕøøÕìüõ¢Öµïø´╝îÕ░╝µ¢çõ║îõ║║Õ«êÕ¥ùµ╗┤µ░┤õ©ìµ╝Å´╝îµ»Åõ©ÇµïøÕØçµÆ×õ©èõ║åÕàÁÕêâ´╝îÕ£¿þ¥ñÚüôÕɼµØÑ´╝îÕŬõ©ìÞ┐çõ©Çõ©ïÕàÁÕêâþó░Õç╗þÜäÚò┐Õú░ÞÇîÕÀ▓ÒÇé

Solid Super Sonic combat speed from Xiao Long Nv

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Elephants are 125 000 Joules. Assuming Yang Guo was 10 m from the farthest elephant (seems like a good low-all)
There were 480+ animals which included 100 tigers, 100 leopards, 100 Elephants, 100 Apes and 100 lions. Only less than 20 of the Elephants could resist his held back roar.

Your calculation was for one single elephant. The actual feat is a few hundred times larger than that.

Ebitan34 said:
It was 480+ animals what included 100 tigers, 100 leopards, 100 Elephants, 100 Apes and 100 lions. Only less than 20 of the Elephants could resist his held back roar.
Your calculation was for one single elephant. The actual feat is a few hundred times larger than that.
See how he is 8 Tier now?

There were 480+ animals which included 100 tigers, 100 leopards, 100 Elephants, 100 Apes and 100 lions. Only less than 20 of the Elephants could resist his held back roar.

No, I only have to take into account for 1 elephant for Inverse Square Law since assuming the energy spreads out in a sphere it requires the same energy to destroy one elephant and a hundred elephants. To quote Antoniofer:

"An explosion destroy a house 100 m aways from the detonation point, so you can have an idea of what is the yield of the explosive, does something changes if there's a dozens of house with the same area (50 m of below)? They will be equally destroyed, no matter the number."

However you are probably correct that he should be Tier 8 since this was just a roar, his physical strikes should be a lot more powerful.

No, I only have to take into account for 1 elephant for Inverse Square Law since assuming the energy spreads out in a sphere it requires the same energy to destroy one elephant and a hundred elephants. To quote Antoniofer:

"An explosion destroy a house 100 m aways from the detonation point, so you can have an idea of what is the yield of the explosive, does something changes if there's a dozens of house with the same area (50 m of below)? They will be equally destroyed, no matter the number."

However you are probably correct that he should be Tier 8 since this was just a roar, his physical strikes should be a lot more powerful.

I see, thanks for sharing!

Õ┐¢ÕɼեùÕ▒▒Þà░Úçîõ©Çõ║║ÕûØÚüô´╝Ü"Õǃõ╣ªõ©ìÞ┐ÿþÜäõ©ñõ¢ìµ£ïÕÅï´╝îÞ»ÀþÄ░Þ║½þø©Þºü´╝ü"Þ┐Öõ©ñÕÅÑÕûØÕú░ÕŬڣçÕ¥ùµ╗íÕ▒▒þÜåÕôì´╝îµÿ¥þäÂÕåàÕèøÕààµ▓øõ╣ïµ×ü´╝îÞÖ¢õ©ìÕ¿üþîøÚ½ÿµÿé´╝îõ¢åÕèƒÕèøõ╣ïµÀ│´╝îþ½ƒõ╝╝õ©ìÕ╝▒õ║ĵؿÞ┐çþÜäÚò┐Õò©ÒÇéµØ¿Þ┐çõ©Çµâè´╝îÕ┐âµâ│´╝Ü"õ©ûõ©èþ½ƒÕ░ܵ£ëÞ┐ÖµáÀõ©Çõ¢ìÚ½ÿµëï´╝îµêæÕì┤õ©ìþƒÑ´╝ü"

Another noteworth feat here, Jue Yuan whose internal energy is about equal to Yang Guo could vibrate an entire mountain just from shouting as well.

Ah this one is nice. Assuming 2000 feet mountain or 609.6 m and Mercalli 4 intensity.

4+0.0238*0.60926 = 4.014500388 earthquake

10^(1.5*4.014500388+4.8) = 6.63361988102e10 Joules, 15.85 tons, City Block level

Although not sure if this qualifies for an earthquake.

Ah this one is nice. Assuming 2000 feet mountain or 609.6 m and Mercalli 4 intensity.

10^(1.5*4.014500388+4.8) = 6.63361988102e10 Joules, 15.85 tons, City Block level

It was just a vibration throughout the mountain, so idk if it counts as an earthquake lol, never did calcs for VS battles before.

All I can do is provide feats, calculations are your forte man XD

They are definitely above building level but below mountain level.

Ebitan34 said:

It was just a vibration throughout the mountain, so idk if it counts as an earthquake lol, never did calcs for VS battles before.
All I can do is provide feats, calculations are your forte man XD

They are definitely above building level but below mountain level.
Ohh wait it definitely counts as Earth quake! It fits the description really well.

This is what I found online:

Magnitude 2.5 to 5.4
Often felt, but only causes minor damage

Btw, they were on the ÕìÄÕ▒▒ mountain, which I google searched online its height to be 2,160 m, so it should be 7086.614 feet / 2, 160 m tall instead.

ÚéúÞÇüÕªçÞ║½Õ¢óþû¥Úù¬´╝îÕÇÅÕ£░þ¬£Õëì´╝îÞ┐Öõ©Çõ©ïÕ┐½Õ¥ùÕç║ÕÑç´╝îÕŬÕɼÞô¼þÜäõ©ÇÕú░Õôì´╝îÕÅîµÄîÕÀ▓þ╗ôþ╗ôÕ«×Õ«×þÜäÕç╗Õ£¿µØ¿Þ┐çÞâ©ÕëìÒÇéÕÑ╣õ©ÇÕç╗Õì│ÚÇÇ´╝îõ©ìÞ«®µØ¿Þ┐çÞ┐ÿµëï´╝îÕÀ▓ÚÇÇÕ£¿õ©ñõ©êõ╣ïÕñûÒÇéÚâ¡ÞÑäÕñºµâè´╝îµïëþØǵؿÞ┐çþÜäµëïÚù«Úüô´╝Ü"õ¢á……õ¢áÕÅ»µ£ëÕÅùõ╝ñõ╣ê´╝ƒ"ÚéúÞÇüÕªçÕÄëÕú░Úüô´╝Ü"õ¢áõ©¡õ║åµêæ'Úÿ┤Õ»Æþ«¡'µÄîÕèø´╝îÕÀ▓µ┤╗õ©ìÕê░µÿÄÕñ®µ¡ñÕê╗´╝îÞ┐ÖÕÅ»µÿ»Þç¬õ¢£Þç¬ÕÅù´╝îÚí╗µÇ¬õ©ìÕ¥ùµùüõ║║ÒÇé

Õ¢ôÕìüõ║öÕ╣┤õ╣ïÕëì´╝îµØ¿Þ┐çþÜ䵡ªÕèƒÕÀ▓Þ┐£ÚØ×Þ┐ÖÞÇüÕªçµëÇÞâ¢ÕÅè´╝îÞ┐ÖµùÂõ╗ûÕåàÕñûÕà╝õ┐«´╝ÉÞç╗ÕàÑþÑ×ÕØÉþàºþÜäÕîûÕóâ´╝îÚéúÞÇüÕªçþÜä'Õ»ÆÚÿ┤þ«¡'µÄîÕèøÞÖ¢þïáµ»ÆÕçîÕÄë´╝îÕì┤Õªéõ¢òõ╝ñÕ¥ùõ║åõ╗û´╝ƒÕŬõ©ìÞ┐çõ╗ûõ©ÄÞ┐ÖÞÇüÕªçµùáµÇ¿µùáõ╗ç´╝îÕÅêµÿ»õ©║µ▒éÕÑ╣Õ┐âþê▒õ╣ïþë®ÞÇîµØÑ´╝îÞ┤©þäµìòµìëþüÁþïÉ´╝îþ╗êþ®ÂÞç¬ÕÀ▒þÉåõ║Å´╝îÕøᵡñõ¥┐õ╗╗ÕÑ╣µïìÕç╗õ©ëµÄî´╝îþ½ƒõ©ìÞ┐ÿµëïÒÇé

ÚéúÞÇüÕªçõ║îÕìüõ¢ÖÕ╣┤µØÑÞïªþ╗â'Õ»ÆÚÿ┤þ«¡'µÄîÕèø´╝îÕÀ▓Þâ¢õ©ÇµÄîÞ┐×þóÄÕìüõ©âÕØùÚØÆþáû´╝îÞÇîµ»ÅÕØùÚØÆþáûþÜäþáûÕ▒æÕå│õ©ìÕøøµòúÚú׵뼴╝îÚÿ┤þïáÕ╝║Õè▓´╝îÕà╝ÞÇîµ£ëõ╣ïÒÇéÕÑ╣ÞºüµØ¿Þ┐çõ©¡õ║åÞç¬ÕÀ▒ÕÅîµÄî´╝îÕ«ÜÕÀ▓ÕåàÞäÅÚ£çÞúé´╝îõ¢åõ╗ìþ¼æÕɃÕɃþÜäµÁæÞïѵùáõ║ï´╝îÕ┐âÚüô´╝Ü"Þ┐ÖÕ░ÅÕ¡Éõ©┤µ¡╗Þ┐ÿÕ£¿þí¼µî║ÒÇé"Þ»┤Úüô´╝Ü"õ╣ÿþØÇÞ┐ÿµ£¬ÕÇƵ»Ö´╝îÕ┐½Õ┐½Õ©ªõ║åÕ░ÅÕ¿âÕä┐Õç║ÕÄ╗þ¢ó´╝îÞĽުüµ¡╗Õ£¿µêæÚ╗æÚ¥Öµ¢¡õ©¡ÒÇé" µØ¿Þ┐çµè¼ÞÁÀÕñ┤µØÑ´╝îµ£ùÕú░Þ»┤Úüô´╝Ü"ÞÇüÕëìÞ¥êÕâ╗ÕñäÞìÆÕ£░´╝îµêûõ©ìþƒÑõ©ûÚù┤µ¡ªÕ¡ªÕñÜþ½»´╝îÞ»©Õ«Âõ┐«õ©║´╝îÕÉäµ£ëµëÇÚò┐ÒÇé"Þ»┤þ¢óþ║ÁÕú░Úò┐þ¼æ´╝îþ¼æÕú░ÚøäµÁæÞ▒¬Õú«´╝îþø┤µ£ëÞúéþƒ│þá┤õ║æõ╣ïÕè┐´╝îµÿ¥µÿ»õ©¡µ░öµ▓øþä´╝îÕåàÕèøµÀ▒µ╣øÒÇé

ÚéúÞÇüÕªçõ©ÇÕɼ´╝îþƒÑõ╗ûþ½ƒõ©Øµ»½µ£¬ÕÅùµìƒõ╝ñ´╝îõ©ìþö▒Õ¥ùÞä©Õªéµ¡╗þü░´╝îÞ║½Õ¡ÉµæçµÖâ´╝îÞ┐ÖµùµëìþƒÑõ╗ûÕÀ▓Þ«®õ║åÞç¬ÕÀ▒õ©ëµÄî´╝îÞç¬ÕÀ▒ÕÅ»þ╗ØÚØ×õ╗ûÕ»╣µëï´╝îõ©ìþ¡ëõ╗ûþ¼æÕ«î´╝îµÅÉÞÁÀµÇÇõ©¡þüÁþïÉ´╝îµÆ«Õöçõ©ÇÕÉ╣´╝îÕŪõ©ÇÕñ┤þüÁþïÉõ╣ƒõ╗ÄÞìëõ©øõ©¡ÚÆ╗Õç║´╝îÞÀâÕàÑÞÇüÕªçµÇÇõ©¡ÒÇé

Durability feat for Yang Guo: He completely no-selled a very concentrated and freezing direct palm strike that could completely pulverize 17 bricks straight in one shot, with such concentrated power that the shattered pieces of the bricks were not blown away.

It completely did 0 damage to him that he even laughed it off.

I'll calc them later.

Damn Legend of the Condor Heroes is really featless compared to the Return of the Condor Heroes, I really need to reread the latter.

I'll calc them later.
Damn Legend of the Condor Heroes is really featless compared to the Return of the Condor Heroes, I really need to reread the latter.
Alrights take your time man!

I can agree with that, though it is mainly because my memory of Return of the Condor Heroes is among the strongest when it comes to Jin Yong Novels hahahaha, there might be a lot of feats in Legend of the Condor Heroes that I have simply just forgot about them.

4+0.0238*2.16 = 4.051408

10^(1.5*4.051408+4.8) = 7.535498713e10 Joules, 18.0102741707 tons, City Block level

Still 8-B for mountain shaking.

Ok, so potential Guo Jing upgrade to 8-B I guess. Thanks for all the calcs man! There are still many other feats but that's all I will give for now, will update more feats when I have time (mid-terms are close lol).

Someone should probably do a Yang Guo profile too.
I can voluntarily do that after my Mid Terms. For now, let's throw the Guo Jing 9-C crap out of the window lol.

Do you think the Seven Freaks of Jiangnan chucking a pot full of wine is calcable? That could scale to all near-fodder wuxia.
I see no reason why it can't tbh. From the picture of my book, the pot was about the same volume as a person spreading his arms and spinning 360 degress. So, all we need to do is get the voume and density of the wine to calc the mass in addtion to the mass of the pot lol.

Oh yeah Jin Yong novels also has their own hax called þé╣þ®┤, Acupuncture attacks. These attacks can instantly stun or even kill opponents who does not have strong Qi in their body.

It is an attack that bypasses physical durability and can only be resisted by strong Qi.

Note that a person with weaker Qi can still stun a person with higher Qi unless their Qi is leagues apart.

Logically speaking, even fodder martial artists in Jin Yong universe know Pressure Point attacks, it is just matter of how proficient they are in the art and how much Qi they can channel into it.

Since A-Qing is a top-tier fighter, she should logically know High-level Pressure Point techniques imo.

Þ¢╗Õèƒ sounds like Body weight manipulation using Qi lol, because peopple skilled in Þ¢╗Õèƒ can control how light or heavy they want their body to be for different purposes. Most poeple usually lighten their body so that they can run/combat at superhuman speeds. They can also choose to increase their weight to not be pushed around in a combat.

Xiao Long Nv, Wei Yi Xiao, Li Mo Chou, Qiu Qian Ren and Yang Guo are Top-tier Þ¢╗Õèƒ users I can think of for now.

Back