• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jin Yong wuxia novel discussion thread (0.1)

Pigeons are known to normally move at 60 mph or 26.8224 m/s (SuperHuman) speeds so adjust accordingly.

Speeds of up to 160 km/h (100 miles per hour) have been observed in top racers for short distances (but even Wikipedia cannot provide a source). So adjust accordingly.

I think I might downgrade Yang Guo from 8-B to 9-A instead. Tbh I think the Hua Shan Mountain "shaking" feat was more of an echo thingy. In fact, the book has multiple times stated that Yang Guo's palm strikes could rival the Tidal Waves, so based on my previous calculations, Yang Guo's palm strikes would be Small Building + instead.

õ©ÿÞÖòµ®ƒÕñºµÇÆ´╝îÕûØÚüô´╝ÜÒÇîõ¢áõ╣ƒµÿ»µ¡ªµ×ùõ©¡þƒÑÕÉìõ║║þë®´╝îþ½ƒµòóժ鵡ñþé║ÚØ×õ¢£µ¡╣´╝üÒÇìÕÅ│µëïõ©ÇÚÇü´╝îõ©ÇÕÅúµò©þÖ¥µûñÚçìþÜäÚèàþ╝©ÚÇúÚàÆÕ©Âþ╝©´╝îÕÉæÞæùþ䪵£¿ÚúøÕÄ╗ÒÇéþ䪵£¿þ©▒Þ║½Þ║ìÚûïÚü┐ÚüÄÒÇé

Apparently the big pot (I think not including wine) is a few hundred "jin". How much is one jin in Nan Song?

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
625 g from a quick Google search.
Assuming 300

0.625*300 = 187.5 kg, excluding wine
What is the mass of the wine though, that sounds like a huge amount of the mass

It seems that I was wrong, the top tiers in Jin Yong are actually in 9-A, High tiers in High 9-B, Mid Tiers in 9-B, Low Tiers in 9-C while fodders in low 9-C or 10-A.

God Tiers, though, are quite vague imo, though they are most likely in Tier 8.

What about this?

Úâ¡ÚØûÕÅêÚüô´╝ÜÒÇîÞç¬õ¥åÞï▒ÚøäÞÇîþé║þòÂõ©ûµ¼¢õ╗░ÒÇüÕ¥îõ║║Þ┐¢µàò´╝îÕ┐àµÿ»þé║µ░æÚÇáþªÅÒÇüµäøÞ¡ÀþÖ¥Õºôõ╣ïõ║║ÒÇéõ╗ѵêæõ╣ïÞªï´╝║Õ¥ùõ║║ÕñÜÕì╗µ£¬Õ┐àþ«ùµÿ»Þï▒ÚøäÒÇéÒÇì

Probably can find a better one if I read LotCH in depth tho.

We can also make a JinYong WuXia verse page, do you guys think it is a good idea? From there, we can start to include more Jin Yong characters like Xiao Feng, Huang Rong, Hong Qi Gong, Dragon Maiden, Duan Yu, Ling Hu Chong etc.

The verse is definitely not super OP like Marvel, Anime etc. because it is Wuxia where the characters are still realistically human. All the OP characters would come from Xianxia like SunWukong, Nezha, Jade Emperor etc.

Yeah we should probably make a Wuxia verse page, then gradually add more characters.

As a big LotCH fan I want to add Qiu Chuji and Mei Chaofeng so they can fight uwu.

Ebitan34 said:
We can also make a JinYong WuXia verse page, do you guys think it is a good idea? From there, we can start to include more Jin Yong characters like Xiao Feng, Huang Rong, Hong Qi Gong, Dragon Maiden, Duan Yu, Ling Hu Chong etc.

The verse is definitely not super OP like Marvel, Anime etc. because it is Wuxia where the characters are still realistically human. All the OP characters would come from Xianxia like SunWukong, Nezha, Jade Emperor etc.
I agree with you. Jingyong and Gulong are two famous wuxia author. :)

That quote sounds cool, though if I recall correctly that might be even more badass quotes from him.

Hahahaha can't wait for the day for Vs battles between wuxia characters eh? Imagine Jin yong vs Gu long...

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Yeah we should probably make a Wuxia verse page, then gradually add more characters.
As a big LotCH fan I want to add Qiu Chuji and Mei Chaofeng so they can fight uwu.
I can create one though, shall we use a sandbox first? I really need help when it comes to editting XD

Just saying:

A Jin Yong series differs from a Gu Long series so different verse profiles for at least one author.

Yeah they are different verses.

Probably something like "Jin Yong Wuxia" and "Gu Long Wuxia" (if we're potentially making the latter).

@Ebitan34 Sure, but take your time, since the wiki is locking down in 11 hours and it would probably be some time before you can publish pages again (in case you don't know Fandom is nuking the forums so we have to shut down everything to perform the back-up).

Ebitan34 said:
That quote sounds cool, though if I recall correctly that might be even more badass quotes from him.

Hahahaha can't wait for the day for Vs battles between wuxia characters eh? Imagine Jin yong vs Gu long...
Well most of the shit Guo Jing says in the first half of LotCH is just pure stupidity or politeness, and nothing would really qualify as "badass" imo. Maybe there's stuff in RotCH considering he's "Northern Hero" now?

I can see if if I can find any badass quotes in RoTCH. He was a very heroic figure in the book, so he definitely had many inspiring lines.

I have read at some point the Heaven-Leaning Sword and the Dragon-Slaying Saber were being snapped. (Said to do so to get into crazier tactics and martial arts scrolls that helped the Ming Dynasty to rise to power eventually)

Is that true? How would the sword snapping feats be properly calculated and estimated?

Jasonsith said:
I have read at some point the Heaven-Leaning Sword and the Dragon-Slaying Saber were being snapped. (Said to do so to get into crazier tactics and martial arts scrolls that helped the Ming Dynasty to rise to power eventually)
Is that true? How would the sword snapping feats be properly calculated and estimated?
Well they only snapped by slashing the Heaven-Leaning Sword and Dragon-Slaying Saber against each other, since both of them were made of the same material, only they could break each other.

Back