• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Devil-Jin
"Power is everything"

DMC5 Super V
"I have no name; I am but two days old..." Just kidding. You can call me "V."

Rules: Both Combatants at 7-B

Speed is Equalized

Who Wins and Why?

Ji
:

V:

Inconclusive:

v depends on his creatures to be 7-B but if we remove that his creature has fear and passive madness + low godly regen.

V being a 10-B doesn't mean thaaaat much since his summons fight for him and defend him when needed

Also, Nightmare would be a problem by AP alone

If this is Devil Jin, i can say he could probably win maybe, i see V has soul resistance but its one thing to have the soul not turn into a monster and one to have it absorbed, plus forcefields and telekinesis that can blow them up if he wants

BlackDarkness679 said:
If this is Devil Jin, i can say he could probably win maybe, i see V has soul resistance but its one thing to have the soul not turn into a monster and one to have it absorbed, plus forcefields and telekinesis that can blow them up if he wants
you know you have to go through the fear & madness hax passive and low godly of your invocation.

@Oliver

I see resistance on madness manipulation but not any of them having it for themselves, low godly regen is nowhere on V profile either and the fear manipulation says can be resisted by other demons, Jin is a half devil so theoretically it shouldnt affect him since in DMC it goes as that

@BlackDarness679

There are some things that should be added but everyone agrees and Jin is half a demon but he is from another universe and the equalization of verse dictates that he is in a neutral universe but thus a versus with a smt demon character vs a human being I would give this observation for just being human.

@Oliver

As of now they arent added to the profile, so till then its stands as it is for now, even so the regen is based on their souls right? Devil Jin can just absorb them for himself and grow more powerful from that and things like possession or such wont work if they try it, since Jin resisted the devil trying to take over him at this point now

V's summons won't have maddness manipulation but fear manipulation is on V's profile and Jin doesn't resists fear manipulation. Jin's soul manipulation can only work if it's potent enough, as in Jin has canonically used it on those with soul manipulation resistance.

Having your soul transform you into a monster isnt the same as absorbing one, it cant be said theu resist all forms of soul manipulation

It's not resisting all forms of soul manipulation, it's resisting 1 basic form of soul manipulation. There is no way to gauge the energy difference between transforming a soul into a completely different one vs absorbing a soul so we consider resisting these abilities as regular soul manipulation resistance but if we were trying to gauge soul destruction vs soul absorption then soul absorption is the winner here, but that's not the case here. V should resist Jin's soul absorption.

Why its not the case here? Also again they are different kinds of soul manipulation, you cant say someone that resists soul destruction will be unaffected by having it taken out of the body

Because the mechanics are fundamentally diffrent from verse to verse and impossible to determine in real life. If V can survive in an enviornment that instantly transforms souls into something else, I don't think he would he would be affected by soul absorption, this would be the same if the cases were flipped.

They are different things still

90% of soul manipulation in verses match ups are different but it rarely matters unless it's soul erasure/destruction or if the soul manipulation is potent.

And V is Vergil human side, wasnt the soul manipulation thing for demons only that resist such stuff?Why V has it

He surived going to the underworld and he isn't 100% human, he still has latent demonic power

I don't know, I don't follow Tekken and don't have an opinion on the match up. I came to the thread correct some things regarding V's abilities to prevent confusion.

Back