• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jim Miller Chased Off Twitter Over MLP Ending

Was on Twitter and saw this post by Jim talking about getting death threats, hate, and personal attacks because people who saw the leaked ending didn't like it.

https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/1165724563600105472

What the hell is wrong with people? People think they're big men for doing shit like this? Some people are phychopaths I tell you. My heart goes out to Jim. Worst part of it all is that it's inevitably going to happen again with some other series.

This is awful. For what it is worth, I thought that the ending was well handled.

Probably people mad about unanswered questions as well as the fact that they turned a child into stone. For what it's worth, I myself have a number of questions I want answered, and I would like them to at least confirm that SPOILER:

Cozy Glow will not stay in stone forever, but the way they are going about it is all wrong. They should wait until the episodes air in America, than contact Jim, Megan Mccarthy, and/or any of the writers of the final three episodes and ask them there questions and ask them to address their concerns. Bombarding a twitter feed with death threats before the episodes officially air is ridiculous. Wait 'til they officially air, than contact them, and if they ignore the questions and concerns, THAN you can throw a fit.

Ids why anyone would want Cozy Glow to be free. The amount of mental gymnastics people do to justiffy her and vilify her imprisoners (this goes for the S8 finale too) is a unique combination of absurd and disgusting.

I mean it is extreme to have a child essentially trapped in hell then turned to stone but Cozy was not innocent no way in hell.

Oh for the love of, not this again. Tartaurus doesn't give you eternal torture like classic hell, you don't roll boulders up a hill for all eternity, you aren't burning in fire, you just sit there in a cage like normal prison. It has proper guards that check on the prisoners. It even lets them have mail for goodness sake. Tartaurus is Tartaurus/Hell in name only. It's about as close to hell as a common prison. And thats all it is: A glorified prison.

Did you know she deliberatley sent non-flying ponies in the clouds to what was potentially their deaths? Did you know she potentially caused off-screen deaths? Because the second bolded is way truer than you think. I'll say it: She deserved what she got both in Seasons 8 and 9. She gets no sympathy from me.

Dude I'm not defending her and I agree she did horrible things. You do have a point about Tartarus but considering it's some Greek mythology version of hell and it's guarded by Cerberus it's easy to make the comparison.

Come to think of it is Tartarus like the only prison in Equestria? I forget if anymore we're seen.

Also, I agree that Cozy got what she deserved. She may be a kid, but she clearly has more evil intentions than most adults, she was honestly probably one of the most willing-to-kill villains in the whole show.

And even then, I don't think she deserved to try and be reformed. The difference between these 3 and other reformed villains is that people like Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Starlight all showed remorse and willingness to change. Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy never showed any remorse for what they did or any willingness to become good. They were all the most pure evil villains in the show, and they all got what was coming to them.

Equating MLP Tartaurus to hell kinda triggers me. People like to use the argument that it's hell to make things sound far far worse than they actually are when really she's just sitting behind bars. They want to inflate her situation and start shit. It's dishonest and it's infuriating when I see people call it that.

Don't think I'm saying you're one of those people, but I still hate it anyways for how people use it. Trolls have used it to make the show look bad, and it just makes me upset seeing people use it. It's a personal thing.

The reason people are complaining about their fate is because Cozy Glow is a kid, and she, Tirek, and Chrysalis almost reformed near the end of Frenemies. If Cozy had been a teenager and you had cut out that one scene where they almost realized how nice friendship was, people would have about as much sympathy for them as they did for Sombra, which is to say little to none unless you are one of those Draco in Leather Pants type people. I for one wouldn't mind too much if they had given any indication she wouldn't stay in stone forever.

Anyway, I say wait until they air in America, ask the showrunners your questions, and if they ignore them or whatever, THAN throw your fits, but don't send them death threats.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
The reason people are complaining about their fate is because Cozy Glow is a kid, and she, Tirek, and Chrysalis almost reformed near the end of Frenemies. If Cozy had been a teenager and you had cut out that one scene where they almost realized how nice friendship was, people would have about as much sympathy for them as they did for Sombra, which is to say little to none unless you are one of those Draco in Leather Pants type people. I for one wouldn't mind too much if they had given any indication she wouldn't stay in stone forever.
Anyway, I say wait until they air in America, ask the showrunners your questions, and if they ignore them or whatever, THAN throw your fits, but don't send them death threats.
That's literally the only argument that holds any water. They rejected friendship for power in the end. Chrysalis said they would never stop trying. And don't give me that crap about Tirek and Cozy cowering not saying anything. Yeah, they just tried taking over a country, nearly got everyone killed, and nearly destryed it via the Wendigos and are now at the full mercy and power of some very pissed off victims. No shit they'd be scared. They're scared because they got caught.

I will say this right now; I feel little sympathy for C and T (if it weren't for that one scene, I would feel NO sympathy for them, even if they had gotten killed), but I had always hoped that the CHILD would either be reformed or re-imprisoned but with it being clear she won't stay locked up forever. Evil or not, she's still a child. I hope that the writers can confirm that there's at least a possibility that at least she might not stay like that forever, if Twilight was willing to have Luster Dawn and her friends try and reform her like Celestia had them reform Discord. That said, if they say nothing of the sort, I still won't be reacting like those nuts on Twitter.

Tbh I'm actually really glad Tirek, Cozy and Chrysalis weren't reformed. Don't get me wrong the previous ones were fine but it was getting a bit annoying how every major antagonist in MLP had to be reformed and turned good.

And in the other cases it made sense for Luna, Starlight and even Discord to change there ways. This can't be said for Cozy, Tirek and especially Chrysalis who show no remorse or sympathy to anyone they hurt and the latter outright slapping away a chance at redemption.

I agree that turning a child to stone might be extreme, but it is also about realpolitik due to how dangerous she is. If she had remained free, she might have shut down all magic in Equestria again, which would have turned everybody into easy prey for all of the dangerous predators in the pony world.

By the way, is somebody willing to ask Jim if the hint that Rainbow Dash and Applejack had become a couple was accurate?

In the future they were chatting together about who makes the dishes at home, or somesuch.

Huh. Well, I do have a few questions myself for him and/or Megan Mccarthy. Disregarding my concern about if there's any chance Cozy Glow will ever be let out of her stone state, I am curious if Sandbar and Yona were a couple since they seemed to be living at Carousel Boutique. I am also wondering if the "Twilight will not outlive her friends" statement is still true now that she's undergone another transformation to look like Celestia, and if she is still mortal, does that mean that she will be finding someone (most likely Luster Dawn) to take over one day and that's how the monarchy is gonna work now? I would also like to know just how far into the future the ending is. I would guess 10 years, but the Cake Twins look like teenagers (I know that going by how many years passed from their debut episode they should have already been kids by the end of their last pre timeskip appearance, but the show depicted them as still being babies), which chronologically doesn't add up.

I think that it was supposed to be a roughly 20 year time gap.

About the "will not outlive her friends" statement. Twilight still looked young, whereas her friends had some wrinkles.

I personally find it hilarious how people are calling Discord a hypocrite for wanting to stone the villains when he previously stated he doesn't turn people to stone. Sure, nevermind the fact that they nearly destroyed all Equestria and his statement was talking about normal people as opposed to insane psychopaths who explicitly will keep coming back to try again.

I still say Cozy should have explicitly been stoned only until they are ready to try reforming her. Whatever. After the episodes air in America, we can go ask Jim and Megan are questions and see if they respond. I really am worried about the "Will not outlive her friends" thing being retconned though. There's a reason the trope "Immortality Hurts" exists. Also, I would like to know where that form came from. It isn't explained in-show at all.

Back