• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jigsaw Gets revenge for Luigi

Hello Mario. I want to play a game. You have kept your brother in the shadows for too long. Now you play a game to save your own life.

John Kramer had 3 months to set up any of his traps. He can use any of them and Mario must Traverse them and make it to the other end, fight and kill John, and get out alive. Does Mario make it out alive? Or does he die on his way to John.

Mario is 9-B

John Kramer: 2

Mario (Captain Lou Albano): 1

Inconclusive:

OK, so Mario does not resist poison, which means he's dying. Badly, I would say, since you gave Jigsaw that amount of prep.

The Archdemon said:
OK, so Mario does not resist poison, which means he's dying. Badly, I would say, since you gave Jigsaw that amount of prep.
True. Though John will give Mario a chance to win regardless. As that's how his games work.

Well, even with his hidden weapons and prep time, should Mario get to John, that's a pretty clear win face-to-face, so the fight really comes down to the traps.

But before I can make a good call with Mario surviving traps, what's his Time Manipulation from? Because if he can turn back time quite a number of traps become a lot less dangerous, and he gets more knowlage on repeated tries. Traps with time limits more-or-less become a joke, things like poisons might stop being a problem too, and considering Mario's survivablility comes from surviving both blunt force and major electrocutions, some of the traps won't be instant-kills, or might not work at all, like electrical traps. Plus this Mario might be a bit silly, but we do have him at Above Average Inteligance, and the Jigsaw traps are made with winning in mind. As long as Time Manipulation is something he can regularly control, added with Jigsaw's purpousefully winnable traps, and Mario having some decent survivability and being on the clever side, this could actually go in his favor.

To answer you questions about Time manipulation

Basically, after cleaning his house, he reverses time to dirty it back up. So it would applable on certain traps if Mario made the wrong choice. He could reverse to do his choice again.

Wow, talk about a man committed to cleaning.

But, if it's that readily available to him that negates the pressure a number of traps cause, might roll back the damage poison is doing on his body, give him extra info on retries, and save his life should he be wounded but not killed instantly. Add that ontop of eletric resistance, just being tough, and pretty clever, and I think Mario could get the traps done and survive a Saw game.

Plus, bonus points, with rewinding time, John's going to rewinded too (in theory at least), so he shouldn't immedietly notice Mario is 'cheating', so he'll have no reason to call the game off or trigger a 'Game over' to punish him.

Yeah, thanks to Time Manip and Mario's natural talents and resiliance, I give him the clear to win the traps and get into a fight with John. And a fight directly with John would just be a stomp.

Time manip seems like haxstomp to me. Though, has it already affected people? Because, if not, it would be headcanon to assume it would, and Kramer would end up killing him due to cheating.

Time manip seems like haxstomp to me. Though, has it already affected people? I mean, people's memories. Because, if not, it would be headcanon to assume it would, and Kramer would end up killing him due to cheating.

The Archdemon said:
Time manip seems like haxstomp to me. Though, has it already affected people? I mean, people's memories. Because, if not, it would be headcanon to assume it would, and Kramer would end up killing him due to cheating.
We aren't sure if it has ever effected other people. Mario and Luigi were the only ones who reversed it. Others were not there.

Then we cannot assume it would due to lack of feats, and thus Kramer would throw a "Game Over" at Mario whenever he found out the latter was cheating. Not a haxstomp, then, and Kramer is most likely still getting it. Intelligence, you know.

Link isn't working plus I am not sure his ability is actually what you say it is anyway. If it is I am not sure how him reversing how clean his house is would be ombat aplicable.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Link isn't working plus I am not sure his ability is actually what you say it is anyway. If it is I am not sure how him reversing how clean his house is would be ombat aplicable.
He reversed the actions he did essentially. Like at one point, he was pusbinf trash with a push broom. This video showed him doing it in reverse. Like him pulling it back and the trash following. So it would be applicable to traps at least. As it would reverse them. So say he steps on a trap and spikes start to come down, he would reverse it, and his actions, followed by the consequences they would have would reverse as well

And try this link https://youtu.be/NtWhZH1PdgY

Buttersamuri said:
HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
He reversed the actions he did essentially. Like at one point, he was pusbinf trash with a push broom. This video showed him doing it in reverse. Like him pulling it back and the trash following. So it would be applicable to traps at least. As it would reverse them. So say he steps on a trap and spikes start to come down, he would reverse it, and his actions, followed by the consequences they would have would reverse as well

And try this link https://youtu.be/NtWhZH1PdgY
Evidence for that?

Mario can rewind time if he is dead. SBA says John wants to kill Mario. Any of John's traps could do that. Various bombs, fire, burning steam, posionous gas, acids, etc. Mario will die before he can rewind time. Youtube doesn't work for me so I am ASSUMING it is time manip.

Would have to kill him instantly. John wants to kill Mario, but he does always give his opponents a chance to win.

I think you are completely negating the fact 1. Jigsaw always gives his victims a chance 2. Mario is a generally smart person when it comes to mechanics stuff which honestly should help him out in some areas. Obviously won't help with them all. But it isn't gonna be jigsaw is lugging several pipe bombs at him. It's traps with clues to solve

Oviously han't played the games or films. Mario does anything wrong, he is either blown up, has a bullet in his brain, is decapitated, etc etc etc.

You are ignoring SBA where both combatants are trying to kill each other.

Now you are just being insulting.

I have seen games and films. And I know for a fact that certain traps wouldn't result in instant death. I'm aware SOME traps can result in it yes. But not all of them. There were multiple ones that wasn't instant. Giving Mario plenty of time to use his powers. This time reversal came help with ones that caused what leads to a fatal mistake. Example, maybe he had three doors. One causes the room to slowly collapse. Well, he enters that one, realizes it's wrong and reverses his actions that got him in that room. And I'm saying he is intelligent as well in the forms of mechanics. A general smart person who can cut off some traps, and his mechanic know how could help with other traps. I explaing Marios side and what he has to work with. I never downright said he won. And I wasn't even arguing he should win. I'm simply laying down the facts about him.

You are acting like I'm saying it solves everything. Which is Bull. I never said that. All I said is if the trap doesn't instantly kill him. Then he had the chance to reverse time and undo that trap. And that he is a generally smart person. Especially in mechanics. Which also helps him. Stop bending what I said.

Yes both combatants are trying to kill each other. But this works like any saw movie. The victim is always given a chance. If he can work through the traps. And solve his clues. Then they win. Mario is placed in a Saw situation. This one jut ends wth him ending up in Johns room. Which John will give him the chance to do.

Buttersamuri said:
Now you are just being insulting.
I have seen games and films. And I know for a fact that certain traps wouldn't result in instant death. I'm aware SOME traps can result in it yes. But not all of them. This time reversal came help with ones that caused what leads to a fatal mistake. Example, maybe he had three doors. One causes the room to slowly collapse. Well, he enters that one, realizes it's wrong and reverses his actions that got him in that room,

You are acting like I'm saying it solves everything. Which is Bull. I never said that. All I said is if the trap doesn't instantly kill him. Then he had the chance to reverse time and undo that trap. Stop bending what I said.
Not trying to be insulting or bend your words. I am sorry that you are interpreting it like that and I am sorry for coming off that way. My apologies.

Actually don't think any of the bullet things would work now. Mario scales to someone who blocked a laser. Basically means no progectiles will work, as Mario will be able to react to them. No situations will work because of time manip unless he gets killed right off the bat. Only thing I see working is Bombs or traps he would have no way to escape even if he did react to it.

What does Mario's rewind effect? I don't think it effects him, just the enviorment. So any damage he gets, he keeps. So just blow him up, burn him, drench him in acid, etc.

Tbh I still feel Mario may stomp due to reaction and time reverse of objects aka traps but atm still going John.

Marios rewind effect will effect anything he interacted with. Like when he was sweeeping with a push mop. When he reversed time, the trap followed him when he was going backwards. And not like it could have just been him moving backwards. The trash was in front of the mop. And was still following. So it's just anything he interacts with.

And yea. Basically it's if Mario would screw up on an instant death trap. Which would happen sometimes realistically. It's a matter of who wins more often out of 10 times.

And alrighty. I'll keep your vote there then

Still really can't be dismissed. They didn't show up a lot, and they do have other wacky powers like that. Like luigi having minor Precog. And then the fact Mario somehow switched brains with someone because he bonked his head. (Which oddly happened a lot). And both Mario and Luigi did it.

Time reversal is a power too. It all seems toony considering how they act at times. But still shouldn't dismiss the power. Since both pull it off, and it fits their kind of powers. One of their feats in speed might support time manipulation in the form when they were working in Inspector gadget, they suddenly speed up in the manner that you would when you hit forward like x2. Though I just put that down as a speed feat since we can't be certain with that. The time reverse is far more solid than that one.

Not mopping. Pushing trash with a push mop. Like he kept pushing trash forward. But reversed doing it. And even tho he was moving backwards, the trash followed him.

Back