• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jellal's Falling Meteor Calc Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
In the Calculation below, the low-end of the feat was excepted

Calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Malikobama1/Jellal_Sema_Revised

However I have heard that it makes more sense for the mid-end to be accepted, as for the Low-end, why would the meteor move so slow, as well isn't is better to always mid-end feats so that they're apropriate with the scale, I see no reason that the mid-end wouldn't be excepted

or maybe I'm missing something

I moved this thread to the calc group forum.

I've heard (And I might be wrong about this, in which case sorry for wasting everyone's time) that the low-end is too unrealistically slow for a Meteor, and that the mid- end is more likely to happen, as well I don't see why we lowballed said feat, as it is a most powerful technique of a character, and it should be Mid-ended, I've been asked to bring this up in a convo to see if the feat should changed to the Mid-End as well. If this is wrong then I will stop talking about it, but I want to know if maybe the Mid-End should be accepted

11 km/s is the accepted speed value for meteors on this and other forums. The low-end value doesn't make sense, since the speed is too low.

Honestly Etherious Mard Geer, Dragon Force Natsu, and Gray against Demons should be Mountain level+ regardless

Base Mard Geer is far superior to Jellal, and he goes Etherious which should at least be a 2x multiplier, which would put him at 596 Megatons, which is Mountain level+, I think we need to make these three characters Mountain level+

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Honestly Etherious Mard Geer, Dragon Force Natsu, and Gray against Demons should be Mountain level+ regardless

Base Mard Geer is far superior to Jellal, and he goes Etherious which should at least be a 2x multiplier, which would put him at 596 Megatons, which is Mountain level+, I think we need to make these three characters Mountain level+
Um how do we know that Base Mars Geer is above Jellal and what's up w/ this multiplier?

@Blackejan

Fair enough, there is no way to prove it, however they are comparable in their base forms, which means Base Mard Geer scales to the feat, and an Etherious Form should at least be double his base, so even still, even with the low-end they are Mountain level+, mid-end would be Baseline High 7-A, if we apply the 2 times variable

But there is no need for multipliers....where r u getting these multipliers unless it was stated somewhere that he is 2x stronger then no. Again how do we even know they r comparable to begin w/ when they never fought?

OMG Blackejan, why are you so difficult all the time, It absolutely makes sense that an Etherious Form is at least 2x, Base Wendy couldn't beat Ezel's Base, and Ezel went Etherious which was comparable to DF Wendy, and Dragon Force is confirmed to at least be a 3x jump, and reasonable small multipliers are allowed on this site now, so at the very least, an Etherious Form should be 2x

No YOU are the most difficult person like again stop making these multipliers unless it's stated somewhere! u are legitimately using headcannon multipliers then apply it like we know. There are so many things about these FT Calcs and scaling that make don't make sense in all honesty

EDIT: multipliers are used if it's consistent

Seven deadly sins, uses logical multipliers ALL the time, I mean there are two characters who are High 6-A, from a High 6-B Calc, via many Mutipliers, Etherious being a At least a 2x Multiplier makes absolute sense, it's not rocket science

And it's not rocket sciences to know that we use multipliers if it's consistent. Instead of saying it's 2x then show me where it says the multipliers

How is At least 2x inconsistent, most base Demons are 7-C, and there Etherious forms are Low 7-B+, which is a multiplier, far above 2x, which means that it is logical that Mard Geer's Etherious Form should be at least 2x, but if you really don't like that, the Feat should still be Mountain level+, as Meteors are at least 11,000 km/s, which is the Mid-end, so regardless, I believe we should at the very least accept the mid-end

It is probably best if you ask some calc group members to give input here.

George Hatziantoni said:
You do realize Earthland is bigger than Earth right? If you plug in its diameter you get 21 km/s for escape velocity
If that is true, then it makes Jellal's Meteor at High 7-A, also means Irene's Meteor would be recalced at Baseline Low 6-B, however, I don't know if that is the real escape velocity

Because wasn't Irene's Feat done with a slower escape velocity, or am I wrong about that, regardless with 21 km/s it would be High 7-A

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
How is At least 2x inconsistent, most base Demons are 7-C, and there Etherious forms are Low 7-B+, which is a multiplier, far above 2x, which means that it is logical that Mard Geer's Etherious Form should be at least 2x, but if you really don't like that, the Feat should still be Mountain level+, as Meteors are at least 11,000 km/s, which is the Mid-end, so regardless, I believe we should at the very least accept the mid-end
Now now don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was inconsistent, I'm saying that 2x multiplier is headcannon and that we ONLY use if it is consistent and the the 2x multiplier was never said in the anime/manga, it's just you saying that it is cause if that was the case then I could had said the same thing to the other series but wouldn't make sense cause again.....it's nothifn but headcannon

EDIT: if you are gonna do multipliers then let's do this example

Base Ezel = 150 Base Wendy = 100

So if DF is 3x while Etherion is 2x then they both would have 300 which isn't the case since DF Wendy was clearly stronger

Fine, forget about multipliers, point is, the calc should either be the mid-end, or a more proper result, cause the speed needs to be at least 11km/s which is the Mid-End of the calc

Well if that's the case then all the other meteors Calcs needs to change as well though how do we know the 11km/s is slow to begin w/?. Try asking other calc members to give input here

I have asked Calc Members

Also I'm suggesting 11km/s because, as stated in the Calculation Guide "The minimum value of speed an object needs to enter the earths atmosphere, that value is 11,000 m/s or 11 km/s" the low-end that we scale to, is using 7 km/s, which is wrong for the feat

the 11 km/s is the accepted end on multiple forums, including this one iirc

It's using the average meteor speed when entering the atmosphere, which results in 11 km/s

Anything lower than that shouldn't be legitimate

Then there must be a reason why we used 7 km/s if 11 km/s is the accepted one since ALL the calc members in the comment said the low end should be used

EDIT: it appears that 7900 m/s is also used for metoer velocity

The calc members said the low end should be used, because a low end is most often preferable to the mid end. If we actually went with 7 km/s, then a lot of calcs on the forum would need to be revised.

In order to calculate the meteor speeds, surface escape velocity is used.

Here, a link if you still dont believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_velocity

I might not be a calc member, but I'm decent at science so I know what I'm talking about

Yes but again there must have been a reason why 7 km/s was used though I do wanna try and find all the other meteor Calcs and see what they also got

The 7 km/s was probably accounting drag for the lowest speed needed to enter the atmosphere. Having said that, drag is normally only accounted for calced speeds, since 11 km/s is the classic low end.

Accounting drag for the absolute low-end is an unnecessary lowball

Jellal Sema shouldn't even be that high to begin w/ since if people said that it came from space then it would had just been another Dues Sema which is not the case. Dues Sema came from all the way out there from space so I'm sure they thought the Sema cane from the atmosphere but I'm no expert

Yeah, the 11 km/s is the minimum speed needed to enter the atmosphere, so it could be right up there, and the speed would still be the minimum.

Well again idk but there was a reason why they would do that and they know the regulation for a meteor velocity though again this shouldn't even count since Jellal Sema never came from space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back